December's Legendary Hero: Azura Vallite Songstress

daisy jane

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think sniping is almost always the way to go. The only exceptions are:

• You're about equally interested in multiple colors
  • You're prepared to spend hundreds of orbs, to the point where you can be pretty confident you'll get your first pick and want to give your best shot at quickly getting your second as well

If you pull from a second color, you'll slightly increase your odds of pulling a focus unit, but you'll also add about a 50% chance that if you do get a unit, it'll be from the color you're less interested in. So unless you'll be able to keep dumping orbs into the banner well past that point, your odds of getting a character from the color you want most go way down.

Yeah, you'd think they'd at least space them out by enough that they could see the reactions to previous alts before locking in the next ones, but nope.

unless the colour you want are green :( sad sad panda.
I am pretty okay with anything in Grey (preferably Veronica/Takumi), so i think i'll just do that. i want to save as many orbs as possible. I haven't really seen the numbers sniping vs. not (I always feel - and maybe it's just mentally me), i spend more sniping vs. picking 2 colours. but that doesn't make sense LOL

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

unless the colour you want are green :( sad sad panda.
I am pretty okay with anything in Grey (preferably Veronica/Takumi), so i think i'll just do that. i want to save as many orbs as possible. I haven't really seen the numbers sniping vs. not (I always feel - and maybe it's just mentally me), i spend more sniping vs. picking 2 colours. but that doesn't make sense LOL

Green is no exception. Even with green orbs being the least frequent, it takes fewer orbs to successfully snipe green than any other color. That said, you always need to have an idea of which color to go for in the event that the color you want isn't available, and it's especially important in green where there's a 36% chance of a session having zero green orbs.

Ignoring pity rate, sniping a specific red unit from a current legendary banner takes an average of 226.76 orbs, while sniping a specific green unit takes an average of 184.73 orbs. If you'd be happy with either of two units and stop there, divide that orb cost by two. If you'd be happy with any of the three units and stop there, divide that orb cost by three.

I don't have numbers for sniping multiple colors, but now that you mention it, I was meaning to make a simulator to incorporate pity rate, which should also be able to handle multiple colors better than my spreadsheets can.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree with those saying that Azura being a legendary isn't a bad idea, it was just a horrible idea to release her NOW.

You said it, Azura is a quite plot important character in fates and I believe people understand that she would be a legendary eventually. Problem was she came after a month adrift came out. If she was released in February or April then it would be ok, and when you think about it people would be even "happy" about her as she would allow other units to get that sweet +1 movement (I think it is a buff) buff that beast units will have.

Also would you suggest I pull red only, since I want all these units, or try and blue to raise my chances to get Azura (which is an excellent unit)?

I don't know about this banner. Colorless sounds good for me. I still have no Veronica and I would be happy about Eir. But I guess no more than 50 orbs. I have over 400 orbs now and I don't want to be at 0 again...
Blue only for L!azura, may she be a bad choice, but her skills are just pretty good and I have no flying dancer/songstress. 

Edited by Stroud

I'm just gonna pop in to say I really hope IS learns from their mistakes and act like fates doesn't exist next year, it is only fair given how much they have gotten this year.

Still, nice to know that plot devices can become legendaries.

8 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I don't know about this banner. Colorless sounds good for me. I still have no Veronica and I would be happy about Eir. But I guess no more than 50 orbs. I have over 400 orbs now and I don't want to be at 0 again...
Blue only for L!azura, may she be a bad choice, but her skills are just pretty good and I have no flying dancer/songstress. 

you might be better to wait and summon on NY banner for NY Azura instead, then save for L!Azura. 

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree with those saying that Azura being a legendary isn't a bad idea, it was just a horrible idea to release her NOW.

why is  it a horrible idea to release her "now"?  because she had a free version last month?
it actually makes a lot of sense to do it now. 

1: they are switching to the Mythical hero nonsense, which cuts legendary pool in half (dumb. but whatever)
2: considering they announced Binding Blade is coming out in Febuary? that should pretty much mean that Roy (or someone in that game) is becoming Legendary.  meaning that's 1 of 6. 
3: they can just have the shoe drop on the "oh my god, Alts are bad, so many fates!!" people now, and concentrate on say the others - because  Xander (foil for Ryoma), and Corrin will more than likely become Legendary Heroe'ed eventually. and would you rather have 3 in one year - or just have 2? (maybe one in the summer, and then again one later) (OR one next year, one the next). 
4: Reyson - would have been a really awesome fit - but he'd be a better fit in Colourless and beast units aren't introduced yet - but i don't think they were ever not gonna have a refresher

again for me, I totally admit and acknowledge my bias here. 
I like Azura
I like Fliers
I like Mages
and I give zero poops about how many alts someone has for the most part, because some of my favourite units i have happen to be alts.  I get why some people will be upset - but then it's sort of like - then don't summon. I didn't like Hrid. I didn't think he (or his entire family) should be Legendary heroes, but they were, and I don't actively summon for them (and i still got Hrid. Myrrh will be happy)  I'm more upset over the fact that older units are being skipped over completely for newer ones (and these older units are very rarely on focus banners). 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Green is no exception. Even with green orbs being the least frequent, it takes fewer orbs to successfully snipe green than any other color. That said, you always need to have an idea of which color to go for in the event that the color you want isn't available, and it's especially important in green where there's a 36% chance of a session having zero green orbs.

Ignoring pity rate, sniping a specific red unit from a current legendary banner takes an average of 226.76 orbs, while sniping a specific green unit takes an average of 184.73 orbs. If you'd be happy with either of two units and stop there, divide that orb cost by two. If you'd be happy with any of the three units and stop there, divide that orb cost by three.

I don't have numbers for sniping multiple colors, but now that you mention it, I was meaning to make a simulator to incorporate pity rate, which should also be able to handle multiple colors better than my spreadsheets can.

oh i meant simply just appearing :)
 thanks for this. I was playing with the simulator simply sniping red/grey and i've finally been getting some medians and averages to work with. (I think if i get Tiki - i'm just gonna call it a colour). it looks like if you do colour sniping with red/grey you'll get a bit more, but if you do red/blue you get a bit less.(i've been getting roughly about 4-5 6 Heroes in between 150/200 orbs (my limit), doing red/grey (and then lucky random blue colour) vs. 2-3-4 doing red/blue. 

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

you might be better to wait and summon on NY banner for NY Azura instead, then save for L!Azura

True, at least it might be smarter to wait for L!Azura if she comes back with better blue options.
And I intend to save for Nailah anyway. xD She is not that far away. Nailah first and maybe NY Azura if I am lucky enough. Also NYAzura is on a 3 unit banner, I like to avoid 4 hero banner and legendary most of the time..

If L!Azura appears again with Nailah on Legendary, I would pull of course. 

Edited by Stroud

18 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

why is  it a horrible idea to release her "now"?  because she had a free version last month?

Because of this, yes, and the fact that she got three other versions as well. It's poor timing.

32 minutes ago, Stroud said:

True, at least it might be smarter to wait for L!Azura if she comes back with better blue options.
And I intend to save for Nailah anyway. xD She is not that far away. Nailah first and maybe NY Azura if I am lucky enough. Also NYAzura is on a 3 unit banner, I like to avoid 4 hero banner and legendary most of the time..

If L!Azura appears again with Nailah on Legendary, I would pull of course. 

my hope is i get her on my first circle or i get graciously lucky and she falls in my lap.  other wise, i'mma gonna be having to wait for her return with better blues (look at her get like crap from now on or always share with Fjorm. i'd be so sad). 

i hope you can get both!! :)

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Still, nice to know that plot devices can become legendaries.

Gunnthra Talking compass sends her regards from Hel. Also Hrid, who added exactly nothing to what Book II passed off as a story.

So, we've got an all singing legendary now.

She's the Water defence legendary, with a blue tome (I've already got Brinian sorry), she comes with the Prayer Wheel (which gives speed and up to +7 in all other stats to whatever stat was boosted highest already (So that's possibly broken)), a powercreeped dance (giving infantry and fliers +1 move), Atk Tactic, Aerobatics (Totally want more Flier Formation) and Blue Flying Duel (Which is better than R Duel Flying because it has 170. WHY IS?). So she's a bit ridiculous imo, but I'm not as driven to get her as I expected.

As for the other colours, Red has HK!Marth, Flora and Summer!Tiki, Blue has Fjorm and Summilla, Green has Peganino, Helbindi and Lector and Colourless has Eir, Kinumi and Brunonica. So of these, Blue has flying mages I'd like to pull but Fjrom messes with that, Red has a legendary I have, a unit I don't care about and unit I'd love to get, Green has Pegenino and two units I don't have and Colourless has probably no interest for me in practice. So I think I'd go Green > Red > Blue > Colourless, though I might just not at all in the end.

Just as a note, I'm overall disappointed with Azura: The powercreep is real here with her skills and R Flying Duel begin worse than B Flying Duel just is strange to me.

I'm going to treat Grey Waves as a prelude to beast units, if Tibarn is any indication.

Red has three units I don't have, blue has two units I don't have and decent fodder in Fjorm, green has Helbindi ('nuff said), and colorless would be great for more Leon merges.  Looks like I'm doing full circles.  And here I wanted to save up for a better NY Takumi. . .ah, well!

So there's a pretty good chance that we'll get A Hero Rises in about a month. Last time, Legendary Ike won, with Winter Tharja, PA Azura, and regular Hector as the top contenders. This time around, it seems likely for two of the finalists to be January's mythic hero and legendary Azura.

Typical whining about alts and the needless inclusion of this particular unit aside, adding a movement space to infantry is something I always knew would be implemented sooner or later, I kind of expected it to be a C skill rather than something like this, but it's par for the course. Now of course, the colors.

RED: I don't actually have an OP red Dragon so I wouldn't mind Tiki, plus Valor skills are always welcome! L!Marth is one of the heroes I already have BUT both ATK/SPD Bond and Infantry Flash are great skills so another one of him would be welcome, especially if he's a better nature than the one I have. I pulled for Flora and didn't get her so yeah, this color isn't super amazing but all around good, so yeah, pulling reds.

BLUE: The prize is Azura of course, I still don't have a flying dancer and putting orbs into her means probably not getting NY!Azura, still I'm going to try. Fjorm is a pretty terrible block, but merges for her would be nice since she's an arena staple in the rotation. Summer Camilla is a bit redundant since I have the other two blue fliers, but they both have terrible nature and don't have Hone Fliers which is very valuable. It's a dangerous color to pull from but I'm going to do it.

GREEN: Legendary Hector needs no introduction, Flying Nino is the best green tome flier whom I don't have and Helbindi is at best a green tank and at worst G Duel Infantry for my +10 Nino which means a much more easy time getting into T21. Definitely pulling this color as always, generally you can't go wrong here.

COLORLESS: This one is precarious. On one hand, more Eirs would be fantastic for either AR or Mystic Boost for Matthew and Serra's been waiting for Wrathful Staff for the absolute longest. On the other hand I have no need for S!Takumi, he has no good fodder and colorless at this point for me is a terrible color to pull from since Matthew never shows up and neither does very good fodder. Plus I got the unit I wanted the least out of 2 colors when I had a 2/3 chance to get something good and they were bad natures on top of it.

I should really avoid greys, this banner fills me with a bit of dread after last month, plus NY!Azura is right around the corner as are beast units, but you know what? I'm going to go for it and hope for the best. Just... keeping my expectations a bit low. The worst thing I could get is a bad natured Fjorm,Takumi and nothing else. I'll be praying.

@mcsilas @mampfoid The Legendary battle will be amazing though. Truly a fitting stage for a final battle. Will Matt and Co be able to take down one final LHB? On Abyssal even? The stage is set. Can't wait.

Edited by Zeo

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid The Legendary battle will be amazing though. Truly a fitting stage for a final battle. Will Matt and Co be able to take down one final LHB? On Abyssal even? The stage is set. Can't wait.

i can't wait to seee!! :) 
and i DO hope you get matthew
(don't forget that this banner does overlap w/NY 2017 so you can go for Airzura before you go for AirTomezura. this is what i'm planning on doing. 
(I also need to give my serra wrathful. :) i'm building one too).

7 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Yes, making characters takes several months. That’s why they use the same few characters over and over and that’s also why they commission the same artist every single time. These developers are really terrible at spreading these things out properly. 

Yeah the reason they are continuing so heavy on alts and Fates is cause they are selling a lot probably.  It takes months to make characters, well we have been talking about alt fever for most of the year and still no changes.  

The ship has sailed for alts, they are obviously making tons of money cause they haven't cut back on them at all.  Again the gray waves and the rapid power creep is really much more concerning and almost a killer for me.  This is worse than BST power creep even, one extra movement range is a ton and for those that don't have her they will really really feel it. 

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Yeah the reason they are continuing so heavy on alts and Fates is cause they are selling a lot probably.  It takes months to make characters, well we have been talking about alt fever for most of the year and still no changes.  

The ship has sailed for alts, they are obviously making tons of money cause they haven't cut back on them at all.  Again the gray waves and the rapid power creep is really much more concerning and almost a killer for me.  This is worse than BST power creep even, one extra movement range is a ton and for those that don't have her they will really really feel it. 

Well, as I always say, Powercreep is pretty much a must in the long run of these games, it really is. It's what makes pulling for new units worth it at all aside from the way they look (look at FGO's Merlin or most other OP units in other gaccha's). I will agree that it is pretty potent, but the powercreep can and will continue. All we can hope is that they come up with something to help balance the game out (which I'm sure they can, they just really need to think hard)

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and Eirika probably won't win that either. If there even will be a third one.

I was going to comment that it won’t because her Legendary was last month, but I just remembered she got Christmas XD. Anyway, you may be right, Eirika may get a bit of a blow, but Azura’s definitely getting it the hardest. Not only because she’s one with the most alts, but we have to consider that we got two in such a short lapse of time, plus this year has been swarmed with Fates characters

15 hours ago, Stroud said:

No need to feel that they, legendary Heroes are eternally blocked from getting light blessing anyway. So if you want to go for max offensive score you can't use her anyway. She is still a good backup unit though. And has more uses on defense. Also I think and hope that they pull her of, because they know that we will get more movement buff soon. But the multiplayer buff is a heavy addition though..

I just hope its only my feeling and she influences def Setups on AR not as much as I think...

I was about to agree that's true, but it looks like IS literally just nixed that blessing advantage with the new update announcement. At least Ninian still gets the advantage of +4/4/6/6 buffs at the start of the turn without needing to dance first. But man, they just made Azura a even more appealing than she already was, now that she'll both be great in AR use-wise and give lift and blessing boosts on top of it.

Edited by Alkaid

1 hour ago, ArgentSable said:

Well, as I always say, Powercreep is pretty much a must in the long run of these games, it really is. It's what makes pulling for new units worth it at all aside from the way they look (look at FGO's Merlin or most other OP units in other gaccha's). I will agree that it is pretty potent, but the powercreep can and will continue. All we can hope is that they come up with something to help balance the game out (which I'm sure they can, they just really need to think hard)

well they will. 
I mean veronica's been running rampant and now Eir can nullify that. 
they came up with corrin's nullify counter attacks stuff. 

I mean and I say this with someone who has surtr. I don't really "throw him" at the problem, and when i face him - even though it takes some work and planning - he's okay/decent enough to punch through, you just need some thinking. same with this. sure. Azura gives infantry/armour +1 movement. but then. think about it. she still only moves 2. spaces. so she's out of the range if you move too far . 

so chances are they will see how this works, and then come up with countermeasures, and bobs your uncle. 

and worse case scenario. just throw Jaffar/Innes/Lynn at the problem with another dancer, and poof. bye bye Azura. 

1 hour ago, ArgentSable said:

It doesn't have to be a thing in these games, just cause it is the status quo doesn't mean we should support/accept it.  There are many ways to make units worth pulling besides blatant power creep.  Besides which it is really lazy usually.  Let's up BST from 170 to 175, let's then up it to 180.  Okay whales pull there are units that can score even more now!  Ah dance the best support skill, well what if we give the refreshed unit an 1 extra move as well.  

I'm in tier 18 now with Aether raids and every loss I've had has been to a team with Surtr on it.  I don't want to see this new Azura everywhere giving Ophelia fully charged specials 3 move, so 2 move plus 3 move and no ramps or anything.  It is going to enable really stupid things and like Surtr those that don't have the unit will pretty much be handicapped.  

They have gradually increased power over time, but now it is rapid and honestly incredibly offputting like big leaps in power within very little time.