Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

I meant that Elincia has enough character development that her appearance has less bearing on her popularity compared to Micaiah.

That said, her Heroes art isn't very attractive at all, at least IMO. Her dancing alt is a lot better, but first impressions count for a lot.

Oh, my mistake then.

I personally think her normal art looks okay, but not the best, no. Micaiah's is worse though imo. Her face is so weird.

Blame Reinhardt for being a more mobile brave user. Even though Micaiah is infantry, she deals with the two most annoying movement types.

Horses aren't really as mobile as they used to be due to trenches and stuff sadly, but Rein is really really good, true.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lau said:

Female Robin in third shocked me, I would've thought female Corrin was the more popular of the two.

I think F!Robin is the most popular avatar out of the three. She is beautiful, smart, powerful, charismatic, loyal, friendly, royalty, a potential goddess (albeit evil), etc. She invented Pair Up, one of the most broken battle tactics in Fire Emblem history.

F!Corrin is beautiful and is a princess, and maybe borderline charismatic, but that is about it.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I think F!Robin is the most popular avatar out of the three. She is beautiful, smart, powerful, charismatic, loyal, friendly, royalty, a potential goddess (albeit evil), etc. She invented Pair Up, one of the most broken battle tactics in Fire Emblem history.

F!Corrin is beautiful and is a princess, and maybe borderline charismatic, but that is about it.

Nah, FRobin got rallied by a Youtuber.

Normally FCorrin is the more popular one, but popularity is a fickle thing at this point. :\

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Personally, I've always found Elincia meek and weak and it annoyed me enough that I never considered her one of my faves, at the very least. That game portrait in PoR with her sad looking face and her hands on her chest just added to that impression. Micaiah is a lot more determined and self-involved. 

I started liking Elincia better when she picked up the Amiti and decided to join the fray at the very end of PoR. She does better in RD as well.

I love her retainers Lucia and Bastian a whole lot more. Geoffrey not so much, but I never liked his particular archetype.

So she's weak simply because she didn't pick up a weapon for awhile? That's kind of petty. If you think she's boring, okay, whatever. But a person can be strong without going out and trying to kill bad guys.

Also, for the record, Elincia did try to join the fight earlier, but Ike told her no. She also went "give them a sound thrashing!" to him later. That doesn't sound weak to me. xP

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I started liking Elincia better when she picked up the Amiti and decided to join the fray at the very end of PoR. She does better in RD as well.

I have to agree that RD makes Elincia. Without it, she is just another Nyna/Guinevere, which is to say a generic princess in need of saving.

By the end of RD, she has developed from a damsel into a queen who during the two Hawk Army chapters is basically able to stand with and against Tibarn, a hulking king by strength, as his unflinching equal. That is pretty impressive. She can make her stand for the need for Order against his penchant for Chaos, and the two can without making it seem like one is sopping up to the other, compromise that balance is what is really needed. PoR Elincia could not do that, she needed Part 2 and Part 3 to get to that point.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So she's weak simply because she didn't pick up a weapon for awhile? That's kind of petty. If you think she's boring, okay, whatever. But a person can be strong without going out and trying to kill bad guys.

Also, for the record, Elincia did try to join the fight earlier, but Ike told her no. She also went "give them a sound thrashing!" to him later. That doesn't sound weak to me. xP

You obviously see her differently but I'm telling you how she appears to me. She is meek and weak because she's the princess under protection, that needed to be hidden and sheltered. Her uncle, retainers and the mercenaries fought for her for most of the game.

She's the Nyna type, pretty much, although I might like Nyna more because I just dig her hair. 

I might underestimate RD Elincia, like IO mentions, I do now recall her being of most war councils involving the other leaders plus I like how she stood her ground during the Crimean insurrection. 

Edited by Vince777

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Camilla wins, then this topic is going to be hotter than Surtr's hemorrhoids (they are like magma veins I tell you, and his defecations are solid granite- why'd I stand beneath the sloping cliff where he was relieving himself that one day?) for a while. I'd probably jump ship and avoid being here for about 12 hours after the news breaks, then people will move on and get over it, no more rage, until the next Camilla alt. You'll be a happier Eevee if you do.

Uhhh. . .how do you know so much about Surtr's hemorrhoids?

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I have to give eclipse a thumbs up too. I feel bad that she's gotta deal with crazy salt as well. This is also why I've really been trying hard to keep mine to a minimum.

36 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Thanks for keeping this place as civil as possible. I seriously feel bad for you.

Thanks, you two!  This really does mean a lot!

---

I might throw a vote Marth's way, to ensure that he gets a CYL.  I still have bad memories of Brexit, despite being American.

Elincia was weak, but that makes her strength all the more admirable. Making Zelgius fall back in RD was much more impressive than anything Micaiah or even Ike did, and so it's a shame she isn't higher on CYL.

Elincia was weak, but that makes her strength all the more admirable. Making Zelgius fall back in RD was much more impressive than anything Micaiah or even Ike did, and so it's a shame she isn't higher on CYL.

Didn't Ike kill this same Zelgius and then a Goddess?

12 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I wish they had at least given Leo an alt last year, so he wouldn't be leeching votes off of Takumi now (they largely share the same fanbase). Last year Takumi was just behind the Chrom and Robin, but now he slipped below that by a great margin. Even someone with currently zero personality like Lif. I will never get this fanbase..

I think the mystery and his design is why he is getting votes. People want to see something more, like an uncorrupted form.

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Thanks, you two!  This really does mean a lot!

Hey, I owe you a lot too, eclipse. For that kick in the butt you gave me. I won't lie, I felt really hurt at first when I read the note you left me when you banned me (and also tbh, I still don't think the Eirika comparisons were necessary, but that's irrelevant). But ever since, I've been able to keep straight for the most part. I've gone over two months now with no serious trouble. I kinda came close once, I think, but I was still able to avert a disaster (and really, I can't be perfect, right?). And it's because of you, really. So I also owe you that much, and that's also why I made that comment to you.

So yeah. Can't thank you enough there. :)

9 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

You obviously see her differently but I'm telling you how she appears to me. She is meek and weak because she's the princess under protection, that needed to be hidden and sheltered. Her uncle, retainers and the mercenaries fought for her for most of the game.

She's the Nyna type, pretty much, although I might like Nyna more because I just dig her hair. 

I might underestimate RD Elincia, like IO mentions, I do now recall her being of most war councils involving the other leaders plus I like how she stood her ground during the Crimean insurrection. 

Eh, I guess that's just how you're going to see her then. I was just kind of confused at your view and still kinda am. But oh well. xP

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Uhhh. . .how do you know so much about Surtr's hemorrhoids?

He unfortunately looked up the cliff. I mean, I think anyone would look up if they noticed granite rocks suddenly falling down from the sky.

At least he is not my poor Reinhardts. I told my Reinhardts to dirty their hands and Weapons by giving Surtr hemorrhoids in his behind. I had to buy my Reinhardts new pairs of gloves.

Didn't Ike kill this same Zelgius and then a Goddess?

Strength is more than just physical strength, which is what I think is what they're getting at.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, I guess that's just how you're going to see her then. I was just kind of confused at your view and still kinda am. But oh well. xP

Could be worse. You could be a Takumi/Leo fan.

Both very popular characters yet with detestable personalities. Baffles me.  :D

Edited by Vince777

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Oh, detestable personalities are nothing new!  See. . .uhh. . .bad people throughout history? :P:

Takumi/Leo are handsome young men, and I'm sure my younger self would've drooled over them.

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

Didn't Ike kill this same Zelgius

All Ike did was satisfy his urge to fight. Elincia made him retreat solely on the basis that she has more courage than he does.

and then a Goddess?

By channelling another Goddess.

...Sorry, but I do like Takumi. I thought he was actually better written than many Fates characters because he actually acted realistically towards Corrin when he/she first came to Hoshido. While everyone else loves and trusts him/her right away, Takumi didn't. He's right to be skeptical, they didn't grow up with Corrin, so they can't possibly know that he/she wouldn't betray them. To me, Takumi here is just like Freddy in Awakening. Frederick didn't trust Robin at first, unlike everyone else. Takumi didn't trust Corrin at first, unlike everyone else. They both had realistic reactions and attitudes here. And I like that.

Though I will say that Takumi's treatment of Azura is kind of uh...yeah. She did grow up with them, so I have no idea why he is mean to her. Which is probably a reason I didn't like him as much as Silas or Ryoma.

I'm not really into Leo though, yeah. Except in his Warriors conversation with Frederick. That is the most golden of gold EVER. LMAO.

Edited by Anacybele

Leo is not that bad. He seems pretty chill.

Takumi may be a tsundere, but once you get him to be dere dere, I can see his appeal.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Oh, detestable personalities are nothing new!  See. . .uhh. . .bad people throughout history? :P:

Takumi/Leo are handsome young men, and I'm sure my younger self would've drooled over them.

I guess I did like Severa a lot and she's got that intolerable personality. So I shouldn't talk.

"Say good night!"

Edited by Vince777

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? How does Micaiah look any close to being in her twenties? She always looked 14-15 to me. Elincia looks to be in her twenties imo. An Ike is a mature man too, he's 20.

Micaiah still looks 14-15 to me, even if her true age is probably closer to mine (27). Elincia to me looks early twenties. So if guys think a 14-15 year old looks more attractive than 20 year old woman, that's creepy, like I said. I mean, if you just think she's kind of cute or pretty, okay. But having any sort of real attraction, like sexual, is gross, unless you're under 18 yourself, I suppose.

I mean I think calling someone a "mature" adult is more commonly used when someone is like 50. Someone in their 20s is a young adult.

And you might want to not continue to imply what you're implying about people finding Micaiah attractive since you're basing it on your guess that she's meant to look underage. Nowhere does it say she's meant to look like a little girl. 

.....Honestly, I’m just offended by being lumped with Tacomeat fans more than anything else.

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

I mean I think calling someone a "mature" adult is more commonly used when someone is like 50. Someone in their 20s is a young adult.

And you might want to not continue to imply what you're implying about people finding Micaiah attractive since you're basing it on your guess that she's meant to look underage. Nowhere does it say she's meant to look like a little girl. 

Sorry, by mature, I meant basically completely grown up. And not growing anymore. So finished with puberty and the like. I guess I should've clarified.

And yeah, good idea. I don't want to open a can of worms. But I meant that she looks like a teenager, not a little girl.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, by mature, I meant basically completely grown up. And not growing anymore. So finished with puberty and the like. I guess I should've clarified.

And yeah, good idea. I don't want to open a can of worms. But I meant that she looks like a teenager, not a little girl.

My guess is that it's the Branded thing.  Soren sort-of has the same thing going on (looking apparently younger than he really is).

Micaiah may look far younger than she is, but man does she have good taste in fashion!  Part of me wants to see her Brave outfit, just to see how snazzy it would be!

38 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

To me, Elincia's appeal is in her character arc, which needs you to play both games, whereas Micaiah didn't get the slow-burn development so it's more based on her appearance and personality. As a unit in Heroes, I also think Micaiah's dual effectiveness made her stand out more than Elincia's stronger Brave effect.

What does slow-burn development mean? Most major RD players got character development except Ike.