Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds is coming! (June 3rd)

Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support

• Pent: Fancy Fiancé
    • Sigurd: Holy Knight
    • Bartre: Fearless Warrior
    • Quan: Luminous Lancer
    • Louise: Eternal Devotion
    • Deirdre: Lady of the Forest
    • Karla: Sword Vassal
    • Ethlyn: Spirited Princess

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2019 at 02:59 AM

I'm supportive of the decision to only allow couples who are married at the start or in the middle of games. Getting married in the epilogue doesn't count, but I don't know if Marth was married between FE1 and FE3 or whether he was still technically a bachelor at the end of his saga. I actually can't remember if Clive and Mathilda was already married either or whether they were just planning to get hitched.

Probably go Bartre for level 1 autobattle shenanigans.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going team Quan since I like him and i will get easy feathers.  After he loses it will depend on who I have, maybe I will go Karla.

Edited by EricaofRenais

I will be going with Sigurd, let's hope he does well ^^

Any of you are free to add me, just let me know so I can free some space.

23 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

but I don't know if Marth was married between FE1 and FE3 or whether he was still technically a bachelor at the end of his saga.

Engaged, but not yet married. Hardin ruined their chance for a June 15th 607 AC wedding, it got postponed until 609.

@Anacybele While being a major Marth fanboy and love the pairing, and I am upset that they aren't there, I think the others have a point. Everyone on this banner is characters that have canonically in the game plot actually married. Since Marth and Caeda technically never got married in the game, they got excluded. Annoying, but makes sense. 

Interestingly enough, I also note that the characters for this Gauntlet are also parents. Since I frankly think that Alm and Celica should technically also be here too, given that they do actually marry canonically. But since they have no known child together, they must have been excluded. 

Also, looks like we're on the same team this time. Team Sigurd FTW!

Sigurd's been my most used sword unit in the game with his tanky nature. Let's hope he can beat out on Pent.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hardin ruined their chance for a June 15th 607 AC wedding, it got postponed until 609

Is that the most vile thing Hardin has done? 

I only have Bartre, Deirdre, Ethlyn and Louise. I had Quan and Karla but foddered them off. So among the four I have, I think I'll go with Deirdre. She ended up pity breaking me but ended up being an excellent unit for AA. Also, I do like her voice lines and since her character is arguably what Micaiah was based off of, I think I'll support her. 

If she loses, I'll go with Bartre because I got a +atk one which I built and dude's a beast for AA smashing armours for days. Also, he has an engaging personality. 

4 hours ago, Troykv said:

That is technically true, but it would essencially create a different timeline where Marth became depressed and was unable to properly run the Empire or something

So IS went out of their way to make sure all the pairings chosen not only were canon, but impossible in any capacity for the player to mess up... which it's the thing that applies with Leif/Nanna, Marth/Shiida, Boey/Mae, Clive/Mathilda (change ending through death of the non-main characters of the pair) and Micaiah/Sothe (changing ending through going out of your way to remove their base A support, that is prove enough of the intent to be canon).

The only other pair that I remember that can't be mess up and it's actually playable are Calill and Largo.

That would make Marth a more interesting character. 

Who are you supporting in this gauntlet? 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Team Sigurd all the way.

Does that make you an ally? 

Edited by Icelerate

3 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

@Anacybele While being a major Marth fanboy and love the pairing, and I am upset that they aren't there, I think the others have a point. Everyone on this banner is characters that have canonically in the game plot actually married. Since Marth and Caeda technically never got married in the game, they got excluded. Annoying, but makes sense. 

Interestingly enough, I also note that the characters for this Gauntlet are also parents. Since I frankly think that Alm and Celica should technically also be here too, given that they do actually marry canonically. But since they have no known child together, they must have been excluded. 

Also, looks like we're on the same team this time. Team Sigurd FTW!

Sigurd's been my most used sword unit in the game with his tanky nature. Let's hope he can beat out on Pent.

Yeah, but the thing is, I also don't think it needed to only be couples that can't be "messed up."

And wow, is this the first time we're joining the same team right away? I don't remember us ever doing that.

30 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

That would make Marth a more interesting character. 

False! Marth was always great.

Though it does bring up an interesting point. Without Caeda, I think Marth would almost certainly marry Nyna. Though they would not love one another, they do share a form of friendship and the two would know each other's pain, with Nyna losing Camus and Marth losing Caeda. Like two cats licking each others wounds. 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And wow, is this the first time we're joining the same team right away? I don't remember us ever doing that.

I cannot recall a time where we both started on the same team. We generally choose different teams to start off with. This might be the first time we chose the same character to support.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Though it does bring up an interesting point. Without Caeda, I think Marth would almost certainly marry Nyna. Though they would not love one another, they do share a form of friendship and the two would know each other's pain, with Nyna losing Camus and Marth losing Caeda. Like two cats licking each others wounds.

I guess that would work. I can't give a real opinion though, I didn't play much of Shadow Dragon and I never played New Mystery.

By the way, I can't properly quote your posts sometimes. You're the only user this happens with. Wtf are you doing when you post?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess that would work. I can't give a real opinion though, I didn't play much of Shadow Dragon and I never played New Mystery.

By the way, I can't properly quote your posts sometimes. You're the only user this happens with. Wtf are you doing when you post?

It's a very unique pairing that none really consider much. Also, Marth's a descendant of Anri (indirect really), and Nyna is a descendant of Artemis. So it would be a unique twist of how the Emblem prevented Anri and Artemis from being together, but their descendants did.

Wait, so it's an issue with just quoting me? What? Why? 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

It's a very unique pairing that none really consider much. Also, Marth's a descendant of Anri (indirect really), and Nyna is a descendant of Artemis. So it would be a unique twist of how the Emblem prevented Anri and Artemis from being together, but their descendants did.

Wait, so it's an issue with just quoting me? What? Why? 

Huh, that would've been interesting, yeah.

Yeah, every now and then, the quote button on your post doesn't work and I can't highlight text to bring up the quote option there. As I said, you're the only one this has happened with. It's something you're doing, because I recall someone else saying they had the same problem with your posts.

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:
1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, that would've been interesting, yeah.

From a romantic standpoint, I would totally support this. But because I love my boy Marth so much, I can't have him sad that Caeda is dead. 

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, every now and then, the quote button on your post doesn't work and I can't highlight text to bring up the quote option there. As I said, you're the only one this has happened with. It's something you're doing, because I recall someone else saying they had the same problem with your posts.

@Interdimensional Observer said that, and that is weird. I don't recall doing anything weird. So why me?

Edited by eclipse
Debugging stuff, please bear with me

@omegaxis1 Just happened again with the post you just made. I can't quote it at all. If you're not doing anything that you know of, then I have no idea. It is really weird.

Edited by Anacybele

51 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Is that the most vile thing Hardin has done? 

To speak seriously, his list:

1. Occupying Grust and leaving a corrupt abusive hungry-for-young-female-virgins noble named Lang in charge whilst executing any resistance. 
  2. Attempting to undermine Minerva's reign in Macedon through underlying support for rebellious generals.
  3. Seizing Altea with the hope of framing Marth as deserving such punishment through failure in Macedon. He instead settles for Marth's refusal to abide by Lang's orders as grounds to conquer it instead. He brutally occupies the country for a year at most. Attempts to continually fight and kill Marth during the occupation of Altea and thereafter.
  4. Forcing Gra to fight Marth to the death even though its army consists mostly of poorly armed greenhorns.
  5. Repressing Archanean resistance and discontent to his tyrannical rule through violence and executions.

Does being a pawn of Gharnef due to his weakness of character leading to corruption by the Darksphere count as a chargeable crime? Or can he plea spiritual illness?

Lastly, in having ordered Marth to go to Grust to subjugate it, Hardin provided the events which Roy would later parallel in the Western Isles. The Western Isles introduces those painfully generic and rotten limelight hogs called the Etrurian nobility.

51 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

since her character is arguably what Micaiah was based off of

It would be next to impossible to deny at least a visuals & class connection. Silver hair, female, light magic usersl one has a Dark Affinity, the other Minor Loptous Blood. One has is forbidden to marry because of their cursed blood, the other is a pariah because of their Brand. One can produce a child able to hold a dark entity, the other can hold a dark entity. (Yune may be no "Dark God", as in an evil being wanting to pollute the world with poisonous shadows. But in the absence of Ashera using Dark, her having no Spirits who use Dark, and her highest servant- the highest to Yune as well- using Light, Dark, and Staffs, I personally insist on a Dark Magic-Yune connection.) Both are heavily slanted stats-wise with huge Magic and Res (but Deirdre doesn't share in Micaiah's Lck).

Further evidence is to be found in of course the abundance of other Jugdral-Tellius parallels.:

• Quan et Tibarn 
  • Travant et Naesala 
  • All those green-haired Silessean Pegasus Knights able to use Staffs on promotion et Elincia
  • The Fiana Freeblades et the Greil Mercenaries
  • Ethlyn et Mist
  • Eyvel et Greil & Titania
  • Asbel et Soren (although this goes back to Merric as well)
  • Finn et Geoffrey
  • Black Knight Ares et the Black Knight
  • Visually and class- Tailtiu et Ilyana
  • Visually and class- Azelle et Tormod
  • Specialized weapon cavalry et specialized weapon cavalry
  • The history of the Thracian Peninsula et the history of the islands in the Gazaleah Sea
  • The geography of the halves of the Thracian Peninsula et the geography of Crimea and Daein
  • The presence of a singular superpower in Grannvale et the presence of a singular superpower in Begnion?
  • Brands of Holy Blood, Brands of Laguz blood?
  • The return of Skills after GBA FE got rid of them and only rudimentarily restored them with SS
  • The (only one little chapter) return of Capturing
  • The ability to steal weapons
  • The return of Escape
  • The return of mounted units moving after attacking
  • The return of Authority Stars
  • Scrapped plans for Soren and Titania to offer contrasting advice like August and Dorias
  • The fact that FEs 6-8 were all themselves inspired by preceding FEs: 6&7 on 1&3, and 8 on 2.

I think that might be it, I could have forgotten a few.

Not to say that Jugdral did everything here better than Tellius or vice versa. Nor to call Tellius an uninspired carbon copy of Jugdral, that isn't the case either. Laguz to say the very least don't exist in Jugdral.

The personalities and characters of Deirdre and the character of Micaiah are quite different though. And proof of what I just said of Tellius not being a direct copy of Jugdral. It's inspiration, not imitation.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I am absolutely not doing anything. This is weird.

Strangely, I can quote you here just fine. As I can the "It's a very unique pairing".

However, your earlier post beginning with "From a romantic standpoint..." I cannot quote the final line of, can I use the quote button. Nor can I can do the same with the "False!" post (I can't copy anything past the first sentence. It's a little like Jedah's invincibility.? (Pretend it's blue.)

On MarthxNyna, whilst Marth's sorrows for Caeda would be significant, the relationship with Nyna would probably be functional than HardinxNyna. And Gharnef might not have been able to corrupt Marth as with Hardin. So FE3 Hardin would now have to be the rebel and Marth the king if Gharnef wanted to try world conquest round 2. Assuming Hardin was still corruptible.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Strangely, I can quote you here just fine. As I can the "It's a very unique pairing".

However, your earlier post beginning with "From a romantic standpoint..." I cannot quote the final line of, can I use the quote button. Nor can I can do the same with the "False!" post (I can't copy anything past the first sentence. It's a little like Jedah's invincibility.? (Pretend it's blue.)

On MarthxNyna, whilst Marth's sorrows for Caeda would be significant, the relationship with Nyna would probably be functional than HardinxNyna. And Gharnef might not have been able to corrupt Marth as with Hardin. So FE3 Hardin would now have to be the rebel and Marth the king if Gharnef wanted to try world conquest round 2. Assuming Hardin was still corruptible.

Is there something wrong with my posts? I oughta bring this up with a mod. 

Oh definitely. Marth/Nyna would definitely be more stable since Marth and Nyna can maintain a friendship and be strong for their people, and there would be no secrecy between them unlike with Hardin, who Nyna had to pretend to love. 

I think if Nyna married Marth, Hardin would still get corrupted, but he would certainly not have the same amount of power or resources to get Gharnef the four maidens. If anything, Marth and Nyna would bring about a form of unity that would quell almost any rebellion. 

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I'm supportive of the decision to only allow couples who are married at the start or in the middle of games. Getting married in the epilogue doesn't count, but I don't know if Marth was married between FE1 and FE3 or whether he was still technically a bachelor at the end of his saga. I actually can't remember if Clive and Mathilda was already married either or whether they were just planning to get hitched.

Probably go Bartre for level 1 autobattle shenanigans.

why doesn't it count?