January Mythic Hero: Lif: Lethal Swordsman

Zeo

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yay, they finally ripped the band-aid off.

...But they also just had to sneak F!Byleth and Hilda in there to tempt me. Ugh, decisions.

chances are HIlda will be on a heroes with "Solo" skills. and Bylass....
well. heroes w/Fury? Wrath? (two person banner with Ruptured sky?)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Who would be the best recipient of DC+time pulse 3? I'm thinking Edelgard or Fir. 

Time's Pulse is best in slot for every infantry unit in the game that isn't support-oriented, so pick the best enemy-phase infantry unit you can think of.

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

chances are HIlda will be on a heroes with "Solo" skills. and Bylass....
well. heroes w/Fury? Wrath? (two person banner with Ruptured sky?)

Perhaps, but there's also a chance here for Distant Counter on both reds and greens. That, and I would kinda like a Yune with better IVs and/or merges for her.

Edited by Tybrosion

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Who would be the best recipient of DC+time pulse 3? I'm thinking Edelgard or Fir. 

Hmmmm.

Larcei/Mareeta (regular) can tank damage decently enough.  Fallen Mareeta can take it as an option, but I like her default A skill (C skill on top of her default A skill is nuts).  If you really want to be silly. . .Seliph.

56 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The man that introduced metal into Fire Emblem music is here at last!

Wrong, a game, that garnered first-week sales so low in Japan that TMS#FE Encore edition sold 19-20 times it, did that.:

Or maybe this isn't metal, I'm not familiar with the genre, I just felt like adding a little levity to the topic.

He is okay I guess. He can sacrifice himself to setup Desperation, but that is about it. If they tweaked the recoil to be 30 HP, or ideally 40, I think it would make him far more useful so he can set up Wings of Mercy more reliably.

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

IS ...

What are you doing with the seasonal units 😐

Why not run Bride Sigrun instead of female Byleth if you're going to put in Picnic Lukas?

That might be due to them moving a lot of Special Heroes to those Double Special Heroes Foci.

21 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

And of course his kit is busted. 😄

I'll be making a run for him. Perhaps also take a shot at Green since I didn't get Hilda before.

He is okay. He gets a lot of stats for sure, but since Open the Future is based on Def, he might not do so well against Alm: Saint King depending on how fast Líf can get.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That too. I am just not as good in making a defensive team that will find a good use of the 20 damage. lol

Celica will rip a new hole in anyone's butt with Brazen Atk/Spd 10. I think just about any traditional Desperation nuke will do well.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

I am a little iffy on Edelgard, especially for Aether Raids. Mages and staff users are everywhere to knock her down a peg due to her crappy Res, although double Eirs can fix that issue. The only archers I see are Brave Heroes Lyn and Alm: Saint King; Distant Counter can help with the former if you also run Null C-Disrupt, but SK!Alm is just going to shit on anyone with high Def and low Spd.

I think Fir is okay, just keep her away from shit like Ophelia. I think she can take on Ophelia with support, but she will have too little health left to tank anyone else.

41 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Hello there, alternate me that has Sue!  My luck with mythics is awful beyond belief, so even if Yune isn't my favorite character in all of FE, I'll be happy if I get her.

Same. I'd be happy with any mythic in my roster. I want that Mythic to be Altina, so I'm wondering if I should save up my meager orb stash for her or try my luck this time?

I don't like my luck though.

Maybe we can match some more and both get lucky by getting Yune this time around. Good luck eclipse!

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

Same. I'd be happy with any mythic in my roster. I want that Mythic to be Altina, so I'm wondering if I should save up my meager orb stash for her or try my luck this time?

I don't like my luck though.

Maybe we can match some more and both get lucky by getting Yune this time around. Good luck eclipse!

If your heart's set on Altina, save!  But if you want any mythic, looks like you'll have to snipe red/green this time.  Good luck to you too!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lif, Eliwood, and Loki, you really gonna do this to me FEH. Even Beresu's ok, so Red's looking good. Caineghis, though...ick. Also, is there anywhere I can get that background music? I want it. For many things.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wrong, a game, that garnered first-week sales so low in Japan that TMS#FE Encore edition sold 19-20 times it, did that.:

Or maybe this isn't metal, I'm not familiar with the genre, I just felt like adding a little levity to the topic.

It's a shame STEAM did so badly, it's a shockingly fun game(almost think FE + steampunk), and the reduced range the FE characters have gives it a fun challenge - the team pictured here would pretty much have to hardcore rely on Ragnell and Nidhogg, Marth in particular is entirely Melee in an over-the-shoulder third-person-shooter game, which makes him an extra-special challenge, though his immunity to Overwatch Attacks means he's still really useful in baiting enemies. The main issue I have with STEAM is the same problem I have with Fates, my Roy Amiibo is useless for it.

Edited by SoulWeaver

It's still bugs me that for whatever reason, Ike's eyes are green in that image even though they're blue in any other Codename STEAM thing of him. I'm pretty certain anyway. It's just the dumbest weirdest error imo. IS knows their own characters, how could they mess up Ike's eye color in something? STEAM is a fun game though, shame it did badly.

EDIT: Yep, see, Ike's eyes are correct here.

Spoiler

97ac840a9aa2d9b6a6eedb896edee17124da5c33

To go back on topic, I always found it interesting that Lif was not voiced by Ray Chase who normally voices Alfonse, since...well, Lif is an alternate Alfonse. But I guess Ray Chase voicing him might've given the spoiler away.

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

He is okay. He gets a lot of stats for sure, but since Open the Future is based on Def, he might not do so well against Alm: Saint King depending on how fast Líf can get.

Lif doesn't need to be fast if he can just kill Alm in a single hit.

Enemy Lif has 37 Atk and 34 Def at level 40, which results in 79 effective Atk on his first counterattack before accounting for buffs, merges, Sacred Seal, etc. Legendary Alm has 74 physical bulk when fully merged when not running a Def-boosting passive A skill or Sacred Seal, going up to 84 with two Mythic Heroes during Earth season.

As long as you can avoid getting hit with an Atk penalty, you should be able to reliably one-hit kill non-Steady-Impact Alm as long as you're running a few buffs of your own.

However, since Lif is an Anima Mythic Hero, you probably won't be using him much in Aether Raids offense in the first place outside of weeks where he's a bonus Hero, in which case he'll get an additional +6 effective Atk to his first counterattack from the bonus stats.

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Celica will rip a new hole in anyone's butt with Brazen Atk/Spd 10. I think just about any traditional Desperation nuke will do well.

Defense team Lif is a good choice for running Hardy Bearing (if you're not using Ophelia) since his entire shtick is getting in the counterattack to land his Special.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

However, since Lif is an Anima Mythic Hero, you probably won't be using him much in Aether Raids offense in the first place outside of weeks where he's a bonus Hero, in which case he'll get an additional +6 effective Atk to his first counterattack from the bonus stats.

But you won't score well with him even if he's the bonus unit because he can't get the blessing or bless others. 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

But you won't score well with him even if he's the bonus unit because he can't get the blessing or bless others. 

Running 2 Mythic Heroes + 3 blessed units with no bonus unit gives you the same number of points as running 2 Mythic Heroes + 2 blessed units + 1 unblessed bonus unit.

Some team compositions can't really fit in a dead-weight bonus unit, so having him sub in when he's in rotation won't cost you any points.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lif doesn't need to be fast if he can just kill Alm in a single hit.

Enemy Lif has 37 Atk and 34 Def at level 40, which results in 79 effective Atk on his first counterattack before accounting for buffs, merges, Sacred Seal, etc. Legendary Alm has 74 physical bulk when fully merged when not running a Def-boosting passive A skill or Sacred Seal, going up to 84 with two Mythic Heroes during Earth season.

As long as you can avoid getting hit with an Atk penalty, you should be able to reliably one-hit kill non-Steady-Impact Alm as long as you're running a few buffs of your own.

I guess that is pretty good, and he heals back all the damage too.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I guess that is pretty good, and he heals back all the damage too.

And I just realized I forgot to account for Sokkvabekkr's +4 stat boost for Open the Future's damage, so that's actually 81 effective Atk on his first counterattack.

If I get Lif from a free pull, cool. If not, oh well. The real winners for me here are the colorless, and the greens. As far as colorless goes, I don't have Lif or Loki, and Caineghis merges are always good (mine is at +5). As for green, merges for Yune and Hilda are great, either that or fodder, and I still don't have Hector.

It's not the worst I guess but it doesn't excite me.

Red: Lif is less boring than I had expected but he's not really in a niche I need to fill. If I get him I guess he replaces Legendary Ike for general use. Don't have Eliwood but I'm the sort of player who's too lazy to juggle Atk values to make proper use of him - I might be building a regular Eliwood in the not-too-distant future though. Byleth is whatever, I got her on her launch banner but haven't used her at all since hitting 40. If I do ever pull for Lif it'll be when there are more useful units alongside him.

Blue: No. Ephraim at +4 and Lucina at +1 are plenty usable already and I'm not going to invest in these ageing units any further. Lukas would just be clutter. If I wanted blue I'd wait for next month.

Green: Again, no. I'm content with Hector at +1 and if I wanted DC fodder I'd go for someone with a more flexible second skill than VF. My one Yune just sits passively in my auto-loss defense team purely to reduce lift loss and I have no reason to ever actively use her. Freikugel's description gives me a headache so I'm also passing on Hilda.

Grey: I was really hoping for one of CYL Camilla or Dancer Nephenee to be here, whereupon I'd have happily spent hundreds of orbs just sniping at grey. This set is a whole lot more situational. The reason I was really keen on sniping grey in the first place was to improve on my +1 Res-boon Leif, and that still holds. Caineghis I'd take one copy of because my only copy currently is +Res -Atk. Loki though just puts a sour note on the entire thing. Thokk is theoretically interesting but I doubt I could get it to work very often with just one copy of Loki with a random nature. And visually she just hurts my eyes.

I think the plan is probably going to be to snipe grey with red as the fallback, hoping for Leifs, but the moment I get one of either Caineghis or Loki I'm out because while I'd tolerate one copy of either, a second would be disastrous.

EDIT: I will, of course, wait for the FEH Channel first in case something more appealing is available during the anniversary event.

Edited by Humanoid

YEEEEEEEEAH! FINALLY! I hope I get a +def one! >w< That'll really help out his special! Just off of the skills, he looks to be something of a bulky infantry fighter, which is my preferred unit type (that and just beasts and dragons in general.) His chibi in Sharena's "Meet the Heroes" thing is so cute, too!

So, heroes I want from this banner: L!Ephraim, L!Hector, M!Lif, Hilda

Heroes I'd like from this banner: Above + Hilda, Cainighis, and Picnic Lukas

Heroes I'm okay with on this banner: L!Leif, L!Lucina, F!Byleth, L!Eliwood

Heroes I don't actually want from this banner: Loki and M!Yune

Top priority: Lif, despite Eliwood and Byleth being the other options. I'd rather have a chance at pulling other reds, but like heck I'm missing out on the chance to summon Lif. Book 3 was my favorite book so far, followed by book 2, then book 1.

Edited by Mercakete

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

If your heart's set on Altina, save!  But if you want any mythic, looks like you'll have to snipe red/green this time.  Good luck to you too!

I mainly play this game to collect my favorite characters, so I think I'll do just that.

I may try to spend a little on Yune though. I just like Tellius mythics. But Altina is la creme de la creme.

I might do the first full circle since I'm saving for Alm and Celica merges. 

• Red: Don't have any of the units, since I killed Byleth for Fury. Don't need any of them either, not even Lif since my defense works just fine. 
  • Green: Having a Yune would be nice (but not necessary) and Hector could get rid of his DEF bane finally. Nothing dearly needed, just like Hilda. 
  • Blue: No interest in Lukas or merges for Lucina, but getting Ephraim would be nice.
  • Colorless: Leif merges would be more than welcome, also more C duel fodder. No interest in Caineghis though. 

i'm just trying to think what other banner would Bylass be on. 

I already have a Mufasa in storage and I don't care about him that much that i'd feel sad giving up my +atk/-spd if i need to (but i don't think i need to).  the only other unit i'd think about giving DD4 to would be Tethys as a mage tank dancer. I like loki but don't need her since i don't use Duel Skills (since Norne is high enough BST w/o it and I think Kronya too). 

I'd rather try for a Kliff (or spend orbs on trying to get merges for Elincia) or going for TMS units to be honest. Leif willl always come back and i have to put a huge chunk of my orbs in CYL Lockdown. 

Red is awesome, I need Eliwood merges since I run him in Arena, Byleth merges as I like her as a unit and a character ideally a +Spd or +Res nature. And Lif is new and a good for tanking and activating Desperation vantage brazen WoM escape route. 

Blue is a skip

Green is good, but I am not sure I will be pulling. 

Colourless, is good but that loki is disappointing in 2020 but I am not sure if I will be bulling there too. 

So mostly red as I like all units. 

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

i'm just trying to think what other banner would Bylass be on. 

Heroes with Draconic Aura. Heroes with Fury. Heroes with Wrath. Heroes with Wave Skills. A Three Houses Bound Hero Battle banner. A Three Houses Tempest Trial. A teachers vs. students Voting Gauntlet.