New Heroes: Journey Begins

Othin

Just now, Zeo said:

Thanks for the clarification. That's actually pretty bad then imo. Probably wouldn't summon for that. Interactions with Special Spiral would be interesting, but not spend orbs on exclusive fodder interesting.

I think it's still good and a pick your weapon for the situation sort of deal. Well, if picking weapons were easier in the game with new, inheritable weapons assuming they exist. Barrier Axe when? Anyway, it's a choice between do you want Def/Res+6 against only ranged foes on enemy phase with Guard Bow or do you want effectively Atk/Def/Res+7 against all foes and on both phases at the cost of special cooldown charge +2 with Spendthrift Bow?

I mentioned Norne who has good mixed bulk and the attack from Spendthrift Bow means she can probably invest into speed more to insure she doubles or avoids at many doubles as possible while Spendthrift Bow gives her attack, defense, and resistance. It wasn't until LordFrigid mentioned it, but if she is able to get one round specials off consistently, then she might be fine.

Alternatively, you could attack stack with another archer, but the only two who really come to mind are Jamke and Leon. Except for Valentine's Faye, the other +36 base neutral attack archers like legendary Alm, legendary Chrom, Igrene, and legendary Leif already have personal weapons that are destructive to say the least. The other archers are fast that running fast Brave Bow builds or Firesweep Bow might be better or they're Valentine's Roy who is a cavalry. Jamke and Leon aren't as fast, but they have high attack. Problem is their resistance is low even with the boost from Spendthrift and Leon is going to end up with a personal bow in the near future and Jamke later. Except for Valentine's Faye again and Halloween Jakob, the other high attack archers don't have as great of mixed bulk as Norne. Soiree Nephenee comes close, but she's a dancer and you could go with a simpler Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow bride Cordelia, but with better bulk build.

Against ranged units or mages specifically, Jeorge might be better as while his base attack is lower at 32 base neutral to Jamke's 36 base and Leon's 34 base neutral, unique refined Parthia's 14 Mt closes the gap and its unique refinement grants Atk+6 to Jeorge when he's fighting any ranged unit while its upgraded base effect reduces damage from mages by 30% which isn't as universal as Atk-7 against any foe, but still a good chunk of damage reduced. With Spendthrift Bow and in combat, Jamke would have 55 Atk and 36/24 defenses while +Atk Leon would have 56 Atk and 37/22 defenses. +Atk Jeorge with unique refined Parthia would have 49 Atk against melee units or 55 Atk against ranged units and his defenses stay the same at 24/22.

Had Tanya not been screwed over by their drop a new unit into the summoning pool as 3* to 4* summons, but give them a generation 3 BST, she probably would have been another good candidate for Spendthrift Bow considering she's like a gen 3 version of Rebecca, Setsuna with defenses, and Norne with lower attack and defense.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

So a support between those 2 would be moot and actually a detriment because you are limiting Liliths movement.

I think the point is to diversify a player's Dancer/Singer options to include non-Dancers/Singers.

With Dancer/Singer use being restricted on certain maps, Player Phase players need to think of ways to simulate Dancers/Singers with other units.

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Thanks for the clarification. That's actually pretty bad then imo. Probably wouldn't summon for that. Interactions with Special Spiral would be interesting, but not spend orbs on exclusive fodder interesting.

It is bad, but I do not think it is that bad. If the player is timing their Specials properly, the Special cooldown reduction does not really affect the unit that much.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Interesting that we have two units with Close Foil. I am still skipping the banner, but good luck for anyone that will pull or it. At least we will get tickets.

but also.. yay! Iago!!!

Actually, only Midori has Close Foil that basically lets her counterattack against swords, lances, axes and beasts. Rinkah's skill is called Distant Foil and lets her counterattack against bows and daggers.

Edited by NSSKG151

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Actually, only Midori has Close Foil that basically lets her counterattack against swords, lances, axes and beasts. Rinkah's skill is called Distant Foil and lets her counterattack against bows and daggers.

Oh, you are right! Thanks! 

9 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, Close/Distant Foil is basically a better version of the regular Close/Distant Counter skills? Do I understand that right?

Not exactly. Close Foil doesn't work against Dragons, and Distant Foil doesn't work against Tomes and Staffs.

However, both Close and Distant Foil grant the Atk/Def +5 bonus against all physical attacks (including two-range for CF and one-range for DF).

24 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, Close/Distant Foil is basically a better version of the regular Close/Distant Counter skills? Do I understand that right?

For Close Counter maybe. Close Counter allows a ranged unit to counter against all melee units, but gives no in combat stat boosts. Close Foil grants Atk/Def+5, but only allows the ranged unit to counter against melee physical units: axes, beasts, lances, and swords, and also works against bows and daggers for the Sturdy Stance 2.5 effect. Not working against dragons might not be a big deal and Atk/Def+5 would be half useful against healers and mages. I guess the closest thing is Boey with his unique refined Inscribed Tome's effects of -raven and Close Counter against only melee physical units. Would have been nice if it worked on dragons as well, but -raven, almost Close Counter, and whatever A passive like allows Boey to focus solely on the units he needs to deal with. Close Ward in the future would be useful for pure mage tanking with the added bonus of working against dragons which considering we have inheritable anti-dragon daggers, could be pretty good. Cue Gaius somehow ending up with effective damage against dragons for his new personal dagger. Yes, lollipops, the most feared of all weapons to dragonkind. Considering most of the dragons are kids... maybe true. They'll get distracted by candy and lose.

For Distant Counter, it depends. Distant Counter allows a melee unit to counter against all ranged units, but gives no in combat stat boosts. Distant Foil grants Atk/Def+5, but only allows the melee unit to counter against bows and daggers and also works against melee physical units for the Sturdy Stance 2.5 effect. That's half coverage for ranged units and half coverage for ranged units with some sort of inheritable Firesweep effect; archers, but not healers. Distant Ward grants Atk/Res+5, but only allows the melee unit to counter against healers and mages and also works on dragons for the Mirror Stance 2.5 effect. Once again, half coverage for ranged units and half coverage for ranged units with some sort of inheritable Firesweep effect, but worse coverage for melee units. Both archers and mages have destructive nukes and in general, ranged units can be annoying one way or another. So, it's up to you if you want full coverage of these pesky projectile slingers or you have half coverage, but gain stat boosts in combat against the half and some melee units.

Edit: It just dawned on me that Close Ward could be a thing in the future and Boey might want to run that to have a complete Close Counter while also having Atk/Res+5 against dragons, healers, and mages.

Edited by Kaden

The banner itself seems ok, nothing too crazy. 

Midori's weapon is really some form of high risk, high reward. I can see it pairing well with Moonbow/Glimmer on it's own and higher CD specials with a combination of Special Spiral/B!Lucina support. Still a little too restrictive, imo. Close Foil is almost a better Close Counter, the only thing it doesn't cover are dragons and those can be taken care of by other means (unless you want this for Arena and are facing nothing but 180 BST +10 armored dragons). 

Rinkah is pretty good. Her weapon is like a Steady Stance 2.5 ish combined with Missiletainn's effect. It is a nice combo but what I learned from the (admittedly few) times I used Owain is that half a Breath effect isn't really all that great in the grand scheme of things. At least the Slaying effect makes up for it so she'll rock with her native Bonfire. Distant foil is eh, it covers half of the ranged foes (or 2/3rds if you consider staves uncounterable outside of NCU). Ranged units thrive by using overlapping ranges and attacking both Def and Res so DC still wins in my eyes. 

Forrest sucks. Next.

Lilith is interesting. Having full teleportation abilities can certainly come in handy to pull of tons of interesting strats, but it's not OP by any means. For starters, this is only for the player due to the Ally Support conditions so no defense teams shenanigans allowed. Second, because Lilith is a dragon she can't use Galeforce, so no Mampfoid's teleporting GF shenanigans for her. Joint Drive Atk is nice, really nice but it's just a +1 over Drive Atk 2 if you're using it on a support unit so eh, not that enticing. 

Iago's the new GHB? Haaah, how annoying having to keep one copy of this guy for the inevitable re-run orbs. I hope he has at least 1 useful fodder skill, otherwise he's going to become feathers even if he ends with a busted statline or busted Prf or whatever, and same goes for his best buddy Hans. I don't use characters I hate and I have no qualms getting rid of them. 

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Edit: It just dawned on me that Close Ward could be a thing in the future and Boey might want to run that to have a complete Close Counter while also having Atk/Res+5 against dragons, healers, and mages.

Also, Julia is in the opposite situation compared to Boey, so she can put Close Foil to use immediately. Her Def is godawful though, so I am not sure Close Foil would even be sufficient. Boey's low Res is less of an issue with Eir on the team. Naga is pretty crap as a support unit though, and Julia already got dragon Effectiveness Weapon too, so I guess we will have to wait for a Def Light Mythic.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Forrest sucks. Next.

We do not know that. It is possible that he has godly stats. His skill kit is not great, but it provides free players and low spenders something new to play with. They are not the most relevant meta skills, but it is something. From that perspective, his skill kit is pretty okay. Just transfer his skill kit to Wrys, and a player will have a budget debuffer option.

Forrest is one of my favorites, and I might even +10 him. He’s so cute!

I don’t like iago at all... dreading fighting him.

I also don’t like Rinkah’s art/artist. I was hoping they wouldn’t be brought back lol.

Midori looks so cute and I’m shocked her time is inheritable! Lilith is nice too.

i think I’ll free pull(s) red/blue and dip. Not going to spend orbs on this one—baby banner calls!

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is possible that he has godly stats.

39 HP, 32 Atk, 26 Spd, 19 Def, and 35 Res. He has 40 total Atk from Panic+'s 11 Mt and Fortress Res 3's Atk-2; 32 + 11 - 3 = 40. And 40 total Res from Fortress Res 3's Res+5. You can see his stats during the FEH channel: https://youtu.be/bdCU1M-Kefs?t=638. And someone has cropped it. Forrest is essentially a +Atk, -Spd Priscilla or spring Bruno with flipped defenses. Or if Valentine's Silque dumped her defense for a attack, speed, and resistance.

Spoiler

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

Should I keep hot abs babe, or should I give her distant foil to Brave Ike? There lies the question

oh god, you just gave me one reason to spend orbs in this banner

anyway, unless i go crazy, this is most likely a skip for me, i have less than zero attachment to all of these characters
also i love how they have literally zero connections with each other, as this banner is basically a Fates-only Farfetched Heroes banner, but since they said it's a Revelation banner, where you can recruit basically everyone, magically it all should make sense except it doesn't

Edited by Yexin

Ah yes, Lilith's weapon, "Nothing Personnel+".

Might go for her. I love Wings of Mercy and Escape Route though I rarely get to use them, so this seems like it'd be the character for me if her stats are any good.

Well, the types are as expected, let's look at the skills- 

Wait, Lillith flies?

Midori has a Spendthrift Bow (Gvives +/-7 Atk to herself and foe but adds +2 to her cooldown after combat), Rally Atk/Def+, Close Foil (Counters Physical damage and gives Atk/Def +5) and Chill Atk 3 (So high Def and maybe low Atk?). Rinkah has her club (-1 CD, If for initiates or she has >100% HP she gets +5 Atk/Def and +1 CD per enemy attack), Bonfire, Distant Foil (Physical version of Distant Ward and.... oh boy that's kinda bad), Wrath 3 and Even Def Wave 3. Forrest is utterly shafted and comes with Panic+, Physic+, Heavenly Light, Fortress Res and Res Ploy. Lillith is flying apparently and comes with Astral Breath (Spd +3, can teleport to support partner at all times (!), if in 3 spaces of support partner gets +5 to all stats and adaptive damage.), Reposition, Atk/Spd Bond 3, Def/Res Link 3 and Joint Drive Atk (Grants Atk +4 to allies in 2 spaces and gets +4 Atk in combat if ally in 2 spaces), SO. Why is Lillith this good? Are they readying us for the inevitable rage I'll feel when Anankos shows up?

Finally, we get Iago as the GHB. I have waited for years to support him with Jaffar. He might have a PRF too. Anyways, stats will determine if I go for this banner. Pantless Marth is next after all.

Oh gods.....Iago in Heroes. IS certainly likes putting him into crossovers despite being almost universally reviled. 

Its strange Lilith ended up as the best unit despite not even being a real character. You'd think IS would go spoil Midori or Forrest.....well, not Forrest since he's male. 

Forrest is still the king of the banner even if he's a lame demote male. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Lilith has "use me with Male Corrin" written all over her face. Honestly,  she is ok-ish. She is useless in AI hands, though.

I am happy for Iago inclusion. He is a villain that I love to hate. I hope he has a prf tome, and a good one.

Midori, meh, the bow is certainly the most exciting thing.

Close foil is probably the least niche of these skill lines. Close ward will only be able to counter dragons and no other melee’s.  I can see Jeorge liking this skill, bolstering his physical matchups whilst keeping a great matchup vs mages and staves because of Parthia. He loses out on dragons though so he loses the option to counter Sothis and Duma is AR O. I prefer the regular counter skills, but Close foil at least can see some use. 

Rinkah: Nice for whales, complete dud otherwise. She’s going to have low res and that will bite her. Extremely underwhelming kit IMO. Art is nice, though bandages don’t work that way.

Distant foil, besides niche units, is a dud imo.

Forrest: One of the biggest winners of this banner for AR players. Fort Res is finally in the 4 star pool and in 3 star soon. This makes it so much easier to build support units to be able to soak chill skills and shrines. It was on a grail unit before, but this is even better. The unit itself is whatever, but the f2p players can be very happy with this.

Lilith can do some crazy things with Leila or M!Corrin or Mathilda/Clive. She can gain an absurd amount of stats when paired well and invested in. 

Then she till gets OHKO’d because she’s a flying blue dragon. Thrasir laughs and almost every dark defense has a cloud maiougi or Julia or something. And if they don’t Bramimond is there to shit on her drive buffs and proceeds to kill her anyway. Great bait, though I am looking forward to the T4 drive skills.

Banner opinion: Huge bait, some noteworthy skills, midori bow is best thing here. Great banner for people that like these characters, the art is great (besides bandages) and they are all new additions, so this banner gets a huge thumbs up from me. I like it a lot, and am going to skip.