April Legendary Hero Speculation: NOW Will we get the Flying Healer Legendary?

daisy jane

I'd very much prefer a green Legendary in April, which is the only colour I'd possibly roll on (and even then it's iffy given the likelihood of a Golden Week Hero Fest), and reserve the grey slot for May to make for a godly grey lineup that month. Obviously the odds of a hat-trick of new grey units on these banners is vanishingly small.

As for Tyrfing, the only niche I see would be to have it on a flying unit. There's room for a slower enemy phase flying sword I think. Otherwise I'd rather both father and son use something else.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now that seasonals on legendary banners are seemingly a thing of the past unless you are Picnic Lukas, the predictions should be more zoned in than ever. I do wonder who will fill up green: the already ran on a separate banner Nagi or Osain? Or might we get a book 2/3 unit? Maybe even Annette?!?

6 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Well, now that seasonals on legendary banners are seemingly a thing of the past unless you are Picnic Lukas, the predictions should be more zoned in than ever. I do wonder who will fill up green: the already ran on a separate banner Nagi or Osain? Or might we get a book 2/3 unit? Maybe even Annette?!?

Osian hasn't been rerun on any banner yet and even though Nagi has been rerun twice on normal banners I still think it might be possible they might throw her on the legendary banner since she has good fodder anyways even if you are not interested in the unit (Distant Counter, Special Fighter, even Dragon Valor).

Of course, I'm still predicting green's lineup is going to be L!Celica, Osian, New Legendary Hero (specifically Edelgard or Xander with an axe).

24 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Osian hasn't been rerun on any banner yet and even though Nagi has been rerun twice on normal banners I still think it might be possible they might throw her on the legendary banner since she has good fodder anyways even if you are not interested in the unit (Distant Counter, Special Fighter, even Dragon Valor).

Of course, I'm still predicting green's lineup is going to be L!Celica, Osian, New Legendary Hero (specifically Edelgard or Xander with an axe).

Osian was just on the Even Wave banner.

I wonder when they will be starting to kick out some Legendary Heroes of those banners. Some are very lackluster with the current powercreep and some were even lackluster pre powercreep. Unless they give them a refine soon those are the legendary heroes i see are lackluster:

In desperate need:
F!Grima
Legendary Lyn

Still okeish have their niche, but are close to falling off:
Ryoma
Ike
Hector
Gunnthra
Marth
Roy

Still good:
Ephraim
Tiki
Hrid
Eirika
Lucina

With the current powercreep, its really high time they start the Distant counter weapons, Legendary refine, gem weapons refine, Bladetome and Raventomes refine. Still on the fence on Brave weapons, but they have fallen of the cliff somewhat. Good Brave damage with potential of quading should be exclusiv to units released.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

With the current powercreep, its really high time they start the Distant counter weapons, Legendary refine, gem weapons refine, Bladetome and Raventomes refine. Still on the fence on Brave weapons, but they have fallen of the cliff somewhat. Good Brave damage with potential of quading should be exclusiv to units released.

I would Refine Blade tomes last. While Brave Weapons can be devastating, they are far easier to deal with than Blade tomes in my opinion. Brave Weapons just are not very threatening for a super tank since they often have high Def/Res and Guard somewhere on their kit. While you can completely neuter Blade tomes with Dull Ranged, Dull Ranged is more niche in my opinion compared to Lull Atk/Spd. Blade tomes are not particularly threatening either against a properly built super tank, but on offense I find Blade tome's high Atk to be more useful for piercing high bulk enemies.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

In desperate need:
Legendary Lyn

I've gotten a huge amount of use from Lyn in most modes, but holy heck yes I think a refine would do her well. She isn't bulky enough to make use of a built-in Close Counter, but maybe something like Null C-Disrupt, Lull Atk/Def, accelerates special trigger, and color advantage over colorless units. With how crazy they've made characters like Brave Ike, and Legendary Alm and Leif, seems reasonable and helpful enough to me.

12 hours ago, Hilda said:

I wonder when they will be starting to kick out some Legendary Heroes of those banners.

Unless they give us another way to rerun them, no. Like seasonal heroes, legendaries and mythics aren't in the regular pool. So if they stop rerunning some, they'd have to make another kind of banner for them or else they'd never show up again and that's surely not something players would like.

I totally would be up for a refine for RD Ike and OG Ike though. Ragnell is starting to feel a bit lackluster at times.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Unless they give us another way to rerun them, no. Like seasonal heroes, legendaries and mythics aren't in the regular pool. So if they stop rerunning some, they'd have to make another kind of banner for them or else they'd never show up again and that's surely not something players would like.

I totally would be up for a refine for RD Ike and OG Ike though. Ragnell is starting to feel a bit lackluster at times.

It would be nice to run 2 Mythic/Legendary Foci simultaneously, with Legendaries on one of them and Mythics in the other. That way, there are more spots to fill and players have more options to choose from.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

It would be nice to run 2 Mythic/Legendary Foci simultaneously, with Legendaries on one of them and Mythics in the other. That way, there are more spots to fill and players have more options to choose from.

Yeah, that could be nice. On the other hand, it might also be a bit of a headache because we could wind up with options we really want from both and that's a lot of orbs. lol But that's a side effect I'd be willing to risk.

With the sheer number of times Grima's been on legendary banners, I'd say she's overdue for a refine.  Thing is, I can't tell what her niche is.  She flies - great.  Innate DC - also great.  But she doesn't feel bulky enough to tank, nor offensive enough to nuke.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Hmm. As some of them get outdated, I think it could be nice to have them rerun a different way at a better rate, like how they moved Book 1 5*s to the better revival banners. Maybe they could take some or all of the Book 2 legendaries and move them to periodic Hero Fests? That'd be the same overall 5* rate, but they'd be easier to snipe for since they're getting a 5% rate, which is almost twice as high as a a third of an 8% rate.

The problem is color balance, though. Of the 13 Book 2 legendary heroes, there's 5 red, 4 blue, 3 green, and 1 colorless. And Hero Fests are always color balanced, so it'd mean rerunning Grima on all of them. There could be ways around that by having some units shared with the regular legendary/mythic banners, but it could get messy.

Or they could just do them in the same style as the weekly revival banners, really. Since those don't have to be color balanced at all - they could just make 5 three-character banners with just two of them showing up twice. Or they could leave Hrid on the regular legendary/mythic banners to make it 12 units they could split perfectly among 4 three-character banners?

I'm not gonna say any of that is likely, I think they're more likely to just give them refines. But it'd be cool if they did.

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

With the sheer number of times Grima's been on legendary banners, I'd say she's overdue for a refine.  Thing is, I can't tell what her niche is.  She flies - great.  Innate DC - also great.  But she doesn't feel bulky enough to tank, nor offensive enough to nuke.

It would also be nice if they can extend "Refinements" to include skills too. If they do not want to buff Distant Counter Weapons yet, plenty of units have exclusive skills that need a bump too. For FV!Robin, Dragonskin really needs Dull All and/or Guard to make her competitive, and something like Atk/Spd+4 on top of that would also be nice.

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hmm. As some of them get outdated, I think it could be nice to have them rerun a different way at a better rate, like how they moved Book 1 5*s to the better revival banners. Maybe they could take some or all of the Book 2 legendaries and move them to periodic Hero Fests? That'd be the same overall 5* rate, but they'd be easier to snipe for since they're getting a 5% rate, which is almost twice as high as a a third of an 8% rate.

The problem is color balance, though. Of the 13 Book 2 legendary heroes, there's 5 red, 4 blue, 3 green, and 1 colorless. And Hero Fests are always color balanced, so it'd mean rerunning Grima on all of them. There could be ways around that by having some units shared with the regular legendary/mythic banners, but it could get messy.

Or they could just do them in the same style as the weekly revival banners, really. Since those don't have to be color balanced at all - they could just make 5 three-character banners with just two of them showing up twice. Or they could leave Hrid on the regular legendary/mythic banners to make it 12 units they could split perfectly among 4 three-character banners?

I'm not gonna say any of that is likely, I think they're more likely to just give them refines. But it'd be cool if they did.

Revival Foci for Legendaries is also a really nice idea. Makes sniping easier.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

It would also be nice if they can extend "Refinements" to include skills too. If they do not want to buff Distant Counter Weapons yet, plenty of units have exclusive skills that need a bump too. For FV!Robin, Dragonskin really needs Dull All and/or Guard to make her competitive, and something like Atk/Spd+4 on top of that would also be nice.

Revival Foci for Legendaries is also a really nice idea. Makes sniping easier.

The skill "refinement" is a very nice Idea. There are some personal skills that are nowadays very underhwelming due to new skills and could use a touch up.
Dragon Skin is one of them. If the personal skill is outdated and doesnt go hand in hand with a refine its kinda bad.

Sigurds personal skill could be still very good if he would get a Brave Ike like refine on his main weapon.
On the Other hand Arvis personal skill is fairly outdate when you have skills like Mystic boost (granted it only heals when Arvis engages in combat, but on the other hand it gives him the bonus of tackling dragons)

I dont know what IS are gonna do, IF they are gonna do anything, i just know that Legendary/Mythic banners are loosing its value for me and i am very histant to pull when a new Mythic/Legendary is running together with some old stuff. Best example was Bramimonds banner.  F!Grima really killed that one for me and devalued it for me.

Looking into the future welp:
April: If the Legendary is Colorless and runs alongside a shitty 3. unit i will pass up again, Green and Blue could be ok, but it depends on the 3. unit. Red is out I have all 3 at +10
May: Red is out again because i have the other 2 at +10, Blue is out because Ephraim is at +10 and while Lucina is +6, the cost value isnt there much, Colorless is out too, both at +10 and Green might be out to, depending I have enough Distant counter fodder.
June: Red could be good, depending who runs there, Blue is a mixed bag, Azura kills it a bit because +10 but Peony and Chrom could be nice, Green is definitly dead no matter what you add, Colorless too
July: Red could be awesome, but Ike kills it for me, Blue is dead like Fjorm seriously... and Tiki doesnt offer much fodder, Green have to see could be decent (although Thrasir is +10), Colorless could be nice.
August: Green is so far dead (Gunnthra), the others could be decent.

I dont know, the more +10 Leg heroes you have the less value those Banners have. And the old Legendary also lost value because while their blessing Stat boost is nice, its kinda irrelevant: Doesnt up the stats on Mythics in AR, the stat boost is barely needed in anything, and For Arena the new Pair-up Legendaries offer higher scoring with their blessing. That makes the old Mythics very unattractiv.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

Sigurds personal skill could be still very good if he would get a Brave Ike like refine on his main weapon.
On the Other hand Arvis personal skill is fairly outdate when you have skills like Mystic boost (granted it only heals when Arvis engages in combat, but on the other hand it gives him the bonus of tackling dragons)

Yeah. Crusader's Ward is good, it just feels a underwhelming when put into practice since it often means Sigurd cannot run Distant Counter if he wants to take advantage of the damage mitigation effectively. Giving the enemy Desperation would fix that issue so he can run Distant Counter. It would also be nice if the damage mitigation applies to area Specials too so he can better handle Ophelia.

For Arvis, Recover Ring needs to be really strong in terms of healing to be worth it in my opinion. I would do something like:
Grants HP+10. At start of turn, restores HP to 100%.

HP+10 allows him to be better take advantage of Reciprocal Aid if the player wants to turn him into a healer, and 43 HP is not exactly high either, so you still need to combo it with HP+5s in both A and Sacred Seal slots to heal high bulk units. Restoring HP fully makes it more faithful to the game, and having HP completely topped up at the start of every round is not that game breaking either when we consider that most units in the game are designed to kill things in one round of combat.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

For Arvis, Recover Ring needs to be really strong in terms of healing to be worth it in my opinion. I would do something like:
Grants HP+10. At start of turn, restores HP to 100%.

yeah i dont want a broken/op skill. What you are asking is a bit much for Recover Ring. I would be happy if it had the effect it has now + the Mystic Boost effect. Or a 2 range AoE heal every turn for 10 HP (Team utility).

9 minutes ago, Hilda said:

yeah i dont want a broken/op skill. What you are asking is a bit much for Recover Ring. I would be happy if it had the effect it has now + the Mystic Boost effect. Or a 2 range AoE heal every turn for 10 HP (Team utility).

Recovering full HP at the start of turn is not that that overpowered though since combat in Heroes is geared towards one round kills. The only units who can really afford to drag out a fight are super tanks, and even they want to end battles in one round of combat as much as possible. Since Recover Ring takes up the B slot, there is already a massive opportunity cost to running Recover Ring over something much more valuable like Lull Atk/Spd, Quick Riposte, Desperation, or whatever other strong combat skills.

Edited by XRay

52 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I want Seliph tbh but what would he use aside from a sword?

Baldr isn't his only bloodline. He could wield a tome or staff from his mom's side. When people pointed that out, I got a little excited for it. He'd make a fun staff legendary. Do we have a cav staff legendary yet?