Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Classic villain line right there. Does he actually try to make good on his threat to "get you next time"?

Yep, he tries in a later chapter.
Keyword "tries". XD

I don't remember which chapter he comes back in, however.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200907_234020.jpg

giphy_1.gif

Very nice!
Here's hoping she doesn't sleep through the wedding. XD

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Ah, today is one of those days...
Where I really don't feel like doing anything except lying around being lazy.
Also known as a "Nep Day" XD

i don't see Pudding anywhere in your post xD

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

If you haven't caught on already, combat is all about using opponents' weaknesses to create an opening. Except when they don't have one. Then you improvise.

By the way, how many cats have you found?

Yeah, I understand that, but his damage output was kinda insane for an earlygame boss.

Umm, i'm not sure?

Ya know,  i've been wanting to play a game lately that makes you go wide eyed upon getting to new places. Dunno how to explain, but i want a classic adventure where it takes time between places, where arriving at a new town/country is a spectacle, where the cast grows closer together....

You know, that kinda classic nostalgic adventure feeling you don't get often anymore.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Y9HSb1l.jpg

Would gladly take a Nep ❤️

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Got a bit confused there. I read Nep as "nap" for some reason.

Nap day sounds good.

It does. But I'm too awake for that.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know,  i've been wanting to play a game lately that makes you go wide eyed upon getting to new places. Dunno how to explain, but i want a classic adventure where it takes time between places, where arriving at a new town/country is a spectacle, where the cast grows closer together....

You know, that kinda classic nostalgic adventure feeling you don't get often anymore.

Not that I don't love the games I've played so far anymore, but the ones that invoked all of those feelings in me at the same time, I can probably count on one or two hands at maximum, and they are mostly Tales games.

Edited by DragonFlames

Not that I don't love the games I've played so far, but the ones that invoked all of those feelings in me at the same time, I can probably count on one or two hands at maximum

Yeah probably same.

I want that wide eyed Oh and Ah feeling xD

and they are mostly Tales games

If only i could enjoy classic Tales gameplay

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah probably same.

I want that wide eyed Oh and Ah feeling xD

When it comes to only that, Okami made me go Oh and Ah quite a lot with its stunningly beautiful environments.
But it doesn't exactly have a cast that grows closer together, since the MC is a goddess that takes the form of a wolf (which makes the game's title a pun, as Okami can both mean "wolf" and "great God" in Japanese) and her traveling companion has the size of a flea. XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If only i could enjoy classic Tales gameplay

Hence my cautious wording, since I am aware of this. XD

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Okami has been a game i've wanted to check out as well, but not for the reasons mentioned xD

I loved it!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlamesSo Atelier Sophie and Firis also have something like the Alchemyriddle from what i read?

Can't say for Firis, since I haven't played that one yet, but Atelier Sophie has something like that, yes. Though in that game, it's presented as Sophie coming up with the recipes instead. It's also a little less cryptic than the Alchemyriddle.
Also
jiUrHUA.jpg
The book in question can talk. And fly.

Edited by DragonFlames

F
considering i found the Alchemyriddle to be a bit on the annoying side of things....

It's also a little less cryptic than the Alchemyriddle

Thank god

xD

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thank god

xD

When it wants you to collect/make a certain number of something, it will tell you that number. And it's only for alchemy recipes, nothing else. No skills are locked behind it, no new gathering areas (though unlocking a certain number of recipes also unlocks new areas). It feels a little more intuitive than it does in Atelier Lulua, admittedly.

@Shrimperor
This is what it looks like when you don't have a recipe unlocked:
Y1Fe62l.jpg

This is what it looks like when a recipe is unlocked, but you haven't synthesized it yet:
2XtvDrN.jpg

And this is what the "main goals" look like. Fulfilling these advances the story:
nXCN6al.jpg
Although you collect memory clues simply by doing alchemy as well. You don't HAVE to do these.

Also, I really want to play this game again.

Edited by DragonFlames