Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, what's the largest roster size in a Warriors game?

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, at 177. Don't know if it's the largest, but it's definitely among the highest ones.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, at 177. Don't know if it's the largest, but it's definitely among the highest ones.

Aight never mind, a Warriors crossover seems more fitting for the hypothetical crossover DragonFlames came up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Does every character have their own version of that song or is it just her and those other two?

 

only these 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If there's this many characters, I think the Smash Bros route would fit it best.

I mean, what's the largest roster size in a Warriors game?

EDIT: Nevermind. Was already told. XD

@Acacia Sgt It is THE largest roster. I think they even got a Guiness World Record for most playable characters in a game for it.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also putting Fei on this list, nice. Poor man almost never gets to see the light of day due to Square Enix locking up Xenogears in the purgatory of forgotten IPs.

I recall that you liked him a lot, so I put him on there.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, "our favorite" indeed. I can't speak for the other series, but Florina in there feels so random, if not for Benice, hahaha.

Yup, I tried to remember everyone's favorites, that's why she's there.
Also, she's there to represent GBA FE.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
only these 2

I see.
That's a bit of a shame for the other characters.

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Xenoblade YTP guy took the best regular battle theme in the Trails series and made it better.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It is THE largest roster. I think they even got a Guiness World Record for most playable characters in a game for it.

Looked in to it. To be specific, it has the record for that in the hack-and-slash genre. There's categories for "largest roster" for other genres as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

 

@Acacia Sgt It is THE largest roster. I think they even got a Guiness World Record for most playable characters in a game for it.

I went to check. WO4U only has the record for largest playable cast in the hack-and-slash genre. There's also a record in action-adventure for Lego DC Super-Villains who has 223 playables, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Welcome home, migraines! I've missed you oh so much. >.>

Get well soon!

50 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Florina (Fire Emblem)

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! We have the best pegasus knight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looked in to it. To be specific, it has the record for that in the hack-and-slash genre. There's categories for "largest roster" for other genres as well.

I see! I just knew that it got a record for most playable characters somewhere. Thanks for the info!

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's also a record in action-adventure for Lego DC Super-Villains who has 223 playables, for example.

What in the WHAT?!?
And I though Warriors Orochi 4's roster was overkill...

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Get well soon!

Thank you!

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! We have the best pegasus knight!

She represents the GBA games, mounts, and lance users.

26 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Saki_(unit).pngBig_Bang_Bell.png

Cutie Nuke

Delthea, Lysithea, Ram, and Saki... the Nuke Quartet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Severa (Fire Emblem)

130?cb=20180612160238

You got the best merc.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and you know what? This movie is nowhere near as bad as people said it was. Not as good as Raiders and Last Crusade but it's definitely better than Temple of Doom.

Rankings, from best to worst: Last Crusade > Raiders of the Lost Ark > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull > Temple of Doom.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's also a record in action-adventure for Lego DC Super-Villains who has 223 playables, for example.

 

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

What in the WHAT?!?
And I though Warriors Orochi 4's roster was overkill...

Nah, this is still nothing. The upcoming Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is set to have 500 playable characters. I see a new Guiness World Record holder incoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

130?cb=20180612160238

You got the best merc.

She'd be an axe wielding hero, actually.
But she's there to represent Fateswakening, mainly. And because she's one of your favorites, of course.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah, this is still nothing. The upcoming Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is set to have 500 playable characters. I see a new Guiness World Record holder incoming.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

500 playable characters

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

500

csClBZO.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

csClBZO.jpg

After unlocking all 500 characters

Unlimited_Power_Banner.jpg

Edited by Armagon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

csClBZO.jpg

Me in math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, in light of the other thread suffering a meltdown, I am going to continue my Dragon Quest marathon here.

Well, today I didn't do much. Placed some more knick-knacks at the Knick-knackatory. However, next bit was doing a bit of grinding. The island with the Knick-knackatory has Muddy Hands, which summon Golems. Good place to grind considering the Knick-knackatory has an inn. I want to get the kids to... around level 20 or so. However, another big goal is get Madason to level 25. Because that's the threshold level to recruit Golems. I definitely want one.

Well, got Madason to the required level. However, I will recruit the Golem and finish the grinding... some other day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished the first part of Masoukishin, and I'm not sure if I really want to continue with the second half. It's all too jarring.

This is partly reasonable, because I can imagine they hadn't a complete idea of what to do with Masaki and Shu during their lonesome original creation during 2nd Super Robot Wars. 3rd Super Robot Wars is acceptable too. These provide fair reasons for the time skip.

But I'd say Super Robot Wars EX is inEXcusable. Super Robot Wars EX should be Masoukishin's second part. I don't feel compelled to continue on, because it reads like everything that would've made for a conclusive and happy ending, happened during EX. Langran went through internal turmoil and returned to peace, the evil god was resurrected and destroyed. It reads like what I'd be playing now is an epilogue, or the unintended season 3 of a show that was originally meant for only 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I finished the first part of Masoukishin, and I'm not sure if I really want to continue with the second half. It's all too jarring.

This is partly reasonable, because I can imagine they hadn't a complete idea of what to do with Masaki and Shu during their lonesome original creation during 2nd Super Robot Wars. 3rd Super Robot Wars is acceptable too. These provide fair reasons for the time skip.

But I'd say Super Robot Wars EX is inEXcusable. Super Robot Wars EX should be Masoukishin's second part. I don't feel compelled to continue on, because it reads like everything that would've made for a conclusive and happy ending, happened during EX. Langran went through internal turmoil and returned to peace, the evil god was resurrected and destroyed. It reads like what I'd be playing now is an epilogue, or the unintended season 3 of a show that was originally meant for only 2.

Then came the other Masoukishin games, so not even Epilogue now. XD

Also, don't forget Masaki and Shu's side trip to Elpis (Hero Senki, Gilliam's game).

I suppose that's what happens when Masoukishin was made after the entire Classicverse. Or more like, wanting to make a second part within the same game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna ask a global question: What is the most obscure video game that you guys have ever played?

For me, it's probably Brave: A Warrior's tale or Nights: ourney of dreams. Both were pretty bad, but Nights was okay.

Nights is a game where you do stuff to collect Ideya. It plays sorta like a bite-sized Super Mario Galaxy, except you're always flying and the missions are always the same in every world except for maybe one: However, the crippling flaw is that every single map is time-based; there is no heath system, making all combat absurdly easy. I'd rate the game a 6/10. Some cool stuff, some weird stuff and some boring stuff. Not a bad buy considering I gotit form the Value Village for two dollars.

Brave: A warrior's tale is horrendous. The controls are bad, the graphics aren't very good, the camera gets stuck in walls a lot, andfollows a really weird form. Still, it's so bad it's good, in a way. Has some cool stuff, but also some really really bad stuff. 2/10, but if you're in for some laughs, I'd give it a solid 8.5/10 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Benice said:

Gonna ask a global question: What is the most obscure video game that you guys have ever played?

I am convinced i'm the only person in the world who has played this game

Tork_-_Prehistoric_Punk_Coverart.png

I remember almost nothing about it, i was like 7 when i played it. I think. Only thing i really remember is that i was very bad at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragon Shadow Spell is the most obscure game I remember playing. I cant say I know alot about It, since its JP only.

Edited by lightcosmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Benice said:

Gonna ask a global question: What is the most obscure video game that you guys have ever played?

I think the most obscure game I've ever played was a game I got when I was very young. It was called Looney Tunes something for the GBA. IIRC it was some kind of platformer or top-down type game.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most obscure game I've played is probably Cubivore

Cubivorebox.jpg

a game where you play as a cube animal and eat other cube animals while trying to become the king of beasts. You also wax philosophical about the nature of your cube-eat-cube existence.

Even though Nintendo made it, Atlus published it in the US instead. It apparently goes for hundreds of dollars nowadays, which compelled me to check if I still have it (I do). It has a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee and a Spirit in Ultimate, but otherwise you've probably never heard of it. (And Doshin the Giant doesn't have a Spirit, so I suppose Cubivore could've been even more ignored.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...