Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Though Sky 3rd is one giant dungeon, a good chunk of the floors are locations from the previous two games.

But you absolutely should play Sky 3rd. While the main story itself is mostly self-contained, all of the side stories either provide character development, set up something for a future game, or both. In fact, pretty much everything that happens from Trails to Zero to Cold Steel 4 is set up one way or another in Sky 3rd.

Okay, well. It'll be a while before I get there. But I'll see.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Having just reached Mor Ardain in my Xenoblade 2 replay... how many Rare Blades should I have at this point? The only random Rare Blades I have are Nim and Finch, and it's not that I'm not using the Core Crystals I get. I didn't summon much during my first playthough so I don't have a frame of reference, but maybe I'm just unlucky with my Blade summons. Rex is fine with his story Blades and Wulfric, but I'll get Vess for Nia so she doesn't need to rely on random summons too much.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've mentioned this strat in the past before, it's not as good turning off enemy aggro in XC2, but it works. If you have some Meaty Evello Eggs and Turba Nectars, you can make Extend Aura V for an extra 5 seconds of stealth.

I maxed out Elma's Shadowrunner and with Secondary Cooldown, it lasted 28 seconds but good to know I can extend it more.

Honestly, that was a lifesaver for the Prone Sweet Prone sidequest. Scaband Fortress, more like, Zig Fortress.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Having just reached Mor Ardain in my Xenoblade 2 replay... how many Rare Blades should I have at this point?

Depends on how many you got. There isn't really a benchmark tbh.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, that was a lifesaver for the Prone Sweet Prone sidequest. Scaband Fortress, more like, Zig Fortress.

No surprise, that quest is rough. It has also a glitch, which, if you saved after discovering you're experiencing it, means you'll never be able to complete the quest, and with it a sizable portion of the Mira survey. Sorry I forgot to warn you of this in advance.😣

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No surprise, that quest is rough. It has also a glitch, which, if you saved after discovering you're experiencing it, means you'll never be able to complete the quest, and with it a sizable portion of the Mira survey. Sorry I forgot to warn you of this in advance.😣

Well thankfully I did complete it but damn, what's the glitch?

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well thankfully I did complete it but damn, what's the glitch?

Thank WE I never had it happen myself. But you know how the Prone you have to rescue ask for a key to unlock the door where they're imprisoned? For some reason, you won't be able to interact with the door and thus use the key to open it. No open door, no free Prone, no free Prone, no mission accomplished.

Theres another glitch, I never experienced it either, about the Affinity Chart. Looking at one of the playable characters' profile page where their little bio is listed with their signature arts and a description of their class. All it does is cause the game to freeze, prompting a reset. Might be caused specifically when the game is concurrently loading a lot of data. So don't get the urge to reexamine Lin's profile right after a quick travel or something. It's minor, but you could be cautious and save before looking at the Affinity Chart.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank WE I never had it happen myself. But you know how the Prone you have to rescue ask for a key to unlock the door where they're imprisoned? For some reason, you won't be able to interact with the door and thus use the key to open it. No open door, no free Prone, no free Prone, no mission accomplished.

And i imagine any other sidequest that involves the Tree Clan Prone won't appear if you're glitched out of completing this one. Yiiiiikes, very surprised this was never patched out. Nintendo has usually been very quick to patch out game breaking bugs like this.

Huh, didn't knew of those glitches. Can't say I've experienced the Affinity Chart one, but good to know either way.

---

Alright, time to finally do some more SoV. Which will be getting the Cipher characters now. I've constantly seen being suggested to get them come Act 3, so that's what I'll do. I'll split them up as well, with Emma and Randal on Alm's team, and Yuzu and Shade on Celica's. So, Cipher Legends I coming right up!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And i imagine any other sidequest that involves the Tree Clan Prone won't appear if you're glitched out of completing this one. Yiiiiikes, very surprised this was never patched out. Nintendo has usually been very quick to patch out game breaking bugs like this.

It surprises me as well. Nintendo quickly got to work on removing that infamous Skyward Sword glitch which kept you from completing that game. Not sure why Monolith didn't remedy this. It shouldn't be hard to fix. Did Monolith just give up entirely on this game after the flop of the Wii U and less than a half-million(?) in game sales?

Speaking of updates, when X2 comes around, I'd like the online to have occasional updates of flashy content, even if I barely touched it in X1. Telethia Plume and Yggralith Zero, thats it for the Global Nemeses. Sure they're the two species worthy of the global title, but from my tinyyyyyy engagement with one gatcha, I would like a few more of these kinds of foes for the sake of variety. "Regional Nemeses?" Something like "Our activities in Oblivia has awoken a catastrophic threat from the abyss. All BLADEs, arm yourselves for Colubrim Progenitor!" -Though of course I do not want this additional online stuff thats added over time to come at the price of a rock solid no-DLC base game. I want a massive complete game no download stuff just as XCX was. (And, I know Squad Missions exist with almost every enemy type there is represented there, including some story bosses, but those aren't "flashy" enough.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Reached floor 15 in Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, but I have shied away from challenging the (first) boss there.
Even at level 39 (thanks, quests!), I'm still very, VERY afraid, because this upcoming boss fight can go south very quickly if I'm not careful, so I'll probably leave it for later.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reached floor 15 in Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, but I have shied away from challenging the (first) boss there.
Even at level 39 (thanks, quests!), I'm still very, VERY afraid, because this upcoming boss fight can go south very quickly if I'm not careful, so I'll probably leave it for later.

You can do it! Draggy guild will clean the floor with those F.O.Es!

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good luck! 👍

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

side story

Whoever said that is either a big ass liar or doesn't know anything about Trails

Sky3rd is by far the most important game in the series, and every future title depends on it.

Also good morning everyone!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Whoever said that is either a big ass liar or doesn't know anything about Trails

Being your rival, I now have to say this too!

SKY 3RD BAD REAN SAVED FE AND MARRIED MY FIRSTBORN CHILD ALL HAIL REAN

Just now, Shrimperor said:

LMAO

Speaking of, what does the Talent thing do? It may be important, since I'm planning on doing Conquest soon.