Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Thanks, but as far as challenges go, i hate this one, ngl. 

I have no idea what the devs were thinking or what they were smoking when they designed some of these battles, but they aren't fun. Nope, not in the least.

Oof, that sounds rough.
Is this still Kingdom Hearts 3?

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Ah, I see!
I forgot the Final in my rating for the Kingdom Hearts song you posted. XD

That was Kingdom Hearts 2.5, not Birth by Sleep.

Y'see, the final mix versions used to be JP only versions of the originals that had added content to them such as bosses items, weapons, events, etc. PS3 finally decided to port them to US (though they are poor ports)

And then PS4 fixed them after porting them to that system.

Birth by Sleep's combat is just unusual compared to most, which makes me struggle q bit. Well that and one of the characters dodging is god awful, and when an enemy has attakcs that linger, you better be able to dodge. 

So, that's where I am now! XD

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Page and a half was added since I last was here. Wow.

Good morning/afternoon! *waves*

Yup, mostly me ranting about failing a stupid boss fight though. 

Also, morning!

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That was Kingdom Hearts 2.5, not Birth by Sleep.

Y'see, the final mix versions used to be JP only versions of the originals that had added content to them such as bosses items, weapons, events, etc. PS3 finally decided to port them to US (though they are poor ports)

And then PS4 fixed them after porting them to that system.

Birth by Sleep's combat is just unusual compared to most, which makes me struggle q bit. Well that and one of the characters dodging is god awful, and when an enemy has attakcs that linger, you better be able to dodge. 

So, that's where I am now! XD

I see, I see!
I wish you good lick nonetheless! ^^

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Page and a half was added since I last was here. Wow.

Good morning/afternoon! *waves*

Three pages for me when I woke up. XD
Hello, hello!

Edited by DragonFlames

I see, I see!
I wish you good lick nonetheless! ^^

Good lick... XD assuming you mean luck, but ngl, that made me laugh, which I needed right now. So thanks for that, too!

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Good lick... XD assuming you mean luck, but ngl, that made me laugh, which I needed right now. So thanks for that, too!

Oh, whoops!
That was a typo. XD
Yeah, I meant to say "luck", but if it made you laugh, then that's good! XD

Oh, whoops!
That was a typo. XD
Yeah, I meant to say "luck", but if it made you laugh, then that's good! XD

I just had to think when i read that and was like... yup, I broke Draggy for sure.

Sorry for the confusion with all that information there. Its alot of nonsense, really.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I just had to think when i read that and was like... yup, I broke Draggy for sure.

Sorry for the confusion with all that information there. Its alot of nonsense, really.

It's okay! XD
It was a genuine typo. No worries! ^^

---

Ah, by the by, to everyone playing/wanting to play Etrian Odyssey.
I found a neat way to grind without much hassle. Here's what you do:

• Look for a floor where enemies are relatively easy to kill and yield a good amount of EXP for your current level.
  • Draw an autowalk path in a larger room with no F.O.E.s in it.
  • Put down the difficulty to the lowest possible level (you can put it back up afterwards if you so please)
  • Put something on the A-button of your 3DS so it's pressed down
  • Activate auto-walk
  • As a precaution: have an ability that regenerates HP as you walk, or else you may end up with dead characters instead

This way, you can get a lot of leveling done and you can do something else in the meantime. This is especially useful after you've rested your characters to redistribute skill points.

That's what I'm doing currently, because my characters aren't equipped to take on floor 2 of Ginnungagap or the third Stratum just yet.

Edited by DragonFlames

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You can do it! ^^

I see!
Don't rush and take as much time as you need!

I mean, it'd be hard to rush. My comic collection... is kind of large (considering my father started it when he was a kid, and I just helped fill in the gaps over the years, large may be an understatement). I've got most of the valuable stuff secure (or in some cases extra secure) by now. As for becoming an uncle (twice over), it's sort of sad I haven't really had the opportunity to meet either of my brothers' offspring.... but I'm still potentially infectious (the timeline as it were, goes blocked eustachian tubes to tonsillitis to wisdom tooth eruption to tonsillitis two, electric boogaloo, though it is suspected the wisdom tooth may have actually caused the rest by coming through).
Whole thing makes the few months I've been sick feel like years really.

3 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

My comic collection... is kind of large (considering my father started it when he was a kid, and I just helped fill in the gaps over the years, large may be an understatement).

That's nice!

4 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

As for becoming an uncle (twice over), it's sort of sad I haven't really had the opportunity to meet either of my brothers' offspring.... but I'm still potentially infectious (the timeline as it were, goes blocked eustachian tubes to tonsillitis to wisdom tooth eruption to tonsillitis two, electric boogaloo, though it is suspected the wisdom tooth may have actually caused the rest by coming through).

That is very sad, and it sounds incredibly painful.
But belated congrats on becoming an uncle regardless.

5 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Yeah, I can see that.
I wish you the best for the coming weeks!

Good morning!

”He’s so dark and mysterious... *siiigh*” -Lissa, referring to “Marth”... xD

Edit: THERE’S MORE “He IS sort of dreamy, isn’t he?”

Edited by Sooks1016

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's nice!

That is very sad, and it sounds incredibly painful.
But belated congrats on becoming an uncle regardless.

Yeah, I can see that.
I wish you the best for the coming weeks!

Thanks on that. But for the most part I hadn't told too many people on here. Was figuring I'd save it for my next update... but I figure I've held back long enough.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Good morning!

Stamp41.png

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

XD

Spoiler

If only she knew at that point. XD

Just now, The Roger The Paladin said:

Thanks on that. But for the most part I hadn't told too many people on here. Was figuring I'd save it for my next update... but I figure I've held back long enough.

You're very welcome!

Edited by DragonFlames

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, by the by, to everyone playing/wanting to play Etrian Odyssey.
I found a neat way to grind without much hassle. Here's what you do:

• Look for a floor where enemies are relatively easy to kill and yield a good amount of EXP for your current level.
  • Draw an autowalk path in a larger room with no F.O.E.s in it.
  • Put down the difficulty to the lowest possible level (you can put it back up afterwards if you so please)
  • Put something on the A-button of your 3DS so it's pressed down
  • Activate auto-walk
  • As a precaution: have an ability that regenerates HP as you walk, or else you may end up with dead characters instead

This way, you can get a lot of leveling done and you can do something else in the meantime. This is especially useful after you've rested your characters to redistribute skill points.

That's what I'm doing currently, because my characters aren't equipped to take on floor 2 of Ginnungagap or the third Stratum just yet.

Neat! Thanks for sharing that!

18 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I mean, it'd be hard to rush. My comic collection... is kind of large (considering my father started it when he was a kid, and I just helped fill in the gaps over the years, large may be an understatement). I've got most of the valuable stuff secure (or in some cases extra secure) by now. As for becoming an uncle (twice over), it's sort of sad I haven't really had the opportunity to meet either of my brothers' offspring.... but I'm still potentially infectious (the timeline as it were, goes blocked eustachian tubes to tonsillitis to wisdom tooth eruption to tonsillitis two, electric boogaloo, though it is suspected the wisdom tooth may have actually caused the rest by coming through).

Sorry to hear that, about the medical issues, that is. I hope things get much better for you.

3 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Edit: THERE’S MORE “He IS sort of dreamy, isn’t he?”

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sorry to hear that, about the medical issues, that is. I hope things get much better for you.

Definitely on the upswing at this point. I have my hearing/balance back. I can eat and drink without pain. If the damn swelling would go away, I'd be back to normal.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Although the letter limit does not do me any favors. As you can see, one of them is simply called "Zeppelin" because "Led Zeppelin" didn't fit.

Whats worse is that the default names exceed the character limit. Not sure how that happened, though it could in part be a failure to consider not every language is as information-dense as Japanese. Takes one kanji for 🔥, four letters in English.