Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That will come in later. XD

For anyone reading my LP, do not click the spoiler, please!

Hide contents

A lucky crit killed Kris in Prologue 3.
As in, I got the crit, which freed up space for another unit who killed her.
Everything in P-3 two-shots all of your units.

DOH I MISSED!

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

F

No I didn’t get few hours of sleep, it just really bothers me when people I know don’t get much sleep... for whatever reason.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

wasn't a sequel announced @Armagon ?

The joke was that the original Pacific Rim is the only good one. Normally, I'm against the whole "I don't like it, therefore, I don't consider it canon" because it just comes across as really petty but there are like two exceptions I can think of. Harry Potter, because J.K Rowling won't shut the fuck up, and Pacific Rim, because the sequel completely shits on the original in literally every way possible to such a degree that it shouldn't be possible.

Now I will say, they did announce a new anime film called Pacific Rim: The Black Continent, but the animation is being done by Polygon Pictures, the same guys who animated the Godzilla anime trilogy which means I already have no faith in the movie.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

like their counter system personally. Along with all the nerfs to follow ups. They are busted the in FE style, IMO.

It's all decently designed all things considered, I just don't prefer it.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now I will say, they did announce a new anime film called Pacific Rim: The Black Continent, but the animation is being done by Polygon Pictures, the same guys who animated the Godzilla anime trilogy which means I already have no faith in the movie.

Now now, you don't have to blame the animators for the anime trilogy being bad. I don't remember having any problems with the animation and I liked the artstyle (which is basically Awakening/Fates's since Kozaki designed the characters).

image.thumb.png.1513be94fb81e04a54cd409340c54673.png

Oof, I paid like 40 for this last week, and it was on sale.

Attempt #4 of trying to start Cold Steel IV for real now.

I hope I can start with the actual gameplay after all this crap what happened the past couple of days.

Since apparently no one's playing it here, I will keep my monoluges in chats they can turn into actual dialogues.

Watching through the AoC demo's cutscenes in English on YT. Tbh, the voice acting ranges from mediocre to bad, like it was in BotW, imo. New voice actors included. Hearing even more of this level of quality of voice acting in Zelda makes me wish they had never opted to include it in the first place. It's cringe-inducing at times.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now now, you don't have to blame the animators for the anime trilogy being bad. I don't remember having any problems with the animation and I liked the artstyle (which is basically Awakening/Fates's since Kozaki designed the characters).

I wasn't aware that Kozaki designed the characters for that. Well, for what it's worth, I did like the designs of the Shobijin.

Anyways, the problem with the animation is that the anime industry is pretty allergic to making CGI in anime look good. As far as studios go, only Kamikaze Douga and Orange (the latter of which is animating the Kaiju in Singular Point, thank God) are the only ones that have managed to put out actually good CGI, although I will have to look up who did the Dragon Quest and Lupin movies because both look really good (even if the Dragon Quest movie is stinky).

Even if The Black Continent is good in other parts, Polygon Pictures doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence in the animation and bad animation can break an anime (see: One Punch Man S2).

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Watching through the AoC demo's cutscenes in English on YT. Tbh, the voice acting ranges from mediocre to bad, like it was in BotW, imo. New voice actors included. Hearing even more of this level of quality of voice acting in Zelda makes me wish they had never opted to include it in the first place. It's cringe-inducing at times.

It was fine in BotW because there wasn't actually a whole lot of voiced dialogue. It was mainly reserved for the really important story bits, which, depending on how you were playing them, could be hours apart.

AoC is definitely an actual story so the VA quality will show more there.

IMG_20201029_113927.jpg

Not for long lol

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>program something

>works

>result is *****

>Debug

>Get syntax and dimensional errors

tenor.gif

And then this is the part where you look it up but the only thing that comes up is a thread from 2005 asking how to fix and the only reply is "nvm I fixed it".

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And then this is the part where you look it up but the only thing that comes up is a thread from 2005 asking how to fix and the only reply is "nvm I fixed it".

facts

or

''Just look at tutorial bro''

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's certainly something that's used VERY rarely. Like, I can only think of HM64 and RF2 as the only times they allowed the other couples have children.

Flipping through Fogu, it looks like Animal Parade allowed it as well. That game seems to get a good deal of praise by hardcore fans of the franchise. That or A Wonderful Life seems like they'd be good as the next remake, if Marvelous wanted to mimic Pokemon and FE with remakes interspersed between new games. I'd say AWL has priority, given FoMT used to have connectivity to it and the remake still features the two characters from it.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbh, that’s such a good price, I may pick it up myself. $25 is a steal for a $50 release.

And considering $25 is a good 10 closer to the $20 I had in mind as the ideal price tag... digital games need refunds. Why'd I rush on this?:facepalm:

IMG_20201029_120316.jpg

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That or A Wonderful Life seems like they'd be good as the next remake, if Marvelous wanted to mimic Pokemon and FE with remakes interspersed between new games. I'd say AWL has priority, given FoMT used to have connectivity to it and the remake still features the two characters from it.

I'm curious as to how A Wonderful Life remake would fare given that it's the game where you play until your character dies of old age.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm curious as to how A Wonderful Life remake would fare given that it's the game where you play until your character dies of old age.

Just like the DS Remake/Sequel (yes, it's a weird combination of both) did: Time progression just stops when the child is a teenager... and that's it.

Actually, that's more or less what the PS2 version of AWL did with it's Heaven Mode. You went back to that point in time, then you could play endelessly.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Sooks1016 said:

e8yQkdf.jpg
This has basically been the whole play through.

Fort Stieger does have strong enemies, though the next chapter is going make you very craggy. If you go too slow, you'll find your feet a little past medium. Hope it ain't too bad!

22 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I just got the Robin Lucina S support! Hooray!

I wonder what Chrom thought of that? 😄 Although at least it's not his exact child, Fates has it weirder.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I never played more than like two days of A Wonderful Life myself, it was too slow and boring. But when I read online of its whole "circle of life" aspect, that definitely put me off from ever playing it again. Life's transient cycle is beautiful, and it's interesting to see a game simulate that, but it's too depressing personally. I want happy eternal life free of aging, because I won't find that IRL. But I absolutely see why some people would enjoy the experience.

I'd personally like to see the low-key PSP Hero of Leaf Valley remade (with bachelors and a playable female option added, weird that so late into the franchise that a game wouldn't have this). Because it has the "save the town from becoming an amusement park by achieving one of several endings before the time limit is up" of Save the Homeland, and then added the marriage aspect that StH removed. The blend of an overarching timed objective with relaxed freedom sounds like a good balance. -I could emulate this, but I don't have a controller ATM and I'd want one.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never played more than like two days of A Wonderful Life myself, it was too slow and boring. But when I read online of its whole "circle of life" aspect, that definitely put me off from ever playing it again. Life's transient cycle is beautiful, and it's interesting to see a game simulate that, but it's too depressing personally. I want happy eternal life free of aging, because I won't find that IRL. But I absolutely see why some people would enjoy the experience.

Then try AWL DS. It has you covered there, heh.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then try AWL DS. It has you covered there, heh.

Do you mean Harvest Moon DS/DS Cute? If so, then that is definitely not AWL if you ask me. Never played it, but I have a guide for Magical Melody that has a section on HMDS too, and nothing is the same besides a bunch of reused characters. There is no aging/life cycle, it's a more typical SoS experience, with a not-in-AWL "plot" of trying to bring back the Harvest Goddess by collecting 50 of the 100 Harvest Sprites.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fort Stieger does have strong enemies, though the next chapter is going make you very craggy. If you go too slow, you'll find your feet a little past medium. Hope it ain't too bad!

Past medium? What does that mean?

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wonder what Chrom thought of that? 😄 Although at least it's not his exact child, Fates has it weirder.

And at least that child isn’t Robin’s sibling’s kid!