• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Holy shit, I stand corrected. We're not coming to Hawke's aid, Hawke's going to be perfectly fine. The guy just ate up half of Coulter's dracoknights like they were nothing! A couple of them (including Coulter himself) tried their luck against Oifey instead, but... Well, 20% critical rate. It did not end well for 'em, to say the least.

Holy shit, open world Pokemon game that genuinely looks good. Looks like they finally hired this man.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

will say, after a certain age you just need your space, ya know?

27 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's really dependent on the person, but somewhere in the middle is the best outcome, I'd say.

Yeah, will agree it depends on circumstances and the like. But multigenerational homes are just the norm in basically any Spanish speaking country. I hear Asia is also like this as well. 

But basically the point is that living with your parents isn't necessarily a bad thing.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

AHAHA OH MY GOD THOSE GRAPHICS

IT LOOKS LIKE A MOBILE GAME!

Is it bad that I think the remake looks more appealing than SwSh?

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The series has some hope at least.

Legends Arceus might actually pull me back in. Might.

It genuinely looks good.

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is it bad that I think the remake looks more appealing than SwSh?

No yes and I respectfully disagree with your opinion you need mental help

But seriously, the graphics do genuinely remind of a mobile game, I just don’t remember what. It might be one of those Pokémon rip offs on the App Store.

It genuinely looks good.

Well that’s true, though I’m a little more hesitant because it looks a lot like the wild area from Sword and Shield.

A great thing is that story appears to be something actually new, which the series has needed this entire time... if there’s an “evil team” in that one it would be a little disheartening (though I likely won’t pick it up, ever since I’ve gotten into more RPG-like RPGs Pokemon has felt a little dull and I don’t really enjoy them like I did bAcK iN tHe DaY).

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But seriously, the graphics do genuinely remind of a mobile game, I just don’t remember what.

I'm more reminded of the Link's Awakening remake.

You know, I'm of the opinion that mainline Pokemon should've never gone 3D but this Diamond and Pearl remake looks a better direction than what happened in previous 3D gens.

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And it's not being developed by GF. That should be even better.

True. Not necessarily because of GF's incompetence, but because it means they're now willing to hand over the workload to other companies, allowing them to devote more time and resources to new mainline games.

Not sayin' they're going to be good again overnight, but you have to give praise in the proportional quantities for the baby steps.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It genuinely looks good.

Open-world Pokemon was the one idea that interested me for the franchise, so maybe I'll consider this.

Although as a nitpick, does the world look too photorealistic for the player character? Or maybe it's the trainer's colors that are excessively bright. Incongruence impacts immersion.

-----

Now if you excuse me, I started my old unfinished Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 file again, and after a little more exploration and grinding, I have a "date" with this beauty.:

Spoiler

1-scylla.png

Widely considered the most unfairly difficult boss in the game, given they show up in the 3rd Stratum, only halfway into the journey. 

I'm actually optimistic about my chances, provided I keep a webpage open with its attack pattern listed so I know exactly what I should be doing every turn. But Scylla be the murderer of hope.

These remakes look horrible, I think even the 3DS games are more beautiful than that.

Why did they go back to using chibi sprites in overworld? smh

Oki-dokie, chapter 8 is done. That final stretch was surprisingly easy compared to everything that came before it. Seriously, screw Ovo.

Got a class now, but next time it's finally that time. What I've been looking forward to all gen 2. I have been struggling so far, but at last, I'll have a general once more. Then it'll be game over for the bad guys! Ahahah!

I liked the Link’s Awakening remakes, but these look like they took that art style and took out all the effort then copy pasted the hollow, happy faces of the Sun and Moon player character onto every character.

Edited by Sooks

Screenshot_20210226-105255.png

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. Not necessarily because of GF's incompetence, but because it means they're now willing to hand over the workload to other companies, allowing them to devote more time and resources to new mainline games.

Does sorta explain why we didn't have a yearly release last year. Granted, there was the SwSh expansion pass but that's just DLC.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Open-world Pokemon was the one idea that interested me for the franchise, so maybe I'll consider this.

Yeah, I just have to see more of it first.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

My problem is...

I know they would be worse than Platinum. That has been the case with the remakes after HGSS.

Ehhh. ORAS was serviceable. It's main issue was that it was way too easy but there was a lot of neat stuff.

I think the bigger issue is that Platinum isn't the one being remade.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...But is there a super good reward for falling for the obvious trap?

Yes. But I'll not spoil it. Unless you want me to.

'Morning, everyone!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is it really so difficult? I mean, when I need a controller I just use my Switch pro controller. Works like a charm.

Well I don't have one and I'd like to either get a PS4 because PS4 or get a cheap one that's confirmed to be solid.

So, Pokemon time. Didn't see the rumours. CAN I GET ONE LINK THAT WON'T SPOIL?

Spoiler

Turns out it's 20 minutes. Starts with a montage of games and the series and hashtags, ugh. Skipping because of the voice with every hashtag actually. To be fair, cute Lapras boat. And that's 5 minutes gone, oh no.

So wait, they released the presents today? Why? Tomorrow was fine. After that we get New Pokemon Snap footage, with a monatge of who's who and gameplay in motion including capturing and pokemon moving about (Apple = Fluff Fruit. Okay. Tyranitar actually picked it up, 10/10). There's something about the Lumina orb, which freak me out because they cause bioluminescence. There's photo editing, unsurprisingly, but in-game sharing's NSO only (Why?). And Celebi's the featured legendary? Truly this is a sequel to Snap after all. Out end of April, unchanged.

Then there's a bunch of events in current games, Not interested.

Then it happens, a transition through time going back to DP. IT'S HAPPENING. Then after the footage of the original, we get the new look of the games and the character models are a bit no thanks for me, reminders of Link's Awakening honestly. Worse, the in battle models for humans actually look alright and would have been good for the games. Region looks pretty faithful as is. We even get the old wifi rooms, Underground's safe, then the last shot's the Eterna statue, redesigned and looking a bit mixed up. It's confirmed to be both versions (Not a surprise, though the spoiler I saw tripped me.), Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.

But hold on, another title's confirmed.

A narrator starts talking about the past in lines like the myths written briefly in game. Then it transitions to gameplay, looking atcoronet and a large area with little civilisation, looking like the wild areas, showing trainers running about sneaking and catching pokemon alone. It looks like we see an Ice Rhyhorn, Chingling looks like the lag's 2 fps, we still have regular battles and everyone's dressed in traditional robes. There's a shot of three starters from different regions, then some fog building to Arceus and it rears up to the title Pokemon Legends Arceus (THAT'S THE SPOILER), confirmed to release next year.

With BD/SP, they insist on faithful (Please take Platinum's cues) and it's developed by another dev team with Masuda involved (Oh no), It really looks like the area's unchanged and the roster probably is too, RIP balance. It's out this year. Then Legends Arceus is GF confirmed and there's a hub village including a professor and modern? pokeballs somehow. Then we move on to Arceus, where the speculation is begun. After the next footage reel, we finish up.

Music sounds good at least, good there.

TL:DR: Snap's alright (though I'm concerned about radiation), Sinnoh remakes confirmed (with bad chibi models but honestly if all the characters looked like they did in battle I'd have been okay) and the real surprise is Pokemon actually listening to the fan calls for Pokemon of the Wild. You can roll in Legends Arceus, so there's that. There'll be more time to look and see what happens, so I might be interested again.

Might.

Edited by Dayni

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

My problem is...

I know they would be worse than Platinum. That has been the case with the remakes after HGSS.

For a second, I thought you were trash talking G/S/C and I was like, "nuh uh!" Those are quality games right there, not today's trash. 

But your fine, you said they were good.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, I stand corrected. We're not coming to Hawke's aid, Hawke's going to be perfectly fine. The guy just ate up half of Coulter's dracoknights like they were nothing! A couple of them (including Coulter himself) tried their luck against Oifey instead, but... Well, 20% critical rate. It did not end well for 'em, to say the least.

And, remember, this is the comparatively worse version of Ced! Now you can image just how many shits he gives about the dracoknights - that being, literally zero.

Also, dunno if I've asked you this before, but have you listened to the CD versions of Berwick's OST? Some of the versions there are downright jaw-dropping compared to the ingame ones, and the ingame ones are already fantastic! The Wind Blows in particular sounds goddamn incredible on the CD OST. 

Wait, Pokemon sleep was talked about? Where?

Looking at ILCA's history, I have to wonder. They worked on Home, but their list of titles they've been involved with is kinda all over the place, probably includes stuff they were contracted for and has games like Ace Combat 7, Code Vein, NieR: Automata, Godzilla(2015), Chaos Rings III, Drakengard 3, and Crimson Shroud. There was also a source claiming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which wasn't on their site.

Anyone else think they should be doing Legends Arceus?

I also forgot the Frontier's in danger, RIP.