Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Sadly that invisible barrier only goes down once the fight is over.

Not that you could interfere in the fight anyway, since it's a battle between NPC and Other forces, neither which you can attack.

So use that time to get everyone into position to march on the next Castle. Keep in mind that unpromoted cavalry can't cross that mountain range.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, I would expect that if Nordion gets captured, Lachesis' Suicide Squad will automatically despawn, locking you out of the Knight Ring.

This is true.

Could a remake work around that I wonder.

Holy shit, level 1 priest.

...I mean, not that it matters. He has A staves. He'll do fine. But no matter-- let's go get the general!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

...am I supposed to save Mahnya??

No, you are not.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I mean, not that it matters. He has A staves. He'll do fine. But no matter-- let's go get the general!

You can probably see how getting Holsety wouldn't help him all that much. Especially since he wouldn't have Elite.

On the bright side: Berserk Staff.
Unlike Status swords, staffs do work 100% of the time.

Edited by BrightBow

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

So use that time to get everyone into position to march on the next Castle. Keep in mind that unpromoted cavalry can't cross that mountain range.

So I can’t do anting with them? I wanted to train Beowulf...

Hahahahah... Gotta love how one of the 7 twins has holy blood. He must be the shame of his family, the little bastard.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

YOU SERIOUSLY PUT VILLAGERS TO SAVE NETX TO ENEMIES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP WHERE YOU KNEW THE PLAYER WOULDN’T BE!? WHAT IS WEONG WITH YOU KAGA!?!?

Again, this is the least of the game's problems. There's a reason villages aren't instantly destroyed. The game neither expects nor wants you to get a full 5000 gold from every village in the world.

This map isn’t very good guys.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Again, this is the least of the game's problems. There's a reason villages aren't instantly destroyed. The game neither expects nor wants you to get a full 5000 gold from every village in the world.

I don’t have a problem with the villages though. I think it’s a fantastic system.

I’m assuming villageRS are instantly destroyed though... well that’s enough Kaga Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy Kaga for now.

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

...am I supposed to save Mahnya??

How am I even supposed to get my mounted units over there?? It’s all mountain!

You can't save her, so don't worry much on that front. I think you can warp them over after you take Silesia, so they can help on the approach to Zaxom if you plan carefully.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Its really easy to power level healers if you have the money for their equipment. Get that fortify staff you can get from same chapter onto him (assuming it wasn't passed down to someone earlier) and he gets 85 xp every use...

Just now, Sooks said:

YOU SERIOUSLY PUT VILLAGERS TO SAVE NETX TO ENEMIES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP WHERE YOU KNEW THE PLAYER WOULDN’T BE!? WHAT IS WEONG WITH YOU KAGA!?!?

It takes 10 full turns to destroy a village...just chill, send a flyer, you will make it.

The battle lasts long enough that getting people down there isn't a problem. Even without the Warp and Return Staffs. Plus, the Northern castle gets attacked anyway, so those who can't get there in time can still make themselves useful there.

The problem is that if you DO warp back to the main castle, you are blocked by the plot wall. And that just feels all kinds of stupid.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t have a problem with the villages though. I think it’s a fantastic system.

I’m assuming villageRS are instantly destroyed though... well that’s enough Kaga Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy Kaga for now.

Oh I misread that as well. Fun fact getting adjacent and "rescuing" them gives the one who does it a free level.

Worst growths in the game, eh?

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This map isn’t very good guys.

I concur. Most people find chapter 2 to be worse, but personally, I think chapter 4 takes the cake. For the entire game so far, actually.

I’m assuming villageRS are instantly destroyed though...

Ahh, right, right... Yeah, the villagers. Well, they can dodge semi-decently, but... Yeah, honestly, you need to be close to save them reliably.

Now he just needs the Pursuit Ring. Also a more accurate Sword would probably be a good idea.

Sadly, there is gonna be a lot of magic in the rest of the game. So in a way, Hannibal is in an even worse position then Arden.

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Now he just needs the Pursuit Ring.

Ahahah! Bold of you to assume that he doesn't have it already.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Also a more accurate Sword would probably be a good idea.

One thing at a time. Next is the leg ring. He'll probably get enough from the villages for that. After that... Yeah, I think he's set, so he'll focus on gearing up.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I got Scylla down to ~5% of its health and I lost three tries in.😣 If only my Hexer hadn't been hit with Lullaby, my Dark Hunter could've use Soul Liberator one more time and that have deal another 2000 damage and won it!

You know, as shameful as it'll make me feel, I think I'll turn the difficulty down to Standard. The 33% damage dealt increase and ~40% damage taken decrease compared to Expert should be enough that I can best the tentacular twisted lady. I've gotten enough thrill of being on the edge of survival from this boss. And I'm already cheating a little anyhow with Power Gel and Charge grimoires from my first playthrough. 

Yay1ucur o

Well, there we go. The game is officially over. Again.

I think first thing next chapter I'll have him clear the arena, and with the funds I'll sell the wingslayer and buy him a good bow and a brave sword. And then it'll be settled.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The one with the horse was always a little worse at combat, people just prefer him because he has a horse (and talks pretty...)

Talking pretty >>>>>>>>> actual combat utility.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

...Do any of us even know what it means to be human anymore?

I certainly don't.

Edited by Maof06

18 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Talking pretty >>>>>>>>> actual combat utility.

Green brigand >>>>>>>>>> Talking pretty.

Not that it matters, honestly. The only unit in gen 2 that's relevant is Hannibal's beard.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I concur. Most people find chapter 2 to be worse, but personally, I think chapter 4 takes the cake. For the entire game so far, actually.

2?? 2 was pretty good! The ballistae got pretty annoying but I had Sigood so eh.

Ahh, right, right... Yeah, the villagers. Well, they can dodge semi-decently, but... Yeah, honestly, you need to be close to save them reliably.

Kaga why...

Anyway.

A3ilpb9a o

Worst growths in the game, eh?

Good lord he’s old.

Hey, old characters aren’t supposed to have good growths! They’re supposed to get one stat every level and go “mAh AgE iS cAtChInG uP tO mEh!”

That link takes me to the forum home page.