• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I went back through and reworded some statements, flowing naturally and making it very clear that I wept developing  my main idea for the computer... AND MY SCORE WENT DOWN AGAIN!

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My first payment... well, I'm more or less content if I can manage to gain this per week... even if it's with too much overtime.

That's good. Hopefully you'll be able to adjust to your new schedule, or have your new schedule adjust to you.

Just now, Sooks said:

Who thought it was a good idea to let a computer grade an essay..?

Let’s see, I have 5 more attempts, maybe a little experiment is in order...

Plot twist: No one. The computer hijacked the decision.

Just now, Sooks said:

It was all a computer regardless, life is but a simulation.

Considering things...

A World With No Boundaries | Acepedia | Fandom

Anyway... it's always a treat to see stuff like this...

Because again, who needs mechas in SRW, amirite?

I ADDED A BUNCH OF RANDOM WORDS THAT RELATED TO MY TOPIC AS WELL AS SOME TRANSITIONAL WORDS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY PARAGRAPH THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER, OKE AFTER THE OTHER AND ZERO PUNCTUATION WITH THEM, AND MY SCORE INCREASED BY A TWENTIETH OF THE METRIC! AHAHAHA! Ah... this is what “school” has made of me....

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I ADDED A BUNCH OF RANDOM WORDS THAT RELATED TO MY TOPIC AS WELL AS SOME TRANSITIONAL WORDS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY PARAGRAPH THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER, OKE AFTER THE OTHER AND ZERO PUNCTUATION WITH THEM, AND MY SCORE INCREASED BY A TWENTIETH OF THE METRIC! AHAHAHA! Ah... this is what “school” has made of me....

A moment of silence for Sooks' sanity.

Here, have a drink. *hands him the drink*

In all seriousness though, yeah. It's funny how adding in a few small changes can raise the proofreader's score by that much. But it does.

For some reason.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think the computer is just trolling you at this point.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

A moment of silence for Sooks' sanity.

Here, have a drink. *hands him the drink*

That better have zero alcohol content 🤨

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

In all seriousness though, yeah. It's funny how adding in a few small changes can raise the proofreader's score by that much. But it does.

For some reason.

But literal random words completely irrelevant in the actual sentence. Here I can quote one for you that raised my score “Students enjoy drama club spending time with friends learning skills meeting new people light bulb amazing scar bubble pop indeed even though drama club students enjoy fun love happy pleasant sad angry scared not drama club because happy enjoyable additionally exciting students enjoy drama club.” That in combination with a similar sentence raised my score by a twelfth of the metric.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That better have zero alcohol content 🤨

Maybe it does.

Maybe it doesn't.

661369452239257631.png?v=1

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But literal random words completely irrelevant in the actual sentence. Here I can quote one for you that raised my score “Students enjoy drama club spending time with friends learning skills meeting new people light bulb amazing scar bubble pop indeed even though drama club students enjoy fun love happy pleasant sad angry scared not drama club because happy enjoyable additionally exciting students enjoy drama club.” That in combination with a similar sentence raised my score by a twelfth of the metric.

Uh...

That's very odd.

Hm...

I have a decision to make. I could either submit my essay the way it is with the score how it is now and see what my teacher does/says, or I could revert to an actual essay and take the F. My essay is gonna be lacking in one category or another so I’m leaning towards the former.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Huh. And here was me thinking that Thracia was Senior Emblem.

Thank you for giving me the idea to count how many "mature" playable characters in each game. Not "old", merely middle-aged or later.

"Mature" shall be defined as "does it look like person could have children approaching pubescence or older than that?". Almost anyone barring the children characters could have toddlers, so older than that is necessary for their children. Admittedly, there is room for subjectivity here.

Here I go!:

Spoiler

Archanea: ~17

fe11-frey.pngfe11-jagen.pngfe11-wrys.pngfe11-ogma.pngfe11-nabarl.pngfe11-hardin1.pngfe11-wendell.pngfe11-bantu.png

fe11-boah.pngfe11-horace.pngfe11-arran.pngfe11-samson.pngfe11-lorenz.pngfe11-ymir.pngfe11-gotoh.pngdice.png

frost.png

Gaiden: ~5 (And maybe Cipher's Randal)

face-mycen.jpgface-valbar.jpgface-jesse.jpgface-kamui.jpgface-nomah.jpg

Genealogy: 3

hannibal.pngoifey2.pngfin2.png

Not surprising, because Gen 2 is mostly children, and Gen 1 is adults who need to make children, they don't want to look too old.

Was unsure about including Shannan, so I didn't.

Thracia: ~13 (Some of these I'm quite shaky on.)

fin.pngevayle.pngdagdar.pngtrewd.pnghicks.pngparn.pngglade.pngralph.pngxavier.pngconomore.pngamalda.pngmisha.pnggalzus.png

Binding: ~15 (But I'm quite iffy on Igraine and Astolfo.)

Marcus-1.pngMerlinus-1.pngDieck.pngZealot.pngAstohl.pngBartre-1.pngEchidna.pngDouglas.pngNiime-1.pngGarret.pngIgrene-1.pngDayan-1.pngJuno.pngYodel.pngKarel-1.png

Blazing: ~14 

Dorcas.pngWallace.pngMarcus-11.pngBartre-11.pngOswin.pngMerlinus-11.pngCanas-1.pngLegault.pngHawkeye-1.pngPent-1.pngLouise-1.pngVaida.pngRenault.pngAthos.png

Sacred: ~7 (I was considering Seth, but nah, I left off Camus and Perceval and he feels similar to them.)

fe8gilliam.giffe8moulder.giffe8garcia.giffe8gerik.giffe8dozla.giffe8saleh.giffe8duessel.gif

Tellius: ~29 (Sigrun was left out because she looks younger than Tanith, but I could be ageist against short hair. I'm ditching Tanith instead. Ranulf was left out b/c limbo visually too. Janaff is supposed to be older than Ulki, but looks younger too. Sephiran was excluded too.)

fe10-nolan.pngfe10-haar.pngfe10-tauroneo.pngfe10-bastian.pngfe10-largo.pngfe10-calill.pngfe10-danved.pngfe10-titania.pngfe10-shinon.pngfe10-gatrie.pngfe10-volke.pngfe10-rhys.pngfe10-muarim.pngfe10-stefan.pngfe10-oliver.pngfe10-nailah.pngfe10-volug.pngfe10-caineghis.pngfe10-giffca.pngfe10-mordecai.pngfe10-tibarn.pngfe10-ulki.pngfe10-naesala.pngfe10-nealuchi.pngfe10-nasir.pngfe10-gareth.pngfe10-brom.pngfe10-renning.png

Awakening: ~5 (I considered Priam, Libra, and California Stoner Vaike, but opted for no.)

frederick.jpgvirion.jpggregor.jpgbasilio.jpgflavia.jpg

Fates: ~8 (I considered Benny.)

fefates-icon-asyura.jpgfefates-icon-izana.jpgfefates-icon-saizou.jpgfefates-icon-crimson.jpgfefates-icon-yukimura.jpgfefates-icon-gunter.jpgfefates-icon-arthur.jpgfefates-icon-fugga.jpg

Three Houses: ~10

Raphael, Hubert, Dedue, Hanneman, Seteth, Gilbert, Alois, Catherine, Manuela, Jeritza.

TearRing Saga: ~14 (Considered Roger and Zieg.)

ts-garo.gifts-lee.gifts-ezekiel.gifts-norton.gifts-billford.gifts-samson.gifts-lionel.gifts-maerhen.gifts-mintz.gifts-loffaru.gifts-lionheart.gifts-zachariah.gifts-yoda.gifts-alfred.gif

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Uh...

That's very odd.

Hm...

Sounds like an exploit to me. Sooks has found the wavedashing of his scoring system. Nothing says he can't try to master it, even if it isn't what the software developers intended. After all, combos in fighting games were long ago an exploit that became a centerpiece of the genre.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I'm still mad they pulled the plug on AC Infinity too "early". Even if by design it was never really gonna be "finished". I never managed to unlock the last mission of the campaign. The unfinished campaign... they should really pick up the story again and make a proper game out of it.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thracia: ~13 (Some of these I'm quite shaky on.)

fin.pngevayle.pngdagdar.pngtrewd.pnghicks.pngparn.pngglade.pngralph.pngxavier.pngconomore.pngamalda.pngmisha.pnggalzus.png

Let's see, barring the ovious ones...

Twede is 28, so no?
Perne is 25, so another no?
Glade is 34 so yes.
Ralph is 30 so yeah.
Amalda is 24 so no.
Misha is 20, so no.

Source

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(But I'm quite iffy on Igraine and Astolfo.)

Igraine has a young daughter who died some undefined time ago, so probably yes. Astolfo is very quite implied to be the father, so... also yes.

I'm only on the second episode of Transformers G1 and i feel like i've watched 10.

Why is everything so fucking fast?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(But I'm quite iffy on Igraine and Astolfo.)

According to their Supports, those two did marry and have a daughter. But their daughter died sometime before the start of the game and the two drifted apart.

Based on that, Igrene and Astolfo definitely count as "mature" based on your definition. Pent and Louise don't tho imo since neither of their children was born during the events of Blazing Blade.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tellius: ~28 (Sigrun was left out because she looks younger than Tanith, but I could be ageist against short hair. Ranulf was left out b/c limbo visually too. Janaff is supposed to be older than Ulki, but looks younger too. Sephiran was excluded too.)

You missed Brom, who admittedly doesn't really look like he's that old but Meg is his daughter who is probably in her mid-teens, give or take. Rhys is definitely too young tho, i wouldn't put him there.

Tellius character ages are in the Tellius Recollection. Check here:

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/07/31/fire-emblem-por-tellius-recollection-scantranslation-compilation-post/
https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/fire-emblem-rd-tellius-recollection-vol-2-scantranslation-compilation-post/

On that subject, Sigrun is one year older than Tanith. Yeah, the short hair is making you think otherwise. The serious/stern look likely isn't helping either.

Edited by Acacia Sgt