Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm guessing the universities kept a record of who needed to "pay eventually", i guess.

Universities seem have to have tried to do a lot of monitoring of things.

Dormitories were invented in part to keep close tabs on students. Principals overseeing the residential halls would be tasked with confiscating weapons from student (no fighting!), keeping women away from the young men (b/c teenagers/early 20s = horny as hell), and making sure lectures were attended and fees paid. Or worse, a student who rents a cheap apartment off-campus and spends all day drinking at bars and goes robbing and murdering at night. Some universities made it mandatory a graduate spend 1-2 years teaching there before they could abandon their alma mater.

Universities tried to regulate booksellers and parchment-makers too. Books had to be of good quality, booksellers had their profit margins capped, bans were placed on hoarding books to create artificial scarcity to drive up the price, a portion of the university grounds were set up as the official book & stationary marketplace, the number of licensed sellers was controlled. The burdens of weekly book-inspections were so onerous, that faculty assigned to the task were free of all other academic obligations for the year.

The Middle Ages were primitive in some ways sure, but academia at least could be sophisticated (well past the late ~1100s when the first universities sprang up, the earlier Dark Ages side of the Middle Ages wasn't as "modern" bureaucratic, or educated for that matter).

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EzfmyJyVoAI-zOC?format=jpg&name=medium

I think that summarizes Xenogears.😆

If there was one think I could tweak, it'd be Fei getting up and throwing that chair, because Disc 2 chucks so much at you so quickly it can be difficult to comprehend it all.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Trs uses an extremely weird version of true hit, because Kaga did everything first. Fairly certian Berwick and the Vestarias ditched the idea and went back to 1RN, though.

Interesting, I couldn't find any info on it. Is the exact formula documented somewhere?

WOW, these really aren’t good elective choices... if I don’t get the ones I want I’m basically screwed. And I’ve already accidentally likely bitten off more than I can chew with my core classes... next year will certainly be interesting, that’s for sure.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Interesting, I couldn't find any info on it. Is the exact formula documented somewhere?

You'll find a technical explanation here (in the "Random Number Generator" section), and a comprehensive graph here.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

It sucks of course that the game is lying about the numbers, but it doesn't distort one's sense of probability like the FE6 approach does because it only comes into play during those single digit hit failure chances where you'd never be surprised about success anyway.
I mean, it never feels weird that a 95% hit attack actually lands, but it feels super weird when you keep having cases where dozens of enemies attack you with a 20% displayed hit chance but don't manage to land a single attack.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dayni has been trying to make me for years.

First, making's a strong word.

Second, I think it's only in the last year it came up. And that was because of me rewatching with the little one.

1 hour ago, Spara said:

I thought you were a man of culture, Ruben.

My disappointment is immeasurable.

And my day is ruined.

How far back did you learn of it? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

x0IOnGV.jpg

Truly this is the cursed timeline.

I wonder if he's been replaced somehow.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You'll find a technical explanation here (in the "Random Number Generator" section), and a comprehensive graph here.

I looked at it before and I'm trying to understand why the RNs in Tearring are set up that way.

The actual numbers themselves I mean, it literally has N/As in the table. I legit don't get the logic.

i709NTN.png

I can't deal with that guy at all lmao. He one-shots my whole army and crits them aside from like, 2.

And only 2 effective weapons i have, which deal like 16 damage....

and he can act twice in a turn

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Here's to hoping Tales of Arise can get the series out of the slump its in.

what slump?

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

How far back did you learn of it? Just curious.

I first watched it as a 3-year-old on the premiere with my dad and older brother. One of my first memories, in fact.

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

I first watched it as a 3-year-old on the premiere with my dad and older brother. One of my first memories, in fact.

Dayum, I am not beating that that's for sure.

I didn't even learn about the show until I was an adult, heard about LoK in 2012, learned there was a show before it and started there.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

what slump?

Tales, despite being Namco's big JRPG franchise, doesn't seem to have crashed like a Sonic 06 situation, but it's in a slow-burn decline, so it seems. It was on skyrocketed in popularity  with Symphonia (the first 3D title) and Abyss back in the first decade of this century. Vesperia did amazing and seems to have been its zenith in popularity, though Symphonia has higher sales.

After Vesperia it was Graces- good gameplay, one dud of a plot and characters, so it's meh overall. Then Xillia, which is a little unusually short by non-portable/spinoff Tales standards, though Milla  Maxwell be a popular character. Xilla 2 was so-so (so I'm told). Zestiria was garbage (so the general consensus goes). And Berseria is good (I think), but the positive reception (aka sales) wasn't spectacular.

The franchise needs a game to hit it unequivocally out of the park again. Tales needs to reclaim its position as AAA JRPG material. 

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

what slump?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tales, despite being Namco's big JRPG franchise, doesn't seem to have crashed like a Sonic 06 situation, but it's in a slow-burn decline, so it seems. It was on skyrocketed in popularity  with Symphonia (the first 3D title) and Abyss back in the first decade of this century. Vesperia did amazing and seems to have been its zenith in popularity, though Symphonia has higher sales.

After Vesperia it was Graces- good gameplay, one dud of a plot and characters, so it's meh overall. Then Xillia, which is a little unusually short by non-portable/spinoff Tales standards, though Milla  Maxwell be a popular character. Xilla 2 was so-so (so I'm told). Zestiria was garbage (so the general consensus goes). And Berseria is good (I think), but the positive reception (aka sales) wasn't spectacular.

This one. Vesperia and Symphonia were peak Tales of games, and after that point, they have been going downhill.

Ah sales wise.

Afaik the reason why Berseria didn't sell so well was because Zestiria was just that bad.

Berseria however is amazing, and from the Trailer it looks like Arise is building up upon it, which i like 😉

Xillia 2 (imo) is the point where the gameplay started to decline a bit. They kinda lost the whole "fun" aspect to me. As in, they threw everything BS on the enemy and not the player, making most boss battles a slog to get through. Xillia 2 being the worst offender here, god is it terrible.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

First, making's a strong word.

Second, I think it's only in the last year it came up. And that was because of me rewatching with the little one.

I'm still going to claim that you're making me.

Truly this is the cursed timeline.

I love it.

I wonder if he's been replaced somehow.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes! I’m not the only one!

2osbwr1g o

Just your ol' pal Reuben here! Hehe.

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i709NTN.png

I can't deal with that guy at all lmao. He one-shots my whole army and crits them aside from like, 2.

And only 2 effective weapons i have, which deal like 16 damage....

and he can act twice in a turn

I hope he's like Chaos and just farts off after beating up the team's dedicated punching bag...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
2osbwr1g o

i dare you to use that as your avi

I hope he's like Chaos and just farts off after beating up the team's dedicated punching bag...

nope, i have to defeat him...

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:
2osbwr1g o

I...

Hm.

That look works too.

------

Tales, eh? I still need to finish Abyss. I was enjoying a good bit more when I went back to give it another go, ngl.

I think I was 11~ when I watched ATLA. I definitely didn’t catch it when it was on, because young.

2osbwr1g o

And his favorite game, Three Houses.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2osbwr1g o

HELP

Zoinks, I missed a lot! What'd I miss?

Also, @Saint Rubenio, you could try Wild Arms, which is supposed to be a really good western-inspired game.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i dare you to use that as your avi

What do you mean? There's no change here. I'm the same Reuben as always!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I...

Hm.

That look works too.

Of course it does, it's just my regular picture!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And his favorite game, Three Houses.

three Homes, very good game. hilda is cute and fuckable, love her forever.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nope, i have to defeat him...

O O F

Best of luck...

Just now, Benice said:

HELP

Zoinks, I missed a lot! What'd I miss?

I am the same Reuben as usual. Nothing has changed here. I still hate everything anime. Yup.

Just now, Benice said:

Also, @Saint Rubenio, you could try Wild Arms, which is supposed to be a really good western-inspired game.

I believe I've heard of that one. Thanks for the mention, anyway.

Edited by Saint Rubenio