• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Into The breach is a great game, everyone should play it. You guys like to complain about RNG, well, this game has almost zero RNG. In fact, pretty much the only RNG there is works in your favor!

But isn't the game brutally difficult? That is what the reviews told me

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, depends. The borders of the map are solid walls, but often you'll find maps with holes that you can throw enemies into... or get thrown into, yourself.

Also, water and lava hazards. Your mechs are big enough that water doesn't kill (though it does leave you unable to attack), and lava works similarly except you take one damage per turn (which is quite a bit, considering most mechs have 3 HP).

Into The breach is a great game, everyone should play it. You guys like to complain about RNG, well, this game has almost zero RNG. In fact, pretty much the only RNG there is works in your favor!

Okay, so not invisible edge of the map yeeting, that's less of a concern.

And yeah, that's on the backlog.

The massive one.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But isn't the game brutally difficult? That is what the reviews told me

I really didn't think so. There's always a way to win, there's no RNG involved that can screw you over and you know what every single enemy will do from the start of the turn. As a result, 99.99% of the time, any screw ups are squarely on the player, for utilizing their resources incorrectly and leaving themselves in a bad spot. The game is very precise, you really need to think your moves through, but it is not unfair at all. Heck, even if you fuck up royally, the one RNG mechanic might just save you sometimes. It's also a roguelike'ish game, encouraging replays due to its short length, randomly generated stages (not without rhyme or reason, though, the game is really tightly designed) and unlockables, so losing isn't really too bad.

So yeah, tl;dr: No, it's not difficult as in, Kaga difficult. Not at all.

So for a change I continued my Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex run. Funny how getting to the final level hub, with all gems obtained so far... and I'm only 50% done, hahaha. Cheeky relics... which I haven't started to collect them yet.

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i love how you had to say that lmao

It may sound unbelievable, but I do, as a matter of fact, appreciate it when strategy games don't go too hard on the RNG.

Unbenannt.PNG

Hmmmmmmm

So Orbment lines are back, but they don't give arts, but Shard skills, whatever that means.

Really don't like the sound of predetermined Arts...

Hope ⬇️

Atleast sounds more interesting that CS system, but reminds me of TX a bit, which was utter shit...

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Riddle quest right after I arrive in a new area, which I barely know.

Why game?

you get one like every chapter in like all Trails games

Well, they weren't that common in the Crossbell games

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I wonder what level of degeneracy it would be if I looked up the answers

*In his superlative singing voice*
Goodbye my taxes, farewell my sweet! I really liked you, and our love was neat...

Edited by Wraith

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cheaters don't prosper, Shucks.

And yet you were able to beat Conquest’s Endgame while I couldn’t.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And yet you were able to beat Conquest’s Endgame while I couldn’t.

...Touché.

I-I mean, I never cheated! I merely utilized the completely legal and officially-approved Time Travel feature of my Nintendo PC! Real cuttin' edge shit. The future is now!

Spoiler

I just got another big sword in this chapter 3 area even though chapter 2 already ended.

Agate confirmed?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Touché.

I-I mean, I never cheated! I merely utilized the completely legal and officially-approved Time Travel feature of my Nintendo PC! Real cuttin' edge shit. The future is now!

You also got to play what you (likely) consider to be the best game ever with it, and very likely never would have been able to do so otherwise..

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You also got to play what you (likely) consider to be the best game ever with it, and very likely never would have been able to do so otherwise..

...Just don't cheat the damn riddle, Sooks.

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just got another big sword in this chapter 3 area even though chapter 2 already ended.

Agate confirmed?

Trails is usually pretty generous (in my experience) with giving you new weapons and gear.