• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

YEEEEAAAH!

@Eltosian Kadath

Just beat Chaos Witch Queelag on my first go without any summons! Wasn't nearly as fun as Gaping Dragon, but still a pretty cool fight. It felt a bit like Sif, except now the boss can place pitfalls.

Both bells are about to be a-ringing!

Ooh! The fortress thing at the Undead Burg is open! But first...Demon Ruins, apparently.

Edited by Benice

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lightcosmo once again proves how right he is about everything.

Wait, wait, wait, I wouldnt go that far... 

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Same, tbh.

*high fives*

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lightcosmo once again proves how right he is about everything.

Some sports are alright. Nothing can be as bad as ADHD, The Sport.

Spoiler

American football.

Oh.

Me: Hello there, that's a nice, non-aggressive giant spider made of magma. I'm just gonna loot a corpse near you and...

Giant Spider: Yes, go on.

Me: [Takes the stuff]

Giant Spider: PREPARE TO DIE!

Good thing I had a homeward bone on me.

Also, I must say, this is a very peaceful ruin.

...I died just after I finished typing that.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Shrimperor said:

DS moment

Have you played it, actually? Just wonderin'.

This sounds really passive-agressive but I don't mean it, my brain is just on battery-saver right now.

Edited by Benice

Just now, Shrimperor said:

nah, but i know about it xD

I see.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Dark Souls...the game whose difficulty will rob you of yours.

I must say, while it certainly isn't EASY... I can't say that it is as hard as the memes say it is so far. I have died a lot, but it's really not that bad. Most of my deaths were me trying to figure out where I could or couldn't reach, even. The game throws you a lot of bones as well, so it's really not that bad. If you get stuck on a tough boss, best boy Solaire or somethin' can always bail you out.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Just beat Chaos Witch Queelag on my first go without any summons! Wasn't nearly as fun as Gaping Dragon, but still a pretty cool fight. It felt a bit like Sif, except now the boss can place pitfalls.

Another one and done, nice! Just make sure to find the bonfire hidden behind the breakable wall...and be careful not to kill the NPC like I did...

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Both bells are about to be a-ringing!

So awaken the Primordial Serpents, and the Path to Anor Londo emerges...

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh.

Me: Hello there, that's a nice, non-aggressive giant spider made of magma. I'm just gonna loot a corpse near you and...

Giant Spider: Yes, go on.

Me: [Takes the stuff]

Giant Spider: PREPARE TO DIE!

You must mean Ceaseless Discharge, and seeing as the armor you got was once from one of his sisters, you can see why he might be angry...Although you probably wont meet what she has become unless you are going for Pyromancy stuff.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I must say, while it certainly isn't EASY... I can't say that it is as hard as the memes say it is so far. I have died a lot, but it's really not that bad. Most of my deaths were me trying to figure out where I could or couldn't reach, even. The game throws you a lot of bones as well, so it's really not that bad. If you get stuck on a tough boss, best boy Solaire or somethin' can always bail you out.

Despite all of the talk about how hard DS is, at its core its a game about learning from your mistakes, trying again, and doing better the next time. Its made for you to learn the game by playing, not really through coaching, hence the old get gud jokes. The important point, is that the game wants you to dust yourself off and try again, and that ends up getting lost in the memes.

29 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Another one and done, nice! Just make sure to find the bonfire hidden behind the breakable wall...

Oops.

29 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

and be careful not to kill the NPC like I did...

Don't worry, I haven't been killin' the grubby guys.

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You must mean Ceaseless Discharge, and seeing as the armor you got was once from one of his sisters, you can see why he might be angry...

I must say, Ceaseless Discharge is possibly one of the worst boss names I've ever heard. I love it.

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

hough you probably wont meet what she has become unless you are going for Pyromancy stuff.

Well, I have dabbled in it, since I chanced upon some bloke in the Depths and wanted to see how spells worked. I currently have four attunement slots as well.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I'm back and vaccinated.

Congrats!

*me* takes over 10 attempts to beat a boss.

*also me* completes it with ease, but the PS4 decided it didnt want to save my data and I have to redo it. 

*also also me* now im struggling with it. 

F