Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

What 3H memes do to a person

Right? How could I be so cruel

Beruka doesn't deserve to marry the shithead.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Claude von Reigan

Ohh right, that one minor character in 3H. I almost forgot about him.

Alright, I have switched to MelonDS after getting tired of DeSmuME’s shenanigans. If it sucks, Armagnac is responsible.

I can upscale the resolution though, which DeSmuME couldn’t, so it’s already probably better.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No wait, Peri. Make him marry Peri. That's even more miserable.

That support is ironically hilarious, remember? Forrest doesn’t deserve it, but it’s so funny.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heh... Well, I can understand that. Ignatius is a handful of a name. Not to mention also the name of a throwaway Awakening boss...

That's probably why it confused first time I heard it.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

With the examples i'm familiar with, not really. Star Wars does make it clear that temptation to the Dark Side is a real thing and it can physically and mentally corrupt even the strongest of Force users (There are Dark Side users who aren't corrupted by their power but they are a rare kind) but that's because Force users are much more sensitive to their emotions and whatnot. Why a regular person would willingly worship the Dark Side is beyond me.

That sounds pretty similar to some of the cults in Fire Emblem. I'll be waiting for the crossover of the century.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What are your settings at?

Whatever the defaults are for everything, all I changed was the resolution and the layout of the screens (one on top of the other looks horrible with them both squished up like that, always go horizontal screens when emulating DS).

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That support is ironically hilarious, remember? Forrest doesn’t deserve it, but it’s so funny.

Yes, well, I think I can go without reading it, thanks a lot. I do intend to hand Azura to him, though... Mostly because I'm probably not going to use Forrest in this run, so I just need him to marry someone for Gazak.

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I tried MelonDS. And encountered visual glitches in the first couple minutes, one of which affected the entire map so…

Oof... Well, I'm not familiar with MelonDS, but the version of Desmume I use also has some issues unless I enable a graphical option called "soft rasterizer." See if you can find such a thing in MelonDS.

38 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That's probably why it confused first time I heard it.

Heh, yeah. The funny thing is, their names in Japanese are nothing alike. They were just both changed to Ignatius for some undiscernible reason. Kinda like Harold was changed to Arthur, even though Harold was free while Arthur was already taken by Genealogy Arthur and arguably Sacred Stones Artur. Localization shenanigans!

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

tfw Genealogy Claud is more memorable than 3H Claude

Genealogy Claud has a staff that can raise the dead and he had a premonition of the biggest plot twist in FE.

3H Claude exists. Barely.

Effective weapon ambush spawns… Again…

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, well, I think I can go without reading it, thanks a lot. I do intend to hand Azura to him, though... Mostly because I'm probably not going to use Forrest in this run, so I just need him to marry someone for Gazak.

I’ve actually posted the funny part of it in this thread twice.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof... Well, I'm not familiar with MelonDS, but the version of Desmume I use also has some issues unless I enable a graphical option called "soft rasterizer." See if you can find such a thing in MelonDS.

MelonDS has already been erased from my computer.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where in the world did you see this ad?

Ah, it's just one of those tabs that appears beneath the google search bar.

I should get to playing Three Houses before E3 comes around just incase they announce something FE related.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

'Morning!

Mornin' mate! How's the sunrise fairing ya?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heh, yeah. The funny thing is, their names in Japanese are nothing alike. They were just both changed to Ignatius for some undiscernible reason. Kinda like Harold was changed to Arthur, even though Harold was free while Arthur was already taken by Genealogy Arthur and arguably Sacred Stones Artur. Localization shenanigans!

With a series that has over 600 characters and even more non-playable characters I have to imagine both the original team and the localization team just forget sometimes.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Mornin' mate! How's the sunrise fairing ya?

I'm doing OK. Nervous for this afternoon, but being nervous is good for performance!

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

’m actually not enjoying fe12 that much, definitely not as much as Shadow Dragon yet. Apart from the prologue, which was cool and unique, every map has been decent, bad, or boring, with half of them falling in one of the latter two-categories (3, 3x, 5, 6x). I mean, I’m still having fun, it is an FE game, but as far as FEs go, there’s better.

A bit of a shame to hear, but it's understandable. To be fair, the early game is often the most boring part of Mystery, both old and new. 3 sucks. 5 is fun to me, but there is that period of a lot of a walking, 6x sucks. 3x is personally pretty neat in my opinion on high difficulties, since it becomes like a puzzle similar to the prologue bits. You might barely have enough time to save Wrys, but its never really unfair. I think the game picks up starting chapter 8 (although there are still a handful of not so great maps).

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 7 was very… okay. I had to burn three uses of the rescue staff to get the thieves I wanted, I hope I don’t need those later

I remember wasting rescues all the time here on my first playthrough. Although most recent strats involve dracoknight Kris, which I don't think you can reclass into. Yeah this chapter is not that great in my opinion. Too much forest with thieves, reinforcements can become a bit of a drag. Hopefully, the game gets better for you from here on out.

2 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I remember wasting rescues all the time here on my first playthrough. Although most recent strats involve dracoknight Kris, which I don't think you can reclass into. Yeah this chapter is not that great in my opinion. Too much forest with thieves, reinforcements can become a bit of a drag. Hopefully, the game gets better for you from here on out.

Sending a flier to the top and leaving them there isn’t really an option due to the two hunters up there. Which is why, after having Caeda kill a thief, I would use rescue on her.

34 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

With a series that has over 600 characters and even more non-playable characters I have to imagine both the original team and the localization team just forget sometimes.

And to think there are some names they've yet to use...

I don't know if to laugh or commend them they haven't used John yet, considering it's generic as heck. Literally the first half of John Doe.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Sending a flier to the top and leaving them there isn’t really an option due to the two hunters up there. Which is why, after having Caeda kill a thief, I would use rescue on her.

Yeah its a but unfair that they put hunters in a map that scream "use fliers". Although I've had Darco Kris survive silver bow hunters on lunatic twice, so I often still considered it a reliable strat. Even Palla can survive steel bows on maniac with a few HP level ups and the defense shard maybe. By the way, have you been placing any units in the cave spots so far?

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

Yeah its a but unfair that they put hunters in a map that scream "use fliers". Although I've had Darco Kris survive silver bow hunters on lunatic twice, so I often still considered it a reliable strat. Even Palla can survive steel bows on maniac with a few HP level ups and the defense shard maybe. By the way, have you been placing any units in the cave spots so far?

I’ve ignored every cave except the one in the last map because a person in a random house said a fire dragon lived there, so I sent Roderick close to it and one spawned and one rounded him that same turn. Then I loaded a save state and forgot about it.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve ignored every cave except the one in the last map because a person in a random house said a fire dragon lived there, so I sent Roderick close to it and one spawned and one rounded him that same turn. Then I loaded a save state and forgot about it.

No big loss. The cave in Chapter 1 housed a Bullion, and the one in Chapter 7 a Physic Staff (plus the Firestone from the dragon). Those are the only caves so far.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No big loss. The cave in Chapter 1 housed a Bullion, and the one in Chapter 7 a Physic Staff (plus the Firestone from the dragon). Those are the only caves so far.

So, the caves always have something good then?