Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Night time Ruben strikes again. I keep leaving Azura in enemy range. She's so useless in this map, seriously... Well, okay, upper Azura is fine, but lower Azura can't sing or heal! So what good is she?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I do love me some Conquest.

Although I haven’t touched lunatic, but it sounds like it’s not that different until the very end. And Conquest Hard is plenty hard anyway.

From my experience? Basically the same game, just with way cooler generics with capped weapon ranks to capture. Until Ryoma. Then it becomes godawful and you're better off downgrading to hard. Okay, maybe that's going a bit too far, but... Well, the difficulty too goes a bit too far, so it's a warranted exaggeration.

I haven’t used it yet since I wanted a break from New Mystery. I just booted it up to see if it was working after the standard DeSmuME gave up twice. Apparently it doesn’t like recruitment, it first gave up when I recruited Roger and then when I recruited Jeorge. And New Mystery is not the game to not like recruiting in.

I did get a really cool glitched version of Together We Ride out of it, though.

Hopefully that doesn't happen in the alternate version.

Oh, so don’t upscale fe12. Okay.

Wouldn't make a difference anyway. The upscaling's noticeable with 3D graphics and this game has none.

I get three more if I’m too lazy to export my save from the old DeSmuME to the new one.

I would hope they're compatible.

I would hope.

Just now, Dayni said:

Ah man, I definitely wouldn't have had that playing SD on my DS.

No wonder you speak in favour of it?

Well, to be fair, I don't think I've ever used the normal Desmume. Or if I did, it was so long ago I no longer remember it. And if what I hear of the Desmume devs is right, I haven't missed out on much.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A joke that brings this to mind.:

game-boy.large.jpg

An original Game Boy that Nintendo keeps on public display in NYC, it survived a blast during the Gulf War in the 90s. Still functioned afterwards.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

And if what I hear of the Desmume devs is right, I haven't missed out on much.

Anything besides them hating pokemon?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think I've ever used the normal Desmume.

Well, it's not like you haven't used similar in other emulators if I remember you saying so.

Also, abnormal desmume?

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

game-boy.large.jpg

An original Game Boy that Nintendo keeps on public display in NYC, it survived a blast during the Gulf War in the 90s. Still functioned afterwards.

Did the speaker survive?

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I know the battle models are ugly enough to look 3D, but they're not, they're sprites.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wouldn't make a difference anyway. The upscaling's noticeable with 3D graphics and this game has none.

How did I play through the entirety of Shadow Dragon and am just now realizing that the battle models are in fact, not models, but sprites?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I would hope they're compatible.

I would hope.

They almost certainly are since they’re both DeSmuME, but I just like the new feel if I’m going to start a new run without having my old first file sitting there, glaring at me.

I’ll use the old save if I want to continue it, assuming this emulator works better.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Did the speaker survive?

From what I recall, yes. That's how they realized it could still run games. The only thing that needed replacement was the display screen, but that more a formality to see it at work, since nowadays it just runs Tetris in demo mode.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Anything besides them hating pokemon?

Absolutely nothing, but you have to admit, that's a pretty dumb move to do when you're making an emulator.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, it's not like you haven't used similar in other emulators if I remember you saying so.

True enough.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

Heh. This still makes me smile, after all this time.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How did I play through the entirety of Shadow Dragon and am just now realizing that the battle models are in fact, not models, but sprites?

I don't blame you for the confusion. They were clearly made to look "modely", but yeah, they're not models. You can tell because when you upscale on x456r, there isn't any obvious improvement to the battle models. And let me tell you, the difference is extremely noticeable, the DS pixelates the heck out of its 3D models.

maxresdefault.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

They almost certainly are since they’re both DeSmuME, but I just like the new feel if I’m going to start a new run without having my old first file sitting there, glaring at me.

I’ll use the old save if I want to continue it, assuming this emulator works better.

Very well.

Actually, I probably should try the old save file, just in case. It really wouldn’t hurt anything, that was dumb reasoning on my part. Sure it feels slightly better for everything to be new, but it’s okay to have two saves with one unfinished. The completionist in me should get used to that (and if I progress significantly and decide to stay that way I can just, y’know, delete the hard mode save if I really want to).

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Man

Sophie's Personal really me think i am playing an H game kek

I thought it was funny.

...Yeah. I know. Ruben is defending fanservice from Shrimpy. What has the world come to.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Man

Sophie's Personal really makes me think i am playing an H game kek

At least the skill describes itself in the context of Sophie being silly/immature since it’s called “Mischievous” and not anything that would imply other intentions on her part.

Just now, Sooks said:

At least the skill describes itself in the context of Sophie being silly/immature since it’s called “Mischievous” and not anything that would imply other intentions on her part.

Iirc the original japanese was that it was her horse, not her kek

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Iirc the original japanese was that it was her horse, not her kek

LOL, yes, Avel is behind Fates’ fan service.

But I’m assuming the skills still works in the Japanese version even if you change her class.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Internal level is the level that's used for exp calculations. 

Before Promotion all units level = internal level.

After promotion it depends on when they promote. Those who promote at lvl 10 will have an iternal level of 15 iirc, while those who promote at 20 will have lvl21 internal after promotion.

So why does it jump from 10 ----> 15 and not 20----> 25?

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So why does it jump from 10 ----> 15 and not 20----> 25?

early promoting needs to have some handicap. The internal level increase ensures early promoted unit gets less exp until the enemies are stronger

40 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

early promoting needs to have some handicap. The internal level increase ensures early promoted unit gets less exp until the enemies are stronger

Ah! That makes sense, then! I hadn't thought of it like that! Thank you for the explanation!

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And to think there are some names they've yet to use...

I don't know if to laugh or commend them they haven't used John yet, considering it's generic as heck. Literally the first half of John Doe.

Well if they can have a Henry, they can have a John as well.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

They almost certainly are since they’re both DeSmuME,

So, guys, funny story.

The most recent DeSmuME uses saves in the .dsv format, while practically every other DS emulator, including older version of DeSmuME, apparently uses .sav. Now, that’s actually not a problem, because the thought DeSmuME devs built into the program a way to export your save files as .sav instead!

Except, when I try to import that save (which it does recognize) onto the DeSmuME that actually works™, I get a message that says something along the lines of ”Save data size cannot reliably be determined” and a couple options from there, but none of them work. Pressing okay with any of them just reloads the emulator, but with no save data there. So, I guess that’s more of an excuse to restart? Assuming this emulator does actually work better, which I hope it does.