Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20211128_215524.jpg

I spent 30 minutes fighting this superboss only to lose.

Ouch.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Memory card was uncentered somehow so I had to open up the system and reposition it.

Which was a success! And so my first ever Nintendo console stays alive once more.

Good job!

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Well, I wasn't great, but at least I didn't crash the entire orchestra in one of the pieces this time!

Good, it shows you're more comfortable in that context.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Display method -> Direct 3D was the option. Not sure what it does exactly, but not having it is bad.

Ah yes, the essential feature you have no idea about but if it isn't there it all breaks.

That's applications for you.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the problem with making a character's personality "my horse" in a game with reclassing.

It doesn't have to mean they can't still be taking care of the mount while outside combat, but yeah I just remember this for some of them.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's OUR funny number now.

As it has always been.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I use Desmume x456r. Pick it up here if you wish.

>Windows only

>Long time since it got updates

Of course it is. Ah well. I can see if I can get it to work besides but I won't lose sleep over it.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

There's a "post your favorite and least favorite thing about Kaga" thread in the subreddit.

The amount of mentions to Kaga's fetishes in the "least favorite" category is hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ah yes, the essential feature you have no idea about but if it isn't there it all breaks.

That's applications for you.

Stupid technology.

It doesn't have to mean they can't still be taking care of the mount while outside combat, but yeah I just remember this for some of them.

Minerva felt the Takumi pain.

>Windows only

Oh yeah, you don't use Windows. Sorry, forgot. Again.

>Long time since it got updates

It still works like a charm, but... Well, again, Windows only. Oof. Maybe see if MelonDS is on your OS? I hear that one also has upscaling.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, how's the emulator? Any better after all?

It crashed/froze a total of 0 times throughout the prologue, so yes. The only issue is the screen sometimes flashing black at the beginning and end of battle animations for like, half a second, but that’s better than killing my laptop every half hour.

43 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Est is so much worse than Cain for prologue 8 it hurts

Guess what I did this time, knowing that Katarina is actually the villain.

I mean, what can I say, Est is bEst. She didn’t feel horrible in prologue 8 though.

All right, beat the Gunter map.

I don't know how to feel about the fact that I've got like, all of the kids in the backburner and I'm already checking the growths of generic sorcerers to see if the ones in Shura's map would make for good mainstays.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It crashed/froze a total of 0 times throughout the prologue, so yes. The only issue is the screen sometimes flashing black at the beginning and end of battle animations for like, half a second, but that’s better than killing my laptop every half hour.

What do you mean, "flashing black"? That's something that happens in the regular game, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Guess what I did this time, knowing that Katarina is actually the villain.

O O F

I mean, what can I say, Est is bEst. She didn’t feel horrible in prologue 8 though.

She gets shot down by the hunters and has less defense than Cain. She's not awful, but she's so much worse than Cain. Though I guess if you feed her the entire prologue 8 enemy army it's possible she won't be as awful when she comes back?

Hah!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What do you mean, "flashing black"? That's something that happens in the regular game, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Oh, that’s right, it usually fades to black to transition, doesn’t it?

It doesn’t do that slow fade here, though, the entire screen will go black at once for half a second then cut to the battle, and only sometimes. I mean, if that’s supposed to happen, then that just means the DeSmuME I used before worked even less than I thought it did.

Either way, this one does seem to be better, so thank you.

She gets shot down by the hunters and has less defense than Cain. She's not awful, but she's so much worse than Cain. Though I guess if you feed her the entire prologue 8 enemy army it's possible she won't be as awful when she comes back?

I only gave her a couple kills, I was too busy barely not dying to give her anything else.

Leo in Ghostly Gold: "The next person to call me "grouchy pants" will suffer. Inconsiderate fools!"

Also Leo: "Y O U ' R E   A   D I S G R A C E"

But no, yeah, you're right, everyone else is the inconsiderate fools.

This fucking guy, I swear. Marry Felicia already so I can never see you again.

Just now, Sooks said:

Oh, that’s right, it usually fades to black to transition, doesn’t it?

Yeah.

Just now, Sooks said:

It doesn’t do that slow fade here, though, the entire screen will go black at once for half a second then cut to the battle, and only sometimes. I mean, if that’s supposed to happen, then that just means the DeSmuME I used before worked even less than I thought it did.

That does sound a bit weird. There's supposed to be a smooth transition. Oh well. Tiny bug. Incidentally, is direct 3D enabled in display method? That caused some issues on my end.

Just now, Sooks said:

Either way, this one does seem to be better, so thank you.

Excellent. Glad to have been helpful!

Just now, Sooks said:

I only gave her a couple kills, I was too busy barely not dying to give her anything else.

Yeah, that's the problem. This isn't a "training" map, it's a "barely scrape by" map. Est is better at the former, Cain is better at the latter.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Leo in Ghostly Gold: "The next person to call me "grouchy pants" will suffer. Inconsiderate fools!"

Also Leo: "Y O U ' R E   A   D I S G R A C E"

But no, yeah, you're right, everyone else is the inconsiderate fools.

This fucking guy, I swear. Marry Felicia already so I can never see you again.

To play devil's advocate, he does actually show an improved attitude and in his C support shows interest in Forrest's work without being a dick about it. He listens sincerely to Forrest explaining why he got into dressmaking and it actually is a good support.

It's a start is all I'll say, frankly the fact we have someone in that role be confronted with his shit attitude and change for the better's not a bad thing. Leo's still not a great character, but I can live and let live on the balance of it.

(You made me defend a Fates support, I'll kill you!)

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

To play devil's advocate, he does actually show an improved attitude and in his C support shows interest in Forrest's work without being a dick about it. He listens sincerely to Forrest explaining why he got into dressmaking and it actually is a good support.

Oh. Well, that's nice, I guess.

...Did they really have to make him hesitate to rescue his son from brigands, though? The disgrace part is what I like to make fun of him for, but I wouldn't mind it as much if the guy hadn't refused to rescue Forrest from fuckin' slavers and had to be dragged there by Elise.

It's a start is all I'll say, frankly the fact we have someone in that role be confronted with his shit attitude and change for the better's not a bad thing. Leo's still not a great character, but I can live and let live on the balance of it.

I mean, to his credit, he may be a huge dick, but at least he's a better character than Mr. Furrowed Brow, Ms. Psychopath Sister Who Is Horny and Loli. A bit better, at least.

(You made me defend a Fates support, I'll kill you!)

Join the dark side Dayni

Edited by Saint Rubenio

...Did they really have to make him hesitate to rescue his son from brigands, though? The disgrace part is what I like to make fun of him for, but I wouldn't mind it as much if the guy hadn't refused to rescue Forrest from fuckin' slavers and had to be dragged there by Elise.

That is the point; it is apparent how intolerant he's being and Elise calls him out for it, which is a narratively a good thing.

(Elise best Nohr noble, I rest my case)

I would also add that Forrest is too pure for this world as he's all too willing to let bygones be bygones after all that. And all I said ignores the context of the deeprealms, partly as that isn't unique to Leo but also because imagine how that must have been for Forrest, asking if Leo will ever come back after he decided to keep on the dress or how he must have been told off for getting into dressmaking or haberdashery.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Join the dark side Dayni

Or I just become a grey Jedi and accept that a black and white viewpoint is too simplistic while also not letting myself be fully swung into accepting Anankos into my heart.

(See: what happened when Garon did that)

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Or I just become a grey Jedi and accept that a black and white viewpoint is too simplistic while also not letting myself be fully swung into accepting Anankos into my heart.

I don’t know, Garon did become pretty grey after accepting Anankos.

Ohhh I have a free slot in Shura's map! Ignatius time. We're stronger now. We can do it.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That is the point; it is apparent how intolerant he's being and Elise calls him out for it, which is a narratively a good thing.

Fates... well written?!

Impossible!

I'll probably still make fun of him, though.

I really liked Elise when she was getting murdered by Xander.

I would also add that Forrest is too pure for this world as he's all too willing to let bygones be bygones after all that. And all I said ignores the context of the deeprealms, partly as that isn't unique to Leo but also because imagine how that must have been for Forrest, asking if Leo will ever come back after he decided to keep on the dress or how he must have been told off for getting into dressmaking or haberdashery.

We don't deserve Forrest. Leo least of all.

"Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Scarlet the Rebel? I thought not. It's not a legend the Hoshidans would tell you. It's a Seed legend."

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know, Garon did become pretty grey after accepting Anankos.

I was about to say that.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Someone had to say it.

The grey Jedi didn't look like that however, unlike a certain Sith Lord.

Funny how the greyest character is also the sithest of siths.

There we go. Iggy got. I'll make him a Nohr Noble so I actually use the class for once. I think I'll play Shura's map, then play Kaze's paralogue afterwards and grab Midori for the final free slot. That'll be the team for this run. Which... I guess officially means I'm going without Azura. That's okay, it'll be an experience.

44 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Elise best fates character, unironically

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The amount of mentions to Kaga's fetishes in the "least favorite" category is hilarious

smh kinkshaming

Maybe I'll give Nichol the boot soon. I love him, but he gains experience at the same rate Benny gains speed.

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Elise best fates character, unironically

Why is everyone wrong except me?

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

smh kinkshaming

I know right? It's not like we've criticized him for it or anything.

I just spent 20k on bows because Niles finally showed up in the armoury.

I got issues.

But man did I need more bows.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why is everyone wrong except me?

You stand alone, with all the thoughts of teehee in against you.

Then you are lost!

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Scarlet the Rebel? I thought not. It's not a legend the Hoshidans would tell you. It's a Seed legend."

When you know enough about Final Fantasy that this sentence makes no sense there

Seed? Why that-

Oh. I got it.

#Lettheseedsprout

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Felicia best Fates character, but I also quite like Sakura and Elise.

Yeah Felicia is quite endearing, and Sakura and Elise seem like the only royals who go against the ''status'' quo, so to say.

Elise was the only one to go against Garon, not only in Conquest where she helps Corncob, but also by helping commoners and getting to know better as seen in Birthright, and not only just thinking war war war.

Sakura has the whole meek girl growing into a curagous one, which is likeable. Also the only one who didn't Corn before hand and running after his shadow like the other 3

Edited by Father Shrimpas

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20211129_085753.jpg

Firis drinking with her """""""""best friend"""""""" Ilmeria.

Yeah Sophie and Firis really are the only Atelier protags to have been seen drinking huh.

More drinking characters I say! More!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I just spent 20k on bows because Niles finally showed up in the armoury.

I got issues.

But man did I need more bows.

That many bows, though?

You stand alone, with all the thoughts of teehee in against you.

Then you are lost!

From my point of view the Teehee are evil!

Seed? Why that-

Oh. I got it.

#Lettheseedsprout

Ahahahahahahaha

Come now, it was very easy to get that one. I repeat the line about as much as Garon does.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Yeah Felicia is quite endearing, and Sakura and Elise seem like the only royals who go against the ''status'' quo, so to say.

Elise was the only one to go against Garon, not only in Conquest where she helps Corncob, but also by helping commoners and getting to know better as seen in Birthright, and not only just thinking war war war.

I probably wouldn't mind her if it wasn't for the constant panty shots. She's just a generic anime girl that is peppy and energetic, the kind of character that usually I forget even exists. As it is, though, she's been reduced to "wow they actually went and sexualized THAT" in my mind. Unfortunate, but it is what it is. I know, I don't hold Nyx to the same standard, but Nyx is at least an interesting character concept.

Sakura has the whole meek girl growing into a curagous one, which is likeable. Also the only one who didn't Corn before hand and running after his shadow like the other 3

Case in point, Sakura is Elise but her trope is "meek girl" instead of "chipper girl", and more importantly, without the panty shots. As such, I hold no strong feelings for her. She's just kinda there. Pretty unmemorable, if you ask me.

But then, I'm not the best person to ask about the Fates royals. The only one I like is Hinoka, and that's only because she has a rad design and Setsuna. All the others are different degrees of "yeah you can die, it's all right."

Edited by Saint Rubenio