Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, so a fan of Yayoi.

A5egungc o

This Yayoi, of course. What did you think I was talking about?

Should I bring up the conversaion that Yayoi sparked?

All right so

@Father Shrimpas

Flaw 1: ESC brings up a prompt to close the game. At least it doesn't just shut it down instantly like Vestaria, but it's still annoying. I feel the instinct to exit menus with ESC, but instead I have to go through an additional menu.

This flaw brings the game from a starting mark of 10/10 to 9/10.

Flaw 2: The game did not download at least 3 terabytes of pure, distilled goodliness into my brain 3 seconds after start-up. That's an 8/10.

We'll see what this looks like 50 hours from now.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So Nina, basically.

Oh yeah, almost forgot that's Nina's character lol.

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Should I bring up the conversaion that Yayoi sparked?

No. Please refrain from doing so.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No. Please refrain from doing so.

Play Yakuza Kiwami or finish 0 and I'll consider it

Ah yes, the Hot Spring. The most useful castle structure.

...Does it actually have a use outside of giving you a free unit at level 3?

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Big Terraria post today. Mostly because of the images.

Pylon 3 is done. I'd say "finally", but it happened a few hours back.

Pylon 3 is the ugliest thing in the world, but I was completely done at this point. Basic houses, the slimmest excuse for a fitting theme for the two NPCs, and an ugly glass done to keep any tortoises from spawning inside. The wall-ignoring plants are enough of an issue, I don't need more problems with this stupid biome.

...Imagine my face when it turned out, the painter lives just a few blocks too far from the Dryad, fails to detect her presence and refuses to sell me a pylon. At that point I just gave up, built a tiny room in the Dryad's house, bought the pylon and promptly demolished it. Fuck these two, seriously.

By comparison...

Pylon 4 was a piece of cake. During one of my trips to the jungle pylon site, I randomly remembered that I had a flying bee mount. So, just to break the monotony, I used it to check out the skies. I was lucky enough to find two sky islands close together between the ocean and the jungle. One had a skyware house, the other a lake to fish in. So I just extended the pre-existing skyware house to have a second floor, got the forest pylon that I had no idea what to use for anyway, built a classic teleporter to the fishing island, and there we go. Easy peasy, so nice after the headache that was the jungle.

Oh, and there was zero practical need for it, but just for fun...

I built this castle for the tax collector. I'd say it suits him. Snow biome and merchant prisoner tenant also max out his happiness, so he'll be a bit more effective than usual.

Making some great progress! I like to see it.

Now all you need is a Gem Tree farm.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Flaw 2: The game did not download at least 3 terabytes of pure, distilled goodliness into my brain 3 seconds after start-up. That's an 8/10.

What manages to do that?

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Characters hang out there and respond to Corrin walking in.

So no.

Ahahahahahahaha

Okay, I've been reading this for like 2 minutes and already I can tell I'm gonna like Okabe.

When can I kill the imouto-desu though.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Izana.

I know, you already said it. But Izana is so epic that he counts for two upsides.

Making some great progress! I like to see it.

Thanks. I like to see it too. The jungle pylon was super annoying.

Now all you need is a Gem Tree farm.

Never been much for farms in these games. By these games, I mean Minecraft and Terraria. But we'll see.

Just now, Dayni said:

What manages to do that?

Need you even ask?

...Berwick Saga. It's Berwick Saga.

Though, to its credit, Fates didn't take too long before introducing Garon!

13 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

Ohoho 👀

We are in desperate need of the bonking police:

On 12/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, Dayni said:

Kill Takumi with Yaoi.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:16 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now now, killing someone with yaoi is probably in all likelihood nonconsensual, and therefore not truly worthy of the name, call it what it really is- rape. Or a serious eyes-gouging brain bleach moment, depending on how you exactly you intend to kill, you have options in Takumi's case.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Takumi is already a corpse by the time he is fought in Endgame. Therefore it isn't rape. It's necrophilia instead.

...I know, not much of an improvement...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Izana.

I know, you already said it. But Izana is so epic that he counts for two upsides.

Hahaha! Fair point indeed.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Characters hang out there and respond to Corrin walking in.

So no.

...Ah.

Funny story. My first time playing Conquest (Which was my first time playing Fire Emblem in general) was mostly done at a summer retreat I went to up in the mountains, a nature grove that was most famous for it's natural hot springs. I vividly remember thinking how cool it was that I had a hot spring to visit in real life and a hot spring to visit in my first Fire Emblem.

Why is Mayuri here. I don't even mean that in an asshole "haha I wanna remove the cute girl character" way. I'm completely serious. Why is she here? Why did I bring her along? And what am I doing here, for that matter? Game, explain yourself already!

Anyway, Okabe is a pompous dickhead. I already love him.

Hahaha! Fair point indeed.

He's top tier. You see, his hair stat is the highest of any unit.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

...Ah.

Funny story. My first time playing Conquest (Which was my first time playing Fire Emblem in general) was mostly done at a summer retreat I went to up in the mountains, a nature grove that was most famous for it's natural hot springs. I vividly remember thinking how cool it was that I had a hot spring to visit in real life and a hot spring to visit in my first Fire Emblem.

Imagine visiting the two hot springs at the same time. How cool is that?

DAMMIT SUZURAN YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KILL THE CAPTURE TARGET

I ONLY MADE THE CALL TO USE IRON RATHER THAN RISK THE MISS FUCK

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Need you even ask?

...Berwick Saga. It's Berwick Saga.

It's less that 5 GB checkmate atheists

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Can't imagine what that would have been like, hot springs never really feature on any trips I've been on.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Teehee becoming rotten to the core

or have we always been that way?

Is it in human nature to corrupt itself, thus the formation of such a defiled place is inevitable?

1 minute ago, Benice said:

We still only discuss loli politics once a month, we could be worse.

Oh doggammit Benice, now I'm imagining anime women in suits on election posters.

Thanks, I hate it.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's top tier. You see, his hair stat is the highest of any unit.

Definitely one of my favorite characters of Fates.

...Not that there's much competition.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Imagine visiting the two hot springs at the same time. How cool is that?

Hahaha! Oh now I wish I did something like that. Just fuckin' bring the 3DS with me into the hot spring just so I can go into the game hot spring at the same time.

The place has since burnt down so Fates in general is a nice memento to the place and it's community to me.

I think Okabe just got a virus on his phone.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's less that 5 GB checkmate atheists

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Definitely one of my favorite characters of Fates.

...Not that there's much competition.

Same. Him and Shura are two of my favs. Too bad about the Corrinsexuality, but... eh.

Hahaha! Oh now I wish I did something like that. Just fuckin' bring the 3DS with me into the hot spring just so I can go into the game hot spring at the same time.

It would've made for a nice meme.

The place has since burnt down so Fates in general is a nice memento to the place and it's community to me.

Awww. Shame about the place... Sounds like it was nice.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Same. Him and Shura are two of my favs. Too bad about the Corrinsexuality, but... eh.

Conceptually I really like Setsuna and Azuma, I wish they were handled better.

Wont stop me from marrying one of them though.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awww. Shame about the place... Sounds like it was nice.

It's been under repair for quite a while so there's hope for the future.

25 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Can't imagine what that would have been like, hot springs never really feature on any trips I've been on.

It's amazing, especially natural hot springs.

31 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh doggammit Benice, now I'm imagining anime women in suits on election posters.

Thanks, I hate it.

And then the Brightbow Party running against them

All right, so that's the prologue of Steins;Gate finished. I must say, really nice of them to make a prologue that lasts less than two hours. Lets you get a taste of things before the refund period is up.

I must say, I was not expecting this. The way people were talking about how the first 30 hours are so boring and shit, I thought this'd be your typical anime funneh shenanigans to "establish characters" before it gets edgy. The entire prologue I was expecting the punchline for the predictable "haha MC pretends that he's doing some serious stuff but really he's just a nerd with delusions of grandeur" gag. Except, it never happened. I liked that.

...Though I must say, I find it rather astounding how the game managed to tell me absolutely nothing over the course of 90 minutes. Like, seriously. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, this isn't Ruben being angry that the game takes too long again. I'm just genuinely impressed. The prologue showed me some interesting events while giving me not even a tiny shred of real, tangible information. Wow. Literally all I know is that Okabe is a moron.

I cannot share any more first impressions, as I have nothing but mountains upon mountains of confusion. Two theories, though. In spoilers for... no particular reason, I mean, I have no idea if this is true or not. But well, if anyone else is considering S;G, you might want to avoid opening this. It may only spoil the prologue, but the prologue gets pretty bonkers already.

Spoiler

1. Between the intro speech and the timing of the email, I'm fairly certain the message Okabe received was not, in fact, a phishing attempt that he fell for like a dumbass, but rather a warning from himself of the future. It went wrong somehow and the video file was corrupted, so Okabe was unable to change the past.

Still, what the hell was that all about? He gets the shaddiest email ever and he just hops right on the attached file? What is he, a grandma? Heck, my grandma isn't nearly as gullible! Occassionally she gets shady emails and she always makes a point to call my mom and ask before she does anything!

2. That scream did not sound like a woman, much less one with a rather high-pitched voice like Kurisu. Actually, it sounded kinda like Okabe himself. Huh.

So uh, yeah. More later. @Father Shrimpas Do laugh at how off the mark I am.

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Conceptually I really like Setsuna and Azuma, I wish they were handled better.

Wont stop me from marrying one of them though.

Setsuna was my favorite from my Birthright run. Those voice lines of hers won me over really quickly.

That, and...

Epvgpx2v o

She grew like a badass for me.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Ü

Welcome to the ride

El

Psy

Kongroo

I have no idea if this has some actual relevance. The "el" tells me it's Japan thinking Spanish is some sort of obscure, backwater language that they can totally use to sound weird if they need to. But I'm hoping this game will be smarter than that.

...Heck, what even is a Steins Gate anyway...