Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Because in classic Ys, one level below the boss has you getting curbstomped, one level above has you curbstomping it.

That and also Inti Creates does have methods to ensure a more casual audience can enjoy these games.

You could say the one level big difference is so that Casuals can enjoy it as well, especially with how fast you can grind if needed.

With no grind you will usually be at same lecel as boss, the "intended" difficulty

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Best wishes to you, mate. Stay safe and found out what caused it. We're always here for support if you need it.

Thank you! That means alot!

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

the "intended" difficulty

Words that spell disaster. Xd

Bad game. The mathematician and the mad scientist don't have a support.

141-capture_354_13052012_231151.png

I mean, look at her. Sure, she's not... well, this, but she still looks like she disemboweled a few critters in her childhood. Surely those two would be a match made in heaven, but no, instead she just randomly has an A with the card player.

Ah, well. I have discovered that one of the characters I haven't yet recruited offers the ability to interview people at the castle. The only purpose this serves is to get to know your characters better, which of course is a wonderful thing to have. Maybe when I get that girl, I'll find out what's the deal between those two. Though honestly, I just want to give Deke more screentime.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

So I suppose in that case the red pencil was not always red.

I mean, she does use it to stab enemies. Quite ineffectively, but she tries.

You know, when the protagonist is jailed in a fantasy game, it is most common for their allies to rescue them in the form of a daring prison break. Or at the very least, a stealthy prison break.

Instead, my army has hired a lawyer.

I love this game.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

h5co7RoMxglFZqQUCQEp7Qj452oa6kvOXDSlFihxXWmA01FRSAOMMRw0wO7bT8wbJKxSovt4XfijIkLEdmXZ_S1UjtONc775oxMw7Amv0FnC_LDk7PCl4JQBjhUysQsJLTPFAu1mwE4HpdsIUw

+5% combat bonus per trade route? That's pretty crazy, even with internal trade routes being as powerful as they are. The rest of the civ seems fairly balanced, with the unique unit even being pretty bad (unless you use some mod that separates Great Merchant cost from scientists and engineers), but the ability to get a universal +20% bonus to all combat units quite early seems nuts.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, when the protagonist is jailed in a fantasy game, it is most common for their allies to rescue them in the form of a daring prison break. Or at the very least, a stealthy prison break.

Instead, my army has hired a lawyer.

I love this game.

Desperate times require desperate measures.

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Anna is gonna make you rich through the blockchain.

I downloaded quite a few Fire Emblem mods. I have no idea if it'll work, it might just crash on me but if it does work and I can get decently far I'll keep you guys updated on the great Anna empire.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

+5% combat bonus per trade route? That's pretty crazy, even with internal trade routes being as powerful as they are. The rest of the civ seems fairly balanced, with the unique unit even being pretty bad (unless you use some mod that separates Great Merchant cost from scientists and engineers), but the ability to get a universal +20% bonus to all combat units quite early seems nuts.

Oh god it's been too long since I've played Civ 5, I barely know the meta anymore.

But yes but that's the fun thing about civ mods, they're almost never well balanced and it creates some really chaotic games.

----

Oh! @Saint RubenioĀ I have a question for you, mate. Something I've always wanted to ask of someone from Spain.

How well can you understand the lyrics of this song?

Ā 

This game's experience system is so pleasant. Rather than enemies granting set experience, the experience gains are exponential based on the enemy's level and your own. So when the game's plot forces me to use the kid that I benched in hour 2 of the game, all I had to do was win one battle and he gained the 27 levels he needed to just about catch up. Conversely, I don't have to worry about overlevelling from too much combat, because enemies start granting next to no experience if your level surpasses theirs. Great stuff.

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh! @Saint RubenioĀ I have a question for you, mate. Something I've always wanted to ask of someone from Spain.

How well can you understand the lyrics of this song?

Ā 

Ehhh... At parts. Some of it is rather clear, yes.

I'll admit that I may not be the best person to ask, though. I've always had some difficulty understanding lyrics in songs.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

ITE8qhe-D4QTVFbrzQ9fxxrO6ynmhL_uOqdDmRCTGlbps7p-lps1bx7UqrpW5Hi5UWs-zWsXX1pBY2Cy0ZxJRQkhLhjsUUjMHd2pKG6ph6pABSsB5QjCV7wePmAocBSstibDADXy

Oh thank god.

cxlAM6JcWQPhWc0e7iSegRSD-ahCIRrDLGg49PBHgvksdfOV44wNZgTJFR-RBn_yA8RxZRWSiP-ZsmDzsaQpsp749Cco08z-7Vic6dz_P0Hf1Xt3yzNl8vJ_Nwu7gzR91aUOBhNRImTX4ntIwA

So here we are, settling the great city of "Anna's shop" with her theme playing in the background. A decent start as any.

Now I did pre-pick all the Civilizations that will appear in this game, I had to since I wanted each civ to be Fire Emblem related. So I know who to expect but when and where is a mystery.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ehhh... At parts. Some of it is rather clear, yes.

I'll admit that I may not be the best person to ask, though. I've always had some difficulty understanding lyrics in songs.

Interesting. The song is in Occitan, a dying language closely related to French and Spanish so I was curious on how well you'dĀ understand some parts.

The lawyer failed because the court was corrupt as fuck, and then we obviously murdered our way out, because this is still a JRPG. But hey, I appreciate the effort. They gave Beau a chance to save the day by talking - even waited for the verdict to be handed down before proceeding to commit crimes. Well done, everyone.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Ā 

What a positively bizarre line-up. I like it.

I don't recognize the redhead in front of Dolph and the brunette in front of him (she looks like Julia, but those aren't Julia's colors...). Who are they?

Either way, the important part is of course that this piece acknowledges the massive stache stat of Boulder. Could solo games with that stache, this man.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Interesting. The song is in Occitan, a dying language closely related to French and Spanish so I was curious on how well you'dĀ understand some parts.

It definitely had a Spanish-ish ring to it. For a second I thought it was Catalan, but it didn't really sound like that either. Of course, as it turns out, the language is spoken in a tiny portion at the very north of CataluƱa, so I guess I wasn't so far off the mark, haha.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't recognize the redhead in front of Dolph and the brunette in front of him (she looks like Julia, but those aren't Julia's colors...). Who are they?

Zeiss and Mana.

Apparently those are the characters that didn't get any cipher art.
So good for them.

So as I was exploring I noticed a very troubling thing.

4R2bbV0MISUT3V3x6Pg9gFlmZwXy_Jo79Y0ZR3RQDviM1A5Qz4bQ5c6JV_tokk168CdzCmFgfi4hA5heTCF3AY2gwUnhHy5Ka6hLJKp7N2yjaUpJTUlqjsZhhRfa00ygloKoJYog2JBvivRzfg

I'm on in island with no trading partners.

But I shall persevere nonetheless.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It definitely had a Spanish-ish ring to it. For a second I thought it was Catalan, but it didn't really sound like that either. Of course, as it turns out, the language is spoken in a tiny portion at the very north of CataluƱa, so I guess I wasn't so far off the mark, haha.

Aye. Those of us don't see it but Spain is a very diverse country with unique languages and thousands year history of splitting up and uniting.

Though most Americans just see it as European Mexico.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Zeiss and Mana.

Mana happened to be one of the few substitutes I didn't get, and I've never cared much for Zeiss. Makes sense I wouldn't recognize either if them.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Apparently those are the characters that didn't get any cipher art.
So good for them.

At least they got artwork. Let's have a fanart of the artworkless, featuring the non-Malice BSFEers and 80% of the cast of Three Houses.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

So as I was exploring I noticed a very troubling thing.

4R2bbV0MISUT3V3x6Pg9gFlmZwXy_Jo79Y0ZR3RQDviM1A5Qz4bQ5c6JV_tokk168CdzCmFgfi4hA5heTCF3AY2gwUnhHy5Ka6hLJKp7N2yjaUpJTUlqjsZhhRfa00ygloKoJYog2JBvivRzfg

I'm on in island with no trading partners.

Of course, this is one of those secret shops that's extra hard to reach for no reason. As if the invisibility didn't make them enough of a guide-or-bust thing.

...Man, I know they used to be a series staple, but when you stop to think about it.... It's a really dumb mechanic.

Aye. Those of us don't see it but Spain is a very diverse country with unique languages and thousands year history of splitting up and uniting.

Yeah, each region of Spain has surprising cultural differences. Not like whole different worlds, but each has its own quirks.

Y'know, the ones that aren't suffering from a massive population decline problem because the big shots only care about Madrid and two other provinces here and there.

Though most Americans just see it as European Mexico.

Now now, let's be fair. Some of 'em get just a bit closer by thinking that all of Spain is Andalucia!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You suck, burgerboy.

That's a bad thing how?

I suck down burritos. I don't think anyone has ever made a killing overseas with a Spanish restaurant.

Well, that depends on how much cocaine you want. Fentanyl is pretty sketch though, we should probably stop letting that over the border.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I suck down burritos. I don't think anyone has ever made a killing overseas with a Spanish restaurant.

Eh, possibly. I don't know, and frankly I don't care. I'm a simple guy. I eat food, I like food, therefore Spanish food good.

Not our desserts, though. There's where we truly suck. The French are far better than us at that. Though we make killer spoon dishes. Vegetable soups are an entire genre overhere.

Well, that depends on how much cocaine you want.

None.

None is the amount of cocaine I want.

8 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Fentanyl is pretty sketch though, we should probably stop letting that over the border.

You could always resort to the American solution: shoot the Fentanyl.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You know, in the last 22 years there's been a lot of breaking into prisons, but not a lot of breaking out of prisons.

Characters be like "if Leif walks out before us, we will disintegrate. Them's the rules."

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Characters be like "if Leif walks out before us, we will disintegrate. Them's the rules."

They don't disintegrate. They just end up in the chapter 21x prison.

Fortunately Berwick Saga added an actual PoW exchange system.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

They don't disintegrate. They just end up in the chapter 21x prison.

I can't believe I forgot about that.

That's still pretty silly, though. What, does Leif fart out a legion of enemies when he walks out that proceed to overwhelm and knock down every unit left on the map?

I'm just glad the got rid of that in his future escape maps.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Fortunately Berwick Saga added an actual PoW exchange system.

Berwick Saga did everything right.

Well, almost. They could've given ReeseĀ  a heart.