• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

All this age talk is just making me feel incredibly old...

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

When/If I move out, the part I'm most worried about is being alone.

You are way too young to be acting like you will be forever alone (unless these are all cute jokes about being aromantic/asexual...).

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You are way too young to be acting like you will be forever alone

Only time shall tell, I suppose!

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

What's governor's school?

This thing some U.S. states do that’s learning math and science at an “accelerated” level in a separate building.

....our system doesn’t do a very good job at making you not feel like your worth as a person isn’t tied to the number value of your grades or achievement in schools.....

Just now, Benice said:

Only time shall tell, I suppose!

Your country is full of nice people, you’re playing on easy mode. 😛

I mean, it's far from my only concern, but it's something I've thought about.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, at least you're nice. And probably have better grades than me.

Acting like you're not a nice person. *tsk tsk*

My grades aren't anything great, tbh.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You use big-ish words instead of emojis, emoticons, slang, or even abbreviations.

I imagined this would be it, haha. I already explained the reason in a prior post.

I mean, despite me saying that, i like my freedom very much, and i notice it while visiting my parents that i kinda miss it a bit

Ideal would be if a live near them, but not with them, so to say.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This thing some U.S. states do that’s learning math and science at an “accelerated” level in a separate building.

Ah. That does make sense, actually.

....our system doesn’t do a very good job at making you not feel like your worth as a person isn’t tied to the number value of your grades or achievement in schools.....

Yeah, that is a drawback. Our school system tried this thing where you were graded based on competency rather than results...But everyone hated it, because the grades were completely arbitrary. THE TEACHERS HAD US WRITE OUR OWN REPORT CARDS AND DIDN'T GRADE OUR ASSIGNMENTS AND DIDN'T GIVE ANY FEEDBACKSOIHAVENOIDEAHOWWELLIDIDTHATYEARBECAUSE-

*AHem*

Which is to say...

I actually don't remember what my point was.

I’m afraid of not achieving much and being 100% sure that most others are in fact superior to me.

FAKE NEWS

I might restart on the sims 4 because I regret wasting away my sim’s younger age. Ah the joys of virtual life...

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

stop knocking yourself down, young man!

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

FAKE NEWS

All you have to do is count how many extracurricular things people have done or that they’re good at and how many “better” classes they’re in and then compare that to me to see that I’m not that way.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All you have to do is count how many extracurricular things people have done or that they’re good at and how many “better” classes they’re in and then compare that to me to see that I’m not that way.

You're just taking your skills for granted. Plus, people tend to only show what they want other people to see; their good side. Most people feel the same way you do, even peolpe you look up to.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

You're just taking your skills for granted. Plus, people tend to only show what they want other people to see; their good side. Most people feel the same way you do, even peolpe you look up to.

The only people I know in person that I look up to are my parents.

Not many people have reason to feel the way I do though, they’re accomplished and good at/enjoy productive things and such.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

The only people I know in person that I look up to are my parents.

I misread this as "Prison" and was highly concerned.

Not many people have reason to feel the way I do though, they’re accomplished and good at/enjoy productive things and such.

People try to hide their shortcomings to others. Nobody is flawless, and that's okay! What other people do and who they are shouldn't make you feel bad for who you are and what you do.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

People try to hide their shortcomings to others. Nobody is flawless, and that's okay! What other people do and who they are shouldn't make you feel bad for who you are and what you do.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it’s not about being flawless. I just feel like a lot of people are better than me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just feel like a lot of people are better than me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess it's just a teenager thing. I feel like everyone's better than me!

This might sound weird...

But Trails is basically feeling like Rune Factory 4, only without the farm and avatar part. But otherwise identical.

Maybe I'm odd, though.

I took a nap for about an hour. Normally, i don't remember my dreams that often but i'm glad i remembered this one because it was wild.

I dreamt i was watching Titanic and i got to the scene where the captain decides he's going to go down with the ship. Except this time, ninjas with oni masks appeared out of nowhere and one of them is like "come with us, it is not your time to die" and holds out his hand but the captain just goes "no i don't think i will" so the captain and the ninjas start fighting to the death while the ship sinks.

I don't remember anything after that, either because i woke up when it was getting good or there was more to it but my brain chose not to retain that information.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, you wouldn't believe Blazing Sword was my first, given my sheer disdain for it these days. Opinions change. Casuals become elitists. Elitists become casuals. It's the cycle of life.

Yes, like how i defended Sticker Star for the longest time because i loved it as a kid but i replayed it a few months back and i realized little kid me had shit opinions.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

...our system doesn’t do a very good job at making you not feel like your worth as a person isn’t tied to the number value of your grades or achievement in schools.....

Not to mention some kids develop an ego over it. I remember a former friend of mine would always be like "dude i'm gifted" every time he wanted to win an argument.

That was years ago though. Haven't talked to him since elementary school.

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

But Trails is basically feeling like Rune Factory 4, only without the farm and avatar part. But otherwise identical.

Maybe I'm odd, though.

What, in terms of like, vibe?

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

Maybe I'm odd, though.

It's most likely the homey, charming vibe of the towns and characters. I think I getcha.

Edited by twilitfalchion