Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But yeah i am doing a draw aggro build with her atm, so that the others can strike freely

Here's a tip to help with that: when it comes to aggro draw accessories, there are three kinds: the ones that increase aggro for auto-attacks, Arts and Specials, the ones that increase aggro every second and the ones that let the user start with a certain amount of aggro.

I'm not going to get into the aggro formulas because I don't know them but what's important is that accessories that increase the aggro of attacks is much much better than accessories that increase aggro every second or let you start with a certain amount of aggro. Those can still be useful, especially if you don't have aggro attack accessories, but they don't compare.

What I'm saying is give Tora accessories that increase the aggro of his attacks.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw you go to private mode to listen to XB2 ost so that youtube doesn't spoil you in 'normal' mode

I should probably warn you that two of the songs has a big spoiler in the title. So uh, you might wanna get the add-on that turns off recommendations.

Or you can download the songs so you can listen to them risk-free.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Here's a tip to help with that: when it comes to aggro draw accessories, there are three kinds: the ones that increase aggro for auto-attacks, Arts and Specials, the ones that increase aggro every second and the ones that let the user start with a certain amount of aggro.

I'm not going to get into the aggro formulas because I don't know them but what's important is that accessories that increase the aggro of attacks is much much better than accessories that increase aggro every second or let you start with a certain amount of aggro. Those can still be useful, especially if you don't have aggro attack accessories, but they don't compare.

What I'm saying is give Tora accessories that increase the aggro of his attacks.

Yeah i concluded that.

Every second thing might work against a super long boss fight, but that will situational i think.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

should probably warn you that two of the songs has a big spoiler in the title. So uh, you might wanna get the add-on that turns off recommendations.

i just get the song and minimize the window xD

I should probably warn you that two of the songs has a big spoiler in the title. So uh, you might wanna get the add-on that turns off recommendations.

Ah yes, even OSTs aren't safe. It's why I hesitate to look them up even with all the security measures imaginable - they themselves are liable to spoil, sometimes. I still remember when I was first playing the Ace Attorney series, and managed to spoil myself all the main villains, all of them, in one way or another. One of them was because the villain's theme song was called "Character Name - The Enemy Who Surpasses The Law." Thanks a lot, Capcom. Real cute. At least the theme of the main villain of that game's sequel had the decency to omit the friggin' name... That one's just called "The Man Who Masterminds The Game", and it's a wonderful song, but I don't recommend looking it up if you've any interest in the series.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Every second thing might work against a super long boss fight, but that will situational i think.

Nah, even in that situation, that kind of accessory is still inferior to aggro attack up.

If you ask me, aggro attack up > start with aggro (gargantuan effect) >>> aggro every second > start with aggro.

The first two combined can be very good though it depends if you want your accessory slots filled up by aggro effects. NG+ lets everyone get a third accessory slot but you obviously can't do that.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I still remember when I was first playing the Ace Attorney series, and managed to spoil myself all the main villains, all of them, in one way or another. One of them was because the villain's theme song was called "Character Name - The Enemy Who Surpasses The Law." Thanks a lot, Capcom. Real cute.

Oof.

Yeah, I personally believe that OSTs should avoid spoiling what the song is for. I think we can all agree on that.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

wait, only NG+? 

F

Yeah. I mean, two is fine, three just gives you a bit more freedom.

I wish you could increase Aux Core slots though. Some Blades only have one and it's usually their main downside.

Atleast i got a pouch extension, might use it on Rex.

Yep. I take it this means you beat Ch.2 then? It's probably obvious you have but i don't actually know where you are at the moment.

Anyways, about the second pouch item, Monolith goofed here as well except it's a good goof because whatever you put in the second pouch will actually have a stronger effect than in the first one. This works well with favorite items. Something i like to do is give the Cream Orange Paratha to Nia's second pouch item, both because it's a favorite item of her and because Crossette likes that food category, so the effect of the Cream Orange Paratha becomes even stronger.

Speaking of favorite items, there's a difference between favorite item and favorite items. If it's singular, it's referring to a specific item from that category. If it's plural, it can be any item from that category.

It took me a long-ass time to make that distinction on my first playthrough.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but i don't actually know where you are at the moment.

stopped directly after ch2 end save screen, so i will start from the beginning of ch3 next session

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, about the second pouch item, Monolith goofed here as well except it's a good goof because whatever you put in the second pouch will actually have a stronger effect than in the first one. This works well with favorite items. Something i like to do is give the Cream Orange Paratha to Nia's second pouch item, both because it's a favorite item of her and because Crossette likes that food category, so the effect of the Cream Orange Paratha becomes even stronger.

oho nice!

Thanks for the info!

Also why so many goofs xD

stopped directly after ch2 end save screen, so i will start from the beginning of ch3 next session

Trying to do one chapter a day? At least for now i guess, sticking to one chapter a day might get harder later on, especially if you choose to do side content.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also why so many goofs xD

I guess that's what happens when most of your staff gets put to work on BotW.

There was outsourcing involved but as far as the internal team goes, there were only 40 Monolith Soft devs working on Xenoblade 2 by the time it came out.

Let me tell you, Xenoblade 2 was a different game at launch. Not in a "it had a bad launch" way like we saw with games like No Man's Sky or Battlefront 2 or Cyberpunk but a lot of the QoL you're seeing right now wasn't in the base version of the game. Going through the change log, here's all the QoL that was added to the game at a later date:

• Added the sorting categories “Driver,” “Trust,” and “Field Skill” to the Blade List.
  • Added the sorting category “Type” to the list of Accessories.
  • Now displays the currently held and maximum number of accessories, Aux Cores、and Poppy parts in menus and shops.
  • Easy difficulty has been added. Due to this addition, the default difficulty will now be “Normal.”
  • Added a “simple mode” option allowing players to skip the lottery animation when bonding with Blades.
  • Added the ability to “lock” Blades so that they can’t be mistakenly released.
  • Added a “Sort” option to the Blade List, Accessories, Aux Cores, and Poppy’s Skill Parts.
  • Map icons will now appear on the mini map.
  • Voiced segments in menus can now be skipped with the A or B button.
  • A Pro Controller can now be used when the Joy-Con Controllers are attached to the system in Tabletop Mode.
  • Added an Easy difficulty to the Tiger! Tiger! mini game.
  • Added a new size of map to the mini map.
  • Pressing X when in the field to open the Skip Travel screen, the map of your current location will open.

All of this was not present in the base version. If you were to travel back in time and play the game when it launched, you would have a very different experience.

All of this is void though because patch 1.2 got rid of the Ardanian soldier voice lines, this game is shit actually

"Don't Forget Me" was a cry for help and a warning, we should've listened.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Trying to do one chapter a day?

Nah, not really. It just depends on my mood and how much time i have, and it just happened that i finished 2 chapters in 2 days xD

Although in the first day i didn't stop at ch1, i played a bit of ch2 as well.

I doubt i can finish ch3 today considering my appointment tomorrow

Not in a "it had a bad launch" way like we saw with games like No Man's Sky or Battlefront 2 or Cyberpunk but a lot of the QoL you're seeing right now wasn't in the base version of the game. Going through the change log, here's all the QoL that was added to the game at a later date

I think i remember hearing about this.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

All of this is void though because patch 1.2 got rid of the Ardanian soldier voice lines, this game is shit actually

ummm, i think i heard these lines yesterday while storming the place xD

I have the newest version xd

LONG HAVE I WAITED

@Lightchao42 MonsterVerse posted are consistently dope.

ummm, i think i heard these lines yesterday while storming the place xD

No, you heard "don't forget". "Don't forget me" and "think you can take me" got patched out, with the latter being completely gone.

These were the lines that made the Ardainian soldiers a meme

Is there a recommended party for

Spoiler

The academy side-quest? I've been using Zin and Agate so far. Seems to have worked pretty well, but idk if there's something coming up that I might need to be prepared for.

Spoilers again.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is there a recommended party for

Hide contents

The academy side-quest? I've been using Zin and Agate so far. Seems to have worked pretty well, but idk if there's something coming up that I might need to be prepared for.

Spoilers again.

Tita

her hidden event is there

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Who was Mizatuni? One of their writers?

A violinist and great singer too. Shrimpy knows better than I do, but I've heard that there was some falling out with a lot of their best musicians several years back, leading to the quality of their music going down over time.

Oh, and kinda spoilers again.

Spoiler

Loved that side-quest.

Btw, I never had any event occur for Tita, despite adding her to the party when my group entered the academy. Should I have had her in my party before starting the mission?

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:
Spoiler

Btw, I never had any event occur for Tita, despite adding her to the party when my group entered the academy. Should I have had her in my party before starting the mission?

Spoiler

huh
didn't she get a new weapon?