• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Me with CS1. If not for Trails name i would've 100% refunded

Cold Steel I was my introduction. Despite being my second least favorite game in the series, tied with Cold Steel III, this game had immediately a banger for me. When I played the intro dungeon and heared Actrious Raid, I was totally excited. Yes, the game has it flaws for being really slow in the first half of the game (same as with FC) and not having a as great character cast as Crossbell has, but at least the gameplay and especially soundtrack were great.

2 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Cold Steel I was my introduction. Despite being my second least favorite game in the series, tied with Cold Steel III, this game had immediately a banger for me. When I played the intro dungeon and heared Actrious Raid, I was totally excited. Yes, the game has it flaws for being really slow in the first half of the game (same as with FC) and not having a as great character cast as Crossbell has, but at least the gameplay and especially soundtrack were great.

I found CS' gameplay and prologue (after intro dungeon) atrocious, honestly.

I shouldn't streamroll nightmare with my eyes closed, and everyone already knows my opinion, cast, story and setting...

So opinions, i guess xD

I mean for a neutral person who played and actually finished the Trails games in the chronological order, this makes sense.

And I only played Cold Steel I first because I had no PC at this time to start with Sky.

I mean Cold Steel has lots of similarities to Radiant Dawn for me. I love the gameplay, plot and soundtrack. Only the bland main character who steals the spotlight nerfes the game a bit. This is why I compare Rean with Ike for being disappointing protagonists of a game / series I absolutely adore. Crossbell did this better by having a balanced cast and not focussing too much on the protagonist, one of the reasons why these games are my favorite of this series.

Edit: Of course I still like Radiant Dawn more than any Trails game. 

Also outside the weather hell is going on right now...

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I like ToS's elemental system, just saying.

Considering the game was (alongside Baten Kaitos EWatLO) my first real dive into non-Mario or Pokemon or Quest 64 RPGs, I do have a certain fondness for its elemental system (and Summon Spirits). It's mostly Water-Lightning thats an oddball pairing b/c it'd seem lopsidedly in Lightning's favor, although I've heard pure H2O without anything in it (salts, fleshy organisms) isn't actually that conductive.

It's not the only oddball elemental pairing I've encountered in gaming of course.:

• EWatLO paired Wind with Chronos- time & gravity. That doesn't make any sense besides a tiny excuse of Wind being "uplifting" and gravity being a downer. Though I did like the inclusion of Chronos as a standard element, kinda cool. (Only for BK: Origins to do away with it and Wind and add Lightning.)
  • Arc Rise Fantasia's secondary elements are instance of oddities. Each secondary element is comprised of two non-opposite primary elements. Light consists of Fire + Wind, and Dark is Fire + Earth. Therefore, the two classic starkly contrasting elements of good and evil, are not true opposites. The total opposite of Light is Water + Earth = Ice, and the total opposite of Dark is Water + Wind = Lightning. 

6 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

This is why I compare Rean with Ike for being disappointing protagonists of a game / series I absolutely adore.

Ike isn't a blackhole

Doesn't have a harem of 12+ girls

Doesn't have the nation he helped occupy love him

Isn't the sole center of the universe

Doesn't have deus ex machina

Isn't a protag for 5 games straight

Doesn't make a school trip outta a war

Doesn't make a mockery of 9 games of build up by just existing

Isn't a literaö self insert

And there's more but then i will be heading into spoiler territory

Rean is Corrin levels of bad, if not worse. Especially after what happened in Haji

I better stop before i seem rude or spoil haji

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

He's the exact opposite which I take amiss too.

Isn't the sole center of the universe

Himself not, but the plot did it for him like giving the final blow to Ashera.

This sums up perfectly my dislike towards Ike in Radiant Dawn:

4UF8USv.png?1

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Poppi knows Gonzsles huh

She's referring to the Immovable Gonzalez, another returning Unique Monster from Xenoblade 1.

Ever since Xenoblade X, the games have acknowledged the presence of Unique Monsters and while 2 doesn't do it to the extent that X does, it's still a neat detail. Especially since this is the first instance of a UM actually being named, in X, the characters acknowledged the Tyrants (X terminology for UMs) but never specifies.

Edited by Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She's referring to the Immovable Gonzalez, another returning Unique Monster from Xenoblade 1.

I know xD

10 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

the plot did it for him like giving the final blow to Ashera.

Not really. It made 100% sense, and Yune was there to help him

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Nia just got a Nim

Nim huh? She's one of my least favorite characters in the whole series, oof.

But if you got Nim this early on, then it looks like you got pity group 4: Kora, Nim and Finch.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ever since Xenoblade X, the games have acknowledged the presence of Unique Monsters and while 2 doesn't do it to the extent that X does, it's still a neat detail. Especially since this is the first instance of a UM actually being named, in X, the characters acknowledged the Tyrants (X terminology for UMs) but never specifies.

According to the Wiki, there is actually a Tyrant other than the greatest one that is acknowledged as being named. Apparently, a Wrothian NPC at night at the Oblivia stronghold named Da Zeulbe mentions "Bruno, the Iron-Fisted". Although, this Tyrant doesn't actually exist in the game, it's a Simius that showed up in a pre-release version of XCX, but was snipped out of the final product. Not sure if they'd speak of this in the postgame if you wanted to check this yourself.

47 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I'd actually take a main male character who swears themselves to celibacy. Could be interesting having one that never gets laid not because they're as oblivious as a rock, but because they don't want it. Plz no "woman shoving herself in celibate dude's face b/c she wants to seduce him" tho', dat would be bad.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

According to the Wiki, there is actually a Tyrant other than the greatest one that is acknowledged as being named. Apparently, a Wrothian NPC at night at the Oblivia stronghold named Da Zeulbe mentions "Bruno, the Iron-Fisted". Although, this Tyrant doesn't actually exist in the game, it's a Simius that showed up in a pre-release version of XCX, but was snipped out of the final product. Not sure if they'd speak of this in the postgame if you wanted to check this yourself.

Oh that is pretty weird. I guess they just forgot to take that out.

Also I think some Tyrants do get named in those little recon dialogue, the ones that record a Tyrants location in the map. Although these are too numerous to accurately recall any instances.

Also I did blank on Telethia, the Endbringer although tbf, nobody calls it that in-game. They called it the Bringer of Fate, right? Something like that?

All this said though, Gonzalez is the first UM to be named in the main story itself.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd actually take a main male character who swears themselves to celibacy. Could be interesting having one that never gets laid not because they're as oblivious as a rock, but because they don't want it. Plz no "woman shoving herself in celibate dude's face b/c she wants to seduce him" tho', dat would be bad.

Aimee has entered the chat.

Don't know if I mentioned this here before, but I have this headcanon that Ike after leaving Tellius and world hops over to Archanea/Valentia, he sees that Aimee/Larabel and is like "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE OH GOD HOW DID SHE FOUND ME!?"... XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh that is pretty weird. I guess they just forgot to take that out.

I'm thinking it would've been an intentional little reference. The game did include the Neilnails in a Time Attack Mission and a Squad Mission, which is weird when they scrapped the unknown story role they were planned to have at some point.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also I did blank on Telethia, the Endbringer although tbf, nobody calls it that in-game. They called it the Bringer of Fate, right? Something like that?

Ruler of Fates. Not sure why they opted to give it two distinct titles. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Not like i have anything to do, finished most my paper work yesterday and still have a stay at home order lol

Ah well, that makes it a little better...

Maybe you should talk to a doctor or something about your sleep problems.

...But I'm also some random 15 year-old, so maybe ignore me.