Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Maybe you should talk to a doctor or something about your sleep problems.

Sleep problems i can fix if i have something to do

but lockdown + coughs = home 24/7

And it's very hard to get a doctor's appointment atm...

Even though it's like 3-4 weeks of coughs now...

Also sleep problems will stay as long as i am enjoying XB2, as i like to play at night xD

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also sleep problems will stay as long as i am enjoying XB2, as i like to play at night xD

Shrimpy's more of the Lord of the Night than Majima ever was.

EDIT: Also, apologies for telling you what to do; I have a bad habit of doing that when I care about something. Which is why I keep telling people to play Yakuza 0

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Shrimpy's more of the Lord of the Night than Majima ever was.

you know, when i was your age, the perfect time to study for me was after midnight xD

when everyone is asleep and there's no sound, taking out my math books and studying and solving stuff

oh the memories

What a diverse party though

A Human and his Fire Saber blade, a Cat and Tiger Rider, and a Nopon with a mecha

Quite diverse for ch2 xD

Also Poppi the cutest

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you know, when i was your age,

WRAITH?!

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

the perfect time to study for me was after midnight xD

when everyone is asleep and there's no sound, taking out my math books and studying and solving stuff

oh the memories

Huh. DIfferent strokes for different folks I guess. My brain usually shuts off after 10:30 at the latest, and I absolutely get braindead the next day if I stay up any later than that.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What a diverse party though

A Human and his Fire Saber blade, a Cat and Tiger Rider, and a Nopon with a mecha

Quite diverse for ch2 xD

Also Poppi the cutest

Glad you like them. This really is a fun cast and there are more yet to join. How'd you like the first Heart-to-Heart?

Also fun fact, if you play as Nia, she will ride Dromarch if he's on the first Blade slot. This is purely aesthetic, it doesn't increase movement speed, but it's neat.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, apologies for telling you what to do; I have a bad habit of doing that when I care about something.

It's not like you are holding a gun to my head xD

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How'd you like the first Heart-to-Heart?

First of all: NO ANNOYING REQUIREMENTS YES!

Also cool more than 2 peeps

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

she will ride Dromarch if he's on the first Blade slot.

Umu noticed.

From the 3 i got so far i think i like playing with Rex the most, with Pyra as blade. Kinda reminds me of Shulks playstyle, but more fun. Probably du higher speed and combos and stuff.

Poppi is fun, but Tora is more a tank that draws aggro, which allows me to go crazy with the others. I need someone with a launch attack though to go with Poppi's combo.

Nia is a bit frail, but her heals are cool, especially her lvl2 special.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Also cool more than 2 peeps

Yep, that's how it's gonna be. Some will just be between two characters but these are the exception, not the rule.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

From the 3 i got so far i think i like playing with Rex the most, with Pyra as blade.

Same. I like playing as Rex for the most part (although I rarely switch off the main lead when playing an RPG, Torna is like only one I can think of where I was actually rotating control because everyone just clicked).

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nia is a bit frail, her heals are cool, especially her lvl2 special.

I've lost count of how many times Dromarch's Lv.2 Special has saved my life. It's very good.

Healing in general is very cool in this game. I love that it's applied universally because it means you can heal while still focusing on dealing damage. Healing doesn't break the flow, something I've noticed happens often in RPGs.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I love that it's applied universally because it means you can heal while still focusing on dealing damage. Healing doesn't break the flow, something I've noticed happens often in RPGs.

Also works really well with free movement during special thing. So you csn pick potions and then position for a back strike while Tora draws aggro.

I think for the next session i might lead with Nia for a bit.

Also, each charachter (except Tora) can equip 3 blades, right?

Also, each charachter (except Tora) can equip 3 blades, right?

Yes but not right now. You won't be able to equip a third Blade until the start of Ch.4. Dw though, Ch.1-3 are balanced around that restriction.

Tora can't summon Blades but he will eventually have his Blade slots filled up too.

Also seems like i landed in pity group 5? Not like i care because i am not keeping track of gacha xD

Four. You can't actually get pity group 5, Monolith goofed and accidentally copied group 1 twice, taking up the spot that was supposed to be given to group 5.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ch.1-3 are balanced around that restriction.

Oki doki!

Tora can't summon Blades but he will eventually have his Blade slots filled up too.

Inb4 Mecha harem xD

I wonder how high i can get the block Rate with Poppi to be hmm

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Monolith goofed and accidentally copied group 1 twice, taking up the spot that was supposed to be given to group 5.

Why didn't they patch that though xD

Four. You can't actually get pity group 5, Monolith goofed and accidentally copied group 1 twice, taking up the spot that was supposed to be given to group 5.

So wait, does that mean that there are three unused characters in the game?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why didn't they patch that though xD

Well I mean, it doesn't really matter haha. Wouldn't be surprised if it just went unnoticed.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

So wait, does that mean that there are three unused characters in the game?

No, it just means that those three Blades won't have that potential pity chance.

If it actually prevented you from getting those Blades, Monolith would've absolutely patched it out. They learned their lesson after not patching out the two game-breaking bugs in Xenoblade X.

Just now, Armagon said:

, it just means that those three Blades won't have that potential pity chance.

Ah.

Just now, Armagon said:

They learned their lesson after not patching out the two game-breaking bugs in Xenoblade X.

-_-

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

-_-

I'm genuinely baffled. Both of these happen in quests. One of the game-breaking bugs prevents you from completing a very important sidequest that is necessary to do like 30% of the sidequest content.

The other flat-out prevents you from progressing the story or accepting new Affinity Missions, forcing you to wipe clean about 20-80+ hours of progress depending on when you did it because the only way out is to completely start over the game.

If you didn't save while doing either of these quests (especially the second one), you should be fine, you can just reload the save you had prior to accepting. Oh, but only one save file btw, because Nintendo. What was it about the Wii U that made Nintendo think it was cute to have one save per user?

At least the chances of both of these happening are pretty low.

Not really. It made 100% sense, and Yune was there to help him

Unfortunately the lack on other Ragnell users aside of Ike.

However I have to say in Ike's defense, if he hadn't been existed in Smash, I wouldn't have posted here right now.

Ike was my favorite character in Brawl and made me become interested in Fire Emblem.

Good morning!

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Isn't a protag for 5 games straight

How is this a bad thing?

9 hours ago, Benice said:

...But I'm also some random 15 year-old, so maybe ignore me.

Bad advice alert!

8 hours ago, Benice said:

EDIT: Also, apologies for telling you what to do; I have a bad habit of doing that when I care about something.

Sothis is quaking.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How is this a bad thing?

Being a protag for 5 games straight while being a black of mega propotions and taking all the focus to yourself is very very bad.

Since you won't ever play Trails, here's a Major Hajimari spoilers just for you to see how much of a Blackhole Rean is, to the point Corrin seems decent

Spoiler

He is not only the MC, but the final boss as well

Imagine that lmao.

And the explanation for that was fanfiction tiers of stupid.

Scrath that, i would take bad smut fanfics over what people call modern Falcom writing.

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

He is not only the MC, but the final boss as well

Imagine that lmao.

And the explanation for that was fanfiction tiers of stupid.

Scrath that, i would take bad smut fanfics over what people call modern Falcom writing.

Not gonna lie, if executed correctly, that sounds like it could be absolutely amazing. Of course, I don't know how this was executed, but... yeah.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

if executed correctly, that sounds like it could be absolutely amazing.

That's a big IF here. 

The execution was horrible at best, bad fanfic tier at worst.

Infact, i remember before i decided to leave the fanbase we called it ''Fanfic creation device''

If the Mc was good and only of one or two games, and executed correctly, could've been amazing

But 5 games of LN self-insert trash tier MC is just ugh

Just now, Shrimperor said:

That's a big IF here. 

The execution was horrible at best, bad fanfic tier at worst.

Haha, yeah, I figured that'd be the problem. I just said that because you described the thing as if it was supposed to automatically sound bad. If done correctly that idea has potential. It's just, well... Apparently not.

Infact, i remember before i decided to leave the fanbase we called it ''Fanfic creation device''

If the Mc was good and only of one or two games, and executed correctly, could've been amazing

But 5 games of LN self-insert trash tier MC is just ugh

Well, damn... That sure sounds great. Luckily for me, Trails is not a series I've any interest in.