Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

Right and that’s why his mood is going between very happy, very playful, and very flirty. Oof.

He is suffering a mental breakdown.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For its worth, the current modern fad with Isekai's is precisely that the world hopping happens because the character gets run over by a truck. Truck-kun, as they call it now.

Ah.

Yeah... The show I was talking about uses a slightly more sophisticated method to switch worlds.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah and a weapon she can use during shutdown. I am pretty sure school quest was the trigger for it though

Spoiler

I finished the school quest, got the new S-craft at the shop, but no new weapon.

Looked around online. Can't seem to find anything about a new weapon for that one. Idk.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:
  Hide contents

I finished the school quest, got the new S-craft at the shop, but no new weapon.

Looked around online. Can't seem to find anything about a new weapon for that one. Idk.

Maybe i am misremembering then

but atleast you got the S-craft^^

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Very basically Isekai as a genre's about "Character from one world (our/essentially our) ends up in another (fantastical world!) out of nowhere", hell used to be it was mainly female protagonists.It was around before the 2010's so maybe.

Yeah and the Isekai genre was really exciting...when Edgar Rice Burroughs did it in 1912.

Just now, Wraith said:

Wow, that takes me back to when I was in middle school.

Doesn't it? I rediscovered it roughly 10 years after my last memory of it. I just suddenly remembered about it, looked it up and it turned out the whole thing was on Youtube. So I watched it. What a trip down memory lane it was. I don't usually get nostalgic (mostly because I have little positive to remember about my childhood), but when I do, it's great. Helps that I genuinely enjoyed the show, beyond the nostalgia (or perhaps because of it? I don't know, and frankly I don't care).

Just now, Wraith said:

Yeah and the Isekai genre was really exciting...when Edgar Rice Burroughs did it in 1912.

It's a little saddening the John Carter movie that came out literally a century later didn't do well.

I've heard good things.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Code Lyoko, huh. Never saw that one.

I couldn't blame you. From what I've heard, distribution to other countries was kinda wonky, with places often missing entire seasons, episodes and stuff. Spain was one of the very few places that got the whole thing. Probably because Spain also happens to be the place where the show was most successful. Perhaps even more than its origin country, from what I've heard. Everyone loved it back in those days.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My "kids enter a digital world" kick was with Digimon, hahaha...

Now it's my turn to say I never watched that. I have fleeting memories of it, but nothing much. Must've caught an episode or two on TV by accident.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's a little saddening the John Carter movie that came out literally a century later didn't do well.

I've heard good things.

It’s in the Public Domain so go hog wild Dayni.

Edited by Wraith

Oh, Code Lyoko also aired over here. But looking up right now, apparently it got hit with a bad schedule, ratings plummeted, and got the can shortly after the fourth season started airing. Though the entire season still got dubbed regardless.

One thing I'm grateful for, is Digimon getting a faithful dub straight from the Japanese script (but using American names for some reason), uncut, uncensored, and just about why the heck they used the American names if the dub otherwise is just perfect!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

All these old people reminiscing about their childhoods...

I'm only 21.

...Okay, 22 in one month.

Fuckin' hell, I'm wasting my life.

Welp, nothing to be done about it! Time for another useless night of playing the game that I've already poured over 2000 hours into! Toodles!

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, Code Lyoko also aired over here. But looking up right now, apparently it got hit with a bad schedule, ratings plummeted, and got the can shortly after the fourth season started airing. Though the entire season still got dubbed regardless.

Jikes... At least you got the full dub. USA apparently had the second half of season 4 cut.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All these old people reminiscing about their childhoods...

Ok zoomer.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It’s in the Public Domain so go hog wild Dayni.

I'll probably pick to read it, audiobook's not my preference.

Is the Princess of Mars series particularly large?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm only 21.

...Okay, 22 in one month.

...I am honestly surprised.

Didn't expect you to be so utterly..

young!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuckin' hell, I'm wasting my life.

A Life pro tip from a senior: There's no such thing as wasting life. You are still young, too young to think about that.

Enjoy your life, man!

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Is the Princess of Mars series particularly large?

It’s a trilogy, at least the first three that follow John Carter. The books are around 200-250 pages each.

Edited by Wraith

The worse thing about it is that it was a fairly common practice. Our Sailor Moon dub is the same. It's uncensored and straight from the Japanese script (so no weird lesbian cousin couple, just pain old regular lesbian couple), but also uses the names from the American dub.

And I'm like:

Just finished the second Season for first time. (I might be too dumb for  this series) : westworld

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

....wait a sec...

Am i actually like the 2nd oldest person in this Thread?

Thread is like 50 or so, so he is the oldest...

730690729147629649.png?v=1

Let's make a list!

I bet I'm in the top three at 28.