Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I do know Berwick gives each character (or most characters) a paralouge, which is dope,

Actually, there's only four paralogues. However, everyone in the starting cast get sidequests that revolve around them (same principle, but they're unlocked at set points of the game by just having the characters alive), and the characters that don't get either have side objectives in maps that are about them, events about them, promotions also have their own scenes... All in all, the game makes an effort to implement the characters into the campaign, it's great.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Vestaria felt like a 90s FE game that came out two decades too late when it came to fleshing out characters.

Really? From what I remember, most characters were pretty involved. I did get the sense that it was a bit weaker than TearRing Saga at that, though. TearRing Saga, I'd describe as "all or nothing" - it has some horrendous non-characters that are just ridiculous, but when it's good, it's really, really good.

Seriously, it's unbelievable that Zieg and Zachariah are in the same game.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ya know, speaking about protags, when i first saw Rex i thought he would be one of those wish washy kind.

i was positively surprised when it turned out he has guts and is a confident guy.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I guess a lot of good things weren't meant to last for Falcom.

606675845456592916.png?v=1

fyi, almost everyone in that video left after a scandal a few years ago.

Smh

It's then when their music started turning to shit

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, his (or currently her) personality change each Regeneration. Despite being the same character, people have different opinions on which Doctor they like best.

Like for me, my favorite Doctor is Twelve, primarily due to this scene

Eternally relevant.

The Tenth Doctor and Fourth Doctor would be my second and third favorites respectively.

I am team tenth doctor, myself.

I haven’t had access to the show since 12’s first (and maybe only?) season and I don’t really remember much about him or the episodes, but I did like Clara. Anyway, my knowledge ends with 11 and starts with 9.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am team tenth doctor, myself.

I haven’t had access to the show since 12’s first (and maybe only?) season and I don’t really remember much about him or the episodes, but I did like Clara. Anyway, my knowledge ends with 11 and starts with 9.

Huh, how about that, turns out I was mostly the same. Just lost an interest from Capaldi's first season, I still blame the showrunners for it, not the actors.

I barely remembered much of any of Capaldi's first season, really telling and disappointing. Though it has be years since I watched any.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well what you say can be true but if we look outside of games, long-running book series can do well sticking to a protagonist (I bring up books because entries). To bring up a relevant example (since I'm currently reading it), Percy Jackson. In the first series, Percy is the main protagonist for five books straight. And in the second series, Heroes of Olympus, he's still the main protagonist. Although, tbf, HoO has a lot of differing perspectives so while Percy is still the main protagonist, he ain't the only one anymore.

Eh, The Heroes of Olympus has an ensemble cast consisting of nine viewpoint characters, so calling Percy "the main protagonist" isn't completely accurate.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ya know, speaking about protags, when i first saw Rex i thought he would be one of those wish washy kind.

i was positively surprised when it turned out he has guts and is a confident guy.

Finally, someone who actually appreciates Rex's character. It's a miracle!

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, there's only four paralogues. However, everyone in the starting cast get sidequests that revolve around them

Except for Leon.

Instead Marcel gets his own map. And he joins much later.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really? From what I remember, most characters were pretty involved.

If there were any additional scenes, i must've missed them. As far as i remember, the game is the Zade and Athol show for the most part, then Cyltan comes in and the girl he's originally engaged to also has some scenes but then said girl stops being relevant after that chapter where she and Athol go solo to recruit the other tribes.

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, he gets written off by some as just generic RPG protag but unsurprisingly, i disagree with that statement. Dude's been salvaging since he was 10 (Rex's age is never stated in-game but Takahashi has said that he's 15 and side dialogue in the game mentions that Rex's been salvaging for 5 years) so you can see it in his personality and his knowledge about certain things.

One thing i really like about the early game is how the game establishes that just because Rex has the legendary sword doesn't mean he gets a free pass in his battles. You'll see what i mean very soon/you might've already seen it but it's one of the main reasons why i much prefer Rex over Shulk. Whereas Rex actually has to earn his skill with the Aegis, Shulk just unlocks Monado Arts left and right and knows how to use them instantly despite never seeing them before. I mean, i know why but it doesn't make it any better.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I haven’t had access to the show since 12’s first (and maybe only?) season and I don’t really remember much about him or the episodes, but I did like Clara.

Twelve has three seasons, which is standard for the series. Every Doctor in Modern Who except Nine has had three seasons.

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Just lost an interest from Capaldi's first season, I still blame the showrunners for it, not the actors.

I barely remembered much of any of Capaldi's first season, really telling and disappointing. Though it has be years since I watched any.

Yeah, Capaldi's first season isn't that great compared to what came after. Though Capaldi's first season still not as bad as Whittaker's first season, that set a new low bar for the series. Was very pleased to see her second season be a major overall improvement.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Eh, The Heroes of Olympus has an ensemble cast consisting of nine viewpoint characters, so calling Percy "the main protagonist" isn't completely accurate.

It's accurate for the second book at least. And if i remember correctly, the fourth book is mostly just him, though my memory past the second book is still foggy.

I haven't actually started reading Heroes of Olympus, i finished Percy Jackson and the Olympians a few days ago so i'm taking a break. Will probably start tonight though.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Instead Marcel gets his own map. And he joins much later.

Well, that map is still playable if Marcel is dead, but you just don't have him in that weird starting spot, and you don't get the Zweihander. 

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really? From what I remember, most characters were pretty involved.

Yeah, the majority of chapters had long dialogue scenes towards the end where some playable characters would chat that were not the main 4 of Zade, Athol, Cyltan, and Hoelun. 

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Finally, someone who actually appreciates Rex's character. It's a miracle!

Well, so far! I am expecting more of him of course considering i am still early game^^

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

why i much prefer Rex over Shulk

I already do considering Shulk got absorbed by the Monado, just like the whole of XB1 tbh

Honestly i was kinda joking about ''Monado'' should've been a character when i wrote my thoughts back then, but it's working surprisingly well so far.

Whereas Rex actually has to earn his skill with the Aegis

Oho now i am curious.

So far he has been relying more on his head, which is good.

Dude's been salvaging since he was 10 (Rex's age is never stated in-game but Takahashi has said that he's 15 and side dialogue in the game mentions that Rex's been salvaging for 5 years)

Damn it so his age isn't some super secret twist like i was expecting

Should've let me speculate for more xD

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Good morning, all!

Tutturu!

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Spara said:

Yeah, the majority of chapters had long dialogue scenes towards the end where some playable characters would chat that were not the main 4 of Zade, Athol, Cyltan, and Hoelun. 

I honest to God don't remember any of these.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So far he has been relying more on his head, which is good.

Yeah, he's a pretty smart kid.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's accurate for the second book at least. And if i remember correctly, the fourth book is mostly just him, though my memory past the second book is still foggy.

It’s around half him or Annabeth.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I haven't actually started reading Heroes of Olympus, i finished Percy Jackson and the Olympians a few days ago so i'm taking a break. Will probably start tonight though.

Enjoy! The first book is probably my favorite or second favorite not Harry Potter book.

And it’s leagues better than Percy! (Although I guess I didn’t really enjoy that series that much...)

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

And it’s leagues better than Percy! (Although I guess I didn’t really enjoy that series that much..

SMH my head

What's your favorite Rick Riordan series, actually?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

SMH my head

What's your favorite Rick Riordan series, actually?

Heroes of Olympus, easily. I’ve only read two and three quarters Rick Riordan series.

Edited by Sooks

Oh yeah, @Shrimperor, you mentioned wondering how high Poppi's block rate can go

2021012112422400-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

and that's not counting her battle skills. Guard Shift further increases block rate by 20% at Lv.5 and Emergency Mode increases block rate by 60% when HP is 30% or low at Lv.5. So you can actually get 100% block.

Only reason I don't have that core chip equipped to give her 78% block is because I like the aggro draw effect. But 58% block is still very good.

As for her defenses, that's further increases by her battle skills Noponic Iron, which increases it by 10% but also the Master Tank mods I gave her.

Of course, this is all post-game builds with maxed out Affinity Charts and a decent amount of Poppiswap investment.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, @Shrimperor, you mentioned wondering how high Poppi's block rate can go

2021012112422400-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4

and that's not counting her battle skills. Guard Shift further increases block rate by 20% at Lv.5 and Emergency Mode increases block rate by 60% when HP is 30% or low at Lv.5. So you can actually get 100% block.

Only reason I don't have that core chip equipped to give her 78% block is because I like the aggro draw effect. But 58% block is still very good.

As for her defenses, that's further increases by her battle skills Noponic Iron, which increases it by 10% but also the Master Tank mods I gave her.

Of course, this is all post-game builds with maxed out Affinity Charts and a decent amount of Poppiswap investment.

Full tanking time!

But yeah i am doing a draw aggro build with her atm, so that the others can strike freely

Edited by Shrimperor