• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If it continues this way, it might usurp Three Houses.

YES! YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

Play Thracia next! Just...Don't do it blind, for the love of god...

Just now, Sooks said:

Larcei good.

She and her brother are basically the same unit, so if you like Larcei, her bro's pretty good too.

1 minute ago, Maof06 said:

Is Thracia 776 that bad playing blind?

It was not designed to be played blind either from a mechanic perspective or an anything else perspective. The game came with a booklet that explained a whole ton of stuff; obviously, this ain't avaliable when you're emulating. The game is also designed to kil your units, so it's a unique experience.

Okay, you made me curious. I will play Thracia 776 blind and report my experiences here. Someday.

So it looks like I’ll have the Arran/Samson type choice of this game pretty soon. One of them is on a horse and the other isn’t sooo yeah. Choice settled.

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Haha.

That only really applies if you go for 100%.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Congratulations. You have reached The Thing. The reason people sing the praises of Genealogy so much.

And after this, FE4 just becomes your standard Fire Emblem plot.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Chibi aesthetics may have a place somewhere in FE, not sure where exactly though.

Heroes.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That’s it..? People say this is the best story in all of Fire Emblem just because of the ending?

If you ask me, Tellius is better.

Path of Radiance's plot is nothing that special, it's still pretty standard but it does execute it's standard premise the best in the series. Radiant Dawn is just really cool with all these differing perspectives that you get to play as.

Hmm, ranking the FEs based on plot. I'll come back to that.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

So i grabbed a save file, and...

pVSnRGx.png

Time to regret all my life descisions....

I'm a bit late but good luck! You're gonna need it.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

You ask me, Geneaolgy the best music in the series before the 3DS happened.

Yeah, FE4's music is pretty cool. If you ask me though, i'd say Radiant Dawn had the best pre-3DS music.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

eah, and is generally seen as one of the hardest, if not the hardest Mario level.

Like in Champion Road you can atleast come with powerups for some damage boost, no such thing here xD

Yeah, when comparing it other "super difficult final levels", The Perfect Run is in a league of it's own.

Special 8-Crown in 3D World is piss easy. Tanooki Leaf invalidates the entire difficulty.

Champion's Road is pretty tough but as you said, powerups help. The only truly difficult part is the part with all the speed panels.

The Darker Side is not that tough honestly. Only tough part is near the end when you're in a moving platform in fog land and enemies continuously spawn.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

From what I've seen, it's not common to like both the old and new style of FE. There are a few in this thread (myself included), of course, but overall not common.

More like it's not common to like Kaga FE and post-Kaga FE. Old FE generally refers to anything before Awakening.

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

Play Thracia next! Just...Don't do it blind, for the love of god...

Benice nooooooooooooooooooo!

21 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Is Thracia 776 that bad playing blind?

Thracia is bad in general. Worst Fire Emblem game of all time imo as evidenced by the fact that it's the only Fire Emblem game i dropped out of hate. I hate Genealogy with a passion but i was at least able to power through, that counts for something.

Just now, Sooks said:

So it looks like I’ll have the Arran or Samson choice of this game pretty soon. One of them is on a horse and the other isn’t sooo yeah. Choice settled.

Horse one is better, because he is good at flirting!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So it looks like I’ll have the Arran/Samson type choice of this game pretty soon. One of them is on a horse and the other isn’t sooo yeah. Choice settled.

Coward. Pick up the goddamned footie axe guy!

Just now, Sooks said:

Heck heck heck heck

I may have to get the infantry unit.

smh, picking the boring stalker over the entertaining one.