Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

@Interdimensional Observer Oh, I forgot to add. If you don't mind it becoming a copy of Fire Bird, Masaki could have Akashic Buster as his Up Special, doing it the same way Falco does. Or instead of fire the bird can be in the same glowy-green Prana-infused that is in the second part of the animation. Again, chalk it up to Prana.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

I realized that I don't have any controllers to play it with...

'Sides, I've been considering trying my hand at streaming this summer, and that would probably be a really fun one to do on-stream.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good luck!

Well, it'll be, like...At least two months. Unless something changes.

Turn 300, I have a bazillion culture now. That’s enough for one day though.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Well, it'll be, like...At least two months. Unless something changes.

Good luck for your entire life!

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh no, but then he'd be another Anime Sword Guy (TM).

I'm in the moderate anti-swords camp, but I'll make an exception for him.😜

Also, Discutter Ranbu no Tachi can totally be his Final Smash.

I've heard of this being in 2nd OG, albeit a secret move you have to unlock somehow. *Checks for a vid*

He pulls out a bigger sword that he splits into two swords and dual wields? Looks great!😄

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

@Interdimensional Observer Oh, I forgot to add. If you don't mind it becoming a copy of Fire Bird, Masaki could have Akashic Buster as his Up Special, doing it the same way Falco does. Or instead of fire the bird can be in the same glowy-green Prana-infused that is in the second part of the animation. Again, chalk it up to Prana.

I don't mind copying Fire Bird/Fox/Wolf. At least it isn't Counter!

Most likely someplace in Langran Kingdom if so.

With the other three Elemental Lords on watch in the background to keep any eye out for any would-be invaders. Shu ofc sneaks in to benignly observe the action.

And above all else, Masaki would open the floodgates to that sweetalicious SRW music. Neppu! Shippu! Cybuster, Tomboy/Flapper Girl, Dark Prison, and Wind of La Gias would be just the start. Not just the Masoukishin tracks, I need a smorgasbord more than that. Give me medleys themed around a particular game if it is too much, like an SRX medley that blends all five-six members' themes + Soul of Steel into one.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm in the moderate anti-swords camp, but I'll make an exception for him.😜

Aye. XD

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've heard of this being in 2nd OG, albeit a secret move you have to unlock somehow. *Checks for a vid*

He pulls out a bigger sword that he splits into two swords and dual wields? Looks great!😄

Yeah. Also in Alpha and Alpha Gaiden. Don't remember if it has showed up in the Classicverse games, but it's possible.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't mind copying Fire Bird/Fox/Wolf. At least it isn't Counter!

Oh man, Counter is so prevalent in movesets...

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With the other three Elemental Lords on watch in the background to keep any eye out for any would-be invaders. Shu ofc sneaks in to benignly observe the action.

And above all else, Masaki would open the floodgates to that sweetalicious SRW music. Neppu! Shippu! Cybuster, Tomboy/Flapper Girl, Dark Prison, and Wind of La Gias would be just the start. Not just the Masoukishin tracks, I need a smorgasbord more than that. Give me medleys themed around a particular game if it is too much, like an SRX medley that blends all five-six members' themes + Soul of Steel into one.

Hehe, can work. Some stages already have observers after all. A music selection mostly from Masoukishin and some OG medley sounds about right, heh.

---

Man, you've inspired me too, heh. I can see the Special moves like so:

Neutral Special: High Familiar. Projectile attack.

Down Special: Cyflash. Sphere-like attack around him. Can be charged up.

Side Special: Cosmo Nova. Another projectile attack that can arc. Or maybe High Familiar can be the one that arcs. Definitely either of, maybe.

Up Special: Akashic Buster. Works like Fire Fox/Bird.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The only Idols Shrimpy watches: Idol Zombies

Oh it finally came out, huh.

There's nothing else this season (not that i care about keeping up with anime seasons anymore) besides Godzilla SP so eh, why not? I thought the first season was alright, i guess i'll start watching the second season soon. And catch up on shows i missed.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

In other anime news, the TWEWY anime has announced it's changing the theme for the OP because the drummer of the band was arrested for unknown reasons.

It's first episode is out tomorrow.

How frequent would this occur?

Was probably for weed.

If you get caught smoking weed (or just doing drugs) and you're a celeb and you get caught doing drugs, it's over. And i mean over, one of the voice actors for Judgment was arrested for drug use and Sega basically recalled the game and changed it so that he wouldn't be a part of it anymore.

Let me look it up, ah here:

“Yakuza” spinoff “Judgment” is getting a character model and Japanese voice acting replacement for its western release due to “unforeseen circumstances,” SEGA announced Friday via Twitter.

“Due to unforeseen circumstances, the character model and Japanese voice for the character of Kyohei Hamura will be adjusted for the Western release of Judgment, launching on June 25, 2019,” SEGA stated. “Screenshots and trailers featuring Hamura have been temporarily removed from all of SEGA’s official channels. Updated versions of these materials will be made available at a later date.

Taki’s arrest resulted in SEGA halting sales of “Judgment” in Japan, as drug use in the country is comparatively more controversial to the public (and drug laws more strictly enforced) than in some western countries.

The arrest also caused Disney a bit of a headache, as Taki provides the voice of Olaf in the Japanese version of “Frozen.” Disney stores in Tokyo have opted to pull blu-rays and soundtracks for the movie from its shelves and Disney issued a statement that it has halted production of “Frozen” blu-rays and DVDs, according to Japan Today."

Yeah, Japan will actually end you if you're a celeb who got caught with drugs.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Nobody said Chu-Ko-Nu could show up in the arena.

KAGA YOU DASTARD

I think i will cause problems for the player on purpose.jpg

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although TBF, thieves have horrible stats in TRS, so it's a very risky proposition throwing them in there in the first place.

When don't thieves have horrible stats?

Actually, modern FE is a thing but still, thieves aren't exactly useful on the field when there's nothing to steal.

3 hours ago, Maof06 said:

You know, being bald is an incredible experience. I recommend you shave your head at least once in your life to get a feel for it. It is liberating.

This is... freedom.

I've always wondered what being bald is like but i don't think my appearance is suited for it. Just like beards, being bald isn't something that works on anyone.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And i mean over, one of the voice actors for Judgment was arrested for drug use and Sega basically recalled the game and changed it so that he wouldn't be a part of it anymore.

Not just any character, the heckin' main protagonist!

Also, that wasn't the first time a yakuza protagonist' VA got cancelled due to drugs. Coincidentally, the other character who got changed was also a detective- Yakuza 4's Tanimura.

Also play judgement it's a fantastic game.

EDIT: WHoops, I was wrong.

Edited by Benice

Ah yes, the controversies.

Remember when Male Byleth got his voice changed? Not the Japanese one if I recall, but it shows how the practice is quite prevalent.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Also play judgement it's a great game.

I literally can't.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Remember when Male Byleth got his voice changed?

Yeah but in this case, Chris Niosi was revealed to be a shit stain. But even with the voice actor change, it's still nothing compared to what Japan will do to you if you get caught with drugs.

Ah, Cross-Omega really went wild with the debuts. A mecha showed up at some point? Come right in! Even stuff you wouldn't expect to see in SRW normally, even if the VTX trilogy have broken so many barriers on the matter.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I literally can't.

Ah right, Judgement's still PS exclusive.

RIP.

Good thing there are eight other ones

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

...what. but sword characters simply have tons of potential!

• Fantasy people have swords, particularly main characters. This is a basic fact of reality, like death and breathing to live.
  • Swords have a long established history of being revered in cultures from Northern Europe to Japan. More common weapons like bows, spears, axes, and maces, not as much if at all.
  • In the Beginning, meaning 1999 in the Gregorian count, there was no Sword but one with green, which was accompanied by boomerang, bombs and hookshot. It was a creation in the void which would tell us of little of what would come.
  • Then came the Blue and Red Harbingers of 2001, who revealed the Sacred Path of the Blade Alone to the world.
  • When more than a half-decade had passed and the Third Coming had arrived, there was no true evangelization of the Gladius Undying.
    • The Flaming Lion had died and the Radiant Flame only took its place, the Cel-Shading of Wind replaced the Shota of Time the same.
    • The Greek Angel and Galaxia Bat Without Equal were born. But did either show such similarity to the Men of the Hot and Dry Insignia as to draw the ire and attention of all but the most paranoid?
  • No. I do think that it is was not until the Fourth Incarnation, that awoke within us consciousness against the prevalence of the xiphas. For it is it here that the Son of Pherae joined with his distant relatives, and they were accompanied by the One Who Fled From Time, the Grandmaster and the Dragon With a Chainsaw. So too arrived a Mirror's Reflection, a Clairvoyant Cutlass, and a Soldier of All Creation.
    • And above all, alongside the Fist and the Gun, the cutting kris was codified as one of the Trimurti, from whence all fighting spirit derives.

As the first two less absurdly coded tenets point out, I acknowledge that swords have been and are a big deal. I also accept that, although it is a recent phenomena within the Smash canon, the sword has been enshrined as a principle form of combatant.

Hence, I consider myself a moderate anti-sword Smash fan. I see the basic facts, and I won't ask for the impossible of removing extant sword users or stopping their future inclusion entirely. What I politely ask for, is for the new additions of sword users to be kept in check. I acknowledge that practitioners of the blade can be very different from each other. Yet even so, I wish for their numbers to be restrained.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When don't thieves have horrible stats?

• Julian can be good when trained, his growths are fairly nice, just not worth it and handicapped by no promotion.
  • Dew has amazing growths -but yeah those bases are a ruinous start.
  • Patty can be great, but even with one of her best dads- Chulainn I found she was a lot of effort to get going.
  • Perne from Thracia starts promoted and ain't too bad actually. A Crit multiplier thingamabob of 5 compensates for 7 base Str as does Scrolls if not the 24 HP and 5 Def.
  • Jaffar is an Assassin, so maybe he doesn't count, but his stats are great.
  • Colm can be okay if trained, it isn't hard to do even without grinding.
  • Volke in PoR has good stats -handicapped by the awfulness of PoR knives.
  • Sothe is a Jagen for Part 1 RD, his problem is that he falls off hard in Part 4. Heather is a worse Mia without weapon triangle, but still can solo things if you train her. If Volke counts he is great for the final fight, were it not for the Laguz royals existing.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, Cross-Omega really went wild with the debuts. A mecha showed up at some point? Come right in! Even stuff you wouldn't expect to see in SRW normally, even if the VTX trilogy have broken so many barriers on the matter.

...Is she even old enough to understand what death is?🤨

-I'm joking. I'm as cool as ice.

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah right, Judgement's still PS exclusive

*Sees the word "Judgement"*

First game that comes to mind is this:

112921-castlevania-judgment-review.jpg

A Castlevania fighting game spinoff that fans of the now-dead franchise wish to write out of existence -except for the awesome return of Cornell, that can be preserved. 

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've always wondered what being bald is like but i don't think my appearance is suited for it. Just like beards, being bald isn't something that works on anyone.

And if you're out in the Floridian sun, better wear a hat if you don't want your head to feel like a griddle.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is she even old enough to understand what death is?🤨

-I'm joking. I'm as cool as ice.

Don't know. But she got this:

Apparently, there are those in Japan who have compared her with Haman over their hairstyles. And SRW decided to acknowledge this. Well then.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees the word "Judgement"*

First game that comes to mind is this:

112921-castlevania-judgment-review.jpg

A Castlevania fighting game spinoff that fans of the now-dead franchise wish to write out of existence -except for the awesome return of Cornell, that can be preserved. 

Agh, that thing. The less spoken about Maria's obsession with chests, the better.

Trails of Cold Steel IV for Switch is out today. Though I can only recommend it to people who at least have played and finished the first three parts of the Erebonian series.

Tried out a bit Splatoon 2 online and it worked without any issues. Seems to be that the internet connection depends on the game for some reason.

I knew what to expect this time but the climax/ending was still unsatisfying, I mean it was just our heroes getting super duper duper lucky.

Also I have finished Kirby's Dreamland 2 yesterday. 

Game was way shorter than expected.

Since I only have the "sidegames" open like Pinball and Dream Course and I don't feel like to play Mass Attack rn due to its controls, I can share a ranking:

Spoiler
  1. Super Kirby Clash 9.0
  2. Planet Robobot 8.6
  3. Return To Dreamland / Adventure Wii 8.5
  4. Triple Deluxe 8.1
  5. Star Allies 7.5 (+1 point thanks to Heroes In Another Dimension)
  6. Epic Yarn 7.5
  7. Superstar 7.3
  8. Dreamland 2 7.2
  9. Blowout Blast 7.0
  10. Dreamland 3 6.8  (-1 point for the requirements of needing a guide to play 100%)
  11. Adventure 6.5
  12. Stacker Star 6.5
  13. Block Ball 6.3
  14. Dreamland 1 5.5

Can't be played due to lack on the console:

• Nightmare In Dreamland
  • Amazing Mirror
  • Rainbow Curse

Can't be played due to lack on a favorable copy:

• Air Ride
  • Superstar Ultra

Not interested to play rn:

• Pinball
  • Dream Course
  • Caravan Curse
  • Mass Attack

Edited by Zan Partizanne

I would type up a semi rant (just saying what happened was it honestly speaks up for itself and I’m not upset or anything) but that would be a disservice to anyone who watches the show, which you should. Outer Banks on Netflix. Season 2 coming soon... ish. They just finished filming.

9 hours ago, Spara said:

Well, you know, you CAN do it with Larentia if you do a funny trick, but that means no Shining Shield. I think you have to get her captured in 11-m and then Panacea her.

That's absolutely amazing.

8 hours ago, Maof06 said:

You know, being bald is an incredible experience. I recommend you shave your head at least once in your life to get a feel for it. It is liberating.

This is... freedom.

As someone who is growing his hair long right now, I think I'll wait on that a bit. If the state of my father's head is any indication, I think I'll have plenty of time to be bald in the future.

2 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Tried out a bit Splatoon 2 online and it worked without any issues.

Good for you! Hope it stays that way.