Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

30 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Brave Crossbows.

Fuck 'em.

I agree.

32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

About how far into a game of civilization do you start worrying about actually winning and not just surviving/progressing?

Midgame, I think. You shouldn't go into Civilization expecting a quick game. A single match of Civilization will take you days, the games are that damn long.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I agree.

I ended up having Garo weaken them (he would have still been hurt if he crit, but not near 1-rounded like Kate was) and Tom of all units finished the brave guy up on the parapet.

The Chu-Ko-Nu guy was not let fire. Bartz sadly missed one of his hammers and caused a minor panic.

Esther got Mastery in an otherwise great level. This girl's going to be good?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You know what's worse than Brave Crossbows? Hidden Brave Crossbows!

You know what's worse than Brave Crossbows? Hidden Brave Crossbows with Overwatch!

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I ended up having Garo weaken them (he would have still been hurt if he crit, but not near 1-rounded like Kate was) and Tom of all units finished the brave guy up on the parapet.

The Chu-Ko-Nu guy was not let fire. Bartz sadly missed one of his hammers and caused a minor panic.

All I have to add is, you better succeed where I failed and kill Ernst with Maerchen.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Esther got Mastery in an otherwise great level. This girl's going to be good?

Make her be. Spite Arkis.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Make her be. Spite Arkis.

She's gotten 4 Spd and 3 Str so far (she's level 7 at present), as well as levelling up several other stats too, even if it's once like Def or Mst (Oh boy that's a Mst potion if I've seen one). I see her having the chance.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All I have to add is, you better succeed where I failed and kill Ernst with Maerchen.

That.... that is a challenge I might just accept.

He's going to get used more than Vega this time that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what's worse than Brave Crossbows? Hidden Brave Crossbows with Overwatch!

You know what's worse than hidden Brave Crossbows with Overwatch?

Hidden Chu-ko-nu gunners with Overwatch!

You know what's worse then them all? Freaking fog map without Larentia that's filled with ballista and you having to climb a mountain

hated that one. More than Snow map

Just now, Shrimperor said:

You know what's worse then them all? Freaking fog map without Larentia that's filled with ballista and you having to climb a mountain

hated that one. More than Snow map

Well, you know, you CAN do it with Larentia if you do a funny trick, but that means no Shining Shield. I think you have to get her captured in 11-m and then Panacea her.

I don’t know if I’ll pick AC Odyssey back up. I quite enjoyed it in the beginning, but I feel the gameplay got rather stale rather quickly, especially since it’s open world which ideally you would spend more than 30ish hours on. But there’s basically no variation, every quest/objective just ends up being go here and kill __________, usually picking up an item from them/their location and repeat.

The best part actually ended up being the story bits themselves, because making the better choices was a difficult task since they were more then just “doing the nice things = good ending doing the bad things = bad ending”. In one quest, you can choose to let an ally attempt to persuade the villain to stop being a villain after he has repeatedly talked about remembering him being a good person in their youth, but letting him go through with this ends with him being thrown off the building. In another quest, you have to weigh the lives of the last villagers with the plague against the potential impact of this plague, which you know nothing about and, as I’ve repeatedly said, saving them ends with the plague destroying the island.

The worst part is that I was genuinely invested in the main story and I want to know where that goes, but I couldn’t exactly just watch it as no one would make every decision the same, but it’s too long for playing through it to be feasible.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Midgame, I think. You shouldn't go into Civilization expecting a quick game. A single match of Civilization will take you days, the games are that damn long.

Yes, I just got to above half way done and it’s day 2 of this one.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wanna know what else is worse than Brave Crossbows?

My grades

That science class again?

Raffin just took the tank I was trying to leave for Kate.

He did get Spd though.

And then Roger got into Bartz's range, nearly killed him and took 0 damage.

I should have remembered he had more move.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know if I’ll pick AC Odyssey back up. I quite enjoyed it in the beginning, but I feel the gameplay got rather stale rather quickly, especially since it’s open world which ideally you would spend more than 30ish hours on. But there’s basically no variation, every quest/objective just ends up being go here and kill __________, usually picking up an item from them/their location and repeat.

F

Why not try Skline Freerange 2 Gachduine next?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That science class again?

Nah, I actually understand it now!

Also, yes, those other three units that leave at the beginning of every attack animation are occupying the same tile. Forget pair-up, SRW has done four units on the same tile.

Putting up to four units in a squad, maps that let you deploy up to seventeen or eighteen squads. You're already deploying near sixty units per map, and you'll still have plenty more in the bench. Game's balanced on this in any case. Enemies can also come in squads as well.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, that one was worse? I dunno, that dragon wasnt fun to deal with...

I loved it, personally.

I hated everything about that map

Fog

Terrain

Taking away your flier

Ballista spam

Hidden enemies everywhere  so Ballista can snipe you. Not even with all your detection characters you can spot hidden enemies

Cliffs you are forced to climb while Ballista are sniping you

I really really hated that map.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

About how far into a game of civilization do you start worrying about actually winning and not just surviving/progressing?

Usually around the Medieval Era. Once you're after the Ancient and Classical eras, you should be mostly done with settling cities, barring a watery map with lots of islands, and you ought to be safe from an immediate indefensible invasion too. After this, you should be focusing on getting your initial round of Builders out, laying down Districts, plus churning out units if you're going for Domination.

As for Districts...

• A couple Campuses are good for any victory approach, and you'll want a lot of them if going for a Science Victory.
  • Theater Squares to be filled with Great Works are for a Culture Victory. New governments and Policy Cards can help with any victory too.
  • Holy Sites for generating Faith to buy Missionaries and Apostles are the cornerstone of Religious Victories. And you need to lay one down early and maybe build a Shrine or run the Holy Sites if you're aiming to found a religion via a Great Prophet, which is mandatory for a Religious Victory. 
  • Commercial Hubs are good for land-based cities and generating Gold and providing Trade Routes, which can provide additional Food, Production, Gold, or even small amounts of Science, Culture, and Faith.
  • Use Harbors instead of Commercial Hubs if the city sits on the coast.
  • Industrial Zones provide Production.
  • Encampments (and walls) can defend your empire, provide Great General points, offer a little Production, and increase the EXP gained by units produced in the city with one. 
  • Aqueducts and Neighborhoods provide additional Housing, but that is about it.

For America, a Culture Victory is a good option. National Parks are tricky for newbies, so stick with Great Works to generate Tourism- the winning stat of Culture Victories. America's Film Studio, which the last Building of the Theatre District, doubles a city's Tourism output to all rival empires that have advanced far enough in the eras.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Nobody said Chu-Ko-Nu could show up in the arena.

KAGA YOU DASTARD

What a shame thieves can't fight them in the arena, because thieves have a chance of stealing the weapons from enemies, even arena foes.