• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I should have been sleeping hours ago, but I am instead trying to validate Amelia's existence and trying to work on my SRPG studio game! AAAA-

12 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I got a Game Over in Mario 3D World, oops - disgraceful but also expected

It's okay, there's no shame in that.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

I should have been sleeping hours ago, but I am instead trying to validate Amelia's existence and trying to work on my SRPG studio game! AAAA-

I always find timezone shenanigans funny. It's 10AM where I live, we're just getting started overhere!

NEO TWEWY's actually coming out in the summer.

Colour me actually interested in a game out this summer.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Was probably for weed.

If you get caught smoking weed (or just doing drugs) and you're a celeb and you get caught doing drugs, it's over. And i mean over, one of the voice actors for Judgment was arrested for drug use and Sega basically recalled the game and changed it so that he wouldn't be a part of it anymore.

Let me look it up, ah here:

“Yakuza” spinoff “Judgment” is getting a character model and Japanese voice acting replacement for its western release due to “unforeseen circumstances,” SEGA announced Friday via Twitter.

“Due to unforeseen circumstances, the character model and Japanese voice for the character of Kyohei Hamura will be adjusted for the Western release of Judgment, launching on June 25, 2019,” SEGA stated. “Screenshots and trailers featuring Hamura have been temporarily removed from all of SEGA’s official channels. Updated versions of these materials will be made available at a later date.

Taki’s arrest resulted in SEGA halting sales of “Judgment” in Japan, as drug use in the country is comparatively more controversial to the public (and drug laws more strictly enforced) than in some western countries.

The arrest also caused Disney a bit of a headache, as Taki provides the voice of Olaf in the Japanese version of “Frozen.” Disney stores in Tokyo have opted to pull blu-rays and soundtracks for the movie from its shelves and Disney issued a statement that it has halted production of “Frozen” blu-rays and DVDs, according to Japan Today."

Yeah, Japan will actually end you if you're a celeb who got caught with drugs.

Seems like he is being arrested for phishing according to NHK.

Nintendo have reuploaded the Nintendo Online overview video for the billionth time. I found this comment in the new upload:

"If I had a dollar for every time they reuploaded this video, I'd have enough money to sue them for faulty joycons."

You made my morning, unknown person. The entire comment section is just dissing Nintendo for their shit, but I think this is my favorite of them all.

Oh yeah there was a trailer with the release date. (NEO TWEWY, apologies, kinda spoiling the original as well.)

Spoiler

So, the game's more about fighting other teams of players in a competition with the survivors returning to life. Which is odd sure, but it's also got reapers from Shinjuku getting involved (which is relevant as all the new reapers are from there and the events of AND (Where Shibukyu was also brought into the game), is this their game being used?). Time Travel is specifically involved in altering events, so chances are this will be involved in getting the best ending too. Combat wise nothing particularly new barring the fact you fight players, but in the items there's now a separate slot for shoes. The game apparently has not got full voice acting, but there's every possibility that those lines hadn't been recorded yet, unlikely though that is. Also, Neku's involved. I have many questions because a reaper he is not. In the same cutscene he goes in front of the party but Minamimoto is missing. Is he going to run off, betray, die? Not a notion myself.

Design wise, interesting seeing returning characters and changes to their design (Uzuki is wearing a suit and somehow has a corset waistcoat, Coco apparently has aged at least 5 years in 3, not to mention Neku where there's a ton to ask about. Hell, I got a wild line or two to consider)

Spoiler

People are certain that's Neku. However, he's intentionally covering his face and the character's hair is blond in the box art. At first I thought it could be a goof, but if it isn't, I've got two wildly speculative threads.

The first is definitely fishing with nothing, but the possibility Joshua's pretending to be Neku crossed my mind. His hair definitely doesn't look that similar though, so my theory is based on a question of motive: could this be him atoning to the guy who helped open his eyes to the world? But then why is he defending Rindo's squad unless it has something to do with the fate of Shibuya as a whole?

Looking at the hair it's actually pretty akin to Rindo. However, this is also doubtful as the guy does seem taller even with what little we have. But time travel has been confirmed, so this is definitely a possibility.

And, just a screenshot that's shown up:

https://images.gamespress.com/Content/Artwork/NickNack/Square-Enix/artwork/2021/04/09071249-c7b893dc-bda7-418f-bc4a-6e1242733485/Scan_02.png?lightbox=y&ex=2021-06-01+03%3A00%3A00&sky=3aec8cbfa826bb687f3723606d8290ff428c1fe3cefb3b2a9eae87c6df12afdf&w=1024&maxheight=4096&mode=pad&format=png

Glad to see this kinda stupid's still in the game.

There's also a T-Rex noise. I apologise for not mentioning this already.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nintendo have reuploaded the Nintendo Online overview video for the billionth time. I found this comment in the new upload:

"If I had a dollar for every time they reuploaded this video, I'd have enough money to sue them for faulty joycons."

You made my morning, unknown person. The entire comment section is just dissing Nintendo for their shit, but I think this is my favorite of them all.

Youtube lets companies fly with this shit all the time and smaller creators get screwed if they have to reupload a video.

There's multiple shitty parts to the machine there, irrespective of Ninty being decades behind on their online provision and being brutal in response.

Edited by Dayni

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Fantasy people have swords, particularly main characters. This is a basic fact of reality, like death and breathing to live.
  • Swords have a long established history of being revered in cultures from Northern Europe to Japan. More common weapons like bows, spears, axes, and maces, not as much if at all.
  • In the Beginning, meaning 1999 in the Gregorian count, there was no Sword but one with green, which was accompanied by boomerang, bombs and hookshot. It was a creation in the void which would tell us of little of what would come.
  • Then came the Blue and Red Harbingers of 2001, who revealed the Sacred Path of the Blade Alone to the world.
  • When more than a half-decade had passed and the Third Coming had arrived, there was no true evangelization of the Gladius Undying.
    • The Flaming Lion had died and the Radiant Flame only took its place, the Cel-Shading of Wind replaced the Shota of Time the same.
    • The Greek Angel and Galaxia Bat Without Equal were born. But did either show such similarity to the Men of the Hot and Dry Insignia as to draw the ire and attention of all but the most paranoid?
  • No. I do think that it is was not until the Fourth Incarnation, that awoke within us consciousness against the prevalence of the xiphas. For it is it here that the Son of Pherae joined with his distant relatives, and they were accompanied by the One Who Fled From Time, the Grandmaster and the Dragon With a Chainsaw. So too arrived a Mirror's Reflection, a Clairvoyant Cutlass, and a Soldier of All Creation.
    • And above all, alongside the Fist and the Gun, the cutting kris was codified as one of the Trimurti, from whence all fighting spirit derives.

As the first two less absurdly coded tenets point out, I acknowledge that swords have been and are a big deal. I also accept that, although it is a recent phenomena within the Smash canon, the sword has been enshrined as a principle form of combatant.

Hence, I consider myself a moderate anti-sword Smash fan. I see the basic facts, and I won't ask for the impossible of removing extant sword users or stopping their future inclusion entirely. What I politely ask for, is for the new additions of sword users to be kept in check. I acknowledge that practitioners of the blade can be very different from each other. Yet even so, I wish for their numbers to be restrained.

Er... that's one overdramatic way of phrasing it...

Perhaps, but i think that there's a point where people take it to far or are simply hypocrites, which is sad. And either way, they have tons of fist/martial characters in the game, so shouldn't those be counted as well?

My sleep is quite off... guess I should fix that today.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Perhaps, but i think that there's a point where people take it to far or are simply hypocrites, which is sad. And either way, they have tons of fist/martial characters in the game, so shouldn't those be counted as well?

“But anime!” Who’s Ryu and why do you ask?

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Jaffar is an Assassin, so maybe he doesn't count, but his stats are great.

Yeah the thing about Jaffar is that while he's technically a promoted Thief, Assassins' are so much more combat capable.

You could make the same argument with Colm. Make Colm an Assassin and he basically becomes a new character. But if we're talking good thief promos, Rogue is pretty good. Maintains the Thief niche while making them combat capable but not to the extent that an Assassin does.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A Castlevania fighting game spinoff that fans of the now-dead franchise wish to write out of existence

I'm guessing it's really bad?

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nintendo have reuploaded the Nintendo Online overview video for the billionth time.

They say that Nintendo Switch Online Overview is the last thing someone sees before they die.

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They say that Nintendo Switch Online Overview is the last thing someone sees before they die.

“W-where will I go?? What will happen to me?”

More games. More features. More fun. Nintendo Switch Online.

Er... that's one overdramatic way of phrasing it...

It took me too long to write it, but I stubbornly persisted in my madness.

Perhaps, but i think that there's a point where people take it to far or are simply hypocrites, which is sad.

Hence me needing to distinguish myself as a moderate. I know those crazies who think Byleth and Pyra ate their parents and shat them out on grandpa's grave exist. The Internet assures they'll exist and be vocal about it.

And either way, they have tons of fist/martial characters in the game, so shouldn't those be counted as well?

With Ryu/Ken and Terry, possibly Bayo though she be Beat 'Em Up not Fighting in genre, and particularly Mii Brawler, I do see Smash as codifying a place for fisticuffs.

As for a counterargument... 

• First, I acknowledge the majority of "brawlers" are humanoids, with the exact same four basic limbs arranged in the exact same way, with similar proportions. No Smash brawler is Ultros and jabs with eight tentacles. Some deviation exists, Kirby has the four limbs but their proportions are different, though nothing extreme.
  • Second, for those who aren't from fighting/beat 'em up games, it's less the limbs and the kicks and punches they bring that define them, as it is a natural feature supplementing their main gimmick or flair. Sword users I suppose are defined more by the blade, which isn't something you're born with, it's a weapon you could throw away, unlike your right arm.

But I'm generally bad at assembling arguments, so I'll stop here.

Just now, Armagon said:

I'm guessing it's really bad?

From what I'm aware, the gameplay itself isn't that bad. It apparently resembles a fighting game cult classic known as Power Stone, which judging from a clip I watched of Castlevania: Judgement gameplay once long ago, is free to take advantage of its 3D arenas. Soulcalibur by comparison is stuck on an invisible 2D line between the two combatants.

The greatest issue is the character designs. The guy in the middle in black of the image I posted is Simon Belmont roughly based on his PS1 Castlevania Chronicles redesign, could you figure that out? The designs are excessive, garish, oversaturated with anime zaniness, and in some cases totally unfaithful. Where is Death's dark blue/purple robe?

The character designs had some impact on their personalities too, giving them "anime" tendencies. Simon for instance suffers from insecurity I read, thinking it wasn't he who slew Dracula so much as its was his Vampire Killer whip. The worst case is Maria, who as Acacia alluded to before, gained out freakin' of nowhere an obsession with big boobs.

s0aFu2T.jpg

delicious

I noticed that certain stages can only be beaten with just certain character. This stage offered coloured blocks which (dis-)appear alternately. Jumps in time are possible, but very hard to time, so Peach's floating ability came in handy. Also in some stages offer switches which can only be unlocked with one certain character. So far Peach has been definitely the savior for me since her airgame saves me from doing very tricky jumps. Though I usually switch character after each stage, so everyone gets equal spotlight.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Once you have these, you need to fill the 2 Great Works of Writing, 3 Great Works of Art (Art Museum) or Artifacts (Archaeological Museum) slots, and 1 Great Work of Music slot those Theater Square buildings provide. Theater Squares and their buildings will naturally generate Great Writer, Artist, and Musician points, and you can gain more of these Great Person points by running the Theater Square Performances project. Once you have enough, if you've beaten the other empires to that Great Person, they'll appear in a city of yours and can dump their Great Works in any building or Wonder able to hold them.

Like I need all my slots filled for the victory?

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The greatest issue is the character designs. The guy in the middle in black of the image I posted is Simon Belmont roughly based on his PS1 Castlevania Chronicles redesign, could you figure that out? The designs are excessive, garish, oversaturated with anime zaniness, and in some cases totally unfaithful. Where is Death's dark blue/purple robe?

Ah, i see. They went the Bayformers route where you can't actually tell who's who.

Oh hey, cute little detail in Ruby's paralogue that I didn't know until now: After Ruby interacts with one of the Sinon Knights, she can return to the cave to let the villagers know that help has arrived. There's no reward for doing this, just a neat extra interaction to watch.

21 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I noticed that certain stages can only be beaten with just certain character. This stage offered coloured blocks which (dis-)appear alternately. Jumps in time are possible, but very hard to time, so Peach's floating ability came in handy. Also in some stages offer switches which can only be unlocked with one certain character. So far Peach has been definitely the savior for me since her airgame saves me from doing very tricky jumps. Though I usually switch character after each stage, so everyone gets equal spotlight.

You: Peach's floating ability is super nice, but I don't want anyone to feel left out, so I switch character every level, give everyone a chance to prove themselves.

Me: L U I G I

Anyway, yeah, the disappearing blocks can be tricky. Being able to float helps a ton there.

Hmm

I need to rework my ''Shrimpy selected'' playlist

add a couple Fate and Berwick tracks, remove some odd ones, etc.

Let's see

Clouds of War, Vie and Crusade from Berwick, i think

Fun fact: Shrimpy selected BGM playlist has only 2 FE tracks, and i think i might yeet em out

I do have a FE playlist, but i rarely listen to it lol

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Clouds of War, Vie and Crusade from Berwick, i think

I sense a distinct lack of Knight's Pride and Under The Banner Of Sinon...

Vie's an interesting choice, I must say. Not saying it's a bad one, quite the contrary, but it's not one that you tend to see.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fun fact: Shrimpy selected BGM playlist has only 2 FE tracks, and i think i might yeet em out

I do have a FE playlist, but i rarely listen to it lol

Which tracks are those, just out of curiousity?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I sense a distinct lack of Knight's Pride and Under The Banner Of Sinon...

Wouldn't really fit with the playlist, i think xD

Ok, Knight's Pride would

Vie's an interesting choice, I must say. Not saying it's a bad one, quite the contrary, but it's not one that you tend to see

you know how much i love Vie, though

Which tracks are those, just out of curiousity?

SoV Celica Map 1 and FE5 defeat theme

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Wouldn't really fit with the playlist, i think xD

Ok, Knight's Pride would

Knight's Pride goes with everything. Add it to the list, damnit!

you know how much i love Vie, though

I do, you specifically requested its extension and all. Just find it an interesting choice, is all.

SoV Celica Map 1 and FE5 defeat theme

Ah yes, the "Kaga decided to spawn 10 sorcerers on Dagdar" theme. Not bad, not bad at all.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You: Peach's floating ability is super nice, but I don't want anyone to feel left out, so I switch character every level, give everyone a chance to prove themselves.

Me: L U I G I

Anyway, yeah, the disappearing blocks can be tricky. Being able to float helps a ton there.

Luigi is probably #2 for me.

I mean I like using everyone aside of Toad who's a bit too fast honestly and too tiny to jump on certain blocks.

Anyways last free day (excluding weekend) comes slowly but steady to an end. I review the vacation with mixed, actually rather positive feelings. First week was great to spend out and second week was perfect for playing games. Overall I'm satisfied even if weather in the second week was / is a disaster.

"Although her skills are still rough and in need of training, [Lord Reese] acknowledges her potential as a warrior."

1 point of spear skill and 3 experience and she promotes.

She has higher defense than Reese.

Ward, you're talking out of your ass. Ruby's amazing. That's the power of favoritism for ya!

1 minute ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I mean I like using everyone aside of Toad who's a bit too fast honestly and too tiny to jump on certain blocks.

One thing to keep in mind is that in the original game everyone was slower. Not entirely sure why they made them run faster in the Switch version, but I imagine Toad must give Sonic a run for his money now. Quite literally!