Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

that would be my worst nightmare, honestly

especially with how faithful FE remakes tend to be

Conflicting hopes for the next FE? That won't do at all. You must die now. Please don't hold it against me.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Conflicting hopes for the next FE? That won't do at all. You must die now. Please don't hold it against me.

inb4 we both get bamboozled lol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE9 port. Just straight up port, no changes made.

No joke, I think I'd rather take Three Houses 2.

yeah same lol

I love FE9, but i don't wanna just the same thing over again

although i might buy it just to have it in my collection

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No joke, I think I'd rather take Three Houses 2.

Ruben, what happened to you? I had high hopes for you, too! 

...Traitor. XD

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, what happened to you? I had high hopes for you, too! 

...Traitor. XD

Three Houses is my most hated FE, not the one I think is the worst. PoR can have as good a story as it wants - it doesn't save it from being so profoundly boring that I'd take even a second Three Houses over it. Because at least a second Three Houses might feel less held together with duct tape, chewing gum and prayers.

Of course, when I say "I'd rather take", what I really mean is "I would take neither." There are few things FE could do at this point that I wouldn't give a hard pass to, I'm afraid.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

inb4 we all get bamboozled and we actually get a new non-remake FE

...This'd be another pass for me. At least until I can be absolutely certain that it won't suck. And that would mean... basically spoiling the entire game for myself, because I no longer trust FE lol

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...This'd be another pass for me. At least until I can be absolutely certain that it won't suck

we are so similiar, yet so different

xD

Just found out that EA got their Frostbite game engine source code stolen.

EA has a mandate where every game within all their studios must use Frostbite which means the source code for basically all of their games is out there now.

Maybe next time don't make a mandate like that.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Dimitri's and Edelgard's beef is a lot more personal. I know none of it is actually confirmed by the game, but the implications are there somewhat.

It's kinda hard for that tho, considering Edelgard doesn't remember until just before the final battle.

But yeah, even if it was personal, I still find it OoC that she would use a Slither experiment on herself like that.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

inb4 we both get bamboozled lol

Yeah it's gonna be Fire Emblem Warriors 2.

FR though, i would want PoR to be remade/remastered/HD'd/whatever mostly cause a $300 FE game isn't very... readily playable for most. And you shouldn't have to use an emulator or play the JP version for that.

The latest Fire Emblem games turned more or less into a SRPG or how they are called with dungeon exploring and taking quests. I just want to see a Fire Emblem game which is a Fire Emblem game, means simply a tactical round based strategy game. I don't need all the twaddle Echoes and Three Houses had. Echoes has the excuse since the original had it, but it's nothing I want to see in this series (one reason why I neither enjoyed the original, nor the remake). If Judgral or Tellius should get a remake for some unknown reason with Echoes's style, I'd not buy it - regardless as much I like the originals.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

cyft7ooa3k471.png

Cute.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just found out that EA got their Frostbite game engine source code stolen.

EA has a mandate where every game within all their studios must use Frostbite which means the source code for basically all of their games is out there now.

Maybe next time don't make a mandate like that.

Sounds great for FIFA/Madden fans. "Legacy editions" every single year on Switch? Nah, the fans will go and recreate all the newfangled modes the other systems get every year which Nintendo doesn't b/c EA lazy and anti-Ninty as cluck.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

For real tho, the best FE game they can announce at E3 is Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2.

Loads better than 3H 2, easily. I'd be down for this honestly as long as they added more options for the player to use in game. biggest drawback is the lack of usable skills. Fix that, and it's golden for gameplay.

I posted this on Discord and I was debating whether or not to post it here but fuck it, this thread has seen more degenerate stuff.

unknown.png

Monolith Soft you horny bastards.

(A lot of the Specials really are just tits huh).

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

biggest drawback is the lack of usable skills

What?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What?

How many non repetitive action skills does the player get? For example: Deals thunder based damage ----> deals mid based thunder damage ----> deals heavy thunder based damage. I wouldn't count those as unique skills.

Like, there a 9 thunder based spells in game. there needs to be more for more diversity. They are all way too similar.

Edit: here a link to the commands page. As you can see, alot of them are redundant. I think making them more unique could do alot for the game.

Edited by lightcosmo

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

For real tho, the best FE game they can announce at E3 is Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2.

👍

I can think of a number of ways to build on the base the first game created, I'd like to see it acted on. Ways to integrate more Fire Emblem trappings and to overall improve the experience.

-I shouldn't list those possible improvements, because of how unlikely the prospects of a sequel are. Sales mean a lot.

18 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

For real tho, the best FE game they can announce at E3 is Project X Zone 3.

fify

Now that Sega owns Atlus, a Persona duo unit would be inevitable, and probably a solo as well, that'd be a serious improvement for the game. SMT... probably just Jack Frost. Although I'd like to see Lucifer under a razor-thin alias show up in NPC capacity, the dude already loves observing situations -but he is always so serious, he could loosen up for once.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Monolith Soft you horny bastards.

(A lot of the Specials really are just tits huh).

Banpresto it doesn't appear to have contributed much to PXZ, but I ponder how much of it is influence from them via the Endless Frontiers. -Although it is possibly pure coincidence that they picked a bunch of endowed heroines to be playable in this crossover.

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you play Xeno, you shouldn't be surprised

Would you really consider Xeno anymore scandalous than most other JRPGs? 

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How many non repetitive action skills does the player get? For example: Deals thunder based damage ----> deals mid based thunder damage ----> deals heavy thunder based damage. I wouldn't count those as unique skills.

I mean "base-ra-aga" of pure vertical upgrades has been around since nearly the dawn of JRPGs, as uninspiring as it is. Although, modern Xeno does avoid the trap entirely.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer