MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How would you even know it?!

I read the plot.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, Volcens, Armago. Volcens.

Voicemail.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

SP is supposed to release in English this month, so hopefully it won't take too long after it finishes in Japan.

It's on the 24th I believe so a well after the Netflix JP airing is done.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I want to give Folka the Last Standing but something is making me hesitate. I feel like I should save it for someone on Rook’s side, for some reason.

Also holy crap do I lose track of the time when playing this game. Maybe I shouldn’t be trying to finish chapters in one session.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gotta agree with you on this one. He was fine, but that's about it. Travant used his limited time a lot better, I feel.

And I think I'll concur on Travant. Although in his case, the theme of Thracia (particularly the Thracia version) is sultry beauty to my ears. You can't excuse his own massacre ofc, nor his horrendous treatment of Altena despite proclamations by Kaga that he loved her as a daughter. But his aspirations and his frustrations are more understandable even in FE4 alone than Arvis's are. The men are fairly similar, but Travant was better to me. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Except Valgard, if you wanna count him as new. The poor guy's just kinda... Egil 4.

Maybe he'd be better if he was this?

valguard.jpg

Valguard.

I'm told it can transform into the physically largest and arguably most broken of all Banpresto Original giant robots- Valzacard.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sole Survivor - Juno wanders alone for all eternity.

Don't worry about it. Trust me on this one.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I read the plot.

Yeah, sure. You read the entire script. You cannot prove it!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Voicemail.

Okay, I'll give you a pass because I loved that.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

holy crap do I lose track of the time when playing this game.

Hah! Well, I'll take that as a compliment for the games, which makes me quite happy!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe he'd be better if he was this?

valguard.jpg

Valguard.

Well... Yeah, probably. The guy's only got a small shield and a killer beard. Which hey, could probably take on a mecha with the beard, but having a mecha of his own wouldn't hurt.

Most broken of the OGs? Yeah, Valzacard certainly can contest for the title.

Having a Seishin pool of like 5-6 pilots helps for that, haha.

I went ahead and gave it to Folka. Then I thought of Fasolt and tried to reload, but it was too late.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I went ahead and gave it to Folka. Then I thought of Fasolt and tried to reload, but it was too late.

Fuck Fasolt. He's the Three Houses of Banner Saga characters.

Spoiler

Oh no, it’s Bolverk. Folka, you better help us and not attempt to join him or something. I just spent all my renown on a heroic title for you!

Spoiler

YOU’RE GIVING HIM HIS AXE BACK!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FOLKA?

Trust Folka’s intuition or pull her away? Ohnoohnohnoohnoohnoohno.

Edited by Sooks

Spoiler

I mean, I’ve already made good choices twice by trusting Folka’s intuition with Bolverk, and the game said Bolverk shifted for a second before going back to normal so… go Folka!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Death counter: 5, I’m pretty sure.

Spoiler

I just spent all my renown giving her a title and she didn’t even get to use it.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

I mean, I’ve already made good choices twice by trusting Folka’s intuition with Bolverk, and the game said Bolverk shifted for a second before going back to normal so… go Folka!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Death counter: 5, I’m pretty sure.

Hide contents

I just spent all my renown giving her a title and she didn’t even get to use it.

I was wondering if you'd be able to avoid that one.

Spoiler

If it makes you feel better, this is up there with Gunnulf and Onef as something that everyone falls for. Myself included, of course. The game tells you like 5 times that Folka is always right... And then she isn't.

On the bright side, Iver loses an eye if he saves Folka, and now he hasn't, so... Guess there's that?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was wondering if you'd be able to avoid that one.

Reveal hidden contents

If it makes you feel better, this is up there with Gunnulf and Onef as something that everyone falls for. Myself included, of course. The game tells you like 5 times that Folka is always right... And then she isn't.

On the bright side, Iver loses an eye if he saves Folka, and now he hasn't, so... Guess there's that?

Well, I feel better that you fell for that one too.

Spoiler

I don’t remember the game ever saying she wasn’t always right, especially since her plans were the way to go twice. And from what I read, her plan in regards to splitting the caravan up was best, I think.

So like, Iver would have gotten an eyepatch? That probably would have looked cool.

Hey do I get her title back if she died? I mean probably not for obvious reasons… but I spent all my renown upgrading it and she didn’t even get to participate in one battle before she died.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I feel better that you fell for that one too.

Hide contents

I don’t remember the game ever saying she wasn’t always right, especially since her plans were the way to go twice. And from what I read, her plan in regards to splitting the caravan up was best, I think.

So like, Iver would have gotten an eyepatch? That probably would have looked cool.

Hey do I get her title back if she died? I mean probably not for obvious reasons… but I spent all my renown upgrading it and she didn’t even get to participate in one battle before she died.

Spoiler

Yeah, the game really insists trusting Folka is the way to go. And then it trolls you.

Iver wouldn't have gotten an eyepatch, he would've just gone on with one eye and a shredded horn.

As for your last question... Huh. I don't know, actually. Check and let me know.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Iver wouldn't have gotten an eyepatch, he would've just gone on with one eye and a shredded horn.

Also on the bright side, that was probably the coolest death so far, at least for the plot.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Also on the bright side, that was probably the coolest death so far, at least for the plot.

Spoiler

"I really liked you, Folka. That's why I gave you a chance to run."

I probably would've appreciated that line more if I wasn't too busy cursing myself for my stupidity.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

"I really liked you, Folka. That's why I gave you a chance to run."

I probably would've appreciated that line more if I wasn't too busy cursing myself for my stupidity.

Same.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Hello! What did I miss?

I spent all of my renown purchasing and upgrading a heroic title (which have effects in battle) for a character in Banner Saga 3 and got her killed in the very next story sequence.

The title was “the Last Standing”, which I find absolutely hilarious as a subconscious mechanism of easing the pain.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I spent all of my renown purchasing and upgrading a heroic title (which have effects in battle) for a character in Banner Saga 3 and got her killed in the very next story sequence.

The title was “the Last Standing”, which I find absolutely hilarious as a subconscious mechanism of easing the pain.

F

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wasp hive beneath the stairs leading up to my apartment, awesome.

See it as a sign, the bees own your apartment, and they want you to leave. Best do what they wish for.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

See it as a sign, the bees own your apartment, and they want you to leave. Best do what they wish for.

Nah, bees are cool.

But these aren't bees. These are demons.