Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mean "base-ra-aga" of pure vertical upgradesĀ has been around since nearly the dawn of JRPGs, as uninspiring as it is. Although, modern Xeno does avoid the trap entirely.

And i think that FF falls into the same trap as TMS, those skills feel... meh after a while cause your just on autopilot with options there.

It wasn't till FF XIII that they finally decided to try something new.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

For real tho, the best FE game they can announce at E3 is Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2.

Ahahahahah. Honestly, the chance I get what I want is so low that I'd almost be willing to root for you, Armagon. It's gonna be a pass either way, so...

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

posted this on Discord and I was debating whether or not to post it here but fuck it, this thread has seen more degenerate stuff.

unknown.png

Monolith Soft you horny bastards.

Oh shit, it's Frank West!

Now that Sega owns Atlus, a Persona duo unit would be inevitable, and probably a solo as well, that'd be a serious improvement for the game.Ā SMT... probably just Jack Frost. Although I'd like to see Lucifer under a razor-thin aliasĀ show up inĀ NPC capacity, the dude already loves observing situationsĀ -but he is always so serious, he could loosen up for once.

That's one of the reasons.

Ā 

I'm serious enough to say that at least Project X Zone 2 had very good maps and gameplay which came close enough to Fire Emblem.

The chapter in which to defend the shop shuttle was a really well designed defense chapter with a surprisingly high difficulty.

Ā 

Edit: As for a theoretical TMS2, it'd be wise to use Devil Survivor's gameplay since it's a roundbased tactical JRPG.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

22 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

fify

True.

With more Monolith Soft characters. At the very least, there's no way we wouldn't see Xenoblade 2 on there.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you play Xeno, you shouldn't be surprised

*Insert Perfect Works cover here*.

Now that Sega owns Atlus, a Persona duo unit would be inevitable, and probably a solo as well, that'd be a serious improvement for the game.

And there's no way it wouldn't be P5 reps specifically.

Although I imagine Joker wouldn't be one of them, as far as I can tell, the PxZs avoid silent characters. Namco x Capcom did get away with it (it had fucking Dig Dug) but Sega wasn't a part of that.

Would you really consider Xeno anymore scandalous than most other JRPGs?Ā 

I will say tho, PxZ does turn up the horniness meter on KOS-MOS' famous boob cannon up to 11.

tenor_2.gif

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh shit, it's Frank West!

Frank West is actually one of my favorite characters in this entire game. Like, I won't play Dead Rising because that's just not my sort of game but man, he's so good and the fact that his partner is a Chinese zombie girl is just perfect.

Now if only their speed wasn't atrocious. No seriously

unknown.png

They're always near or straight-up the last unit to act.

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

The chapter in which to defend the shop shuttle was a really well designed defense chapter with a surprisingly high difficulty.

Oh PxZ2 actually becomes an SRPG? Cause PxZ1 is fun but it's really more of an RPG on a grid than like, an actual SRPG.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh PxZ2 actually becomes an SRPG? Cause PxZ1 is fun but it's really more of an RPG on a grid than like, an actual SRPG.

Idr 1 that well anymore, but 2 is a SRPG with different mission objectives comparable to FE.

Gameplaywise I like it a lot more.

Edited by Zan Partizanne

3 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Idr 1 that well anymore, but 2 is a SRPG with different mission objectives comparable to FE.

LeaHappy.png

Man, I'm really looking forward to it now.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Would you really consider Xeno anymore scandalous than most other JRPGs?Ā 

It's definetly up there. It's no Idea Factory or Falcom, but it's up there.

Thankfully from what i see the horny is mostly kept to character designs and doesn't affect how they act

2 irl 4 me irl

i thought you were a dragon not a lobster šŸ˜›

Edited by Shrimperor

improvements: aside of having more mission objectives it matters from which side you attack

cons: the game doesn't use OST anymore but remixes (which very most of them are worse than the original)

Ā 

also one personal con:

Spoiler

removal of Frank West

Ā 

Edited by Zan Partizanne

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I will say tho, PxZ does turn up the horniness meter on KOS-MOS' famous boob cannon up to 11.

tenor_2.gif

giphy.gif

EF did it first. Haken, Kaguya, Reiji, Xiaomu, Saya,Ā Kossy, and Telo Telo, all look like they're using upscaled artwork from EF.

And why'd I'd cutĀ this a coupleĀ seconds too short leaving out the ending explosions?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

cons: the game doesn't use OST anymore but remixes (which very most of them are worse are the original)

Another con is that Frank West and Hsien-Ko didn't make the cut so hard to say if the sequel is truly an improvement.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

giphy.gif

EF did it first. Haken, Kaguya, Reiji, Xiaomu, Saya,Ā Kossy, and Telo Telo, all look like they're using upscaled artwork from EF.

I'd say it's more likely they redrew them using the EF art as a base.

Mainly because the shading is different, I don't think a simple upscale would cause that.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Is Draggy about to change his BGM loyalities?

The one thing that sets Lucia apart still is that I haven't played the Touhou game this is from.
But yeah, as far as BGMs (and songs in general) go, this comes pretty darn close to beating out Lucia. I did call the original version "almost Lucia tier" after all!

A large part about what I like about this theme isn't actually the music itself (although it does match my tastes perfectly, just like Lucia), but it's actually more the character it is associated with. Same as Lucia, really. I already talked at length about Malvasia, so I'll spare you the sermon, but the character whose theme this is has a backstory that just says "Draggy's gonna love this!"
To wit:
Basically, Byakuren was a Buddhist nun, until one day her brother died, at which point she began to fear death. And so she started to seek immortality, and ended up attaining it through use of dark magic (thus basically turning her back on Buddhism, and practically becoming a Youkai herself). She also used her newfound powers to restore her youth. Now, the caviat is that she can only stay immortal so long as Youkai are around, so she did everything she could to protect them to preserve her immortality, while posing as someone who exterminates them. Over time, this selfish need turned into a genuine desire to help Youkai, and to have Youkai and humans live together in harmony. People didn't like this, however, so she was sealed away for a thousand years.
And her original theme does such a good job of reflecting all that. Her hope, her sorrow, and her resolve... all perfectly captured by the music. And THAT is what makes me love it so much, beyond it just being damn good music!

Not to mention, she is one of the nicest characters in the entire cast of Touhou. Hence her fan nickname "Youkai Jesus". xD

Also, from this, it should be no secret to ANYONE that Byakuren is easily my favorite character in Touhou.

And yes, this is the character they gave a motorcycle to in a later fighting game spin-off. XD

Edited by DragonFlames