• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

....you can reach him before the reinforcements come?

You LTC'ing or something?

I'm trying to figure the map out, no success so far.

With how many enemies turn up I feel overwhelmed when I get around the halfway point as per usual. I want to confirm if this avenue is possible, much as Takumi's a butt with Wary fighter so my Odin can't double.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm trying to figure the map out, no success so far

Take it slowly. The reinforcements that spawn at/after Hinata should be the only troublesome ones iirc, and efficient use of attack stance should allow you to clear em out in one PP.

In Oboro's part, there's exactly 1 space where she can reach you but the rest can't (atleast on Lunatic). I have a pic somewhere let me look for it

Edited by Father Shrimpas

On 8/29/2021 at 1:39 PM, Father Shrimpas said:

BN20qdy.png

Here, i marked it for you. There's one Spot where only Oboro's pair up can attack you. You use someone to kill the spear master from 2 range, dance him in a place where Azura is safe, thne kill the Spear Maser from the Marked spot. Only Oboro's pair up can attack you now, and the rest will move towards you, where you can pick em up

@Dayni there, something i sent to Ruben back then as obvious from the generics xD

1 spot you can bait Oboro's group while the rest can't attack you. You need someone to survive oboro tho

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

In Oboro's part, there's exactly 1 space where she can't reach you (atleast on Lunatic). I have a pic somewhere let me look for it

I have her squad effectively handled by Odin actually.

The problem is that if I have him fight her his defence disappears. He can beat her actually, that's not the problem here.

Turns out you meant Possessed. This is a Lunatic playthrough in Unhappy Reunion I'm on about.

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I have her squad effectively handled by Odin actually.

The problem is that if I have him fight her his defence disappears. He can beat her actually, that's not the problem here.

Turns out you meant Possessed. This is a Lunatic playthrough in Unhappy Reunion I'm on about.

10 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

oh

OH

Sorry xD

Well, @Saint Rubenio was able to kill Takumi

Step 1: Put Haitaka in Nichol.

Step 2: Fly Nichol to Takumi.

Step 3: Haitaka teaches Takumi a little lesson in Hoshidan combat.

Oh hey, it's December. You know what time it is

9 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Is normal mode the true nightmare mode or something 😛 

It would explain how you've breezed through the same series of games that kicks me in the balls and steals my arepas.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wait it's not?

Nope.

So now we have Stone Ocean the anime, Stone Ocean the Stand (in the West because "copyright" even though using the original names would actually be a win-win cause like

Screenshot_20211201-183341.png?width=272

Screenshot_20211201-183412.png?width=279

Screenshot_20211201-183421.png?width=316

I've got a whole custom album of all the musical references used in JoJo. I should update it

Anyways nobody has ever sued Araki for his usage of names and stuff so i don't get why localizations are so deathly afraid of using the original names especially when you can still hear the original names in Japanese. Makes it really jarring when you hear "Sticky Fingers" but read "Zipper Man").

...where was i. Oh right, they called the OP "Stone Ocean" so now we have three different things called Stone Ocean in the West.

.....you know what, fuck it. Reality can be whatever i want

Screenshot_20211201-184449.png?width=264

Changing the name (also the OPs for Parts 1 and 2 are there, they just off-screen)

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, time for me to go. Won't be back until at least 7PM PST. Later, guys!

I'm late seeing this but i will wish you well anyways.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ah, that feeling of embarrassment when you have your siblings comparing their spotify year recap but you don't want to because you had by far the smallest time and half of it was probably one video game soundtrack.

Meanwhile me *doesn't use Spotify*

gigachad.jpg

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There we go, it's beaten! The Wall of Flesh is no more! Sweet, sweet loot and everything. Awesome. Time to gaze upon myself in the mirror, looking all victorious, and return home to celebrate with the townsfolk.

MY HOUSE

I DUG A HOLE ALL THE WAY UNDERNEATH PRECISELY SO THIS WOULDN'T HAPPEN

Chainsaw Man pacing.

I haven't read Chainsaw Man but people use that phrase when something like this happens.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I feel like Genealogy took me longer than PoR.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

same

Same.

Granted i had to put my PoR playthrough on hold for two years for the same reason i had to put Baten Kaitos on hold for two years. But it was still smoother and quicker and more importantly, not ass.

Edited by Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Step 1: Put Haitaka in Nichol.

Step 2: Fly Nichol to Takumi.

Step 3: Haitaka teaches Takumi a little lesson in Hoshidan combat.

You do that in Lunatic? And with what if so?

Also that's non-viable at present because I was planning on Silas being paired with Camilla and he of course didn't get married before now anyways.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jojo's bizarre openings talk

Spoiler

So now we have Stone Ocean the anime, Stone Ocean the Stand (in the West because "copyright" even though using the original names would actually be a win-win cause like

Screenshot_20211201-183341.png?width=272

Screenshot_20211201-183412.png?width=279

Screenshot_20211201-183421.png?width=316

I've got a whole custom album of all the musical references used in JoJo. I should update it

Anyways nobody has ever sued Araki for his usage of names and stuff so i don't get why localizations are so deathly afraid of using the original names especially when you can still hear the original names in Japanese. Makes it really jarring when you hear "Sticky Fingers" but read "Zipper Man").

...where was i. Oh right, they called the OP "Stone Ocean" so now we have three different things called Stone Ocean in the West.

.....you know what, fuck it. Reality can be whatever i want

Screenshot_20211201-184449.png?width=264

Changing the name (also the OPs for Parts 1 and 2 are there, they just off-screen)

Sticky Fingers, Soft and Wet, Ball Breaker

If there's no Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger we riot.

Edited by Dayni

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Part 9.

It's already started coming out?

And has that stand in it?

Also i don't think killing him stops the reinforcements. It does stop the DV atleast if you kill him early enough

With the sheer number there's merit in taking him out, but it would be a pretty big stretch.

Guess after getting everything retreating should be my action, but with how many there are I'm uncertain how good I am at it.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Guess after getting everything retreating should be my action, but with how many there are I'm uncertain how good I am at it.

Hmm

if you are having that much trouble, tonic everyone up. HP and Def atleast. Splurge 5k to tonic all important stats for everyone if you have to. That helped me alot in earlier runs.

The enemies on that map aren't particularly strong, so the tonics help alot

I defeated the boss of the Jungle Temple without too much trouble, so I could theoretically begin the endgame of Terraria now. Maybe I'll try out the Frost and Pumpkin Moons first (and the Martian Invasion if I can activate it), and take the opportunity to upgrade my equipment.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Stone Ocean the Stand (in the West because "copyright" even though using the original names would actually be a win-win cause like

What, you don't want to keep Flaccid Pancake (aka Limp Bizkit), the greatest name that ever graced fiction? The next part should have a group of villains with stands named after Weird Al Yankovic songs.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's already started coming out?

And has that stand in it?

No lol. I'm just making a joke.

I mean, Part 9 has been confirmed. But Araki hasn't started it yet.

The question is will Araki reboot again or will he continue the current continuity. Or will he retcon Part 6's dogshit ending and return to the original timeline in the future, featuring Shizuka Joestar as the protagonist?

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

What, you don't want to keep Flaccid Pancake (aka Limp Bizkit), the greatest name that ever graced fiction?

Nah man, that title goes to Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price.

if you are having that much trouble, tonic everyone up. HP and Def atleast. Splurge 5k to tonic all important stats for everyone if you have to. That helped me alot in earlier runs.

I've spent 600 so far and it's actually been pretty good with what I've given alongside the HP tonic from Chapter 5, though I'd like to keep the +4 Str/Spd boost Niles happened to get.

Guess I might have to retreat, but Niles can finish archers in 1 hit after the ballista now.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Flaccid Pancake (aka Limp Bizkit)

That's his name now.

You can't tell me otherwise.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean, Part 9 has been confirmed. But Araki hasn't started it yet.

Alright.

Alas.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The question is will Araki reboot again or will he continue the current continuity. Or will he retcon Part 6's dogshit ending and return to the original timeline in the future, featuring Shizuka Joestar as the protagonist?

There's some spice there isn't there?

Should I just copy Joseph and do this before it's too late?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I've spent 600 so far and it's actually been pretty good with what I've given alongside the HP tonic from Chapter 5, though I'd like to keep the +4 Str/Spd boost Niles happened to get.

aslong as you don't do any other chapter the Niles buff should stay, i think (you can test this without saving)

another thing, sending Niles to the right side (where the archers come from) isn't the right idea imo. I usually leave him in the mid to take care of the fliers coming. On the right side i send 2 strong not flier units with some vulns or a healer. They should be able to clean up there. In my current run it was Myrm Odin and Omnyoji Felicia (through Corn shotgun marriage). They cleaned up there. Nos Odin in your case + someone else should be able to defend that side well (or even clean it) until the last 2-3 or so turns where i recommend retreating to deal with the incoming swarms.

another thing, sending Niles to the right side (where the archers come from) isn't the right idea imo. I usually leave him in the mid to take care of the fliers coming. On the right side i send 2 strong not flier units with some vulns or a healer. They should be able to clean up there. In my current run it was Myrm Odin and Omnyoji Felicia (through Corn shotgun marriage). They cleaned up there. Nos Odin in your case + someone else should be able to defend that side well (or even clean it) until the last 2-3 or so turns where i recommend retreating to deal with the incoming swarms.

I bet Odin can well handle the archers and probably do decently with the spear fighters, considering he's fast enough to double the Pegasi with Felicia paired (and Disrobing Gale, but hush).

I think I've felt I can get away with it because Niles take advantage of the ballista, but that second combatant has been something I should be better on there because as is Silas and Camilla are there which is awkward because she's kind of essential with the numbers later on. Doesn't help I've gotten a plan going on the south that clears the first waves consistently (Namely: Odin Nosfertanks on one side, Corrin and friends take the other.) so restructuring that will be not fun.

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

Chaoter 5 and 9 would be so much better. DSFE as a whole would improve. Sometimes I just want to train Marth.

To be fair, I usually do manage to train Marth. I'm not a fast player, though.

I mean, tbf, stats aren't everything especially in Fates, and his skill set will ensure he will have use atleast for a while.

True, but still. It saddens me he's not popping off and becoming the best unit in the team like he does for me every tine, proving you wrong for your Niles slander of all these years.

Like seriously, I haven't had a not amazing Haitaka. Ever. Why are you cursed with bad Nileses and Haitakas? It's like the universe wants you to remain a base, vanilla, boring, unsophisticated, poopy Mozu fanatic. I apologize.

@Dayni there, something i sent to Ruben back then as obvious from the generics xD

Ahhhh, my first lunatic run.

I still have no idea how I managed to beat Takumi's Fun Castle without save states.

I also have no idea how I'm gonna do it again.

48 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You do that in Lunatic?

So I did, yes.

And with what if so?

Brass naginata, I believe. Seal defense ensured that was all he needed, and the damage and crit reduction came in handy.

Also that's non-viable at present because I was planning on Silas being paired with Camilla and he of course didn't get married before now anyways.

Throw him to Elise, who cares. Then bench him, his daughter and his wife. Make room for generics.

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

defeated the boss of the Jungle Temple without too much trouble, so I could theoretically begin the endgame of Terraria now. Maybe I'll try out the Frost and Pumpkin Moons first (and the Martian Invasion if I can activate it), and take the opportunity to upgrade my equipment.

Sounds like you're making some good progress. Good work!

Can I borrow your house? 

25 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

What, you don't want to keep Flaccid Pancake (aka Limp Bizkit), the greatest name that ever graced fiction?

You know, perhaps it's not such a bad thing that I live under a rock when it comes to music.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's like the universe wants you to remain a base, vanilla, boring, unsophisticated, poopy Mozu fanatic.

I haven't used Mozu in like 4 runs now and am always switching around units 😛

I doubt Omnyoji Felicia is vanilla. I also doubt Ballista Niles is Vanilla. And i am using Haitaka this time around and i wanna see if i can get Kumegara kek

Edited by Father Shrimpas

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Throw him to Elise, who cares. Then bench him, his daughter and his wife.

I care a little.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Make room for generics.

I plan on it.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Brass naginata, I believe. Seal defense ensured that was all he needed, and the damage and crit reduction came in handy.

I suspect you had a fair bit going on to make that work regardless.

I doubt Omnyoji Felicia is vanilla. I also doubt Ballista Niles is Vanilla. And i am using Haitaka this time around and i wanna see if i can get Kumegara kek

It should be quite doable, Shining Bow can help if needed and finishing blows don't trigger counter skills.