• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhh

Well shit this is more vague than i thought tbh.

Oh right, the entire game is spoilers. Yeah, I forgot about that.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

... I see why C was the villains name now... Why? Why would they do that? 

Are you still on CS1? I thought you finished it.

I just got a text from a relative saying senpai noticed them.

They're older than me.

We're doomed.

16 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

thicc thighs save lives?

I think one that thick isn't likely to save you.

Oh no, I think I messed everything up.

I mean, in my defense, I sort of accidentally made the choice, but when I realized what I was doing, I chose to see it through instead of reset. I have a bad feeling about this…

Edited by Sooks

So, just used two freezes and an Entrap to deal with Hans and the armours who I want one of.

Let's. Just. Not. Fuck. Up.

There'll be reinforcements, let's just worry about them next-

Well, I say that, but Camilla crit the last of the generals I wanted to capture. At this stage, I am fucking done. I'm not going to try the west wing, I'm just going to take Iago out and go.

Honestly, with maps that have frustrated me so much playing this, it's not been snow shovelling, or some of BR's late maps with shittons of reinforcements, not even Ryoma or Takumi that's made me say "You want me gone game? FINE, there you fucking go.". There's one that's just risen so high now.

God I would hate to look at the Lunatic version of this after this experience. And this was with fun meme dual ballasticians, though admittedly that wasn't there for the whole map.

Worst part? I can still fuck up and be left staring at the map, being even more pissed.

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

do report what you will see, i am curious Ü

Spoiler

Just from the steam achievements, I’m pretty sure I’m about to unlock the one with the “Faris ending”. I haven’t gotten there yet, but I decided to gamble on Mayuri living + Faris’ dad living and it’s… not looking too good. But I guess Mayuri is still alive, though 8 pm in game hasn’t come yet.

Edit: “Sorry about this, but my wife and I have to fly overseas for a business trip.” No…

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Just from the steam achievements, I’m pretty sure I’m about to unlock the one with the “Faris ending”. I haven’t gotten there yet, but I decided to gamble on Mayuri living + Faris’ dad living and it’s… not looking too good. But I guess Mayuri is still alive, though 8 pm in game hasn’t come yet.

Edit: “Sorry about this, but my wife and I have to fly overseas for a business trip.” No…

ah my fav. non canon ending^^

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

ah my fav. non canon ending^^

Favorite…? I hope that’s a good sign. Either way, it looks like this one will be the first ending I get.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

very nice 👍

I didn't play the VN, but I did watch that ending

issa gud one

Oh, okay! Everything didn’t suck! Sort of. Maybe?

Spoiler

Mayuri lived and Faris’ dad lived. That’s good, this ending is more neutral. The only other big goal other than, you know, Okabe not losing all his relationships was saving the world from SERN and whether or not that happened. On the one hand, the time machine that kick started SERN’s ability to take over the world… simply never came into being in this timeline. But on the other hand, divergence became .2 whatever %, way lower than the previous one, and the first digit disappeared (which is not explained in this ending). Suzuha said divergence had to reach 1% to save the world, but is that the only way? It physically makes no sense for SERN to be able to take over if them not finding out about the time machine saves the world (because that was the goal, to stop them from finding out in the first place) but the time machine never existing in the first place does. But then divergence also changing makes more sense, because Akiba going back to being weeb central is way closer to the OG timeline, and if SERN has an effect that probably wouldn’t change divergence until later, when SERN’s stuff actually changes the world (like the completion of their first time machine?). But of course, Kurisu, the genius behind the time machine, is off in America doing who knows what, which could eventually swing back to her making a time machine for SERN somehow. Meaning the only way to be sure is probably to see different endings, especially to find out about that missing digit. Or maybe it explains why them not finding out about the time machine saves the world, because Kurisu knows that SERN is evil in that wordline, but if the time machine never exists than Kurisu never finds that out, or at least not when does originally.

But yeah, the world might possibly have been saved, so I don’t think this ending is the worst thing. And everyone lived… it came at quite the price, but everyone is indeed alive. Honestly, this ending is genius, it would have been easy for them to just say “no, the characters don’t get to live” even though that would make no sense with what changes are made in this ending, and call it a day. Instead, they make it a genuinely interesting ethical dilemma that goes in a believable yet nuanced direction.

Game kino. Again.

Did I save the world? It’s very unclear. But since the answer is “ehhhh, maybe?” instead of “lol no” in this ending, and the other goals are fulfilled, I’ll take it. I won’t lose sleep over this being my first ending, at least.

Either way, the ending is really good from an entertainment/writing standpoint. This game is so good.

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:
Spoiler

divergence became .2 whatever %, way lower than the previous one, and the first digit disappeared (which is not explained in this ending)

Spoiler

it became negative, that's why first digit disappeared

Did I save the world? It’s very unclear. But since the answer is “ehhhh, maybe?”

Spoiler

Well, the existence of divergence meter means a time machine exists

It's just Sern never found out about it afaik (or maybe much later?), don't remember the details

Game Kino. Again

I am glad you are enjoyint it 😄

Spoiler

Also if possible, you really should get Suzuha's ending

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Wait… now that I’ve gotten an ending, a little icon appears denoting when I can make a phone choice? Uh, game, I still want to experience the rest of you blind, please tell me I can turn that off. If not, that’s actually kinda dumb, since some of the phone stuff seems intentionally hidden (well, when you can choose to call people that is, if the icon doesn’t appear at those times then we’re good).

Also, can we talk about the irony of today being the day, of all days, that I said (or implied) that Faris is boring, and today also happened to be the day that Faris randomly became a good, sympathetic character and got one of the most feelsy scenes in the game? That was very cool, good job game. Maybe the butterfly effect exists here too.

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

it became negative, that's why first digit disappeared

YOOOOOOOO.

I saved the world! I didn’t get the super happy “golden ending” the world was saved and

Spoiler

everyone lived

so this is good, my ego can still hang around.

At least, I’m assuming that’s what that means.

I am glad you are enjoyint it 😄

Reveal hidden contents

Also if possible, you really should get Suzuha's ending

Now? Before any other endings? I have a save, so I can go check, and I am very interested in that one. Especially since it was the most feels part of the game.

13 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, the existence of divergence meter means a time machine exists

It's just Sern never found out about it afaik, don't remember the details

Oh, yeah, true. That actually doesn’t make sense. Hmm…

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That actually doesn’t make sense. Hmm…

Spoiler

I mean Sern found out due to D-mail experiments using their servers and the whole ibm thingy

Time machine can still exist later without D-mail

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

At least, I’m assuming that’s what that means

Spoiler

well, honestly

we don't know mach about that worldline. Afaik it was the omega convergence field or something. But atm it's a ''happy'' ending with the bitterness of Okabe losing everyone's friendship/his lab except Faris

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I have a save, so I can go check, and I am very interested in that one

Maybe it's just me, but i usually like to leave True ending for last

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe the butterfly effect exists here too

It's the choice of the Steins Gate