A Hero Rises 2021

XRay

A Hero Rises 2021 Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you voting primarily for gameplay or favorites?

• For gameplay
    • Equally for gameplay and favorites
    • Leaning more for favorites
    • For favorites.
    • Leaning more for gameplay
  2. 2. What kind of Hero in terms of obtainability are you voting for?

• Grail Hero
    • Regular 3*/4* Hero (Former 5* exclusive Heroes are now in the "4*" pool.)
    • Regular 5* Exclusive Hero
    • Regular 4* Special Hero
    • Regular 5* Special Hero
    • Duo Special Hero (Ephraim: Dynastic Duo can go here I guess.)
    • Harmonic Special Hero
    • Water Legendary Hero
    • Earth Legendary Hero
    • Fire Legendary Hero
    • Wind Legendary Hero
    • Light Mythic Hero
    • Astra Mythic Hero
    • Dark Mythic Hero
    • Anima Mythic Hero
  3. 3. What is the primary purpose of the Hero you are voting for?

• Combat: Player Phase
    • Combat: Enemy Phase
    • Combat: Dual Phase (e.g.: Counter-Vantage units, units with dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks)
    • Combat: Other
    • Support: Dancer/Singer
    • Support: Buffer
    • Support: Debuffer (e.g.: Aversa, Virion, AMH!Hector, Veld)
    • Support: Healer (e.g.: Eir, Reciprocal Aid users, staff units)
    • Support: Training (i.e.: Valor skills)
    • Support: Other
    • Scoring in Arena
    • Scoring in Aether Raids
    • Scoring in other modes

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, Dorothea isn't anywhere near the top.

I'm missing Ninja Lyn, Legendary Dimitri, Freyja, and Legendary Edelgard, plus Bramimond and Halloween Robin from further down the list. Think I'll switch to supporting Freyja for now, and Lyn in the gauntlet.

I don't understand why people vote Brave units. All 3 brave Lords are top 15. People spend too many votes on them instead of crazy duo and Harmonics like Byleth, Michy, Dorothea, sigurd and Altina. Why is she not in top 20 while her normal self is? She won last year and now isn't as useful because Reggin and Plumeria while her winter Alt is one of the scariest units in the game. 

Despite all this I would be OK with any of the top 8 either in a banner or even as freebies. Since Seiros is already 1st and I have her she will be fine so I think I will give one vote to Corrin as I want a merge and then go for Goat Lady. She is pretty low in the top 8 and I want to help her as much as I can. 

The only ones in the top 10 that I already have are Seiros and CYL Dimitri (whichever one he is, I can't tell them apart). And both are unmerged so I'd be perfectly content getting another copy, so it's looking like a no-loss scenario. Unfortunate that most of the Duos seem to be just out of reach of the top 8 though - maybe I'll sink my final four votes into Duo Byleth then.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Three Houses spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

We need an Alternative Universe alt, where Dimitri is the one that wants to destroy the church, so we can have Alternative/Masked Dimitri Vs. Flame Emperor

Same vein + Azure Moon spoilers:

Spoiler

He doesn't actually need to be against the church to be armored/masked. Could be for some other reason. I'd say "from when he was on the run" between the timeline skip, but he wasn't really hiding his face so much as he was just powering through all opposition.

None of the 5 Harmonics are on the Top 20 at all. That's weird.

Meanwhile there's 4 New Heroes (all available for free), 5 Duo Heroes, 5 Legendaries, and 5 Mythics, plus 1 regular seasonal.

God, not LDimitri again. He already blocked me from getting Seiros twice on her banner, and if he's in the VG he could potentially win over her(or anyone else), knock her off the banner, or continue to block her on the banner rolls themselves... at least she'll be sparkable there assuming she makes it in, but I just want this stupid King of Delusion to go away already. Go home to someone who wants you.

Sorry, rant over. As for the rest, I'd honestly be fine with anyone else in the top 8 rn. BEdel is a merge for me, and for anyone who didn't free pick her, is an obscenely strong unit, so I understand why she's being voted so highly. A lot of the playerbase doesn't care to differentiate mythics or duos for things like this from just characters they want, so applying that logic won't get you anywhere. Ninja Lyn, Corrin, and LEdel are also merges, Seiros and Freya are new... I wouldn't use LChrom but he's at least better fodder in my case than LDimitri since I already have a spare Odd Tempest book from him lying around.

Brave Dimitri getting into top 8 would be worse for me personally since I don't have a dire need for Unity fodder. Byleth is a merge so she's roughly equal with most of the units there already, and if we want to look past the top 10, Duo Micaiah is also a merge, and Claude is good fodder. I don't expect LDimitri to drop from the top 8, so as much as it's going against some of you, I need to hope he loses r1 in the gauntlet.

These results are looking even more disappointing than last year. Last time, I remember academy Edelgard being in the top ranks and thinking, "Why in the world are people voting for a unit in the normal summoning pool that you can get easily? Do they think this is a popularity contest?!". A whole bunch of people wound up supporting Leif in the first voting round just to make sure Edelgard didn't win.

Now we have three brave heroes in the top ranks??? You can flat out select one of them for free already, their banner allowed every single unit to be sparked and will definitely get a revival later, and they will regularly be on normal banners, not to mention they are also in the normal summoning pool. I already got a +10 brave Edelgard without even trying for her.

I can understand legendary/mythic heroes getting selected since they can be a major pain to get with how horrible the odds on those legendary/mythic banners can be, but why are so many folks going for mythic Altina again? She was given out for free last year, and has lost a lot of usefulness thanks to Plumeria and Reginn. Wouldn't it make more sense for people to be voting for winter Altina? Flying Altina is kind of outdated while winter Altina is one of the craziest units in the game! I hope people didn't get them confused... I'll never forget the time people wound up voting for Legendary Lyn; I can't help but think they were all just confused and didn't realize you could scroll through that search-for-a-hero thing and just chose her because she looked like the best of what was at the very start of it.

Edited by Namero

Another angle that I found out talking to people on discord, people aren't necessarily voting for the free unit. A lot of people saved up orbs expecting a herofest with the brave units, since we usually get one at anniversary. For them, getting a banner with their brave hero of choice on it to work on merges, whether that's Edelgard, Dimitri, or Claude, is worth way more than whatever the freebie happens to be. 

There's also a possibility that they'll run the CYL4 banner during Golden Week though. Heroes is not going to not rerun it, they're not stupid. So, like, a little bit of patience is always a good thing?

EDIT: @Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Three Houses spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

We need an Alternative Universe alt, where Dimitri is the one that wants to destroy the church, so we can have Alternative/Masked Dimitri Vs. Flame Emperor

A variation of this exists as a fanfic I've been reading.

Edited by Sunwoo

Not a fan of seeing brave units in the top 8 since I have them all.  If L!Edelgard changed places with her brave version I would be happier.  I can't understand why people would rather have another copy of a brave when they could get a free duo or harmonic hero.  I get it people voting for favs, but I have more trouble with L!Edelgard then B!edelgard and L!edelgard has better fodder as well.  I think I will change my plans a bit and vote only for people in the top 10 who aren't braves because dang it I am going to be mad if B!Edelgard takes Duo!Lyn's spot on the banner and blocks me from getting her. 

Two sparkable banners for a merge project is better than one. The point being, people are going to vote for what's best for them personally, not what's optimal. If your priority is getting a +10 BEdel, then you're going to vote for BEdel, and it isn't like she or BDimi aren't comparable as units to mythics and duos, even if they aren't as rare.

I mean, if you wanna vote for an Edelgard I feel like voting for Legendary Edelgard is the better thing. Surely most people who want to +10 merge Brave Edelgard would want to do the same with Legendary Edelgard, and the latter is always going to be sharing her color with other people.

Could also be that they're intending to vote for the legendary version, but select the brave version instead on accident. They do look rather similar, especially if you're in a rush and all you're looking at is the head. When voting for L!Dimitri, I almost selected his brave version on accident, myself. Luckily, I remembered which one was which in time to go back and choose the right one.

It really depends on what your priorities are. Maybe you're merging both and have been splitting votes to try and get both to colourshare with one another, maybe BEdel's playstyle or design are just more to your tastes, or maybe you just consider BEdel a stronger hero. Clearly a lot of people want both since they're both in the top 8.

49 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

There's also a possibility that they'll run the CYL4 banner during Golden Week though. Heroes is not going to not rerun it, they're not stupid. So, like, a little bit of patience is always a good thing?

EDIT: @Diovani Bressan

A variation of this exists as a fanfic I've been reading.

The CYL4 banner should be up for the next round of New Heroes revival voting, so it'll probably come back around in May.

Three Houses fans are ruining another Heroes poll. But really, did the Edelgard fans not pick her Brave alt for their freebie summon or spark for her on the banner for that matter? People voting for B!Dimitri are almost no better considering he is in 9th place right now. I'm really astounded by these results but at the same time I probably should have known better.

Right now the only ones I care about in the top eight are Seiros, Duo Lyn, L!Chrom and L!Corrin. Is there any chance for Duo Micaiah to still get into the top 8? I will use my last four votes for her if it helps.

Another thing to note is that we might not have any red units in the AHR banner since there is none in the top eight unless Duo Byleth somehow sneaks in there.

Actually I'm more confused about Altina because I thought previous winners were removed from the vote just like in CYL (though obviously not alts). Saw Vanguard Ike while scrolling too so I guess not, but I could've sworn it was the case.

8 hours ago, redlight said:

Worst unit in top 8 right now is L!Edelgard. Her kit is yeah... Encapsulates armor problems and her per B skill is sort of nice for more Galeforce, but you'd rather use Brave Axe instead of Amyr at that point.

Brave axe is terrible on Edelgard its much better to use special support units/skills like Grandscratcher (which I have on my winter Erika)  or the couple of units that benefit support partners for special charge (like Velouria or Rafiel) and Heavy blade. Also another galeforce is extremly powerful don't believe me look at duo Lyn sheningans for Aeither raids whos duo skill is galeforce. Edelgard can do the same things without having to worry about duo's hindrance as much (some duo skills are still nice for supporting her just like they would be for any other offense unit). So many AR teams stop working if you can crush 3 of their biggest threats in one turn or lose all their dancer support before they can do their thing. Just saying she better than she gets credit for .

9 hours ago, redlight said:

Worst unit in top 8 right now is L!Edelgard. Her kit is yeah... Encapsulates armor problems and her per B skill is sort of nice for more Galeforce, but you'd rather use Brave Axe instead of Amyr at that point.

Brave Axe has issues with stat checks, even with her high Atk. It is not a bad option, but it is not better than Aymr in my opinion.

1 hour ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Brave axe is terrible on Edelgard its much better to use special support units/skills like Grandscratcher (which I have on my winter Erika)  or the couple of units that benefit support partners for special charge (like Velouria or Rafiel) and Heavy blade. Also another galeforce is extremly powerful don't believe me look at duo Lyn sheningans for Aeither raids whos duo skill is galeforce. Edelgard can do the same things without having to worry about duo's hindrance as much (some duo skills are still nice for supporting her just like they would be for any other offense unit). So many AR teams stop working if you can crush 3 of their biggest threats in one turn or lose all their dancer support before they can do their thing. Just saying she better than she gets credit for .

Double Galeforce is nice if the unit does not have 1 movement. FE!Edelgard has 1 movement, and while Armored Stride largely alleviates that issue, it does not alleviate that issue completely, as there is still minor positioning requirements that needs to be met. Armored Stride is very unforgiving in cramped maps as she will be near allies a lot, and having consistent Galeforce is not all that meaningful if you cannot go anywhere and reach enemies in time.

...Seriously? CYL is one thing because that's the time to support your favorites, regardless of whether they are super popular units, semi popular, aren't in the game, etc, etc. But this is a voting poll to get hard to get units and people are voting for freaking B!Edelgard and B!Dimitri. You can get one for free, their banner had 4x spark so you could get all 4 Braves if you saved orbs (which many did, considering the 3H craze)...ugh, I'm so disappointed about this. 

I was gonna spread out my votes but now I'm going all in on Freyja to keep her in the top 8, let those 3H casuals keep voting for their beloved B!Edelgard all they want. She'll go down during the VG. 

Both of the Emperor Edelgards being contention should not be a surprise in any way. Besides the fact that the Edelgard stans already showed how crazy they are by getting academy Edelgard into last year's VG, Brave Edelgard and Legendary Edelgard are the first and second names anyone sees when they go to vote for a green unit (which was to be at least some sort of factor here, especially in regards to Brave Edelgard's placement). This was always inevitable, sadly.

Anyways, my ballot so far has Legendary F!Corrin, Legendary Chrom and Freyja. I will definitely be giving each a second vote now because I do not want Brave Dimitri (or even the milk trunk duo) to get into the VG as well. I'll likely toss my last vote to Seiros and plus that would have the bonus of pissing off the Edelgard stans.