Ninian: Ice-Dragon Oracle - Legendary Hero Battle

Xenomata

FdzgkG7WAAABXYO?format=png&name=orig

From Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword, Ninian was one of two dancers from the game and is (probably) Roy's mom, but she never really fought... until now anyway.

Faithful Breath triggers a Def/Res Cantrip effect whenever she uses her Prf Dance assist, but it also enables Ninian to fight: if her HP is over 40%, she gets a power boost, and if she is initiating combat and has a Triangle Advantage (read: Blue) or if a [Penalty] is active on her target, they can't counterattack without the Null C-Disrupt skill. Dragon's Dance is just like any other dance normally, but when it's been used one turn after the battle has begun, Ninian (and her pair-up cohort) will also be given another action and an Atk/Spd bonus, as well as the Isolation debuff. While this needs a few turns to recharge, only one unit needs to be out of place for her to charge in and end the battle on the spot...

She also comes with the Atk/Spd Catch 4, Spd/Res Near Trace, and B Feud passives, and Dragon Fang will scale off 50% of Ninian's Atk. On Abyssal, she is near-guaranteed to have a penalty inflicted if an enemy is left in a cardinal direction of her thanks to the Panic Ploy seal.

The Oracle was felled once before by Durandal. No version of it here may be able to end her as fast as it once did, but there's more than one way to slay a dragon...

h2w6qVsl.jpg?1

Edited by Xenomata

Welp, that is the last time I use a defensive Save unit in an Abyssal clear.

Legendary Julia's new refine is great! Just having one attack be beefed up by effective damage was already good, but TWO attacks getting beefed up? Man oh man!
Legenary Azura is here because... I dunno, she did tank a few blows I guess, which is probably better than can be said about most of my other dancers...
Halloween Myrrh got tricked out before this fight, but... man, she kinda made it into a super-slow slog, didn't she? Probably partly the fault of that Troubadour keeping that one Blue Dragon alive for so long... but she did keep the party protected from melee attackers, which was the goal from the start.
Scion Nanna's first real scuffle went well I'd say. Might have fell short a few times, thanks to Solo not always being active, but no biggie. Now if only the devs would stop being cowards and release an inheritable Staff weapon that had actual in-combat effects...

I thought Deirdre was the easiest Legendary Hero Battle in a while, but then Ninian came and took the 1st place. I had no problems to one-turn her at all.

@Xenomata Nice clear! Your Myrrh is very strong, and be able to reduce that amount of damage is very useful! The ranged untis also did great, especially Julia. She became a great unit with her new refinement and remix.

Ninian isn't the only mild-mannered dancer who can wake up and choose violence.

I was all ready to stomp into this map with my meta dancers and Puddle's fancy new skills she inherited from Monica, only for Olivia to charge in and wreak havoc like some kind of hellspawn. I thought I was going to have to OKHO L!Ninian with the Flame Gunbai (and Olivia came damn close, missing it by only 4 HP), but even without the proper Atk-dropping Bulwark she damn near soloed the whole map.

@Diovani Bressan That looked really easy! Marth is very fast. I had trouble killing the thief.

@Some Jerk That's a very good weapon. I considered sparking for Lif, but didn't feel like it this time.

Sorry, had to use the cheating unit. I also can't seem to do this with the dragons. Some people said this was easy, but the fact that Ninian can move so far was a pain. I'll keep trying with the dragon team later x_x

I didn't really want to do this without Bridal Catria. At least we have three Pallas!

Edit:

Dragon time!

Edited by GuiltyLove

I was oddly stumped the day this dropped but I changed one thing on Phase 2 and suddenly it was the easiest map in the world~

@Diovani Bressan - That was easy peasy for the Marth gang. RIP Gray for the Zanbato.

@GuiltyLove - Nice flier clear! This map is pretty open for warping shenanigans.

Same for the dragons. I'd love to see a Lillith Emblem in the future. 

@Some Jerk - That was some display of violence by Olivia. I almost didn't notice she had Assault Troop. That weapon turns anyone into a monster.

23 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Landmaster What did you end up changing? Looks like you got some nice new skills! I would like to have that Finish skill someday.

I attacked the Thief with OG!Elise and had HS!Elise take a step up instead of having HS!Elise nuke the Thief. Regardless of what OG!Elise or S!Elise did on that turn, Ninian would either kill someone or dance one of the Manaketes to kill someone. This way, no threats were close enough to attack and the Valkyrie couldn't do enough damage to be worrisome.

Yeah I pulled a pretty bad IV Tiki so I fed her to Elise. Really nice skill to have! 

@Some Jerk Your Dancers got some really premium skills lately! Seeing Fallen Olivia go in there and crush stuff is just beautiful, it definitely would tempt me to summon on the Three Hopes banner if I wasn't so focused on Flame Tana now. Great clear!

@GuiltyLove Some maps just call for some Bridal Brawn. And you can never have enough Pallas! Nice clear with the dragons too, it took a bit longer than the Macedon clear but they still pulled through solidly. Nice clears!

@Landmaster Great work by the Elises as usual, really impressed that OG Elise could just open up with taking out that dragon considering the other one has double Ward. Finish on Summer Elise is very stylish as well. Nice clear!

This wasn't a very difficult map, although enemies being further away meant Tana emblem needed to hit the button to work. Blue Feud is also pretty mean to the Tanas that actually can Galeforce, but for the other two Ninian was easy to take down.

If only Arcane Lif came out a bit earlier I would have give his skills to my budget Corrin, but anyway I really like how vulture blade looks on Resplendent Corrin. 

It would have been easy if I just throw my usual Chrom and Hapi at it but my barrack keeps growing and I am out of place to actually use or fodder these units. It took around half an hour to beat this map with these units but it's so satisfying to use budget gen 1 unit without dragonflower to beat a modern Abyssal map.

@GuiltyLove That is indeed Defiant Res 3, the most powerful option for the A-slot in the entire game. If she drops beneath 50% HP with that she gets a whopping +7 Res at the start of a turn, makes her basically unbeatable! Can't believe they still haven't nerfed this insane skill. 

Spoiler

The reason I have that is because I wanted Lethality to trigger and look cool, but Harmonic Tana easily one shot the staff unit. Even with Defiant Res which is the same as nothing they only survived with 1 HP lol

@MagicCanonBalls Nice clear, that's quite a burly Corrin! Good showcase of Astrid's support capabilities too.

Edited by BoaFerox

@GuiltyLove 

Nice clear with the Whitewings! God use of the Triangle Attack to deal with the opponents. I don't remember your Valentian Palla having that many merges last time i saw her... but she is on the path to be done!

The Dragons Team also did well. It got a little scary when they got trapped in the corner for a moment, but you did great with them.

@Landmaster

Nice clear! Cool to see HS Elise with the Florid Dagger, so she doesn't need to run Trace to have canto. And in a couple of weeks, Elise will get her resplendent and she will finally have 40 HP!

@BoaFerox 

Nice clear! The Tanas did a great job. It was not a perfect clear, though, because you had the chance to defeat Ninian with double 69 and you didn't do it... alas...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• 2 months later...

Ninian was kinda annoying: if just only one enemy attacked me from the wrong tile, then she would get in range to attack everyone on my team (and she one rounds everyone on enemy phase, Seliph included).