Choose Your Legends 7

Fire Emblem Fan

5 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, I was looking it up and I got to the conclusion that Mark is not ellegible to CYL (since there's no information about this and on his page on FE wiki it doesn't say the votes that he got on past years), which is really sad, because if he was I'd seriously vote for him next year, I genuinely have a lot of interest for him because of some obscure lines of dialogue that seem to give us some pretty suspicious hints about his backstory... That we'll never have a clue about if he doesn't get into Heroes).

Mark has never been eligible for CYL, presumably because they lack any form of artwork of the front of their head that could be used for them in the voting page.

It's also heavily implied that Mark is the same person as Morgan (as they share a name in Japanese along with their profession and cloaked appearance).

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gullveig is not just the wildcard in terms of voting, but in terms of the free pick come August. Don't give a toss about her as a character, but she has the most potential to be an interesting class or to have the most interesting Prf skill. That said, my long-range expectation is to spark one of Robin and Corrin and take the other as a freebie, but there's a real danger of one of them ending up as a dreaded Sword Infantry in which case that plan goes straight out the window.

Please IS, give Soren the red slot to save me from this fate. Also it'd be kind of neat to have a rainbow of Sorens.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Gullveig is not just the wildcard in terms of voting, but in terms of the free pick come August. Don't give a toss about her as a character, but she has the most potential to be an interesting class or to have the most interesting Prf skill. That said, my long-range expectation is to spark one of Robin and Corrin and take the other as a freebie, but there's a real danger of one of them ending up as a dreaded Sword Infantry in which case that plan goes straight out the window.

Please IS, give Soren the red slot to save me from this fate. Also it'd be kind of neat to have a rainbow of Sorens.

Given the ending of raidant dawn I have heard someone speculate that it could be Ragnell Sorin for his brave alt. I think Corrin and Robin are more likely for the sword but it is an interesting thought. But the last couple of cyl have been pretty safe picks since brave houses so not sure I put much stock in it.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I actually wouldn't mind a Sword Infantry Robin. Swords are part of Tactician/Grand Master's kit in Awakening and it has been entirely ignored...of course for some strange reason they think the only weapon Robin can use is, not even breaths, but Tomes. Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we got Grima again as Brave Robin XD Clearly they think Grima is the only thing people like about Robin. I joke, but, now that I think of it, I might toss a few votes to Grima next year. I didn't this year, but he's one of the characters I'd be most curious to see what they'd do with if he somehow one. Specifically how they'd handle the gender thing. Because, despite using he here, the Grima they have on CYL is depicted as hooded and gender ambiguous. Plus, you know, having a character actually called Grima in the game five or so years after he debuted would be kind of nice.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I actually wouldn't mind a Sword Infantry Robin. Swords are part of Tactician/Grand Master's kit in Awakening and it has been entirely ignored...of course for some strange reason they think the only weapon Robin can use is, not even breaths, but Tomes.

I'll forgive it if, as seems likely, it has adaptive damage at least. No such likelihood for Corrin I imagine.

Just now, Humanoid said:

I'll forgive it if, as seems likely, it has adaptive damage at least. No such likelihood for Corrin I imagine.

Well I've always wanted Corrin to have a stave alt, so that's what I'd hope for there. Though we haven't see any forms of the Yato other than the base Yato (though I think it does look like Omega Yato), so they might just toss Shadow Yato on her and call it a day. From canon, that shadow evil sword that killed Mikoto and Sumeragi later used that I can't remember the name of right at this second, is an option too. But in earnest, I would be surprised if they don't go dragon for Corrin.

I had a feeling Gulveig would win when i saw her on the voting options. The fan base lived up to my expectations, and i have no idea what to think of it lol.

All i really, really want is for Corrin to get SSS-grade art like in her Resplendent and i'll be fine (conflicted about her being a sword tho if it happens, swords feel death in a way i can't really describe)

Also glad for Robin, the very first character i ever got introduced to in the series.

My basic prediction for colors: One of the girls is colorless and if its Corrin its dragon form Corrin.  Gullveigs most likely fallback color is green imo. Corrin could be red with Yato.

Robin Blue or red dagger in a way to make a levin sword tribute weapon. I know people want it to be a legit sword but given its range is it main selling point may not be feasible to be done as sword without feeling underwhelming.

Sorrin is probably going to be a tome unit and is imo the most changeable colorwise to what ever they need him to be.

Might as well make a prediction now, these guesses are biased toward what I want, spoilers due to late game information and familial reveals

Spoiler

this banner has a high concentration of evil parents, it would funny if Gullveig also happens to fall into this, future chapters have likely been written already

Robin - Red tome infantry, Validar's clothing or maybe just revealing outfits like they gave during desert maps.

Gullveig - I really want her to be a beast, but I think they will stick to colorless and give her a staff, she's obviously a huge wildcard

Corrin - I want them to give her Bolverk and mimic Garron's appearance, but Anakos was given cipher artwork, my thinking is they keep her a dragon give her a modified version of that. 

Soren - hard for me to see him as anything other than a green tome, but I am thinking they'll make him armored with Ashnod's clothing

Incidentally, placements for my picks which are as irrelevant as always:

Palla #125
Titania #139
Oscar #327
Massena #398
Tethys #386
Catherine #306
Petra #39

Hah, besides Petra who was my intentional lone competitive vote, none broke into double digits. Hell, four of them are in the 300s...

I also mentioned my three backups in that post, which ended up:
Duessel #357
Cecilia #283
Shamir #69

Really got my finger on the pulse in terms of what's hip.

EDIT: I'm happy with Desaix as the biggest improver, and getting a rare modern BST armour as a freebie, if that's indeed what he gets, would be nice.

Edited by Humanoid

Calling it now, Corrin's going to be a Hardy Fighting Negating Fang user. Either that or come with a C Skill that acts as both Near and Far Save, though that may be going too far. I think it's... questionable that Gullveig won - the snakes and color are cool, but you also know that a lot of her votes came from fanservice - but now that the deed is done I confess I'm curious how they'll handle her and how it'll affect her later Mythic version: will they both have the same Prf Skill, for example? The original Gullveig had a pretty intimidating weapon so I'm also curious how much of that they'll use for her Brave version.

In the men's division, it's nice for Robin and Soren to join their BFFs/ roommates, but I don't have too many expectations for them. Soren getting some sort of super-Wind tome would be cool, and Robin being a blue dagger to represent Levin Sword could be an interesting decision given the precedent set by Gangrel and L!F!Shez.

P.S. It's nice to get CYL leaks again after IS sealed their leaks tight for the last two CYLs.

Edited by DefyingFates

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm curious how they'll handle her and how it'll affect her later Mythic version: will they both have the same Prf Skill, for example? The original Gullveig had a pretty intimidating weapon so I'm also curious how much of that they'll use for her Brave version.

I also wonder how it will effect her mythic release timing.  Second half of the year is usually when the main villain of the book has a mythic banner and usually they try not to release the same charcter twice in a month. Especially the years cyl winners so I wonder if they move it up or back further so they don't have two Gullvieg banners in the same month or so we defeat her before her Brave version comes out. Hel was in July, Freyja November,  Etrei  and Sutr also November.  So we would have Brave Gullveig before we have normal Gullveig if she has a November release like a lot of the other book big bads.

On 1/16/2023 at 1:32 PM, Magenta Fantasies said:

This is going to be a long two weeks…In the meantime, I’ll share who I predict will win and my personal best and worst-case scenario winners.

Who I think will win:

Female:

1st: Gullveig

2nd: Sharena

Male:

1st: Male Robin

2nd: Soren

My prediction was accurate, with only one difference, and it’s one I love. 2023 will be the Year of Corrin and Soren!

Bernadetta’s in third AGAIN. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. 😆 I thought Sharena would place much higher based on tons and tons of rallying I saw for her on many sites.

Shura made it into the top 200, and how! He’s now in 146th, right behind Kagero. Scarlet is now in the top 100, and Izana and several others are higher ranking than last year.

Is it me, or did far less people vote than last year? Even the winner’s votes seem shockingly low compared to previous winners.

3 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Is it me, or did far less people vote than last year? Even the winner’s votes seem shockingly low compared to previous winners.

It's not just you 😛 Maybe the early start threw people off, or with most of the Lords gone there wasn't much competition this year and people became really lazy?

I don't expect a ton of imagination this CYL, as far as classes and colors are concerned. Corrin will probably be a dragon again, and if she somehow gets a sword, then Robin will just be a tome user again. Soren could be a dagger, I guess, but there's a 98% he'll just use a tome again. And then snake lady will be...snake lady.

I also think that this years lack of direction for clear campaigns at least in comparison to other years contributed to less voters.  And unironically I think less people voted because of engage. People were more focused on the release of a new game in the series in comparison to a fan poll. And I think people were already preparing which engage character to vote for in cyl over this years poll without them.

Pretty surprising as while I knew there was a rally for Gullveg, I didn't know it was so strong that it'd place her in first.

Personally, I'm not too invested in this set outside of M!Robin. Gullveg I'm ambivalent on since I barely know the character, Soren I'm OK with but I'm not as invested in him either, and Corrin I don't really like due to how they were written in Fates (though they are better in other games I'll admit). Unless there's some good skills I'll probably just stick to getting Robin and leave it at that.

Edited by Medeus

Well, unlike last year, this year I know who I'm picking! (It seriously took me until January to finally decide between Chrom and Seliph. Wound up choosing Chrom.) Looking forward to my free Soren! ^_^

I seriously think that Soren will get the red slot, his Archsage version is probably being saved for his Legendary or even Ascendant version (and since he sounds like the character that potentialy could get both a legendary and ascendant, I think that his relation to (spoiler) might be saved for an alt like this too, which makes me think that his brave alt will probably have to go with relation with Ike and it'l be Soren with Ragnell), after all, unless they decide to give Chrom's Falchion to Robin or something like this, we don't have any very strong candidate to be red this year (unlike last year, that eveyone was wondering who'd get the sword) since Corrin will probably be a dragon (she has other options, of course, I just think that she'll be a dragon since the preference in heroes seems to be to make F!Corrin a dragon, I think that if it was M!Corrin he might had a greater chance of getting a sword, just like his legendary probably will get Omega Yato while F!Corrin was a colorless dragon... Gee, will she be a colorless dragon again? I hope not she already has 2 of these...) and Gullveig can be literally anything. If Robin gets the sword though, then Soren will get some random ass tome but I really think that they'll give him the sword and give something else to Robin (maybe even that weird Lucina lance that wasn't even a thing but now is because of Heroes when they couldn't give her the sword...).

I really like the concept of physically weak mages wielding huge weapons (can hold them with magic instead of their hands, whatever, it's sill cool) like that Lillina cipher card where she had Armads so I really wish Soren to get Ragnell instad of random ass tome #03.

In any case, I think that this year they can do pretty much as they want with most the colors instead of last year that they threw a dice to see who'd get the sword and then chose the rest of them almost randomly.

9 hours ago, Lemmy said:

Might as well make a prediction now, these guesses are biased toward what I want, spoilers due to late game information and familial reveals

Hide contents

this banner has a high concentration of evil parents, it would funny if Gullveig also happens to fall into this, future chapters have likely been written already

Robin - Red tome infantry, Validar's clothing or maybe just revealing outfits like they gave during desert maps.

Gullveig - I really want her to be a beast, but I think they will stick to colorless and give her a staff, she's obviously a huge wildcard

Corrin - I want them to give her Bolverk and mimic Garron's appearance, but Anakos was given cipher artwork, my thinking is they keep her a dragon give her a modified version of that. 

Soren - hard for me to see him as anything other than a green tome, but I am thinking they'll make him armored with Ashnod's clothing

I like the idea but I still think that they'll play it safe like always/almost always and each character will have their outfit and weapon related to the most obvious one we can think of (Robin-Chrom, Gullveig-not enought info yet, Corrin-probably a family member from Nohr since it's F!Corrin or maybe Azura, and Soren-Ike)

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Well, unlike last year, this year I know who I'm picking! (It seriously took me until January to finally decide between Chrom and Seliph. Wound up choosing Chrom.) Looking forward to my free Soren! ^_^

HELL YEAH SOREN IS MY PICK NO MATTER HOW THE UNITS TURN OUT (unless if I like everyone/most of the units to the point of summoning on the banner multiple times, then obviously my free pick will be whoever I happened to not summon yet on the banner if I had already gotten the others I want to), after all every single one of my votes on the past two or three years (save one this years) were for him, so imagine if I didn't pick him now...