Avatar the Last Airbender Mafia: D4ends 5/2 at 9:30 PM EST

scorri

I don't mind lynching you today (or tomorrow might be better to give our theoretical Vig a chance to shoot you first) if you're just going to coast and then backstab us at LYLO. If you start actually scumhunting, then you're giving us a reason to want to keep you around. But like I said, you have to make the first step, not us, and right now, you're not even attempting to scumhunt.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have snipped the parts that do not relate to me. For the first paragraph, I will again say that it's hard for me to elaborate when looking at previous posts is difficult. I will be rereading posts and elaborating more hopefully tonight, possibly tomorrow after school.

For the second paragraph, I can only plead my history. If something productive can be made out of this day, then yes, let's make that happen (and yes, I will be contributing to making this happen if I can, I'll at least try). And why do you say I tried to push element claiming? I suggested the idea, and I defended it while taking into account the possible flaws to the idea, and then acknowledged that it's an idea best saved for later, if at all.

I'm gonna snip, too.

Remember when I got on Elieson's case for saying a whole lot about Mancer and voting me? You did something similar, sans vote.

Second, the post you quoted clearly said that you were pushing other things, not necessarily pushing element claiming. In this case, it's a "not town" read on Elieson and a Slayer lynch. My opinion is eh on the former (flailing!Elieson doesn't make for good reads), and saying you want a Slayer lynch with that kind of logic backing it is something I do not like at all. About the only thing I agree with you is a later post that wants clarification on Kay's read.

---

Psych gets a legitimate comment when he stops pulling reads out of the RNG.

Grassbridger's list post is pinging me for a completely different reason - wording shenanigans with regards to Boron/Rein. I'm not going to pounce on flavor as a driving reason to lynch someone.

Mancer: There's a fine line between being aggressive and being a dick. Don't cross it.

Slayer: There are several people that want to lynch you, and make you lose. Being obstinate won't help.

I think that's all I'm going to get out of FtP for the time being, but his suggestions to lynch without putting something out there to back it up doesn't sit well with me. I said I was iffy about Marth's handwaving earlier, and his last post doesn't really have much else to go on.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth/Bluedoom

What are your thoughts?

In what way would it be advantageous for me to win at lylo or watching the game draw out longer? Unless by the point we reach Lylo there are absolutely no leads whatsoever, there wouldn't be a reason to do so. Although i understand the town's feelings of distrust towards me. I'm going to go reread some pages.

Ok first off I'm back early cuz I got stomach problems and ended up puking my breakfast. I think I might be out for the day after this post, I'll see what I can do.

I don't particularly like Elieson's responses because I'm still wondering from where he got the idea BBM could be third party when there's no reason to think so(unless rules state so then herp derp bad reading on my part). I also don't like how he switched his vote after Prims prodded him.

I'd be fine with lynching Slayer cuz his alignment slip looks bad. See no reason why we shouldn't lynch him even if he claimed vivor.

Rein thinking the Fire Nation is scum is pretty bullshit and saying the mod confirmed it is an easy way to lie and I'll only believe it if scorri confirms it in-thread. So ##Unvote ##Vote: Rein For now because Eli vote isn't going to help any further atm(he already has a wagon on him anyway)

I don't like Strege suggesting an SB lynch over a Slayer lynch because I can see scum intent in that. I'm gonna echo BBM and say that an SB lynch could result in a town mislynch but lynching Slayer makes it very unlikely we're mislynching town (cuz town faking 3rd is just WHAT?)

Really Marth

It wouldn't even be unreasonable to assume the Fire Nation is scum in the first place when we know Team Avatar is town. I have no idea how saying this is even remotely "pretty bullshit". The hell do you want me to say? Using my mystic powers I have determined this information? I PM'd scorri asking to see if I can get a confirm, but I doubt it.

Ok first off I'm back early cuz I got stomach problems and ended up puking my breakfast. I think I might be out for the day after this post, I'll see what I can do.

I don't particularly like Elieson's responses because I'm still wondering from where he got the idea BBM could be third party when there's no reason to think so(unless rules state so then herp derp bad reading on my part). I also don't like how he switched his vote after Prims prodded him.

I'd be fine with lynching Slayer cuz his alignment slip looks bad. See no reason why we shouldn't lynch him even if he claimed vivor.

Rein thinking the Fire Nation is scum is pretty bullshit and saying the mod confirmed it is an easy way to lie and I'll only believe it if scorri confirms it in-thread. So ##Unvote ##Vote: Rein For now because Eli vote isn't going to help any further atm(he already has a wagon on him anyway)

I don't like Strege suggesting an SB lynch over a Slayer lynch because I can see scum intent in that. I'm gonna echo BBM and say that an SB lynch could result in a town mislynch but lynching Slayer makes it very unlikely we're mislynching town (cuz town faking 3rd is just WHAT?)

I'd comment more on this, but I'm not familiar enough with the series to figure out whether my role flavor is relevant to the series or something scorri spun out for this theme. Also, why are we scumhunting by flavor again?

Hope you get better soon. Vote stays put because while Rein's content is more flavor-based (and I wish Rein would replace it with stuff like who he wants lynched and why), voting him solely because of that seems really weak.

I almost feel like people aren't reading the part where I said "I'm not serious about being up for a Mancer lynch just to remove him from game. I also feel like no one recalls Scorri dropping the ITP Wincon in FFMafia on like D4/5 and crumbling her ITP role so hard.

Being as that's fresh in my memory, that's the fucking basis behind my suspicion of BBM being a threat to town, one way or another.

Mancer is claiming miller (meaningless) and hunting poorly not scummily. This is my stance on him. Is it that hard to understand?

Slayer being claimed ITP means that we have a pretty dead set player for a lynch target, and when I asked what to do about lynch/vs/waiting fr a theoretical shot, I was legit unsure. BBM heavily suspects he is lying scum, others don't think one way or another. We all agree that he's not town though, and that's about all we have regarding him.

Grass, I'm not sure why you're lazily suspecting me of beig scum with such borrowed reasoning.

Marth, I switched my vote because after being repeatedly told by various players that my vote was going nowhere, I realized "hey, my vote is going nowhere". No one agrees with me which sucks because I'm tired of being able to psychically tell that BBM is not town, and not being able to explain it well.

Prims, just because you don't seem to grasp my case on bbm doesn't automatically make me scum. If my vote on Shinori is so awful, then I'm sure he will have ample reasoning to counter it when he takes a break from League and actually posts instead of posting "promise posts" or whatever we can call them.

Whatever I'm pissed because peiple are practically ignoring my posts now on purpose or something and I just had to fire somebody at work so this is my last post for the night.

Okay have some semi-organized thoughts:

Mancer has not made the greatest impression so far with the whole elements fiasco and what seems like defensiveness continuing after that but maybe I'm misreading.

Elie has raised some red flags and contradicted himself some re: Mancer but that may just be flailing and not scumminess? I am not sure.

BBM mentioned something about "blending in" which sketches me out a bit but I need another reread before I consider doing anything about it.

Grassbridger's reads of Psych are also giving me suspicion, because Psych has struck me as pretty town so far.

The above listed don't get along with each other well enough to be a scumteam, so I've got to be wrong with some of them. Mancer's the one that's got me most suspicious so

##feed to platypus bear: Mancer

i can't read tone worth beans augh why am i playing this game

Marth's Rein vote is kind of bad because it uses flavour as its main reasoning. I understand mentioning it as a side point, but seriously, out of more than 200 posts, that's the best you can come up with?

I see Shinori reading the thread, so hopefully he'll post something good.

Kiryn, why do you think Psych is town? Furthermore, you're doing the same thing he did and finding someone scummy just because their opinion differs from your's That's not a reason for suspicion.

The above listed don't get along with each other well enough to be a scumteam, so I've got to be wrong with some of them. Mancer's the one that's got me most suspicious so

No good scumteam is going to co-operate visibly during the day.

No good scumteam is going to co-operate visibly during the day.

:facepalm:

If you're telling the truth, then at best, you have no idea. This logic won't help find scum; it's simply bad.

Marth: WHY?

I'm going to go ahead and ##unvote

##Vote Shinori

Despite him being here in this topic earlier he decided not to say anything. Not even a damn hello.

If you're telling the truth, then at best, you have no idea. This logic won't help find scum; it's simply bad.

Well Scorri confirmed that FN was mafia and its more likely Rein wasn't lying his way out( I don't have much else to go on cuz the only other thing I remember is him advocating element mass claim and I already said that that move isn't necessarily anti-town) so i'm dropping that for now.

'course I did, BBM

Okay, I missed that, but why do you think that what Strege said is scummy and not just a new player who didn't get the logic behind lynching Slayer as opposed to lynching SB?

What I'm getting at is that Kdanger's saying that the scum team not being them for that reason is not exactly valid. This isn't to say that i think they are the scum team btw.

Okay, I missed that, but why do you think that what Strege said is scummy and not just a new player who didn't get the logic behind lynching Slayer as opposed to lynching SB?

First, new players are capable (of either alignment) to say that, but second, I read through his posts and he seemed to have a basic understanding of the game (inexperience=/=new player In my mind) so I felt that suggestion was quite off.

Slayer what the heck,

What is your character's name, my role definitely has my character's name in it, so once again, what is it and what are you hiding

##Unvote

##Vote: Slayer

also, tell us why your character is in this war?

also explain why you are not a bender

also, at the rate the vote pile on Elie is growing, he will be lynched before the end of day phase, I would prefer if that didn't happen since no night talk, what Elie said is still scummy, but I agree that Shinori has been terrible too and Meta says Scum!nori loves excuses to not show up.

Slayer what the heck,

What is your character's name, my role definitely has my character's name in it, so once again, what is it and what are you hiding

##Unvote

##Vote: Slayer

also, tell us why your character is in this war?

also explain why you are not a bender

also, at the rate the vote pile on Elie is growing, he will be lynched before the end of day phase, I would prefer if that didn't happen since no night talk, what Elie said is still scummy, but I agree that Shinori has been terrible too and Meta says Scum!nori loves excuses to not show up.

Not everyone in the Avatar Series is a bender. Katara's brother who I imagine is in this game, is not a bender for example. Also, my character is not part of the war. He is a cabbage merchant as the name of the role suggest, i just want to sell cabbages.

First, new players are capable (of either alignment) to say that, but second, I read through his posts and he seemed to have a basic understanding of the game (inexperience=/=new player In my mind) so I felt that suggestion was quite off.

Out of everything that happened in this game, you want to lynch Strege for a single suggestion?

This vote is even weaker than Rein's vote; thus, my vote stays put.