Fakeclaim Mafia - Game Over

BBM

So I stopped reading at the top of Page 6, I'll continue reading in a bit. Unless I get off to go talk to someone in which case you get a response tomorrow. Also I've had a little bit to drink. So sorry if things come out weird in the little that I do post.

Anyways.

I've never liked RVS, so thank you scorri for giving me a reason to vote for someone.

##Vote: scorri

>_>

so you say there's a reason. what is the reason?

Manix got here first.

OMGUS (especially against a RVS vote..) seems really defensive and edgy, scum should exhibit that kind of behavior more often than town because they have something to hide as opposed to town who don't really have any reason to act in such a manner. At least that's my understanding.

Using this as some kind of accidental reaction test is okay I guess... not sure about that

Meh, I don't really like this post that much, althought I admit that what Euklyd did was bad but at the moment since I don't know him, I'm honestly passing it off as newbish.

im hurt

Get a room.

I didn't really find the vote scummy. I more disliked the accompanying stuff, he was talking as if OMGUS was an acceptable vote reason.

I'm more trying to say that it really isn't one than saying he's scum.

This post further makes me not like lonely at the moment so at the moment. #FOS

booo flip flopping

booo i'm tired at 10:30 what is this

booo bbm started the game early

I don't think eclipse is scummy right now but I'm getting a vibe from her I don't like

this also seems really ironic to me and doesn't make me feel good about Kay

Psych can you explain ont his vibe you're getting from eclipse?

Anyway I'll continue reading from page 6 later.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynching a townie is worse than a no lynch. I agree with you that we should go for a lynch (like you said, reads can be drawn), but if there remains reasonable doubt whether someone is or is not mafia, we should at least hold off on the lynch until that doubt is cleared.

The game isn't going to immediately go to the mafia if a townie is lynched on D1, unless it's a super-bastard game. Since D1 is the day with the least information, the best we can do is prod people and make an educated guess based off of what's in the thread. About the only time I might even think about a D1 No Lynch is if the two competing wagons are a cop claim and doc claim, with no chance to lynch anyone else.

I said nothing about turbolynches. I think I'm speaking English. . .so how'd I manage to get two people to draw weird conclusions out of what I said?

The game isn't going to immediately go to the mafia if a townie is lynched on D1, unless it's a super-bastard game.

While I think a Day 1 mislynch is the most likely to flip town, it's also incredibly beneficial if a mafia member is chosen. Again, it's that your post seemed more like "HEY LETS LYNCH SOMEONE" and less like "HEY LETS LYNCH THE SCUMMIEST PERSON".

Since D1 is the day with the least information, the best we can do is prod people and make an educated guess based off of what's in the thread.

I agree with this.

About the only time I might even think about a D1 No Lynch is if the two competing wagons are a cop claim and doc claim, with no chance to lynch anyone else.

I think if the reasoning for lynching is shaky enough and there's no chance to lynch anyone else, a D1 Lynch is more risky than it's worth. I'm not saying we need a guarantee, which would be nigh-impossible at this stage, just that we do indeed gun for the scummiest person(persons if multiple wagons) instead of lynching Polydeuces at the end of the days because his name looks funny and hey A LYNCH IS BETTER THAN A NO LYNCH.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Wallcrab

Your posts read like you are trying too hard to look like you're contributing.

@Grass: Did you read those links I posted in the Kirby graveyard?

@Refa: If we don't lynch today, we won't do anything D2 either. Even if we lynch a townie today it's not the end of the world, we get associative reads to find scum tomorrow

I think if the reasoning for lynching is shaky enough and there's no chance to lynch anyone else, a D1 Lynch is more risky than it's worth. I'm not saying we need a guarantee, which would be nigh-impossible at this stage, just that we do indeed gun for the scummiest person(persons if multiple wagons) instead of lynching Polydeuces at the end of the days because his name looks funny and hey A LYNCH IS BETTER THAN A NO LYNCH.

We've got quite a bit of time until the end of D1. Who said anything about Polydeuces being lynched?

This lynch debate thing is beginning to rub me wrong.

@Grass: Did you read those links I posted in the Kirby graveyard?

Yes actually, I'm pretty sure there was a part about how scum unintentionally use language that reflects the fact that they have to manufacture, rather than find, evidence of scum.

Anyway I reread Boron's post and it looks like the only game where I *haven't* nitpicked word choice is Shipping Mafia... Maybe I'll go back and look at that game for strategy or something that's not about word choice.

Fear the joke wagon that is Polydeuces, lynch for competition with that mafia where Elieson was lynched D1 since I forgot the name.

FAYZ.....*shudders*

Anyway I'm at a 4 year old's bday party then I got work so I'll be out of commission for 10 more hours.

Slightly relevant;

##Unvote

##vote Refa

No-lynching is the most effective way to waste a day, ESPECIALLY on day 1. Since I'm avidly against wasting time, I'll support this lynch.

Fear the joke wagon that is Polydeuces, lynch for competition with that mafia where Elieson was lynched D1 since I forgot the name.

needs more unclaimed mayors on the wagon

not playing

Edited by Serious Oranges

I read through that, and while I get the basis behind his suspicion (correct me if I'm wrong, but it's based on Manix's meta of asking a lot of specific questions), I'm questioning the degree of those suspicions. Is it a gutread thing that he's just noting for future reference, or is he telling us that he finds Manix suspicious?

you could say a little of both :o)

also we are not NL'ing today. idk why this is an argument. Refa, I'm p sure we're not still going to be in RVS at the end of the day so I really don't know what you're so worried about. The end of your post sounded kind of aggressive, might wanna watch out.

Eclipse is spending a lot of time explaining things and discussing the game without paying attention to the players. Eclipse, do you still have no reads on anyone?

I think I might ##Unvote ##Vote: Wallcrab, because I read through the thread again after sleep and nah I actually do think how he reaction to Euklyd is scummy. fite me

My scumvibes on Manix are still kinda there, I have weird vibes from Eclipse and Paperblade.

Actually @Refa if I publicly announce having any degree of suspicion on anyone, I'm letting everyone know about it and hoping maybe they might take it into consideration depending on the circumstance. If I wanted to only note it down for future reference I'd put it in my private notes. I'm curious as to why this was important for you to know and I'm going to chalk it up to playstyle differences atm but it might be something to think about later.

##Vote: Polydeusces

Somehow, your username makes me mad.

Also, has RVS ended yet? If not, should I end it with a stupid reaction test?

Glance at the thread and make your own decision.

So yeah... all I can really say so far about people is that I don't like Grassbridger's reasoning, though it's actual reasoning at this point so meh... I just don't really see it.

Bizz's meta on Manix is like idk, not something I've noticed when reading but I'm sure that I'm wrong there.

Otherwise not a whole lot of stuff to say, Eclipse seems to find it necessary that RVS is leaving her with a bunch of null reads... Psych doesn't like Eclipse for some reason... nothing much.

Pedit: @Grass' last post, I think what Bizz meant there was that he wants to find it scummy due to a lack of reads. He can't find scumminess elsewhere so he sort of instinctively goes after something that seems possibly scummy to compensate.

If I'm wrong here than wtv, I'm just trying to get some stuff moving.

This post kind of rubs me the wrong way. Like trying to make a post that looks like something but isn't really anything. Also why do you keep answering for Bizz?

actually, I do that sort of thing as town as well. it doesn't manifest as much on forum games, but on EM it's definitely a thing I do as either alignment (as scum though i generally go and lurk, so shrug)

now if there's anything about flip-flopping, this is it. "might be" implies that you don't have a concrete opinion on it, yet you're trying to push a ED1 case using it? yeah k.

???

this doesn't make any sense. via explained his word choice but yet you ignored for a frivolous reason? so what if he used that word again, it still explained the intention well enough imo

##Unvote

##Vote: Grassbridger

because yeah

First off I'd like to say Epicmafia is pretty different than forum mafia let's not connect the two that much.

Second off I feel like your vote on grassbringer is pretty biased if you know what I mean and also pretty weak. I admit Grassringer's case isn't all that strong or really does anything to make me feel different about levy but I do NOT think the case and reasoning is really vote worthy at all.

Y'all should vote Boron

uh.

Also I do think what Weapons said about Boron has some merit btw.

What exactly has merit? The only thing I really saw that he said about Boron was in this post http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43071&page=7#entry2635110

Which honestly i felt like was weapons grasping with how early into the game it was. Especially since beside that Weapons has yet to do anything worthy of any cred.

I think I forgot to unvote Manix, and I don't really feel like persuing the Psych vote anymore at the moment with Psych being Psych.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Weapons

I'll leave this here for now.

I've already mentioned stuff I don't like, and if it's off of a gigantic null list, that means those people are slowly moving towards scum.

Weapons is an easy target to push because of his generally lax and 95% unserious playstyle.

Here's an example of something else that I don't like. I have no issues with why Shinori is voting Weapons, but I think the former has a point. I also sense an ever-so-slight passive-aggressive bite. Lastly, Weapons isn't a serious wagon, so I feel that defending him right now isn't needed.

Yes actually, I'm pretty sure there was a part about how scum unintentionally use language that reflects the fact that they have to manufacture, rather than find, evidence of scum.

Anyway I reread Boron's post and it looks like the only game where I *haven't* nitpicked word choice is Shipping Mafia... Maybe I'll go back and look at that game for strategy or something that's not about word choice.

This is a forum, so everyone has as much time as needed to post. They can also preview what they say, and edit as needed. Thus, I think semantics arguments are extremely weak scumreads (at least for forum mafia).

I like who Paperblade is voting for, but that's not the reason I'd vote for him. I get the feeling that Wallcrab is trying not to offend people, and tiptoeing around RVS is a scumtell in my mind.

I've mentioned three things that have bothered me so far. Two of those people have votes.

##Unvote

##Vote: Viata

Besides that odd defense on Weapons, there's this, too.

I'm not trying to be passive-aggressive, it's a serious concern. I actually don't like the way Shinori voted but I can't put my finger on why, and the fact he targeted Weapons in his post just made the feeling worse.

Let me drag out a couple of things that might make my stance easier to understand.

Alright, I'll wait for what you have to say. I'll tell you what I read off of that sentence, and you can tell me whether or not I interpreted it wrong.

1. I don't have Weapons as a scum read.

2. I don't mind Weapons' case on Boron.

3. I think Shinori is scummy for pushing Weapons for the previous reason.

I took issue with 2 and 3, which is where my vote came from.

Glance at the thread and make your own decision.

This post kind of rubs me the wrong way. Like trying to make a post that looks like something but isn't really anything. Also why do you keep answering for Bizz?

First off I'd like to say Epicmafia is pretty different than forum mafia let's not connect the two that much.

Second off I feel like your vote on grassbringer is pretty biased if you know what I mean and also pretty weak. I admit Grassringer's case isn't all that strong or really does anything to make me feel different about levy but I do NOT think the case and reasoning is really vote worthy at all.

uh.

What exactly has merit? The only thing I really saw that he said about Boron was in this post http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43071&page=7#entry2635110

Which honestly i felt like was weapons grasping with how early into the game it was. Especially since beside that Weapons has yet to do anything worthy of any cred.

I think I forgot to unvote Manix, and I don't really feel like persuing the Psych vote anymore at the moment with Psych being Psych.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Weapons

I'll leave this here for now.

Let's fight

Boron is totally scummy so you're probably scum now pulling out the chainsaw (IDR the last time someone said chainsaw) but now it has stalled and backfired and you're in pieces on the ground so tragic but anyway the important thing is that it is a scummy vote esp if Boron flips scum which is maybe the truth.

And Levity is mega town. That's right town hard defending town. Unless you're scum in which case not cool.

IIRC, it was something about coaching != scumhunting (that last question which is hypocritical hit) and watching the thread but only making passing comments and really just not saying that much in posts.

Everyone else is probably town, so we're looking at 16/1?

This was his point on Boron. I think I get what's bothering me: it's Shinori's word choice. Weapons was grasping? How was he grasping? How was Grassbridger not grasping when he picked on my word choice, and how was Manix not grasping when he voted him for that? I think everyone grasps a little D1 but like, I think even then there were people grasping more than Weapons did.

I can understand the "Weapons did nothing of merit either" point, but ftr there were people at this point who had a semi-serious vote & case before Boron did and had a bit more to actually say wrt players in the game. That's why I feel that his Boron point had merit, because I looked through Boron's posts and he was right. She even asked Grassbridger a passing question that I don't think he actually answered (correct me if I'm wrong) and then she didn't try to push it or anything.

In fact, at this point Eclipse was making a lot of passing comments too and didn't have a serious vote down which also concerned me, and it's why I questioned her. Weapons had a serious vote down and a case, even though he presented it in a nonserious manner, but what I'm saying is I know where he's coming from even if it seems like he hasn't done much himself, before and after his vote.

If any of this doesn't make sense, let me know or ask me about it. I'm starting to run a fever again

I realize how what I said now might have read as a passive-aggressive scumread towards Shinori but I didn't mean it like that, whoops. I meant for it to read as a general concern. I do get bad vibes from Shinori's vote, though.