Sunwoo

my last post: "excuse me while I just jump on everyone else's cases because I can't read and mafia is hard"

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm struggling to understand what the majority of Makaze's reads mean (and also why he's trying to meta Prims after one game with him) and the stuff he has on Blitz looks a lot stronger than "gut scum" yet he's weirdly low in the lynch priority considering he wrote a one liner on the person he's voting. What makes Prims and Terrador a higher priority lynch?

The fact is I have trouble reading Blitz because I don't like him. I say gut because I don't feel I can be objective. I'm trying to temper that until I get valuable vote/read data.

Terrador is high up because he has done something strangely anti-town and hasn't offered an explanation. Assuming he has an announcement, a vote in his direction might prod him to use it.

These are D1 reads so none of them are very strong/well founded. I ordered my lynch priorities by the amount of info I think I can get from them, more or less.

I also feel like Terrador wouldn't try and fake being Via as scum because he's pretty much guaranteed to get attention for doing it unless he thought nobody would figure out it was him? But I feel like that's unlikely.

That's a WiFOM argument. I'd rather know for sure what his strategy was in his own words and/or see more substantial content.

Reread Makaze's listpost and it feels like a classic scum one-liner for each person kinda thing with a lot of nitpicky questions. Don't like how he got on me for my Prims read when he has a bunch of stuff like

Null town, with one thing: What makes him so sure that Eury is a Courier or Announcer? She didn't say anything about it.

which is very similar to what I did. feels hypocritical and rubs me the wrong way.

He also doesn't explain a lot of stuff like why he thinks Prims is waffling, also the policy lynch comment on Poly is bad if it's serious because Makaze should know we would get no info from a noshow!Poly lynch.

Also how does being wishy-washy make Strawman town but makes other people (Terra, Prims, me) scum? Like, what's the difference between being wishy-washy and waffling/sheeping?

sorry was checking something (the voting mechanics)

##Vote: Makaze

still reading N0 but am paranoid Poly might be flaking scum since I'm getting a lot of town/nullreads.

Reread Makaze's listpost and it feels like a classic scum one-liner for each person kinda thing with a lot of nitpicky questions. Don't like how he got on me for my Prims read when he has a bunch of stuff like

which is very similar to what I did. feels hypocritical and rubs me the wrong way.

He also doesn't explain a lot of stuff like why he thinks Prims is waffling, also the policy lynch comment on Poly is bad if it's serious because Makaze should know we would get no info from a noshow!Poly lynch.

Also how does being wishy-washy make Strawman town but makes other people (Terra, Prims, me) scum? Like, what's the difference between being wishy-washy and waffling/sheeping?

As far as I know, I don't have much to go on for reasons for my reads. If I were limited to only giving reads I have strong reasons for I'd only be able to give a handful. I thought giving my reads would be good enough until I could build real cases.

Strawman is a slight gut read. Terrador I suspect for doing something weird, not being wishy-washy. I think Prims is waffling because he's making sub-optimal plays and reaction testing but not giving real reads. I kind of expect him to make optimal moves.

I'm not sure what tone or even being wrong has to do with being scum. What is the intent you're reading? What scummy thing am I trying to do? I don't get it.

Now brought to you by MORE LOUDSPEAKERS

"I have the perfect Van Darkholme MAD of Mermaid girl to post but it's NSFW..... rip......

- unconcerned about Blitz's read on me; gave him a straight answer cuz I'm on the fence about his alignment and if he's town I'd rather work with him. Now feeling townBlitz.
- @SB: Didn't think much about priorities because EN0 + no votes. announcer's scummy because he's applying weird standards, like he had to construct a case and doesn't care about actual intentions. Elie's similar. you're posting to your scum meta btw.
- Terrador were you intentionally impersonating Via? Explain N0 Primsread
- scumStrawman possible; despite lacking reads he's not voting / doing anything to make more
- Dislike Makaze's reads - waffling being scummy is contextual already + this was early-game with no votes. Why require concrete reads that early? + Via waffling accusation is buzzwords.
Would vote Makaze. Agree w/ Via about classic scum list post argument"

I'm not sure what tone or even being wrong has to do with being scum. What is the intent you're reading? What scummy thing am I trying to do? I don't get it.

Wow. You guys can't read me for shit.

Actually Makaze is town LOL. There and back again, Eurykins (would like a reply or some expansion on your case). Probably would vote Prims as well, don't feel comfortable voting anyone else.

##Unvote

##Vote: Eurykins

I was bored, but I didn't want to read the thread (I've really only skimmed the thread anyways, and it's just a bunch of surface level townreads that doesn't exactly inspire me to make another effort post).

@Refa: Did you mean an expansion of my case on Eury, or an expansion from Eury herself? I don't have a strong case on Eury or I would have voted her already. I just feel she's using fluff to seem active. Would love to hear who she wants lynched.

Nah, I mean from Eurykins herself. My biggest standing issue with her is that she barely mentioned Mancer/Marthipan (her two biggest scumreads) in her latest post, and I'd like to know why she did that.

I don't see the fuss over Makaze people made right after his(?) post. Seems like y'all just disagreed and got up in a hissy. I read his reaction to the votes well.

Its true I'm not voting and that is bad. Not reading scum on Makaze, or Bizz, or Gaius. Refa started off well.

@Bizz: What is your read on Junko? Just what Terrador's announcement says?

@SB: Is it the language or the actual, say, thinness of Makaze's reads that you find scummy?

makaze's reaction to the votes doesn't read as frustrated scum to me so ugh. @strawman i'll answer your question when i'm done reading i have a physics exam tomorrow u__u

D1 - Votals 1.0:

Eurykins (2) - Refa, Lord Gaius

Makaze (2) - SB, Quote

Prims (1) - Makaze

Shinori (1) - Blitz

Not voting: Rapier, Strawman, Shinori

Phase ends in 16 hours.

Via's reread content looks good and I think their tone is town but I have a gutread that they're scum? Mafia is hard.

I am actually less sure on Makaze being scum now because I don't think the thing Via quoted in #153 is actually something he'd fake as scum? It's likely we're all able to communicate with the other phase and he'd have more info on that as scum so unless he's really grasping at points I dunno why he'd think of it as scum. I can /sort of/ understand his replies to me even if I don't fully agree with them.

Why is WIFOM invalid though? Scum don't want to be in the spotlight unless they're sure they can handle it and with Terrador's recent track record I dunno if he'd be willing to risk it as scum in that situation, even if he IS more confident in his scumplay.

##Unvote

##Vote: Blitz

Would rather push someone who can actually respond atm. I think what Blitz has posted has been weak and I don't know what he's trying to accomplish with his vote. It's not like Shinori saying "no guys I am not the ITP" will mean anything and he's not pushing him as scum either. Why are you not trying to pressure either BBM or Eli instead if you're scumreading them even if it's a weak read?

@Prims, your meta is dicks. Why is Blitz now a townread when his only post today was unexceptional?

@Strawman, it was how weak some of them were in comparison to others which gave a weird priority, but I can kind of see why he ordered them as such after he explained a bit more.

I would gutread me as scum too tbh, it's strange playing with only 8 players around at a time.

sorry for being kinda lazy I've been busy irl

I'm gonna rethink my vote bc I don't think Makaze is scum anymore after reread & his reaction didn't read scum to me. I just didn't like the way he went around his listpost because it felt like he was just throwing out a bunch of oneliners/"reads" without actually explaining them, and sometimes scum (esp. inexperienced scum) have this way of listposting where it's like they just include oneliners on everyone and some filler to make it look like they're paying attention to the game without actually contributing.

I have to reread Mancer/Junko again but I feel like Junko was overreactionary towards Mancer, there're also a few things Prims has been doing that don't gel right with me after reading back again (also something about his announcement today that I'll explain later) but the thing is whenever I think Prims is scum it's only because he's doing a few weird things and he ends up being town anyway. I don't really see what people are saying about him being noncommittal but again I haven't really been reading. I still haven't read Elie's posts at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway this is a shitty post, I promise better content when I wake up. tl;dr I don't think Makaze is scum anymore, might vote Junko but need to actually read instead of saying I did when I didn't

also i can't read bbm at all and that super duper applies to this game for some reason

Why is WIFOM invalid though? Scum don't want to be in the spotlight unless they're sure they can handle it and with Terrador's recent track record I dunno if he'd be willing to risk it as scum in that situation, even if he IS more confident in his scumplay.

It's not fully invalid, but it's not enough to clear him either. He hasn't posted another announcement. Therefore I did gain some info. Either he is ignoring the questions posed at him (somewhat scummy), or he only has the one announcement per cycle and has some kind of power role to make up for it.

anyway this is a shitty post, I promise better content when I wake up. tl;dr I don't think Makaze is scum anymore, might vote Junko but need to actually read instead of saying I did when I didn't

Holding you to this.

Are you okay with a Prims lynch?