Fire Emblem Awakening DLC Mafia [ Game Over ]

Elieson

Voting FFM is valid, and I would be doing so if I were not voting already, but Makaze is complaining that he hasn't posted after being prodded, when we can't even know if he is here to answer. It would be more prudent to wait for his post before rushing to conclusions. Don't really like his reasoning here.

My case on Makaze is ED1 quality material, yet it is reasonable and the logic follows. His Poly vote was terribad, and his explanation for it (that he wanted to generate content) may just as well be a convenient excuse to clean up his mess. I don't see him using the content he generated to further contribute to the game's scumhunting, and I don't see how you can contribute to discussion with a bad logic vote, it simply does not add to the discussion because it is irrelevant to be taken into account (other than voting you for it, that is).

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind FFM is in fact 'Stralyan, and thus can't post at the times we may want him to.

Still, I'd be willing to consolidate on him if need be for deadline.

I think it is too soon to speak about consolidating lynches on players. I am not adamant in consolidating a lynch on either Makaze or FFM, through I would if I don't find a more suitable lynch candidate (meaning that I would only consolidate a lynch on them if I don't find someone better, or if their actions give me more reason to believe they're scummy).

Reading and shizz. Looks like things picked up a bit.

Nah, it's just me being stupid.

Voting FFM is valid, and I would be doing so if I were not voting already, but Makaze is complaining that he hasn't posted after being prodded, when we can't even know if he is here to answer. It would be more prudent to wait for his post before rushing to conclusions. Don't really like his reasoning here.

My case on Makaze is ED1 quality material, yet it is reasonable and the logic follows. His Poly vote was terribad, and his explanation for it (that he wanted to generate content) may just as well be a convenient excuse to clean up his mess. I don't see him using the content he generated to further contribute to the game's scumhunting, and I don't see how you can contribute to discussion with a bad logic vote, it simply does not add to the discussion because it is irrelevant to be taken into account (other than voting you for it, that is).

You're right that I shouldn't assume he's seen the accusations. My bad.

I'm not contributing to real scumhunting because I don't have the energy for it right now. Even if I did, there isn't a whole lot of content here. I'm pretty satisfied with the results of what little I've done though, because I think it's been fruitful. What I've gotten from all this is:

• Demonstrated that at least a handful of people including you are unlikely to be my scumbuddy - Helping others with PoE.
  • Given you a chance to case someone and show either honest or dishonest behavior - Possible tells.
  • Seen how Poly reacts to the vote. Scum often get annoyed when they are found out for bad reasons, so there was some value. He reacted pretty well.
TL;DR - People can learn from things I do even if I don't have real cases.

Gonna be reading up the thread in a bit but I wanna respond to this first:

@Rapier: How is it too early to consolidate on a lynch? We have less than twenty-four hours left in the day phase. At the very least, if we were to decide not to lynch anyone today, we should consolidate and vote "No Lynch" as an option.

Ugh, just got home from work (was asked to cover a later shift, so had a glorious 11am-8:45pm window of work hours), and pretty tired, but gonna need to re-read/catch up on a few things.

**If there's anything ultra important that occurred while I was gone today, I'd love it if a TL;DR could be given to summarize things. Otherwise, time to ISO/thread surf.

Sorry, been busy this morning, have a long meeting ahead later that I have to prepare for shortly. I only have a brief skim of the posts in the thread so far so forgive me if I misread or misrepped anything. Point them out for me please. Thanks!

I think what Rapier is referring to when he talks about Levity is her chainsaw defense of me by voting for Ghoulin (who's my brother actually and likely can't post until the evening today). I don't disagree with Levity's vote because there's nothing much else to go off but I don't agree with it either since there really is no scum intent behind Ghoulin's vote on me. That said, I think Levity/Quote is town based on gut right now.

I agree with Rapier that Eury looks rather good this game with her active participation and prodding players for content.

Next thing on my mind is Makaze's opinion on Poly. If Poly appears scummy to you, where's your vote? If you think someone is scum, you vote them and get that lynched. Your stance is pretty much wait-and-see stance which I don't really like at all (aka possible scum here). Scum intent behind this is to try to push easy mislynches discreetly without drawing much attention which is how I interpreted Makaze's passive aggressive post.

Lastly, Shinori's post is really really scummy and I'm surprised no one picked up on it yet. He's shown to have an understanding of the thread as shown by his comment about the game already starting and yet he doesn't bother to post his opinions at all. I mean, he could at least post about what he thought about the votal bot testing or comment on what little interactions Strawman and LG already has.

[b##Unvote

##Vote: Shinori[/b]

I wouldn't really call that scummy. The fact that I posted saying "Oh is the game actually under way." Does not mean I have the ability to actively post or the drive to actively post or the WANT to actively read and post in the thread at that specific point in time. Like seriously, I hadn't read anything outside of the votal bot spamming and things. (Which I did comment on earlier in the thread by voting said votal bot. Just sayin') Saying someone is scummy simply because they hadn't posted any info yet while that person specifically is still in an RVS state of mind is incorrect and I don't feel like you should use that as a way to find scum. This also can be read as: GET YOUR VOTE OFF ME YOU DUMB SCUM.

Moving on I must return to my ways of being a gentleman. Classy and all that jazz. I'll be honest I pretty much ignored anything page 8 and before that not really caring about any of that stuff and started on page 9. Page 9 really doesn't have much on it either in all honesty. Shin brings up good points on FFM but that was like the only meaningful thing I saw on that page, and even that isn't really anything meaningful.

Waiting solely for my response is like a poor decision filled with laziness Mancer, you should know this by now. C'mon dude.

I'm honestly getting weird vibes from Rapier, partially gut but outside of that I don't like how he compared makaze and FFM as newbie and veteran or something. It doesn't really have any standing in the current situation I feel. Also his entire concept of his vote on Makaze is "IT has no logic" Not everything can be dictated by logic yo. Hah, I said yo. That's not very gentlemanly of me. Excuse myself for a moment while I collect myself. I'm honestly leaning scum at the moment on Rapier but mostly it's still null.

Nothing else has really happened this game. Da fuq.

##Vote: Shin

I'm gonna roll with this. You commented on a few things in your post where you vote FFM and in a later post after that you basically say that you can't comment on much of the game because most of the people are absent. There is still plenty of content here for you to be commenting on or at least stating an opinion on. Not that you have to, dear lords no. I wouldn't even comment on it all. Albeit my point is that you have only really commented on like 3 people in the game and most of your posts so far consist of you just tl;dring other peoples posts in your post. EX:

Typical case of Rapier derping again, Straw's vote on LG was a joke, but I guess it's not impossible for Rapier to miss that.

Now let's be classy everyone and decide who should take the noose later today shall we? I feel we can have a very mature conversation if we all sit down in some nice comfy chairs beside a fire and drink the night away.

##Unvote: NecroGhoulin

obviously not sticking with this anymore. had a super long day, am catching up with the thread now

Day 1: Automated Votals from #191 to #210

FrostyFireMage (3): Lord Gaius, Shin, Makaze

Shinori (2): Eurykins, MancerNecro

Quote (2): Rapier, FrostyFireMage

Lord Gaius (1): Blackhawk Stinger

Blackhawk Stinger (1): Paperblade

MancerNecro (1): NecroGhoulin

Shin (1): Shinori

Not voting (2): Quote, Sawslothducksaucestrawman

Phase ends in 10h41m.

Vote history:

Makaze (1): FrostyFireMage

Shinori (1): Shin

Quote (1): Unvote

<Beta v0.1.3>

yeah my motivation is shot now, thanks long-ass RP thread making

uhhhhhhh LG still owes werds so w/e

I'm not gonna be around for phase end probably so

##Unvote

##Vote: FrostyFireMage

because hell if I'm gonna let an NL happen

if I make werds again before sleep it'll be a miracle, sorry syug

##Vote: FFM

sry there's no one else I would consider voting. At first I considered Poly over FFM but his recently content is a bit better--although I still get vibes from him so my read on him will probably be kinda volatile. insert shrug emoticon here im lazy and tired

Rapier is probably town. I thought Eury was town at first but I need to see more content from her--once I see a serious vote from her I'll be able to read her better. also Rapier stfu remember I am a LITERATURE STUDENT i already have a shit ton to read ok

Iiii have a feeling FFM is flaking scum but I've never played with him so whatever.

if he's not there are a couple of people I'll be looking at tomorrow :3c

really sry guys i had a major panic attack this morning and im really tired and need to sleep sooner than later

Yo, I'm dropping in to say a few non-helpful things. First, I spent all day writing a paper and am working on paper number 2 due in less than 5 hours. Secondly, in 5 and 1/2 hours I go work and will be gone all day and miss phase end. So, I unfortunately do not and will not have time to read the 2-ish pages since my unvote, my mind is shot, and i'm running out and time and I cant afford to fail this paper or turn it in late because tomorrow is the last day of classes so I'm going to do that terrible thing so hate me if you hate me but i trust you all to find a lynch and I will be active on day 2 if I'm still alive(IRL).

##Vote: No Lynch

Day 1: Automated Votals from #211 to #216

FrostyFireMage (5): Lord Gaius, Shin, Makaze, Blackhawk Stinger, Quote

Shinori (2): Eurykins, MancerNecro

Quote (2): Rapier, FrostyFireMage

Blackhawk Stinger (1): Paperblade

MancerNecro (1): NecroGhoulin

Shin (1): Shinori

No Lynch (1): Sawslothducksaucestrawman

Phase ends in 4h39m.

Vote history:

Blackhawk Stinger (1): FrostyFireMage

Quote (1): FrostyFireMage

Sawslothducksaucestrawman (1): No Lynch

<Beta v0.1.3>

FrostyFireMage must have said something :3 that's why people vote him.

But to me I don't see any errors in what she says.btw I'm not that good in ace attorney but I will try.Maybe I will play that game to make my scum hunting skills better.

Wait, if there really is less than 5 hours left (with most players I suppose sleeping), is trying to avoid getting lynched pointless?

No, you should at least attempt to post something useful. You've had plenty of time, especially since you've been posting elsewhere on SF. Do you have any opinions on anything beyond Quote's posting pattern, which from looking at any other game they've played in, you'd find is just how they post.

Makaze's last post bothers me. He's spending far more time trying to fend off Rapier than anything else, and considering that he's under very little scrutiny otherwise, it looks very self conscious. I can see the line of logic with Shinori's vote on me, but I am genuinely bothered by the apathy in the thread. Both Poly and Quote have said very little and just decided to park on FFM to "consolidate". I appreciate it's late in the phase but neither of them have any particularly good reasons in their vote.

There's also the matter that a couple of people are still on their RVS vote, gg.

Alright I'm just ISOing people now for whatever reason. Probably cause it gets me to organize my thoughts better.

Poly: Nothing particularly bad, but anything in particular from my content jump out to you? Other than the beginning which I think I cleared up.

Ya boi Gaius: The towniest townie to ever town in the town of townsville.

FrostyFireMage: FFM isn't looking to hot at the moment. Like, I understand Via spam posts a bit, and maybe it's true that you've never played with them before, but any of Via's other games show that she posts like that. Also leaving your vote on that for almost 24 hours pretty lame. Also don't ever give up if you're town, try and find a way to avoid a mislynch in whatever means possible.

Rapier: Not bad. Definitely townie so far. He backs up his reads with more than most other people in this game right now. He read the alignment neutral exchange with me and Straw (as it should be), and his Makaze case is decent enough. Makaze's defense has also been less then stellar. One thing I would say is that you shouldn't be calling Makaze and FFM new players if I'm here haha (unless 10 games isn't enough to be considered not new.)

Quote: Eh. It's been kinda wishy-washy, but that is probably just due to the way you spit out your thoughts very quickly. Also, I get that it's a gutread, but I had no idea what the fuck I was doing my D1 in .hack, I think Ghoulin has a right to be pretty confused and unable to make clear reads in his first couple posts.

Mancer: Really liking what Mancer has so far. Good callout on Makaze. He points out that Shinori post we all looked over that is essentially what I said with my "fun mafia game" post, but after everyone has at least some content. It didn't really ping me as much as it did Mancer I guess, but the reaction from Shinori was useful. One of my stronger townreads at this point in the game.

PB: Hasn't done like anything. I mean the Poly vote was kinda wierd. Are you saying Poly's isn't mudslinging while Quote/Makaze's are? Yet you continue to vote for Poly anyway?

Makaze: Saying that your Poly vote was a reaction test seems like an easy way to back off of a vote that you probably just threw out there. Also, is getting people to case you as a town player really the most effective way you can be helping the town? It seems like a very bad town play to try and absorb reads which could divert attention from the other scum. Maybe this is an effective strategy, but I can't really see the logic behind it.

Ghoulin: Well, they're new, and I already said how confused I was my first ever D1. Can't really judge you yet, but I'd appreciate if you made an attempt at reading even just one or two players. Also I only have two(?) votes on me now. Not really a wagon.

Shinori: I kind of understand that you couldn't write anything when you made that fiddlin votals bot post. But with your next post, things had happened, like me and Straw, Makaze Poly, and even though there's a decent amount of words without saying much. And while Mancer's vote was more of a prod than anything, him waiting for a response from you is perfectly fine since you have like 0 content outside of that first votals post.

Shin: Hasn't really done anything, but making it look like they have. They summarize a bunch of topics that happened and make it look like they have their own opinion of said topics, but they really just don't. Very empty posts, not liking them right now. Like I get they don't like FFM because they didn't look at Quote's meta, but you should have had something more to say when you wrote your most recent message.

Cut- Shin's last post was better. Poly and Quote, we still have 3+ hours to discuss things.

Eury: One of my other strongest townreads. Her questions have been well asked, and she was the real spark that got us out of RVS. Would like some more content from her before deadline if possible.

Strawman: Town. One of the key people getting us out of votals bot and RVS shenanigans, backed up his vote on me when pressed. Wish he could have put a vote on someone, but IRL happens, so I'm not gonna hold him to it.

##Vote: Makaze

Willing to consolidate on FFM since I doubt Makaze will be a wagon. Also, let's like not hammer immediately @people who haven't voted yet.

Why I'm even bothering sorting through this game is beyond me since I'm basically doomed due to time-zones but annnyway

Eury's first couple of posts strike me as hypocritical - why would she criticize other players for not moving the game along and analyzing other player's posting without actually putting any of her own opinions down?

also in regards to my vote on Quote - I haven't played many games where I wasn't lynched in the first couple of days and even less with Quote so his posting habits struck me as odd. Apparently that was misguided so

##Unvote

Poly seems defensive in his response to Makaze's vote and doesn't really post much on his views on other players in response - feels rather flaky, especially since he should know better after his experiences with Mafia

Makaze does seem overly fixated on Poly but I remember his meta usually revolves around analyzing the hell out of one particular player

MancerNecro's opinion of Shinori feels like he's going after inactive players - and I know enough about Shinori that he tends to be lazy. Why a single comment is 'really scummy' is beyond me, especially since it's Shinori

Paperblade is similar to Shinori - doesn't really bring forth content posts. Nothing out of the norm.

Anyway MancerNecro's vote feels the worst so far to me

##Vote: MancerNecro