Fire Emblem Awakening DLC Mafia [ Game Over ]

Elieson

do I have to unvote to revote someone else?

##Unvote

##Vote: Poly

Poly's post is pretty much just suspecting half the game.

Rapier: Why do you think Quote and Makaze's posts look like mud slinging but not Poly's?

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1: Automated Votals from #175 to #176

Shinori (2): Eurykins, MancerNecro

Quote (2): Rapier, FrostyFireMage

Lord Gaius (2): Shin, Blackhawk Stinger

Blackhawk Stinger (2): Makaze, Paperblade

FrostyFireMage (1): Lord Gaius

MancerNecro (1): NecroGhoulin

NecroGhoulin (1): Quote

Not voting (2): Sawslothducksaucestrawman, Shinori

Phase ends in 32h46m.

Vote history:

Paperblade (1): Blackhawk Stinger

<Beta v0.1.2>

Day 1: Automated Votals from #177 to #178

Lord Gaius (2): Shin, Blackhawk Stinger

FrostyFireMage (1): Lord Gaius

Phase ends in 32h1m.

<Beta v0.1.2>

This is why I never trust technology! Mafia should be played the old fashioned way! Just on computers online, OK?

My vote on Gaius was mostly a gut thing, and the comment he made was literally the most unusual thing I saw in a relatively dead game. It's no so much as it was bad, but it was the only thing in the thread that stood out. Anyways, I'm content with the response he gave.

##Unvote

Typical case of Rapier derping again, Straw's vote on LG was a joke, but I guess it's not impossible for Rapier to miss that. I wouldn't say that either Quote or Makaze are mudslinging. It's early in the game and currently there's not a huge basis to vote people on. If you did actually have any conviction in anything, a vote would kinda be appropriate.

FFM clearly doesn't remember playing with Quote. Quite a few things have started to crop up in the game now, is there anything other than Quote's playstyle which you've noticed since the game began?

##Vote: FFM

Day 1: Automated Votals from #179 to #180

FrostyFireMage (2): Lord Gaius, Shin

Lord Gaius (1): Blackhawk Stinger

Phase ends in 29h41m.

Vote history:

Shin (1): FrostyFireMage

<Beta v0.1.2>

Elie should probably adjust the votal settings to only react if there is a change in votes or something.

@Makaze: My bad then, I had only had a brief glimpse of what had happened in the game so far.

Day 1: Automated Votals from #181 to #184

Phase ends in 26h36m.

<Beta v0.1.2>

Can ppl please refer to my brother as Ghoulin? Pretty disconcerting when someone calls him "Necro" cause I have "Necro" in my forum name too. Think of "Necro" as something like our family or last name lol.

I apologize for being busy today, I promise to post more tomorrow (y'all know how addicted I am to mafia)!

Right now though, I want to see Shinori respond to my vote on him. I will read the thread in more detail when I wake up tomorrow morning.

I have no idea how to find out who is scum/town :/ And have no idea who to vote.

Part of the reason I'm voting for someone I know like my brother.

What Shin said. Think about what was going through their head when they made a post. What were they trying to accomplish by saying it?

Unvote

##Vote: Makaze

Explanations will be given bellow don't act like Quote and read half of posts before commenting, then read the other half after the post is done.

This. @Rapier: I would also like to know if you find their "mudslinging" (which I'm interpreting means nitpicking in order to make that person look worse than they are) scummy/suspicious. And what differentiates what they did in their reads from what you did in your reads?

It is not particularly scummy because, as you said, it is practically impossible to be sure about scum content on ED1, save on some really rare exceptions. Yet it is worth being called for, in Makaze's case, because it 1) makes a player look particularly bad for something small; 2) provides little content for discussion, for there is no read at all; 3) therefore is both unhelpful for town's proggression (doesn't incite much discussion and thought) and distracting because of the red herring-ish read (making someone seem bad for something small).

Being ED1 is not justification, because Poly, Strawman and Quote at least had some logic behind it. Makaze's has none.

The reason why I did not unvote and vote Makaze was that I wanted to keep my vote on Quote, so he could provide his reasoning. I wanted to keep a pressure vote.

I voted him a post or two before giving that mini explanation. I was explaining why I changed my vote while still in RVS/trying to generate some kind of reaction. Mission accomplished.

I feel like he would say different things if he were town. It's a gut reaction. Vibe = gut feeling for me. I think they're synonyms or something. It's super weak, but anything is better than nothing. Still practically RVS from my perspective.

"luls i was kidding"

I don't feel inclined to trust it just yet. Where is your opinions with regards to the present cases? Also, if Poly's content is bad, why don't you address him? Your past vote, along with this post, makes me think you're being lazy on purpose (and I beat everyone on laziness by far).

do I have to unvote to revote someone else?

##Unvote
##Vote: Poly

Poly's post is pretty much just suspecting half the game.

Rapier: Why do you think Quote and Makaze's posts look like mud slinging but not Poly's?

`Poly's vote has some logic, Makaze's has none (other than 'Poly looks flippant, flippant players are scum, therefore Poly is scum gg'). Sure, Poly's got a less than reasonable scumread on you, and it is similar to Makaze's read on Poly, but yeah, his Lord Gaius read is at least more solid than Makaze's read. And I meant nitpicking, not mudslinging. My apologies.

---

Speaking of ED1 reads that make little sense, I dislike FrostFireMage's when they point toward Quote for posting too much. If you read any other game where Quote participated and was town, you'll see this is how he plays (also known as 'meta'). It is not an indicative of scumminess. I suggest focusing more on content than quantity (sometimes it is worth calling a player who posts too much and doesn't provide much content. Mancer used to do this as scum in order to seem like he was doing something useful).

For someone who might ask me what is the difference between Makaze and FFM, the former is a veteran while the latter is not (to my knowledge). Newbies are more prone to commit these mistakes, whereas we don't expect this kind of thing from veterans, because they know better. So Makaze's vote pings my radar more. On that matter, I rather like Shin's vote on him.

--

@Ghoulin

Play as if you were playing Ace Attorney. Someone is the guilt party, and you figure this out by analyzing their 'testimonies'.

If you find any inconsistencies, shout OBJECTION.

1. I don't think I said it was a joke...? Poly being too joke-y was my reason for switching to him.

2. This is my ~10th NOC game. I think I'm newer than FFM. If not, then we started in the same Newbie Training game.

Day 1: Automated Votals from #56 to #190

Phase ends in 16h42m.

Vote history:

Lord Gaius (1): FrostyFireMage

Paperblade (2): Eurykins -> Blackhawk Stinger

Eurykins (1): Shinori

Blackhawk Stinger (4): Sawslothducksaucestrawman -> Rapier -> Makaze -> Lord Gaius

Shin (4): Quote -> Blackhawk Stinger -> Lord Gaius -> FrostyFireMage

Makaze (2): Lord Gaius -> Blackhawk Stinger

Quote (3): Eurykins -> MancerNecro -> NecroGhoulin

MancerNecro (3): Quote -> Rapier -> Shinori

Rapier (1): Quote

Sawslothducksaucestrawman (4): Paperblade -> Lord Gaius -> Unvote -> Unvote

NecroGhoulin (1): MancerNecro

FrostyFireMage (2): Lord Gaius -> Quote

<Beta v0.1.3>

Edited by Votal Bot

Makaze & FFM have about the same experience level if you count up total games played (iirc, someone corrects me if I'm wrong here), so that argument doesn't exactly work, Rapier.

When did I say I was scumreading Makaze? Or were you referring to Paper there? Besides that, I never said I had a good reason for a scumread on Paper, I even pointed out that it was gut. Not sure if you're just derping or nitpicking, Rapier.

Shin's seeming pretty townie so far. Makaze's actually seeming a bit townie despite how odd his reasoning is for voting me. Rapier is at worst derptown unless his answers to my questions here are bad.

Via's probably town if they aren't ITP, but I'd need to reread them a bit better.

Vote's staying where it is; still not a fan of LG's (admittedly still fairly small amount of) content thus far.

1. I don't think I said it was a joke...? Poly being too joke-y was my reason for switching to him.

2. This is my ~10th NOC game. I think I'm newer than FFM. If not, then we started in the same Newbie Training game.

1. You attempted to justify your bad logic vote by saying it had the purpose of generating content, that is what I mean. Yet I don't see you addressing any content that it has generated or doing something productive with it, nor do I see how much your mission was 'accomplished', since it only generated two negative reads on you (me and Mancer). I'm not buying your justification.

2. Ok. Since I can't vote two players, I'll keep my vote on you. Seems reasonable enough.

When did I say I was scumreading Makaze? Or were you referring to Paper there? Besides that, I never said I had a good reason for a scumread on Paper, I even pointed out that it was gut. Not sure if you're just derping or nitpicking, Rapier.

Actually, I must be derping on my wording.

I was referring to your Paper scum gutread. I never said it had good logic, I said your LG vote had more logic than Makaze's vote. Paper asked me why I was not voting you, that is the justification for it.

Alright, fair enough. Yeah, Rapier's probably town, I'm getting a better vibe from him than usual (I tend to scumread Rapier a lot fsr...?).

1. You attempted to justify your bad logic vote by saying it had the purpose of generating content, that is what I mean. Yet I don't see you addressing any content that it has generated or doing something productive with it, nor do I see how much your mission was 'accomplished', since it only generated two negative reads on you (me and Mancer). I'm not buying your justification.

2. Ok. Since I can't vote two players, I'll keep my vote on you. Seems reasonable enough.

3. I think I generated some content. Like your case on me?

4. I don't understand the logic here.

I'm not quite getting Rapier's train when it comes to Makaze. I mean, I don't think it's inherently scummy, but it's pretty tenuous. I mean, it's not like he's going out of his way to present Makaze as bad, it's just more his conclusions are a bit eh. Also with Poly on the for some reason I'm not auto-scumreading Rapier gg.

I can't really comment on much of the game, since so many people are absent. However, I'm not really drawing much from the Makaze/Rapier interaction, and I still think FFM's vote is really bad. Hopefully people will start to pick up, deadline isn't exactly a million miles away.

I see what you mean about FFM's vote, and despite prodding he hasn't posted since. That adds some weight to the scumminess. Let's see what happens...

##Unvote

##Vote FFM