[FE4] Rate The Unit I

Caliban of Sycorax

So did not steal this.

Okay, I figured we should totally do this for FE4. It's pretty awesome so far, and I figured why not use FE4, which is arguably one of the most well-known and popular games.

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking

none yet~

DAY 1: SIGURD

__

Okay! Let's get the ball rolling.

Sigurd is easily defined as the greatest unit ever. He's considered to be the best lord in the series, and has the unique ability of soloing the entire First Generation. He uses Swords and Spears, which means he has a fairly large control of the Weapon Triangle, and he also has the severely broken 9 MOV, which in FE4 means he's automatically Top of God Tier. Sigurd also has Pursuit, the most broken skill in the game, which allows him to double everything. He's also promoted, which makes things better. He has superior growths, and gets a Silver Sword almost exclusively for himself. In fact, most of the Rings, the Light/Thunder Sword, the first Silver Sword, and the Hero Sword should be exclusive.

Sigurd then gets Tyrfing and wrecks Chapter 5.

Enough said, Sigurd has few flaws. The Horseslayers are annoying, especially in FE4 when they insta-crit, and there are times that Sigurd may need backup. But when you can solo most, if not all, of your generation, you're doing shit right.

Oh, and he's walking sex. Too bad he wastes it on Diadora.

10/10

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Sigurd. I'm not is biggest fan in the world, but he's still capable of destroying the whole game. All he needs is a Silver Sword, a Hero Sword, and a Javelin to do so. Why a Javelin? Some enemies are stupid and once he gains enough speed enemies won't attack him. Javelins can prevent that, not to mention he can actually double with it, and 2 range is awesome. The cons? Well at the end Sigurd is kinda average compared to everyone else, and can't do (good amounts of) magic damage and relies on criticals. Ethlin and Diadora won't be arround to help him accomplish those, and I'm assuming this won't be a Sigurdsolo (aka everyone is being used), so getting a weapon 50 kills in Gen 1 can be kind of difficult.

9/10

When I soloed Gen 1 with Sigurd, it was easier than it had ever been using any other characters. I think that says all that needs to be said.

10/10

I don't always rate units 10/10, but when I do... I prefer it to be Sigurd.

Solo Gen 1, my friends.

EDIT: Just in case it wasn't clear, there's really not much else you can say about Sigurd. He kills everyone, he can win by himself if he's so inclined, and you want him to do at least a little of this because he needs to accumulate every ring ever for Celice. And he's his own Jeigan, for Chrissakes!

Edited by Renall

9/10 for not being as cool as Celice.

EDIT Agh, I can't do it, Sigurd's too fucking awesome for me to rate him down. 10/10. I still like Celice better, but...eh, why not give Sigurd a 10/10?

Edited by Refa

Ah, Sigurd. I'm not is biggest fan in the world, but he's still capable of destroying the whole game. All he needs is a Silver Sword, a Hero Sword, and a Javelin to do so. Why a Javelin? Some enemies are stupid and once he gains enough speed enemies won't attack him. Javelins can prevent that, not to mention he can actually double with it, and 2 range is awesome. The cons? Well at the end Sigurd is kinda average compared to everyone else, and can't do (good amounts of) magic damage and relies on criticals.

I'm not really seeing who is beating Sigurd. Sigurd is fast enough to double everything with the Silver Sword, everything with Tyrfing, and he can double a significant number of enemies with a Silver Lance. He also has access to two Hero weapons. All the people that might beat him in combat (such as Levin and Briggid) aren't mounted, all the mounted units are strictly worse.

He's strong, fast and has a horse. The Sword of Manliness keeps him going through the game. Even in a regular run, it should hit 50 kills.

10/10

Gen 1 is painful to play, because 23 units aren't Sigurd.

Sigurd/Sigurd, since rating him on a scale of one to ten doesn't do justice to him. I guess it rounds to a 10/10.

Edited by Baldrick

I'm not really seeing who is beating Sigurd. Sigurd is fast enough to double everything with the Silver Sword, everything with Tyrfing, and he can double a significant number of enemies with a Silver Lance. He also has access to two Hero weapons. All the people that might beat him in combat (such as Levin and Briggid) aren't mounted, all the mounted units are strictly worse.

Holsety Arthur is a lot better than Sigurd can ever hope to be. And chapter 4 and the first bit of chapter 5 is not Sigurd friendly, he can have a trouble there. Especially the first part of chapter 4, where he gets slept, and then a ton of wind mages can attack him with no counter (he can't OHKO or double with a Javelin and he doesn't have enough magic (even with a ring but he'll never be holding that after he kills Sandima) to do anything with a magic sword.

Holsety Arthur is a lot better than Sigurd can ever hope to be. And chapter 4 and the first bit of chapter 5 is not Sigurd friendly, he can have a trouble there. Especially the first part of chapter 4, where he gets slept, and then a ton of wind mages can attack him with no counter (he can't OHKO or double with a Javelin and he doesn't have enough magic (even with a ring but he'll never be holding that after he kills Sandima) to do anything with a magic sword.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Holsety Arthur and Sigurd may as well be in different games for how much competition they are for each other. Holsety Arthur could have max stats iin everything and come with 9999 move and it wouldn't diminish how awesome Sigurd is. Chapter 4, are you joking? Chapter 2 is a damn lot harder, and you can and should give Sigurd the Light Sword to make it easier. Then again, you make the mistake that Sigurd could get slept there, so something tells me you haven't played the game in a while. Are you talking about the Sleep Swords like two of the assassins' carry which have such a minuet chance of sleep that the fact that they are otherwise sucky weapons makes said assassins easier to beat more important than the fact that they, well, sleep you. Why wouldn't Sigurd hold the Magic Ring? It makes Ch. 7 a lot easier for Celice, and really the Light Sword is more helpful for the avoid it gives him against magic attacks rather than for him to actually destroy said magic users. After all, you could just have him bumrush to the castle, Hero Sword the boss' ass, and poof! ALL of the mages are gone anyways.

Edited by Refa

Darros is talking about the guy with the sleep staff, the bishop. He'll prioritize healing his mooks over sleeping, so Sigurd with the Light Sword can just waltz through. Admittedly, he needs a little help if he wants to be efficient at taking the next castle, but he's still not having too much trouble.

Chapter 2 is one of the harder ones in the game, since Sigurd's sword only gets 50 kills about halfway through and Clement's bottleneck can prove troublesome.

Anouleth, I jusr reread your post. Sigurd doesn't have the weapon ranks to weild a Silver Lance.

The reason I'm not giving Sigurd the magic ring is because there's a limited weapon supply in FE4, I've talked about this with Integ once when we were arguing Ayra VS Alec, and the Hero Sword got brought up. I said that there's limited weapons, so it goes to Sigurd. Same with the magic ring, I'm assuming we're using everyone, so the magic ring is going to someone who actually wants or needs it. And Sigurd still can't 1RKO mages with a magic weapon and a magic ring. Or Dew, I've seen cool stuff done with promoted Dew and a Light Sword. Chapter two is a pain in the ass, yes, but it's easier on Sigurd because he can take more hits there. The bishop at first who's surrounded by wind mages is who can sleep Sigurd, not the two swordfighters. And I don't think Sigurd can ORKO any Baron boss in this chapter easily, because of a few things. One: No Critical. Two: Great Shield.

Also, about the Silver Sword, unless you're whoring it around, I don't see it reaching 50 kills in Gen 1 from what I said earlier. I'm not assuming draft circumstances, I'm assuming everyone gets used, even scrubs like Ardan and Tiltyu. So Sigurd isn't going to be killing hoards of enemies by himself, the others are going to get kills too.

Edited by Knuckles

He'll prioritize healing his mooks over sleeping

I have a chapter 3 save file from a normal run where I avoided using Sigurd too much. Sigurd's Silver Sword has 30 kills at the beginning of the chapter, I think it's fair to assume that he can get another 20 by the first boss on chapter 4. Sigurd doesn't really need the magic ring. The avoid he gets from the Light Sword helps him avoid any wind magic, realistically, he won't kill them with magic. In fact, it's better if he doesn't as it lets the boss heal them instead of sleeping people.

Arthur with Holsety may be potent, but his movement is low for the first couple of chapters, as he'll be promoting around chapter 9 outside of a draft. This limits his usefulness, but he's still pretty good. Just not Sigurd good.

I have a chapter 3 save file from a normal run where I avoided using Sigurd too much. Sigurd's Silver Sword has 30 kills at the beginning of the chapter, I think it's fair to assume that he can get another 20 by the first boss on chapter 4. Sigurd doesn't really need the magic ring. The avoid he gets from the Light Sword helps him avoid any wind magic, realistically, he won't kill them with magic. In fact, it's better if he doesn't as it lets the boss heal them instead of sleeping people.

Arthur with Holsety may be potent, but his movement is low for the first couple of chapters, as he'll be promoting around chapter 9 outside of a draft. This limits his usefulness, but he's still pretty good. Just not Sigurd good.

I don't think I've ever gotten 50 kills on Sigurd's sword. It took me something like 8 chapters to get Critical on Ayra's Hero sword. Levin!Arthur can easily promote mid-chapter 8, even earlier with any sort of favoritism.

I've also never tried a Sigurd solo, or near-solo. I always deploy and use everyone.

Sigurd is still hands-down awesome. 10/10.

Edit: by "8 chapters" I meant, during Chapter 8. I realize this is misleading, as you only get it in Ch3.

Edited by Balcerzak

Are we assuming separation by generation? That is, if I think about how I rate Sigurd, I don't dock him points because "he's not as good as Levin!Arthur," right? The only character who should be rated based on both generations is Fin, and he has enough going for him (including the unique availability itself) that it can be relatively easily factored as probably mostly a positive.

Granted, I'd still rate Sigurd better than Levin!Arthur I think even if I were comparing the two, but since Gen 1 units literally cannot exist after Chapter 5 and Gen 2 units cannot exist before Chapter 6, I figured we'd just rate everyone in their context.