Rate the Unit, Day 40: Largo

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings the sonic sword" or any other justification as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Rolf: 1.15

Sothe: 2.03

Lucia: 2.23

Brom: 2.32

Bastian: 2.49

Tauroneo: 2.85

Shinon: 3.00

Janaff: 3.32

Ulki: 3.59

Ranulf: 3.93

Devdan: 4.11

Volke : 4.82

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.15

Geoffrey: 5.27

Rhys: 5.31

Gatrie: 5.46

Mia: 5.71

Muarim: 6.19

Mist: 6.41

Mordecai: 6.55

Makalov: 6.59

Tormod: 6.62

Zihark: 6.65

Haar: 6.73

Lethe: 6.75

Nephenee: 6.79

Callil: 7.21

Stefan: 7.40

Astrid: 7.76

Boyd: 8.29

Ike: 8.57

Tanith: 9.08

Oscar: 9.08

Kieran: 9.23

Jill: 9.31

Marcia: 9.36

Reyson: 9.79

Titania: 9.91

the guy that banged callil in the next game. props.

PROS:

-decent base stats

-room to grow, with good growth rates

-A rank axes

CONS:

-low availability

-7 movement

-very low DEF and RES

Largo is a favorite of mine because Berserkers are my favorite class. Too bad Largo is the only berserker in this game and he isnt very good either. He is better than Lucia and Bastion and maybe Tauroneo and thats about it. He has fantastic offense, but will have trouble seeing combat with his 7 movement. His DEF and RES are terrible but his super high HP makes up for it. Sadly his only opportunity to do anything is chapter 25, after that good luck.

1.25/10 - Largo's availability kills him. He would be so much better if he came with Calill...

A late-joining warrior with a boosted critical rate and less defenses. That's basically how to describe Largo (well, Warriors also have bows). Largo is just that. He joins very late in the game, so late that he doesn't really have much time to do anything, and does pretty much the same things Boyd does. Had he joined earlier in the game, he could possibly get 7's or even some 8's and 9's depending on how early it was, but he joins in the far-end of the game. Only Elincia, the dragons, and Laguz Kings join after him. I would say right there that's the end of the matter. His late join-time murders any real usability that he has. However, unlike Geoffry, he also lacks Paragon, so leveling him up isn't easy either. Of course, unlike Geoffry, his stats are actually kinda good.

If he had joined earlier, he could very well have gotten a good rating, even from me.

3/10

21 Str | 20 Spd with a 70% Str growth and a 45% Spd growth? And having at least 13 levels to make use of it. Not to mention 21 Skl, +15% critical due to class, and having a total of 25% Crit before CEV!?!

Oh my fucking Cob!

The unfortunate scenarios? Well... he joins in Chapter 25, which means he only has about 2-3 maps to really work with. 52 HP | 10 Def | 3 Res is kind of atrocious. He's borderline 3-4HKOed all the time, pending on the enemies. Low movement... kind of hurts him too.

He's decent, but not "awesome". Passable, but barely.

3/10.

Oh Largo, you had so much potential. As so many others have said, if his availability had been better (like he joined when Calil did) he probably would have been a 7+ scorer. Or even if he would have joined in the warrior class with an A in axes and an A/B in bows he could have been great thanks having better options avoiding counterattacks. Hell even if he joined 5 levels higher where his stats would have been so good that it would justify using him instead of all the other prepromotes that had joined before this point... but unfortunately that isn't the case. At the end of the day, Largo realistically has a single chapter of use where he is subpar without a good injection of BEXP before hand and will likely only be used there because all of our mounted units suddenly have 2-3 movement on the mountain. After that point, he'll likely be benched indefinitely. 2/10 is the best I can give Largo as he is for that single chapter where he is just useable, but if he had appeared earlier or in a different situation he could have been amazing.

I had bad experiences with Largo. His offence looks so good but in practice Largo is made of paper. I was so stoked to use him until he kept dying on me. His huge HP doesn't buffer damage as well as you'd hope. His late join time means he doesn't have much reason to hit the field. Overall I feel Largo doesn't do justice to one of my favourite classes. It's a shame that he is also the only character who becomes unplayable in Radiant Dawn, since I am sure he would have been much better there.

2/10

21 Str | 20 Spd with a 70% Str growth and a 45% Spd growth? And having at least 13 levels to make use of it. Not to mention 21 Skl, +15% critical due to class, and having a total of 25% Crit before CEV!?!

Oh my fucking Cob!

The unfortunate scenarios? Well... he joins in Chapter 25, which means he only has about 2-3 maps to really work with. 52 HP | 10 Def | 3 Res is kind of atrocious. He's borderline 3-4HKOed all the time, pending on the enemies. Low movement... kind of hurts him too.

He's decent, but not "awesome". Passable, but barely.

3/10.

This will be my vote as well.

I dunno, I don't find Largo to be super attractive. Probably because his physique is a bit over-the-top and he throws it right in your face. There's no mystery, no fun in imaging what he looks like shirtless. Look at Muarim and Gareth, they do it right. They give you just enough while teasing you for more. Heh. Muarim x Gareth.

Errr... uhhh... I meant, LOOK AT LUCIA'S BOOBIES!!

Largo, First class berserker. Marries Calill.

Pros:

Decent base level.

Good strength.

Cons:

Ehhh.

Bad defense.

Comes pretty late.

Not a lot of room to grow.

This guy is just not that awesome to me. Hes got a niche use but like, i dunno. Hes got pretty meh defense and just...i dunno. I dont really use him...like ever. So im gonna like give him a 3/10.

I should take back atrocious for his defense parameters. He at least has an HP buffer.

Though I'm surprised Ayanami hasn't come in here and stated that Largo has low Luck too! His is the same as base Geoffrey!

Largo is basically Boyd with better skill, speed, and health, mildly worse strength (lower base, but higher growth), and worse def and res bases, which is really what kills him. Like people have said, if he came earlier and had better defense, he's actually be a quite solid unit. He's got great offensive parameters and loads of health, but his defenses, move, and join time kill him. By this point, any nonmounted unit is going to have trouble seeing action what with 6 potential pallies and 4 fliers, all of whom are quite good. Poor Largo, rendered pointless by his join time in FE9 and loses an arm before FE10.

3/10

Pros

Good strength growths

Funny Supports

Very likely to cap HP, Speed, strength, and Skill.

Berserkers are Awesome

Awesome animations(Battle roar for the win)

Cons

Misses out on the Bandit to Berserker promotion which gives +3 to every stat.

Comes in late in the game

A complete Glass cannon with low Defense and Res.

6/10

+1 bias

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Largo is all offense. High initial stats in Strength, Skill and Speed give Largo lots of omph behind his attacks. If he hits you, you'll be feeling it in the morning. Heck, he might even double you for lots of pain. His biggest weakness is a lack of durability. While 52 HP is solid, 10 defense and 3 resistance are definitely not. His offenses gives him a solid player phase performance, as his power is insane and most things will either be heavily weakened if not outright killed. But taking counters hurts Largo because he actually can't take lots of hits (Hmm, sounds like an awesome Vantage candidate, if only he didn't show up in Ch.25). He's an axe dude in a lance world though, so he's in a pretty solid spot. He does have wind affinity, which kinda sucks. But any boost to avoid, no many how tiny, is welcome when your defenses suck like Largo's. Supporting with Tauroneo and Maurim further boost his avoid while also giving some defense, which he kinda needs.

4 for low durability and bad availability (mostly the second one), +1 bias = 5/10