Rate the Unit, Day 35: Linde

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Maria: 1.05

Radd: 1.31

Vyland: 1.67

Matthis: 1.87

Bantu: 2.02

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Roshea: 2.88

Gordin: 3.11

Caesar: 3.50

Jeorge: 4.00

Roger: 4.35

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Minerva: 6.45

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Edited by Richter Abend

I would say Linde is pretty dang awesome. She can wield Aura immediatly, which is, bar none, one of the most powerful weapons on the game, and it is coupled with a decent magic growth. Being a magic tome restricted to her or women with a B in tomes makes her pretty much the only possible wielder of Aura, since training any female character in this game to B in tomes is pretty much not going to happen. Of course, Linde is pretty frail, so while she can kick some serious ass, she is going to be hurting if anything so much as touches her. Other than her amazing power, she has some pretty decent growths, especially considering this game's penchant for lowish growths. She does start at level one however, so she is going to be behind since it is pretty much midgame when you get her.

Overall, Linde is pretty solid as a unit, but pretty dang frail, and she also needs a bit of help to become awesome. Even so, she can be very good.

6/10

Edited by Diortem

^ she starts with a D in tomes, meaning she misses out on bolganone, starlight, thoron, and technically, swarm and excalibur.

beat me to it

Linde is kinda bad.

She has hefty chip once with aura, and can set kills up for other units i guess. low base level really hurts her here, as without her aura tome, her offence is bad for a long time.

2/10

Edited by General Horace

Negative magic base. On a mage that joins midgame. Aura's nice, but not when she's facing 2HKO, at absolute best.

1.75/10

Linde is pretty bad in this game. Aura chip is about all she can do. Bad bases, frail as fuck and level 1 in ch11 dont get a unit very far. 1/10 +1 bias because shes amazing in FE12 2/10

Being a magic tome restricted to her or women with a B in tomes makes her pretty much the only possible wielder of Aura, since training any female character in this game to B in tomes is pretty much not going to happen.

Arm scrolls...

First Arms Scroll is on Chapter 12. The next three are on Chapter 24. How does this help?

I'm going to be perfectly honest, it doesn't.

On topic, I really don't have much to say about Linde, other than the fact that she joins dangerously underleveled and comes with Aura. I suppose she can become good, but considering you already have Merric, who I'm assuming is a much higher level, and Wendell, do you honestly need Linde?! Oh yeah, she sucks.

Aura lacks it's effectiveness bonus that made Excalibur so good. 18 MT on Aura is pretty nice but her base 2 mag isn't helping. If she gets through those horrible low levels she'll end up pretty good.

Aura lacks it's effectiveness bonus that made Excalibur so good. 18 MT on Aura is pretty nice but her base 2 mag isn't helping. If she gets through those horrible low levels she'll end up pretty good.

You need to give a number for the vote and not just reasoning if you want me to count it!

Low bases, late joining time, growths are okay but nothing spectacular. Not worth using over Merric or Wendell, but Aura is pretty nice, it makes her able to kill stuff even when she just joins despite the -1 magic base, but then still, she can't take a hit for a while and without Aura, she practically can do nothing at this point and 25 uses is not THAT many... All in all, not worth the trouble of leveling her up. (Although she turns out pretty damn good when you do)

2.5/10 + 1 bias (and because I think she deserves to end up higher than Darros and Rickard) makes 3.5/10

Edited by Quirino

On the bright side, she can go Cleric in order to play catch up since staff EXP is generally high. The only downside in that, however is reduced offense. Neither she nor Merric would need any tome level over C anyways, especially since enemy resistance is generally crap. But repeating what everyone else said, low bases, dies easily for a while, growths aren't too bad, not worth using when given the choice between her, Merric, and Wendell. (Now only if other magic users in the series with similar joining conditions had the luxury of changing into a class that gains EXP pretty quickly without fighting. But then again, I may be overrating staff utility.)

3/10 +1 bias, which makes it 4/10.

Bantu with boobs!

And by that, I mean 6 move unit that can be dragged around to deliver some heavy chip - and do it at 2-range.

3.5/10

Other than Aura, there's really no need for her to be used. Merric or Wendell have Excalibur which is only slightly weaker than Aura, but given how much damage they do with it, and how crap resistance is in this game, both do the job close to equal.

2/10

Edited by Lucina

Oh yeah, she sucks.

Linde is if not one of the most useful characters in the HM for chipping. Frail. But she serves as a stepping stone for your other characters to finish off.

Edited by リンダ