Getch'ur ASM Hax

Crimson Red

tl;dr

I'm desperate so if you need an ASM hack that I can actually do (ones that add new graphical or musical functionality = no can do) I will do it for $5 + $5 an hour via PayPal only. Rounded down to the nearest hour so a project taking 1.75 hours = 5 + 1*5 = $10. Which is pretty cheap.

Why am I offering such a thing?

Because I need money pretty dang badly.

So yeah, if you ever wanted some change like "luck should give a crit bonus", "S rank weapons give +5 hit and crit and attack", "a vulnerary that heals 20HP", feel free to ask somehow I doubt anyone will but you guys have no idea how desperate I can be lol

-----------------------------

Other stuff I can do:

I can also do stuff like make a new scheme for seizing for you (e.g. anyone can seize, choose which characters can seize on which chapters, etc.), I can disable support conversations for you (meaning it only gives bonuses), or maybe you want an event with a random chance of happening (e.g. 10% chance), I can help with that, or even auto-promotion at a certain level, a code that changes the default items in storage, a code that changes palettes for a certain character or chapter, codes to help make events where you have to pay to do something (I can help with setting up the event a bit too), I can even make a hack that makes a unit never die, revives all units that died in the chapter, or something else, if you aren't sure just ask and I'll let you know if I can do it and if I can't/aren't successful, you won't pay me, that simple.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about adding forges.

Uh, nothing really comes to mind right now(pretty much because you've already done it), but if I think of anything interesting I'll let you know.

Although that default storage items thing sounds interesting, I have no idea why and when I'd use that.

Ah, here's an idea, what about having walls have variable strength or having certain doors being breakable?

Edited by Kitty of Time

Don't charge so little you're screwing the economy

Now no one will pay a fair rate for our hard work.

(The joke is that they wouldn't pay anyway)

Edited by Solais

All right, I have two that I actually could use and would pay for:

1. FE10 style movement hinderance - Which is basically -2 move for mounted units while they are indoors(or just indoor maps in general)

2. Being able to increase the PC HP cap to 80/85(Unless this was already discovered, to my knowledge it resets at 64 -> 0 HP).

I'm pretty sure setting the text pointer to 0x00 will do this...

DAMMIT I WAS ABOUT TO GET PAID $5 AN HOUR FOR THAT THOUGH

but nah I could like disable it for say, the final few chapters if you didn't want conversations that could potentially screw with the plot or something

Don't charge so little you're screwing the economy

Now no one will pay a fair rate for our hard work.

(The joke is that they wouldn't pay anyway)

lol well it's hacking I don't exactly have a great audience here

1. FE10 style movement hinderance - Which is basically -2 move for mounted units while they are indoors(or just indoor maps in general)

This is probably possible, my estimate is it would take a little over 2 hours, meaning $15. Go for it? If so, hit me up on Skype eventually, my username is ballin1337 if you need it

2. Being able to increase the PC HP cap to 80/85(Unless this was already discovered, to my knowledge it resets at 64 -> 0 HP).

I would love to take advantage of you and say I made the hack and give it to you, but I think someone already figured out some way to do it... *supposedly*. It came out after I needed it so I never actually tested it but supposedly it works. As for where it is...

I happened to have it bookmarked, so you're in luck - http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=3418

...lol we got it from FE7if, that's kind of funny given all the silliness in that one thread recently.

EDIT: I was about to close the thread and noticed it's called "*WAY DOES NOT WORK*" now... if my suspicions are correct it doesn't actually work which stinks, but it does give me the idea of stealing from FE7if, so if it's proven to work in FE7if I can possibly look into it later^^

Edited by Blazer

This is probably possible, my estimate is it would take a little over 2 hours, meaning $15. Go for it? If so, hit me up on Skype eventually, my username is ballin1337 if you need it

I'll message you sometime tomorrow about the movement thing, hopefully it can help balance out fe6's horse ridden cast by giving them a penalty.

@KoT alright

@dondon I understand... as it turns out, I actually do have a part-time job. I work for my university as a web assistant (I help create sites, manage them, update them, and teach people how to update the pages themselves). I also have plenty of other less-official sources of income (tax-exempt/not as rigorous, consistent, or time-consuming) like tutoring (two tutoring jobs ATM), advertisements (I can't keep track of how many sources I have here), and freelance web design (currently contracted by a beverage-producing company).

That being said I could use even an extra $50 right now :) Like I said, I'm desperate. I can't say what for, but I'm so very desperate. XD

What's wrong with using the Nightmare (2.0) modules to edit the class specific terrain penalties?

Pretty sure I and/or someone else did this.

I have nothing for FE6

FE7 notes on the subject; went further with Luck it seems

Enemy Luck enable hack, which was probably made for Serenes Emblem; linked here as a bonus

FE8 info - not quite there

FEditor, of course, has the stat hack it automatically applies, but that doesn't affect HP. This is because HP has...no...cap? Not for blue units, anyway. That, or it's loosely enforced and easily modified. It'd require modification of one or two bytes and not many more if so.

It'd be easier to just tell you how to use a debugger so that you can do it yourself by detecting and removing changes to your HP resulting from having it greater than 64.

The problem isn't that it's difficult but rather that it's unnecessarily time consuming. To be absolutely sure the hack is done you'd have to play the game for an extended duration to verify that all possible changes to your HP due to the cap have been identified, which includes abnormal things like suspending and resuming the save file for no reason other than to see what happens. This sort of arbitrary extension of testing would inflate the cost of the service in a potentially dubious and unethical way.

Edited by Solais

Well here's a tip for Blazer then. Movement paths are determined using the A* algorithm with a 2D array of remaining moves generated circularly from an origin of the unit's starting position.

One would want to override the generation of this array to subtract 2 + n for each transition from a non indoor tile to an indoor tile, or from the first tile to an indoor tile if applicable, for n == default terrain cost. For mounted units only, of course.

I actually have notes about this that I made for processing 255x255 tile maps.

Edited by Solais

I think I might love you Nicolas

I was thinking about it while having wet dreams about sakuya waking up from my nap and another good person to query regarding the indoor mounted unit movement penalty is BwdYeti.

He had to rewrite the movement algorithm for FE7x anyway, and I think he was actually the first one of the two of us to correctly identify that the algorithm is A* and not "some weird and kind of sexy reverse-Dijkstra", to paraphrase what I probably guessed that it was all those years ago.

Edit: Okay in addition to Nicolas's awesome post his signature suggests that he's a fellow Vanessa fanboy so yeah, love confirmed.

Edited by Solais

wrt the movement thing you could probably do it in a more hacky way by breaking on reading movement, then writing a new routine to subtract two if the chapter is on a list of pre-specified "indoor" maps

properly you should probably fuck with the pathfinding algorithm like alex said but idk if you want to do that or if eric wants to pay the money it takes for that

Edited by CT075

I thought only certain tiles would count as "indoor"?

My suggestion would arguably take a similar amount of time as finding an alternative. Determining a valid solution to a problem is usually the long part and I took care of that already. The tedium of writing the code is trivial.

I'd ask if you could do something or two for FE4 for my own hack but unfortunately data for it is hard to come by/nonexistent/japanese and I don't know if you'd deal with going into it

Edited by Lorena

@Solais I'm not as smart as you though QQ

@Lorena I'm not totally unfamiliar with FE4 but yeah with a lack of doc it'd be too difficult, sorry (I kinda meant to say GBA games only though even then FE7 is the only one I've really done anything for)

@Jubby so you sign on/off 3-4 times a week within a timespan of 5 minutes huh?a'ight well hit me up or just PM me since I'm not on that much myself and when I am it's often for work reasons (e.g. talking to one of the teams for one of my projects/other reasons besides just goofing around)