Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manix was talking when all of a sudden you hear over the loudspeaker the following joke:

"I asked the guy sitting next to me if he had any Sodium Hypobromite…
He said NaBrO"

Manix was so mad at it that he just walked out the door, refusing to say another word.

Manix has died.

Dear Manix,

You are Boron, Town Nurse.

You’re atomic number 5, your symbol is B, and you’re super rare. You’re created by cosmic ray spallation, which means that you’re not found here on Earth basically at all. When you do exist, you’re used largely in bleaches and in fiberglass insulation. You’re also used in ceramics and glasses, so that’s cool I guess. Your name comes from a combination of Borox and carbon.

You never exist in unbound form. It’s too scary! Right now, you’re bonding really tightly with one of your friends. However, if they were to die, you might find the strength to do something more.

You are allied with the Natural Elements and win when all threats are eliminated.

Phase unpause. End times remain the same.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

Edited by scorri

Manix, the reason I thought you were town and Prims wasn't even though neither of you were addressing C9++ is because you try to be more logical and less ~vibes/paranoia when you're scum. I don't really have much meta on Prims that lasts more than a game or so because he makes active efforts to subvert it.

Prims- why is Shmo scum? You never said anything explicit and implicitly it looks like a reaction to his "I don't need to tell my reasons to you" thing, except Shmo said right after that it was a reaction test of sorts, and you never addressed that.

CUT scum Dayvig I guess since Manix crumbed Doc hard when he told the Mason to claim.

CUT scum Dayvig I guess since Manix crumbed Doc hard when he told the Mason to claim.

Scum dayvig or someone who just doesn't know Manix's meta very well, I guess ;/

Also I don't think Kirsche is scum because I don't think he'd actually quickhammer someone he knew to be town just because they self-voted. And if, as he pointed out, the Poly lynch was likely, then it's not like he needed to quickhammer to secure the lynch- he could have just waited another 24 hours.

Nobody that I can recall actually had a case against Manix except Grass a bit (but lol Insomniac Dayvig) so I find it pretty hard to believe that was a town shot even if they were a new player who didn't know Manix's meta.

fuck it

##Vote: Prims

If the mafia just wanted to shoot someone obvtown, they could have also done this last phase because it's not like the one or two posts Manix made today made him way more obvtown or something. Or they could have saved it and used it like Paper used his scum Dayvig in FAYZ. The timing suggests heavily it was because of the Doc crumb, and I think other than me Prims is the only person online who'd be impulsive/decisive enough to shoot within the span of a few minutes of it happening. His Shmo suspicion is also a reaction to just one post that Shmo made and I find it hard to believe he'd really just vote a first-time player right away over something that we just saw a new player do as town like two games ago.

##Vote: kirsche

What the hell was with that early hammer, man? That's far scummier than anything Polydeuces did in my book. Also, people HAVE self-voted themselves before only to cool down later and unvote. Discussion doesn't necessarily stagnate after a self-vote, especially with that much time left in the phase, and your hammer was bad.

Why is hammering scummier than self voting? I didn't get any scum vibes from that post; also agree with what BBM said about it causing unnecessary attention when the lynch was pretty much guaranteed at that point anyways.

The timing suggests heavily it was because of the Doc crumb, and I think other than me Prims is the only person online who'd be impulsive/decisive enough to shoot within the span of a few minutes of it happening.

How was Manix crumbing doc? He could've been pretty much ANY power role who just wanted to narrow down his list of targets.

I think it's more likely Manix was targeted by something akin to a Voodoo Lady from EM than sniped, personally.

How did you get that impression?

##Vote: kirsche

kirsche's hammer isn't a towntell because it's a self-fulfilling prophesy - any attempts to start new wagons on scum could only happen if the day continued. It's actually outright scummy that he hammered at that point because some players (such as myself) had outdated content and would have continued discussion. Also he didn't get a claim before hammering which is awful. There are times when there's no discussion to cut off and an early hammer is reasonable, but this wasn't one of them. It's especially bad given how disconnected his opinions on Poly actually were.

D1 shmo vote was a reaction test, BUT I think his content since is scummy: Poly jumps to conclusions rather quickly, but I'm town for thinking things out? How does this flow logically when I had a vote on shmo with no explanation? This a totally arbitrary reason to be voting Poly which makes me think it was a scumhop.

Still suspect Eury. For somebody who thought it was suspicious for Grass to ignore the ED1 BBM kerfuffle, she sure spent the entirety of D1 without making a single comment about Poly. Attack on Grass following the self-vote reads like she knew Poly was town and wanted to capitalize on the upcoming flip.

Other Stuff:

- NKspec has me paranoid about BBM, as I think he'd be the most likely to pick up on the mason crumb as well as shoot Manix regardless of kill method. I didn't register any of Manix's posts as crumbing doc and I'm still not sure how they could be construed as a softclaim so if it's a scumdayvig this also points to him.

- mei, what're your thoughts on shmo's alignment, and vise versa? Asking since you two at least know eachother well despite being new to mafia.

- I think Grass is solid town as this point; his night content shows a lot of effort put into the game when scum insomniacs are inclined to slack (plus I never had an issue with him in the first place).

Why is hammering scummier than self voting? I didn't get any scum vibes from that post; also agree with what BBM said about it causing unnecessary attention when the lynch was pretty much guaranteed at that point anyways.

Because hammering cuts down discussion time by game mechanics, whereas self-voting (while anti-wincon unless you're something stupid like fool) only cuts off discussion if the other players let it. At the time kirsche hammered, what were we, halfway into the phase? Even if Polydeuces had been lynched, we still could have used that discussion time to do other stuff, maybe Poly would've cooled down and unvoted himself, or maybe someone else would've done or said something suspicious.

There's also the matter that kirsche just pretty much said "yeah now people are just going to go why Poly why might as well hammer" and I find that suspicious. It looks like he just wanted an excuse to hammer without getting flak for it. Even if it may have caused "unnecessary attention", it still deprived town of like half a phase of discussion and because "the lynch was pretty much guaranteed" there's a chance people won't think twice about him hammering early either.

We've like never had a Voodoo on SF outside of EiMM games (afaicr anyways) so why would you think of that over Dayvig? Also I still want more of an explanation over why Shmo is so scummy.

Also I was thinking about the SB kill and it was kind of weird because sure there wasn't a lot of suspicion on him, but I think overall there was less on Manix, Prims, or even Kirsche. It makes more sense to me if someone saw a Mason crumb and killed him because they knew he was confirmed town anyways. Except I'm not sure why Prims would bring up that he saw a Mason crumb in that case.

@Refa:

on thinking about the flip, there's no way grass could be sb's mason buddy, and neither is bbm imo

mason can claim if they want, it should be safe to do so (but it is up to them)

The "should be safe to do so" implies knowledge of protection itg, so yeah I thought he was Doc as soon as he made that statement, but I guess thinking about it, it makes more sense for that sort of crumb to come from the Backup Doc than the actual Doc.

How did you get that impression?

A scum dayvig would've waited until later in the phase as to not implicate itself based on online times (unless scorri lets people pre-plan day actions during the nightphase, C/D?)